Metagame SCL I Doubles OU Discussion [$50 + Discord Nitro Prize]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z Strats

Banned deucer.
[TMS] Nails vs Qwello Lee [DYN] - Two top players coming off of a disappointing last week. I think Qwello had a fine matchup and just played it pretty badly with stuff like volt switching the incoming politoed among other things. Nails had a worse match up than Qwello but I still think he misplayed the Steela + Mew sequence quite a bit ending up in him just auto losing to it. I bold Qwello here because Nails support here is umbry, and the only time last snake when Qwello was confident in choosing his team on his own with minimal help from me was against umbry and he ended up winning. Qwello also has more to lose where as Nails team is already out so I expect Qwello to take the win over Nails here.

[SPA] stax vs Z Strats [PLA] - Goat.

[ISL] Mishimono vs Paraplegic [GIB] - Both of these players are prob the two players that have won the most when I predict against them and both are coming off of impressive wins after I predicted against them. Mishi played well against Justin and that combined with a good matchup gave him a pretty decisive win where Para also had a decisive win by getting a great match up and not having to really do much from there. Mishi is and has definitely been the better player, playing wise but Para has been good at getting these match ups where he doesn't have to do much. This game to me just comes down to can Para get the great match up vs mishi which he definitely can. My gut tells me Mishi wins this but just like Justin v Qwello I think you gotta give credit to the player who was able to beat Nails the week before.

[BRE] Spurrific vs Memoric [FOX] - Memo is back after being on the bench for 3 weeks and is up against Justin who is coming off of a loss. Despite the loss I don't think Justin really played that bad Mishi just played well enough that he wasn't able to overcome the bit of bad matchup (also used non sitrus amoong which is bad and prob would've helped him a lot t1.) I think Justin should take this as he's the better player that's historically done better in team tours and Memo is rusty though I would be scared if I was Justin right now since Memo's team is now out of the playoffs which means he's got nothing to lose and the crackhead ideas can come full swing. Would not be surprised if we see something insane from Memo that somehow gets him the win but still gotta bold Justin.

[SHO] Frania vs zeefable [TER] - This is a very interesting game and a hard one for me to predict. Frania has shown he still can play well but is still quite inconsistent and nowhere near peak frania while zee is still a newbie looking for her first win. Frania lost last week to stax pretty decisively last week (I heard his pult wasnt flame meaning it was prob dd and freeze meant nothing) throwing away his tran for the second week in a row and this time losing. As I've said though Frania has shown signs that he can play well, both his wins were coming back from a pretty bad position making every play he needed to win even though he prob got some help from his opponents both times. Zee still hasn't really gotten a fair shot to prove herself, she seemed to have a solid first game vs nails but lost and her second game was not as great, I still think I need to see a bit more from zee before I can bold her plus I don't think the break will have helped her.

[TMS] Nails vs Qwello Lee [DYN]
[SPA] stax vs Z Strats [PLA]
[ISL] Mishimono
vs Paraplegic [GIB]
[BRE] Spurrific vs Memoric [FOX]
[SHO] Frania vs Zeefable [TER]

bruno

is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
[SPA] stax
vs Z Strats [PLA]
[ISL] Mishimono vs Paraplegic [GIB]
[SHO] Frania vs Zeefable [TER]

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
[SPA] stax vs Z Strats [PLA]
[ISL] Mishimono vs Paraplegic [GIB]
[SHO] Frania
vs Zeefable [TER]

Week 8!
  • [TMS] Nails vs Mishimono [ISL]
  • [BRE] Spurrific vs stax [SPA]
  • [SHO] Frania vs Grandmas Cookin [DYN]
  • [TER] Actuarily vs Z Strats [PLA]
  • [FOX] Memoric vs Paraplegic [GIB]
Standings Sheet
Week 1 Recap
Week 2 Recap
Week 3 Recap
Week 4 Recap
Week 5 Recap
Week 6 Recap
Week 7 Recap
Congrats to daunt vs and Nido-Rus for going 5-0! daunt vs is in the lead with 27 points.
[TMS] Nails vs Mishimono [ISL]
[BRE] Spurrific vs stax [SPA]
[SHO] Frania vs Grandmas Cookin [DYN]
[TER] Actuarily vs Z Strats [PLA]
[FOX] Memoric vs Paraplegic [GIB]

Last edited:

HANTSUKI

satan saves xmas
is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RUPL Champion
DOU: Nails vs Mishimono
DOU: Spurrific vs stax
DOU: Frania vs Grandma's Cookin
DOU: Actuarily vs Z Strats
DOU: Memoric vs Paraplegic

Last edited:

Gray

stop ballcapping
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
DOU: Frania vs Grandma’s Cookin

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
DOU: Frania vs Grandmas Cookin

Last edited:

Spl4sh

Banned deucer.

Last edited:

IPF

sundown
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Last edited:
DOU: Frania vs Grandmas cookin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)