Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started an alt account on Showdown.
Fourth battle: A Gen 5 RU team with Infernape.
Which others mons did this guy have? Just asking.

In other things, one time in BW NU, some guy had a team consisting of Hypno, some baby Pokemon and Cottonee. I don't know what was up with that. This was like a month ago, however.

In other things, one time in BW NU, some guy had a team consisting of Hypno, some baby Pokemon and Cottonee. I don't know what was up with that. This was like a month ago, however.
I can't remember the entire team, but it had Grovyle, Slowking and Dusknoir.

Theme team because flavor-textwise Hypno is essentially the pedophile Pokemon?

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-102038357 --This was actually a pretty good battle, with nothing too out of the ordinary aside from Thunder Wave Bisharp, and then Turn 37 happened:

Turn 37
Silverx99 withdrew Crobat!
Silverx99 sent out Cofagrigus!
generic stall used Scald!
The opposing Cofagrigus lost 20% of its health!
The opposing Cofagrigus was burned!
The opposing Cofagrigus is switched out with the Eject Button!
Silverx99 withdrew Cofagrigus!
Silverx99 sent out Manectric!
The opposing Manectric intimidates generic stall!
generic stall's Attack fell!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-102038357 --This was actually a pretty good battle, with nothing too out of the ordinary aside from Thunder Wave Bisharp, and then Turn 37 happened:

Turn 37
Silverx99 withdrew Crobat!
Silverx99 sent out Cofagrigus!
generic stall used Scald!
The opposing Cofagrigus lost 20% of its health!
The opposing Cofagrigus was burned!
The opposing Cofagrigus is switched out with the Eject Button!
Silverx99 withdrew Cofagrigus!
Silverx99 sent out Manectric!
The opposing Manectric intimidates generic stall!
generic stall's Attack fell!
Ok, this may sound weird, but that's actually a thing. Only if he has a slaking though. Basically, you get someone to hit cofag with a physical hit, and then slaking comes in to pursuit trap the pokemon, giving slaking the ability mummy. But If you say it's a pretty normal battle, I doubt he has slaking :/

Ok, this may sound weird, but that's actually a thing. Only if he has a slaking though. Basically, you get someone to hit cofag with a physical hit, and then slaking comes in to pursuit trap the pokemon, giving slaking the ability mummy. But If you say it's a pretty normal battle, I doubt he has slaking :/
Ignoring for a second that he didn't have Slaking, he intentionally switched it into AV Slowbro. So even if he had Slaking, he would have wasted his Eject button and revealed the strategy for no benefit.

Of course, he didn't have Slaking, so there's that.

Ignoring for a second that he didn't have Slaking, he intentionally switched it into AV Slowbro. So even if he had Slaking, he would have wasted his Eject button and revealed the strategy for no benefit.

Of course, he didn't have Slaking, so there's that.
I'm not saying its viable there, I'm saying its actually a thing.

Random Shit volume 50: Half Century Edition
-A completely random Vileplume, on an otherwise viable team.
Hah! That was most likely me! I admit, as much as I take competitive play "seriously" (or as serious as required) if I'm not playing a tournament, I like to enjoy myself. Vileplume is hands down my favorite mon, so I like to make it work. There are hundreds of better options (like Venasaur), but if I can fit Plume in, so be it. I'm of the mindset that as long as you know the consequences, go crazy.

In my case, I at least play to it's strengths. The amount of people I had paralyzed or put to sleep with Effect Spore is...staggering.

Oh, silly things? How about people constantly trying to Toxic, or burn my Magic Guard Clefable? Sure, maybe you hit Toxic on a reflex, maybe, for some reason, you thought Clefable had Unaware. I understand, these things happen. However, she also knows Heal Bell. I use it to remove said Toxic, along with whatever status was on the rest of my team. What do these people do? Go out of their way to put Toxic the turn after I use Heal Bell!
Why? You can clearly see that it is taking no damage from Toxic/Burn. It does nothing. Just for a gag, I'll use Heal Bell again...only for them to poison her right after. Well, thanks! If she's poisoned, she can't be put to sleep!

This is ubers, but still greatness. I took a simple numel from several pages back... http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-102121344
The chat makes it all the more worthwhile.
This is by far the greatest thing posted on this thread. ALL HAIL NUMEL
Edit: and as for stupid things, Thrash and Protect Volcarona, Roar of Time Arceus, MegaDos NOT using Surf against something that's 4x weak to it :P
Oh, and getting stalled by a Numel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)