Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-104584469

So the fact that I came across a two-mon team consisting of Ambipom and Porygon2 is pretty strange in itself... but what's really strange is that I found this team in the mid- 1400s on the OU ladder.

How the hell did he get that high?
Just because he had 2 mons in his team doesn't mean he did all his battles with those two mons. I once got bored and Yolod around 10 matches with a SwagPlay Klefki alone on my team.

Say what you want about Sandshrew but he took a non resisted earthquake from a mega Garchomp.
Well, that was an uninvested Garchomp, and:

4 Atk Mega Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Sandshrew: 103-123 (33.8 - 40.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

So, maybe he was running an offensive spread. Let's try:

4 Atk Mega Garchomp Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Sandshrew: 154-183 (63.9 - 75.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Which means he was running it without Eviolite.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-104780732
-Focus Sash Greninja... okay?
-Rock Climb Excadrill... what the hell?
-Focus Sash Cloyster. I'll admit that it caught me off guard at first, but... what the fuck?
-Earthquake Conkeldurr. What, exactly, are you hitting with that? Delphox?
spoilers: it already gets knock off
Focus sash is one of, if not the, most common item on cloyster, allowing it to get off a free shell smash. Sash greninja somewhat makes sense, so you can actually take a hit with those paper-thin defenses (admittedly, life orb is miles better, but still.)

Focus sash is one of, if not the, most common item on cloyster, allowing it to get off a free shell smash. Sash greninja somewhat makes sense, so you can actually take a hit with those paper-thin defenses (admittedly, life orb is miles better, but still.)
That would actually be a pretty valid excuse if the Cloyster in question actually used Shell Smash (nevermind the fact that Cloyster has 180 base defense). I seriously can't stand when people decide to put a Sash on random things just so they can take a hit, especially in the case of Greninja, which has much better items to be holding, such as Life Orb as you listed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)