Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been soft resetting the Shiny Yveltal event on my ΩR game for about a week without luck. When I have some free time, I soft reset a bunch of times. Is there any tips on soft resetting event legendaries, or is it pure luck? From my experience, I get some 3IV combos and Natures more often than others (e.g. Hasty appears somewhat more than Brave, HP Atk Spe appears more than SpA Spd Spe). If I wait for different times before clicking the Start menu, it seems to affect the results (probably just illusion of control effect). A few times, I got the exact same nature and 3 perfect IVs twice in a row.
One pro-tip I've kind of picked up is noticing what the 31 IV HP is, then if the HP isn't within 2 of that it's an automatic toss. If it passes that, check nature and be willing to take any viable nature. The neutral natures, Lax/Gentle and more often than not any -Speed nature are automatic tosses. Then you can take it to the judge and if it's not outstanding, its a toss. Finally if you're considering keeping it use an IV calculator and see if you're happy.

This doesn't really make anything easier because it's complete luck, but at the very least it'll make you more efficient.

I have been soft resetting the Shiny Yveltal event on my ΩR game for about a week without luck. When I have some free time, I soft reset a bunch of times. Is there any tips on soft resetting event legendaries, or is it pure luck? From my experience, I get some 3IV combos and Natures more often than others (e.g. Hasty appears somewhat more than Brave, HP Atk Spe appears more than SpA Spd Spe). If I wait for different times before clicking the Start menu, it seems to affect the results (probably just illusion of control effect). A few times, I got the exact same nature and 3 perfect IVs twice in a row.
Memorize the stats...if you're looking for trade value here, don't even bother checking anything with less than 391 hp. TBH even that is probably a toss considering it's not a life orb number. For personal use, I'd still say toss 389 and below, you really don't want anything with less than a 28 hp iv.

I generally look at speed first, if it doesn't end in a 4 or a 7 (for yveltal) it's a toss. Then I look at nature.

Yveltal isn't so bad because there are so many viable natures, but it is completely random and you're at the mercy of the rng.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a pro but I have stupid high standards when it comes to resets

Can I justify keeping this? Obviously there are plenty of reasons it's far from ideal, but it's basically a perfect 6-IV for the nature.

Jirachi | Quiet
31/31/31/31+/31/3-
I would toss the nature weighs it down far to much even with the solid IVs. However, it's worth using a powersaves to create a save state

Memorize the stats...if you're looking for trade value here, don't even bother checking anything with less than 391 hp. TBH even that is probably a toss considering it's not a life orb number. For personal use, I'd still say toss 389 and below, you really don't want anything with less than a 28 hp iv.

I generally look at speed first, if it doesn't end in a 4 or a 7 (for yveltal) it's a toss. Then I look at nature.

Yveltal isn't so bad because there are so many viable natures, but it is completely random and you're at the mercy of the rng.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a pro but I have stupid high standards when it comes to resets
389 HP is the Life Orb number (Despite being a 27 IV). If you're tossing that, wouldn't it make sense to just toss anything without 393 HP?

Demantoid

APMS Founder
is a Top Tiering Contributor
I think this is keepable but just to make sure: 31/31/31/31/31/29 Impish Event Yveltal

Leaning toward keep because the Tough Bird set doesn't run speed anyway

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I think this is keepable but just to make sure: 31/31/31/31/31/29 Impish Event Yveltal

Leaning toward keep because the Tough Bird set doesn't run speed anyway
Hmm, for personal use: I'd say keep, because if you plan to run that set, the only speed tie you're missing out on is against Defensive and Calm mind Xerneas, which aren't used that much. And Yveltal will most likely swap out of that, anyway (unless you can pull off a taunt when they plan to use Rest or Calm Mind)

For trade value, though: I'd say it's a clear toss. No one likes less than 30 in speed (or less than 31 if it needs investment).

Hey, I was wondering if someone could walk me through how to get an Eon Ticket for OR/AS? I more interested in the Soul Dew than the Lati counterpart, but I still need to know how to access it. Something with the Street Pass?

You just need to Street Pass with someone who already has the Eon Ticket.
Would this be something that can be done with someone here, or does it have to be in person? I was under the impression that it had to be a real-life passing by of someone with the Eon Ticket, but if it could be done with someone here that would be nice.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Would this be something that can be done with someone here, or does it have to be in person? I was under the impression that it had to be a real-life passing by of someone with the Eon Ticket, but if it could be done with someone here that would be nice.
Streetpass has to be done IRL, unless you try to set up homepass (which involves DNS abuse etc, I'm not gonna explain it here).

Streetpass has to be done IRL, unless you try to set up homepass (which involves DNS abuse etc, I'm not gonna explain it here).
One day, I connected to the internet on the Player Search System in Omega Ruby and I got the Eon Ticket from Passing By. So, if someone adds my friend code and come online at the same time, will they receive the Eon Ticket? It can be giving using StreetPass in person or on the PSS right?

One day, I connected to the internet on the Player Search System in Omega Ruby and I got the Eon Ticket from Passing By. So, if someone adds my friend code and come online at the same time, will they receive the Eon Ticket? It can be giving using StreetPass in person or on the PSS right?
No you have to physically pass someone or pass a Nintendo WiFi zone that someone who had the eon ticket had recently been through

No you have to physically pass someone or pass a Nintendo WiFi zone that someone who had the eon ticket had recently been through
Oh, so I can only pass it to people in the Passerby list on the PSS. Because that is where I got it from. I clicked the mailbox icon on Buzznav and got it from someone on the PSS. I was at home. How did this happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)