Shoddy Battle Gym League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoddy Battle Gym League: Gym Leader Sign-ups

After reading through the current thread here on mono-type teams, I got the idea to start a Shoddy Battle Gym League. It would be superior to all of the ones that seem to crop up on Wi-Fi owing to the fact that teams can actually be perfected on Shoddy, as opposed to Wi-Fi where moves/EVs/IVs must still be done manually in-game, even if all Pokemon are put at Lv. 100 for Wi-Fi matches. With that said, I'd like to recruit some strong players to help me out as gym leaders for said league. I'm going to say either a mono-type team or a specialty team (Rain Dance, Sunny Day, Trick Room, Sandstream, Hail, Gravity, Ubers) I want to try to fill all slots, so 17 mono-type teams + 7 "special" teams = 24 Gym Leaders, or 3 regions. The open spots are as follows:

Alpha Region
Bug: OldSchoolNub
Dark: CaptainKishimoto
Dragon: Dalamar789
Electric: OmegaDonut
Fighting: R2-D2 Rules!
Fire: Inferno838
Flying: Articanus
Ghost: Chris is me

Beta Region
Grass: Mario with Lasers
Ground: Loetke
Ice: Protege
Normal: ZinkOxide
Poison: CPU V2.0
Psychic: Cooper
Rock: Colonel M
Steel: marrilpet

Gamma Region
Water: Discord
Sunny Day: [.darkie]
Rain Dance: No_Chocolate
Sandstorm: Aeroblacktyl
Hail: Dragontamer
Trick Room: pinecone
Gravity/Tailwind: 3N3MY
Baton Pass: Hans

Elite Four
NU: Tinnacious
UU: Shiny Oddish
BL: The shadow knight
OU: Shiny Crobat
Ubers(Champion): Jibaku

Note on signups: Slots are first come, first serve unless the "first" is obviously not as seasoned a veteran as the "second."

These things never take off and really don't have much more of a point than playing ingame.

If you want to do something with the later things that you talked about (2v2, ubers), just wait for tournaments featuring those metagames.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
Did you not read his post? He is suggesting Shoddy. You just posted to something on Wi-Fi. Completely different.

If you can keep this organized and shit, I see no harm in letting it exist on this forum.

There are already people on Shoddy posing as Gym Leaders, though I haven't seen any of them online recently. There's a Brock, Bugsy, Sabrina, Falkner, Blaine, Juan, and Brawley. Though it would be better to have some more, because all the leaders besides Bugsy suck.

If this does take off, I call Psychic.

I don't see why 'Gravity' isn't a viable 'specialty' team. If you can add it ill do that.

EDIT: Maybe in place of 2v2, becuase IMO 2v2 is more of a completely different metagame where as Gravity is an actual field effect move.

Glad to see all the interest. I think it will be a challenge to us to create good teams, and will also challenge those who wish to take us on to realize it takes more than a set of mono-fire sweepers to beat someone using a mono-grass team. chaos, glad to see you posted here and didn't lock it.

I don't see why 'Gravity' isn't a viable 'specialty' team. If you can add it ill do that.

EDIT: Maybe in place of 2v2, becuase IMO 2v2 is more of a completely different metagame where as Gravity is an actual field effect move.
Alright, I'll do that. I'd forgotten about Gravity. Besides, thinking about it now I don't even know if Shoddy can do 2v2.

I suppose Poison might be fun- that's what I am on the old Serebii league, although I never got around to making my team.

OmegaDonut should get Bug automatically.

Actually, scratch that. I didn't notice "Hail" as an option. I'm very clearly the hail team, and not the Ice leader. Minor difference really :-/

I volunteer to take fire. I quite enjoy things like these, and I hope it works out well. I think this post should take precedence over the previous, poorly written one. In a perfect world, of course. Keep in touch.

I volunteer to take fire. I quite enjoy things like these, and I hope it works out well. I think this post should take precedence over the previous, poorly written one. In a perfect world, of course. Keep in touch.
It's yours. I looked and realized that was his only post here at Smogon.

If I do Flying, can that include Levitators?
I'll take it, anywayz.
Nice idea, BTW
Try not to. If you really get stuck, I guess they would be acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)