Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 42 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. 25% : 75% is 1:3. 1 female for every 3 males (or out of every 4 Pokémon.

2. Oh; well in that case, no it is not possible to get a hex 0 Pokémon from hex 29 and hex 31 parents. Since (even without Destiny Knot) 3 IVs are passed from the parents, any offspring utilising those parents would have at least 3 IVs not at 0.
1. Riiiiight. Of course. I'm dumb sometimes.

2. Ah crap, I meant test parents. Like using hex 0 and hex 29 test parents when testing for a hex flawless offspring, would using hex 31 and hex 29 test parents be fine for testing for a hex 0 offspring?

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
1. Riiiiight. Of course. I'm dumb sometimes.

2. Ah crap, I meant test parents. Like using hex 0 and hex 29 test parents when testing for a hex flawless offspring, would using hex 31 and hex 29 test parents be fine for testing for a hex 0 offspring?
1. Don't worry about it. :)

2. Yes, that would be fine. If when you check the test offspring it has an IV of 0, then that is the randomly generated stat, all others (assuming Destiny Knot obviously) are inherited from the parents. So switching to two hex 0 parents would indeed net you a hex 0 offspring (or switching to two parents who have 0's in the appropriate IVs based on the inheritance).

My turn to ask about Time Machine Method :P

For example, I have a Female Kabuto 31/31/x/31/31/31 and a 6 IVs Ditto. I want a Female Kabuto 31/31/31/x/31/31. As Kabuto has the the gender ratio 1:7, do I need to use another 12,5% Female pokemon to know which Gender will be inherited ?

And is it worth it to use Time Machine Method for that kind of breed ?

.com

Grumpy old man

For example, I have a Female Kabuto 31/31/x/31/31/31 and a 6 IVs Ditto. I want a Female Kabuto 31/31/31/x/31/31. As Kabuto has the the gender ratio 1:7, do I need to use another 12,5% Female pokemon to know which Gender will be inherited ?

You do need another 1:7 gender ratio Pokémon to confirm which gender is to be passed (Togepi line is ideal, since they hatch in the fewest steps).*

No, it would not be worth using the Time Machine Breeding Method in such a situation, since you already have 6IV and 4IV parents (ignoring the SpA, since it's irrelevant), and not multiple less good parents of each gender.

Edit:* When I say you need, this is a stretch. If the test offspring is female, then of course there is a chance that the Kabuto would be female too, and so you can confirm by just switching in Kabuto and checking. But in that case it would again have been simpler to just breed in the normal fashion.

Last edited:

Yes, but you're better off just breeding regularly.

.com

Grumpy old man
I can probably help, what was this for?
Quotes don't nest here. It is in reference to this post:
So after a crap-ton of spitbacks destined for Wonder Trade this weekend, I have a perfect Beldum!

I have two that are 31/31/31/x/31/29* up to trade. If you want You can check me a spitback, a vitamin or a in-game sellable item for these. This is in addition to my previous giveaway which is still on offer here http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...here-no-hacking.3513279/page-232#post-5686330

*the speed iv is 28 or 29 but probably 29

VM if you want anything

.com

Grumpy old man
Wait you can rng on the iPhone? By the way looking for someone to clone a shiny swablu I got from Masuda method thanks
Edit: can someone send me a link or guide to do that
You can't RNG [abuse] on a phone without breaking the law.
You can use it to search for spreads, seeds, etc. which you can then utilise in the normal process on your console. If you have access to a computer at the time of RNGing however there's no advantage (AFAIK) to using your phone to do so. The guide for PPRNG (the computer version of the phone software) is located here however, and excluding the look and feel should cover what you need to know to use the phone version.

Hello! I need to clear some box space, so I'm going to hand out the following imperfect females. They all should have 3-5 IVs. Be sure to check their stats in the Battle Institute as Misdreavus, Electrike, and Seviper were bred with a specific Hidden Power in mind (Fighting, Ice, and Ground, respectively).

| Misdreavus | Timid | Levitate | Destiny Bond, Nasty Plot, Memento | 7

| Electrike | Timid | Lightning Rod | Eerie Impulse, Electro Ball, Flame Burst, Switcheroo | 5

| Seviper | Modest | Infiltrator | Body Slam, Stockpile, Switcheroo, Wring Out | 7

| Tropius | Jolly | Harvest | Curse, Dragon Dance, Leaf Blade, Synthesis | 16

This is going to be a GTS giveaway. First come, first served. Post a Pokémon in the GTS and leave a comment in my profile stating which Pokémon you want and the gender, level, and species of the Pokémon you deposited. Please do not upload Scatterbug, starters or Pokémon that evolve upon trading. You may request more than one Pokémon.

Last edited:
You can't RNG [abuse] on a phone without breaking the law.
You can use it to search for spreads, seeds, etc. which you can then utilise in the normal process on your console. If you have access to a computer at the time of RNGing however there's no advantage (AFAIK) to using your phone to do so. The guide for PPRNG (the computer version of the phone software) is located here however, and excluding the look and feel should cover what you need to know to use the phone version.
So I clearly have to restart my game in black and black 2 which game should I restart?

A nice set for a Timid Manaphy?The Smogon's set says to give it 176 EVs in Spe to outspeed Deoxys-D, but the alien is now banned...What's the best alternative?

I'm looking for a few mons, spitbacks with low IVs is fine. HA Netball/Diveball Tentacruel, HA Female Quickball Lucario, HA Premier Ball Female Togepi.
0 Atk Ditto and 0 Speed Ditto.

Or a Friend Safari with Lucario/Riolu, pm me if you have one!

Have some 3-5 IV spitbacks with egg moves, Superpower, Bellydrum, Aquajet Marills in a dive ball, Speed Boost Torchics with Baton Pass and Low Kick, 4-5 iv adamant Metangs, 4-5iv Aerodactyls.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)