Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 31 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you ask for help, and don't help others, you're scum, even if you compensate your helpers with leftover eggs that you would release anyways.

But that's enough, I won't bring the shitstorm here, I'm out.
Not really... So, I'm scum if I need someone to clone for me and I compensate the cloner but I won't do an extra favor for that person in addition to paying them? You know how stupid that sounds right?

That's like calling your employer scum because you go to work, they pay you as they should and then you're pissed because they won't turn around and do something extra for you.

If you didn't request someone check/hatch your eggs also don't accept someone's offer to help them check then whine if they don't have the time to help you. How about we try posting saying hey I also need to check my SVs I'd be willing to assist anyone who will assist me as well.

You have to understand just because you have the time on your hands not everyone does and even if that person does have time to help it may not be at the exact moment you want it. Maybe at the time they need assistance the best relationship they can afford is a working relationship (you assist me I compensate you) just make sure you know what you're doing and the terms before you go into it.

Last edited:
Not really... So, I'm scum if I need someone to clone for me and I compensate the cloner but I won't do an extra favor for that person in addition to paying them? You know how stupid that sounds right?

That's like calling your employer scum because you go to work, they pay you as they should and then you're pissed because they won't turn around and do something extra for you.

If you didn't request someone check/hatch your eggs also don't accept someone's offer to help them check then whine if they don't have the time to help you. How about we try posting saying hey I also need to check my SVs I'd be willing to assist anyone who will assist me as well.

You have to understand just because you have the time on your hands not everyone does and even if that person does have time to help it may not be at the exact moment you want it. Maybe at the time they need assistance the best relationship they can afford is a working relationship (you assist me I compensate you) just make sure you know what you're doing and the terms before you go into it.
If you clone you're a cheater. That said, the rest is just a fallacy because cloning is something that requires just two players, whereas shiny value exploiting requires a whole working community to work. So any piece of the SV community that doesn't do their part puts in risk the whole of it, which is what happens now, almost nobody opens eggs anymore, and I'll probably quit doing it too, since I'm fed up of opening over 25 people's eggs to see that most people are leechers that will act afk when they are asked for help, even if they are actually posting elsewhere.

When you get a shiny value matching yours, you're getting something from a community, not from the person alone. Compensating the person doesn't compensate the community that put that shiny value available for you.

If you clone you're a cheater. That said, the rest is just a fallacy because cloning is something that requires just two players, whereas shiny value exploiting requires a whole working community to work. So any piece of the SV community that doesn't do their part puts in risk the whole of it, which is what happens now, almost nobody opens eggs anymore, and I'll probably quit doing it too, since I'm fed up of opening over 25 people's eggs to see that most people are leechers that will act afk when they are asked for help, even if they are actually posting elsewhere.

When you get a shiny value matching yours, you're getting something from a community, not from the person alone. Compensating the person doesn't compensate the community that put that shiny value available for you.

Lmao you know how stupid that sounds... Cloning isn't cheating by any means explain how it is cheating? If I put the time and effort into breeding something and the pokemon is legit how exactly am I cheating? I want you to explain to me if it's cheating why does vgc allow clones but not hacks? And please give me a good answer and not a because I feel it's wrong

Lmao you know how stupid that sounds... Cloning isn't cheating by any means explain how it is cheating? If I put the time and effort into breeding something and the pokemon is legit how exactly am I cheating? I want you to explain to me if it's cheating why does vgc allow clones but not hacks? And please give me a good answer and not a because I feel it's wrong
Because the game is not programmed to create copies of pokes. And clones owners aren't DQed from VGCs cause nintendo has no way to tell who cloned a poke, they just know it's a legal pokémon. The game however is programmed to sent packages with pokémons through the wi-fi networks, so checking the content of the package doesn't involve cheating.

Or do you think they programmed the game so it has an option to clone pokes if a 3DS is switched out on the 8th second? It's a glitch, and glitch abuse is cheating. Else rage glitched pokes would have been allowed in 4th gen.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Using your logic, I think that helping pay for the server costs of the site hosting the community is infinitely more helpful than manipulating pixels.

Also if you don't like cloning then you are not going to find a welcome reception here. Please just go back to Serebii or reddit or wherever you came from and preach to the choir.

Using your logic, I think that helping pay for the server costs of the site hosting the community is infinitely more helpful than manipulating pixels.

Also if you don't like cloning then you are not going to find a welcome reception here. Please just go back to Serebii or reddit or wherever you came from and preach to the choir.
I do click smogon's adds, thus help them pay for the servers' costs. And in facebook communities, I contribute to the admins.

Because the game is not programmed to create copies of pokes. And clones owners aren't DQed from VGCs cause nintendo has no way to tell who cloned a poke, they just know it's legal.

Or do you think they programmed the game so it has an option to clone pokes if a 3DS is switched out on the 8th second? It's a glitch, and glitch abuse is cheating. Else rage glitched pokes would have been allowed in 4th gen.
Lmao you sir have the worst logic ever...

Rage glitch pokemon ditto, smeargle, or mew? The only two pokemon who can learn transform? Lol who runs rage anyway? Who the hell ran non imposter ditto at vgc? No one. Also, abusing a glitch is not cheating if it give you no distinct advantage over another person. I'm not taking a shortcut, I'm not hacking in the game, I'm not adding anything to my game I'm just reproducing something I worked hard on to breed.

Lmao you sir have the worst logic ever...

Rage glitch pokemon ditto or mew? The only two pokemon who can learn transform? Lol who runs rage anyway? Who the hell ran non imposter ditto at vgc? No one. Also, abusing a glitch is not cheating if it give you no distinct advantage over another person. I'm not taking a shortcut, I'm not hacking in the game, I'm not adding anything to my game I'm just reproducing something I worked hard on to breed.
That's what mimetic was for :facepalm:

Because yeah, no guard machamp with sheer cold would of been so bad if pokes obtained through glitches were legal...

EVERYONE CALM DOWN We shouldn't argue the only people we should bully are action replay noobs
Right, I don't actually care if people clone. For all I care, I don't even mind if people use pokegen'd pokes against me, so long as they are "legal" even if they ain't legitimate.

The thing is that comparing cloning with shiny value is a bad comparishion, cloning requires only 2 players mutual interaction, which is what people don't seem to understand.

And all of this because some people are to egotastic to even say "no, sorry, I won't help you" and prefer to ignore people for weeks while leeching.

That's what mimetic was for :facepalm:

Because yeah, no guard machamp with sheer cold would of been so bad if pokes obtained through glitches were legal...
That's not a glitch that's a hack and illegal one at that.... Why the hell are all of your points so terrible. At least try and argue on topic please

No it's not because it's the same working relationship... If I compensate you we both still benefit. You may have the time to assist people more often than i do however if we both walk away with something gained there should be no issue. Also you don't need the SV base to check your eggs just to match and hatch. You can have anyone anywhere help you with egg checking dude. Which is another reason I don't get why this is an issue.

How does ones ego have to do with a person saying I'm sorry I wont help you. How does this effect ones ego by any means? Do you mean too rude or impolite?

It's true man there are a lot of scumbags in the community the only thing you can do is avoid them the best you can and be as helpful as you can be. But spreading all this negativity through the community does nothing. Unless it is scamming you in some way shape or form I don't think that you are going to get anywhere by reporting anyone

It's true man there are a lot of scumbags in the community the only thing you can do is avoid them the best you can and be as helpful as you can be. But spreading all this negativity through the community does nothing. Unless it is scamming you in some way shape or form I don't think that you are going to get anywhere by reporting anyone
Exactly

That's not a glitch that's a hack and illegal one at that.... Why the hell are all of your points so terrible. At least try and argue on topic please

No it's not because it's the same working relationship... If I compensate you we both still benefit. You may have the time to assist people more often than i do however if we both walk away with something gained there should be no issue. Also you don't need the SV base to check your eggs just to match and hatch. You can have anyone anywhere help you with egg checking dude. Which is another reason I don't get why this is an issue.

How does ones ego have to do with a person saying I'm sorry I wont help you. How does this effect ones ego by any means? Do you mean too rude or impolite?
With mimetic you could get the rage glitch to work in a machop and make it learn whatever move :facepalm:

And what I mean is that people don't want to look bad and they will act "afkish" for weeks instead of saying "no sorry", no matter if they have 5 or 10 people waiting for a response with their eggs rotting in their PC boxes, whereas if they just said "no" the person would at least open the egg. But that would make the guy who didn't help look bad, so they'll rather stay AFK for weeks. It's not that hard to get why that is bad.

In fact, I did tell Theking~ "if you're not going to help, then just don't give your SV away". It makes people lose a lot of time. And what I see is that, with time, more and more people are refusing to help anyone because they get fed up to stockpile on unanswered messages.

With mimetic you could get the rage glitch to work in a machop and make it learn whatever move :facepalm:

And what I mean is that people don't want to look bad and they will act "afkish" for weeks instead of saying "no sorry", no matter if they have 5 or 10 people waiting for a response with their eggs rotting in their PC boxes, whereas if they just said "no" the person would at least open the egg. But that would make the guy who didn't help look bad, so they'll rather stay AFK for weeks. It's not that hard to get why that is bad.
Let me ask you again does machop LEGALLY via level up, tm, or egg move learn sheer cold? No is the answer (here lies the issue with your crappy horribly put together argument) Does having a no gaurd sheer cold machamp give you an advantage over people that people can not obtain through normal means? Yes (here is another issue with your horrible logic).

I want you to tell me where the unfair advantage comes in from cloning a pokemon. Don't worry I'll wait.

That person is not obligated to help you is the thing. As wrong as it may sound they aren't obligated to respond to you either. I understand your frustrations but they are going to fall on deaf ears. Simply because someone is apart of a community doesn't mean that they will dedicate or donate as much of their time as you will. Doesn't mean that they can dedicate as much time as you will either. You just have to move on dude. A shiny pokemon is some ething nice to have but not a requirement.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Haha wow a cloning argument here of all places.

So anyway, on the subject of cloning, I've started doing it myself today. What I'm after is an Ability Capsule. I figure that if I'm going to be cloning my pokemon I might as well shove the most valuable item in the game on them first. However I don't have one, so I want to strike a deal with someone. I borrow their Capsule for half an hour or so, clone it twice (one for me, two for you!) then I give two back. Let me know if anyone would like to hit me up for this, otherwise I'll be in the Maison!

Alternatively you could CMT for it.

Last edited:
The only thing I don't like about cloning, is that if you have the resources to do it, you get a pretty big 'boost' in terms of trading. You could poop out perfect Rotoms for days, and proceed to trade those off for anything you want. A little 'unfair' for others, who are spending a lot of time to get stuff 'legitimately' to be able to trade for other intangibles.

I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with it, I guess; I'm just jealous ;)

Haha wow a cloning argument here of all places.

So anyway, on the subject of cloning, I've started doing it myself today. What I'm after is an Ability Capsule. I figure that if I'm going to be cloning my pokemon I might as well shove the most valuable item in the game on them first. However I don't have one, so I want to strike a deal with someone. I borrow their Capsule for half an hour or so, clone it twice (one for me, two for you!) then I give two back. Let me know if anyone would like to hit me up for this, otherwise I'll be in the Maison!

Alternatively you could CMT for it.
I could get you an Ability Capsule for your Vullaby and a male Klefki.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)