Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 31 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let's say I want a flawless Blastoise.

Go through my box of squirtles, and see which two have the best IVs to start with. Squirtle A has HP and Squirtle B has the nature I want and Def. Put the everstone on Squirtle B so I take care of getting the desired nature first? Then use that one to breed? WIth an everstone I believe. SO let's say now that I have my bold Squirtle with HP IV. (just an example). I pair him up with another that might be holding a power item to maybe pass HP from one parent and Def from another? Then get a baby that hopefully has two of those IVs? Then swap him into the breeding process so now I have 3 good IVs between the two.
You got the basic idea.

Need the following Pokemon:

4 IV Spitbacks
Telepathy - Timid - Noibat
Sturdy - Bold/Careful - Carbink
Anticipation - Timid - Eevee
Contrary - Jolly - Malamar

Check my signature for my spitbacks or I can trade you items from the Battle Maison!

So let's say I want a flawless Blastoise.

Go through my box of squirtles, and see which two have the best IVs to start with. Squirtle A has HP and Squirtle B has the nature I want and Def. Put the everstone on Squirtle B so I take care of getting the desired nature first? Then use that one to breed? WIth an everstone I believe. SO let's say now that I have my bold Squirtle with HP IV. (just an example). I pair him up with another that might be holding a power item to maybe pass HP from one parent and Def from another? Then get a baby that hopefully has two of those IVs? Then swap him into the breeding process so now I have 3 good IVs between the two.
That's the general idea. Personally, I think the fastest way would be to farm Dittos in the Pokemon Village and farm them until you get specimens that cover all 6 IVs. Then use those Dittos to chainbreed the way you would normally, albiet slower because its unlikely for them to have 2 perfect IVs at a time. Also, it'll help you cover all the natures you could possibly need in the future and will speed things up whenever you you want to breed something outside of Squirtle's Egg Group. Also, whenever you're breeding a new Egg Group, always to to get a flawless male. That way you don't have to bother with getting IVs from the ditto. You can just get a member of the species with the nature you want and breed it with the Perfect Male to speed things up.

Okay, I'm in a bit of a bind, because due to me not paying attention during Wonder Trade, I might have accidentally traded away the Ralts with Gardevoirite on it (Yes, you may laugh now). So I need to trade for a new Mega Stone. I don't know if anything I have is worth the price for it, and I've never breeded anything, but I'm willing to give an honest effort in making it a fair trade. My Friend Code should be in my sig.

Thank you for your time

That's the general idea. Personally, I think the fastest way would be to farm Dittos in the Pokemon Village and farm them until you get specimens that cover all 6 IVs. Then use those Dittos to chainbreed the way you would normally, albiet slower because its unlikely for them to have 2 perfect IVs at a time. Also, it'll help you cover all the natures you could possibly need in the future and will speed things up whenever you you want to breed something outside of Squirtle's Egg Group. Also, whenever you're breeding a new Egg Group, always to to get a flawless male. That way you don't have to bother with getting IVs from the ditto. You can just get a member of the species with the nature you want and breed it with the Perfect Male to speed things up.
no that's not the fastest way... Dittos are the most counter productive thing to breeding that ever existed.... You should only use dittos if the pokemon's gender spread is largely male, genderless, only male pokemon. The relationship between ditto and pokemon with your ot won't be good because it's not of that pokemon's species.

If breeding two pokemon of the same ot it's best to use pokemon of the same species
If you are breeding pokemon with different ots anything I. It's egg group (unless it's the same species) will produce eggs at an average speed.

Pokemon with different ots of the same species really get along and produce eggs faster.

Please don't give people bad advice. If you don't know the ins and outs of breeding don't give people advice that's going to make them waste their time man.

Okay, I'm in a bit of a bind, because due to me not paying attention during Wonder Trade, I might have accidentally traded away the Ralts with Gardevoirite on it (Yes, you may laugh now). So I need to trade for a new Mega Stone. I don't know if anything I have is worth the price for it, and I've never breeded anything, but I'm willing to give an honest effort in making it a fair trade. My Friend Code should be in my sig.

Thank you for your time
Are leftovers a fair deal to u?

Looking for
5V Bold Rotom
and
5V Female Magikarp bred in a nice ball

I can offer various things, including some Italian 6V pokemon, 5V female rare pokemon.
Pm me

no that's not the fastest way... Dittos are the most counter productive thing to breeding that ever existed.... You should only use dittos if the pokemon's gender spread is largely male, genderless, only male pokemon. The relationship between ditto and pokemon with your ot won't be good because it's not of that pokemon's species.

If breeding two pokemon of the same ot it's best to use pokemon of the same species
If you are breeding pokemon with different ots anything I. It's egg group (unless it's the same species) will produce eggs at an average speed.

Pokemon with different ots of the same species really get along and produce eggs faster.

Please don't give people bad advice. If you don't know the ins and outs of breeding don't give people advice that's going to make them waste their time man.
I'm aware of the slower egg producing speed. But what's the percentage chance of getting a Pokemon will generate perfect IV to chain breed?

ok my boxes are full to the brim so i need to get rid of my spitbacks. I have sassy larvitar(SR, pursuit), jolly gible, timid joltik, adamant pawniard(sucker punch, quick guard), brave mawile(elemental fangs), adament drilbur(sand rush), bold espurr, adament fletchling, adamant magikarp, quiet solosis, brave honedge, timid froakie, modest squirtle, and adament marill.

Will accept pretty much any 4 iv spitback or we can tried for less iv if you want. I am really interested in charmander(Y variant) , chlorophyll bulbasaur, regenerator foongus, and rotom.

If you want to trade 5 iv for 5iv i can breed the pokemon above aswell.

I'm aware of the slower egg producing speed. But what's the percentage chance of getting a Pokemon will generate perfect IV to chain breed?
IV's passing down has nothing to do with Ditto. It's the items (Destiny Knot and Power Items), the more eggs you have the quicker you can chain together IVs.

Dude your strategy is best, but only works for people that breed ALL the time, and have tons of good mons to choose from. When starting breeding and you have no good iv pokemon, you want dittos. A lot of dittos. The breed time is largely irrelevant.

Hey, anyone got a Timid synchronizer?
It can be any Pokemon of gender.
I've got a PC box dedicated to all Synchronize natures (so far only have 13) and really need Timid.
I've got duplicates of Adamant, Modest, Rash, Lass, and Sassy, so if anyone needs those I'll trade it for a Timid.

If I can find some, sure. Give me a moment to figure out where they are.
There's only one per playthrough, just like Gardevoirite. Its possible to get a Leftovers via high-level Pickup, but I've had two Lv. 100 pickupers in my party go through over 200 battles, and still have yet to obtain a single Leftovers from them.

Dude your strategy is best, but only works for people that breed ALL the time, and have tons of good mons to choose from. When starting breeding and you have no good iv pokemon, you want dittos. A lot of dittos. The breed time is largely irrelevant.
Not really. You're still better off breeding the way I stated then you can breed things within that egg group that branch off into other egg groups, and then when you get a male for that group you keep repeating the process.

Hey, anyone got a Timid synchronizer?
It can be any Pokemon of gender.
I've got a PC box dedicated to all Synchronize natures (so far only have 13) and really need Timid.
I've got duplicates of Adamant, Modest, Rash, Lass, and Sassy, so if anyone needs those I'll trade it for a Timid.
I have multiple extra Timid Synchronizers and you're welcome to one for free. I'm busy tonight though, so hit me up tomorrow (I assume this isn't urgent, you're just preparing for the future, which is a good idea.)

ok my boxes are full to the brim so i need to get rid of my spitbacks. I have sassy larvitar(SR, pursuit), jolly gible, timid joltik, adamant pawniard(sucker punch, quick guard), brave mawile(elemental fangs), adament drilbur(sand rush), bold espurr, adament fletchling, adamant magikarp, quiet solosis, brave honedge, timid froakie, modest squirtle, and adament marill.

Will accept pretty much any 4 iv spitback or we can tried for less iv if you want. I am really interested in charmander(Y variant) , chlorophyll bulbasaur, regenerator foongus, and rotom.

If you want to trade 5 iv for 5iv i can breed the pokemon above aswell.
Am interested in Sassy Larvitar and Bold Espurr spitbacks, would like to trade with you tomorrow.

IV's passing down has nothing to do with Ditto. It's the items (Destiny Knot and Power Items), the more eggs you have the quicker you can chain together IVs.
I know how the power items and destiny knot work. But we're talking about someone whose Pokemon don't necessarily have IVs to pass down in the first place. Are you going to get an perfect IV to start chaining faster just by breeding until you get one, or by training the IV off of a ditto that for sure has that stat?

I know how the power items and destiny knot work. But we're talking about someone whose Pokemon don't necessarily have IVs to pass down in the first place. Are you going to get an perfect IV to start chaining faster just by breeding until you get one, or by training the IV off of a ditto that for sure has that stat?
For the love of Jesus dude... You can just go catch a pokemon from the got dang friend safari and chain breed that way it doesn't have to be a ditto for that. Ditto isn't the only one who you can guarantee has a flawless Ivs considering everything from friend safari gets at least 2 flawless Ivs

For the love of Jesus dude... You can just go catch a pokemon from the got dang friend safari and chain breed that way it doesn't have to be a ditto for that. Ditto isn't the only one who you can guarantee has a flawless Ivs considering everything from friend safari gets at least 2 flawless Ivs
We're specifically talking about someone who doesn't have access to the friend safari.

I mean if you have the Ditto to begin w/ then I'd say yes, but seeing as FS gives 2IV Ditto and 2IV everything else Ditto is only better if you're breeding your first Pokemon ever (or something from a completely foreign egg group) but manage to have a 3+ IV Ditto as anything less and a quick trip to friend safari gives you just as many IVs and quicker eggs therefor decreasing the time to pass down the one's you need.

I mean if you have the Ditto to begin w/ then I'd say yes, but seeing as FS gives 2IV Ditto and 2IV everything else Ditto is only better if you're breeding your first Pokemon ever (or something from a completely foreign egg group) but manage to have a 3+ IV Ditto as anything less and a quick trip to friend safari gives you just as many IVs and quicker eggs therefor decreasing the time to pass down the one's you need.
We're specifically talking about someone who doesn't have access to wifi and friend safari.

We're specifically talking about someone who doesn't have access to wifi and friend safari.
The item (power item or destiny knot), does not pass down perfect IVs. It passes down the Iv the parent had in that stat. If they had a iv of 24, the baby will have an iv of 24. If they don't have access to a safari, sucks. They will have to catch good iv mons the old fashion way.

But then that makes the reasoning for Ditto even more confusing as your stuck with any Ditto you have. You can't make a better Ditto for breeding. You can however get lucky pull some random 31's and pass them along to a male making a good breeding father. You can't breed a new/better Ditto. So why would you use Ditto then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)