Simple Question, Simple Answer Thread Advance

One of the weirdest things just happened on my leafgreen version. While farming experience for my voltorb, I met a spearow and it became paralyzed after using peck due to static. The next turn, I use tackle and I got a message from my game saying Spearow's Keen Eye paralyzed Voltorb So yeah... does anybody care to explain this?

Do the Trainer Eyes in Ruby/Sapphire light up at random or do you have to walk around in their area to make them want to battle again? I noticed this because whenever I walked around Mauville and Verdanturf, the 2 jogging Triathletes, the aroma lady and the guitarist east of Mauville are always ready to challenge me. Coincidence?

One of the weirdest things just happened on my leafgreen version. While farming experience for my voltorb, I met a spearow and it became paralyzed after using peck due to static. The next turn, I use tackle and I got a message from my game saying Spearow's Keen Eye paralyzed Voltorb So yeah... does anybody care to explain this?
Don't ever put wobbuffet in the front of your party while playing FR/LG because I ran into a ditto and couldn't escape/change/or defeat it. Had to turn off the game.

Also, I have had plenty of paralyze situations which didn't seem right, like a spearow paralyzing a pikachu. Wtf?

Depends very heavily on your Blissey, Minwu, but Natural Cure is the standard even if you do have Ice Beam. There's something very nice about being able to switch into any status and have it just go away as soon as you leave, and if Blissey is your Heal Beller/Aromatherapist, you'll want to make sure she can do her job without the interference of sleep/repeated parahax/lucky freeze. However, if you really want to mess around with haxing people or have an excess of other status absorbers (say, more than one other guy with Guts, Sleep Talk, Natural Cure, possibly a Heal Bell Celebi already on your team...) you could use Serene Grace, possibly also with Thunder/bolt or Flamethrower for other status.
Generally, if you can only have one attack, Seismic Toss is going to deal way more damage than anything else you can use. It does leave you dead to ghosts, but Dusclops is going to have a hell of a time actually killing you, and Gengar won't like any Thunder Wave action unless he's got Sub.
Also worth noting is that, aside from going for the freeze chance, Ice Beam isn't going to do much of anything without at least some investment in Special Attack EVs. You'd need something like 200 EVs to OHKO a standard Salamence even with its 4x Ice weakness, so that should give you an idea how much damage you'd be dealing with fewer EVs against things that are less weak to Ice or generally more bulky.

So... it depends, but hopefully I touched on most of the things you'd want to consider.

OK, so I read on the first page that it's incredibly unlikely that the dogs in FR/LG will have good IVs. It it unlikely or certain?

So basically, is there a small chance of ever getting a well IVed dog in FR/LG?

Where is the first place in sapphire that I can find a rare candy? I used all of the ones in my emerald, and now I can't breed in that version due to my own stupidity when I didn't think about iv breeding. If I find one in sapphire I can trade it over to clone.

SToss + Natural Cure on most OU Blisseys, regardless of attack. Uber/CM Blisseys can have both.

FRLG legendary dogs always have crappy IVs.

There's a rare candy as a trick house prize.

I made an Onix for 3 days, and was aiming for an Impish Sturdy Att/Def/Sp.Def and got this:

Onix (M) @ HP Psychic 70
Sturdy - Impish Nature
22 | 31 | 31 | 11 | 31 | 6

6 is Speed. Is that any good, or should I go for something better? I never tried going for 4x or 5x 31 IVs. Don't think I would be able to. If I can make an Onix for a good Steelix, which 3 IVs should I go for, or is that ok?

Well the thing is, Steelix's speed is ass, so there is not much more to try for, but the hp is ok at best, 25 and up is the usual cut-off for a desirable IV, but overall it is pretty good.

I was asking if the Onix overall was ok. Not the speed part, that came out wrong. I wasn't going for any high of a Speed on Onix, because srsly, what is it going to outrun?

Also I am going to upload it to my Diamond and use it there with Stealth Rock and Roar, but on 3rd Gen it's mainly for Battle Tower and competitive. My friends don't generally breed for IVs, or EV Train so I should be able to wall them easily with that when I lvl and evolve it.

So, anyone answered my question yet? Are the trainer eyes in Ruby/Sapphire lighted up at random? Or do those trainers' eyes light up whenever I pass them?

I asked this in another forum, but didn't get an answer:

I need an EV Spread for Scizor, and I checked this and it says it needs 148 Speed EVs to outrun everything after an Agility, not including Ninjask and Electrode.

Doesn't having 128 EVs do exactly that? It's two speed stat higher than Jolly 31 IV 252 EV Aerodactyl with that using Agility.

Is having 148 Speed aiming to outrun something before it uses Agility?

Going to use this if it's fast enough:

Scizor @ Leftovers
Swarm - Adamant Nature
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Att / 128 Speed
~Swords Dance
~Silver Wind
~Agility
~Baton Pass

It's both an attacker, and a Baton Passer. Going to Agility first turn to see what they send out and speed up my counter with it, and if nothing comes in, SD and pass that to my real Sweeper. Probably going to be Breloom.

kelogsequent: Swampert (Surf/Ice Beam/Earthquake/x, eventually) does indeed kick the crap out of most stuff. Blaziken is also quite good, as he can attack physically and specially with good offensive stats.

The absolute fastest way to get through the game is probably to power-level your starter by using it all the time and not really use much else- if you want, grab one or two guys who can help out with the Elite Four members your starter is weaker against (Dark, Ghost, Ice/water, Dragon, and Water being their types- Fighting, Dark/Ghost, Ice, and Electric are the attack types to emphasize). If you have Swampert, Hariyama is probably a good guy to pick up. If you have Blaziken, probably grab a Tentacool/Carvanha early on for Surf and Ice Beam. Manectric is a little weak, but gives you a Thunderbolt for the two water users in the E4. Gardevoir comes to mind as another decent T-bolter.

Ceielo: I'm not sure, but I think there are a number of things that hover around 200 speed, so the extra EVs are probably just to beat out other things in that vicinity. Don't take my word for it though.

198 is the absolute minimum speed if you want to outstrip jolteon/aeroy/crobat. For a Baton Passer that will hopefully be getting out of there quickly, it should be all right, but if you want a sweeper, you should probably have more because things that have low speed and agility run anywhere from 199 to 208 speed, depending on how paranoid the player is about getting outsped and how many EVs he is willing to spare. I usually run about 201.

I accidently destroyed the wrong pokemon during EV Training, so I want to if the EV Reducing Berries always remove 10 EVs in Emerald or work similar to how they do in D/P, where they Remove 100 EVs if it has 100+ EVs in that stat

OK, I don't know if this counts for this forum ut I've just gotten XD off a friend and I'm wondering... what should I sr for and what not? So far I know the tangela and togepi are real cool, but what more?

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
OK, I don't know if this counts for this forum ut I've just gotten XD off a friend and I'm wondering... what should I sr for and what not? So far I know the tangela and togepi are real cool, but what more?
In UU, Jolly Swellow can run a SubPassEndeavor set. Dodrio can AcuPass.

What's the easiest way to check if a Pokemon is hacked in Emerald? Besides obvious things like a Deoxys caught in Mauville, or the pokemon who only lives in FR/LG etc.

I basically mean to ask...

How do you tell if some random, normally legitimate pokemon is hacked?

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
What's the easiest way to check if a Pokemon is hacked in Emerald? Besides obvious things like a Deoxys caught in Mauville, or the pokemon who only lives in FR/LG etc.

I basically mean to ask...

How do you tell if some random, normally legitimate pokemon is hacked?
1. Check the Ball. Bred Pokemon, or Pokemon wth Egg Moves, or Pokemon you "get" (Beldum, for example), must be in a Poke Ball. I met someone recently who bragged of their shiny Jolteon... in an Ultra Ball, from Kanto.
2. Check the IVs. That means de-EVing with the berries, run it through an IV checker, raise levels if needed to make sure you have the right IVs. If it's a legendary, and too good to be true, exercise caution.
3. Check for illegal combinations of moves.

Alright, thanks for the quick response. This means that Metagross I got from my friend is hacked... Back to my "breeding board", then. Thank (diety) for Adamant Dittos with 31 Attack IVs. Seriously, that Ditto was my only lucky break for Frontier preparation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)