Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually a pretty obscure reason. There is no Pokemon that can learn Imprison and Softboiled, but there are Pokemon that learn Roost and Imprison. 99.99% of battles they will be the same thing.

Also what is the reasoning behind Seismic Toss over Night Shade?
Night Shade doesn't hit normal types, Seismic Toss does & vice-versa. Now take in consideration that mew doesn't want to stay in on Ghost types to begin with, whereas it might actually want to do just that against several normal types.

Anyways, three years later and I finally got to SR'ing Xerneas. Right now I have a Timid one with the following Ivs: 29/xx/31/31/29/31. I do not expect it to have any trade value, I just want it to be competitively viable but I have no idea if it'll miss those 2 points in HP & SpD. Sooo, toss or nah?

I want to breed a Honchkrow with Defog.
What ability and what nature would be good?
I thought Insomnia and Naughty + Adamant nature.
And can Murkrow only learn Sucker Punch in Diamant and Perl?

Night Shade doesn't hit normal types, Seismic Toss does & vice-versa. Now take in consideration that mew doesn't want to stay in on Ghost types to begin with, whereas it might actually want to do just that against several normal types.

Wouldn't Night Shade be better to hit both Ghosts on the switch? Only normals used in OU are Chansey and Lopunny.

Anyways, three years later and I finally got to SR'ing Xerneas. Right now I have a Timid one with the following Ivs: 29/xx/31/31/29/31. I do not expect it to have any trade value, I just want it to be competitively viable but I have no idea if it'll miss those 2 points in HP & SpD. Sooo, toss or nah?

I'd keep for personal use

So apparently XD tutor can only teach one exclusive move (more hasn't been reported and XD has been critically underresearched) so what should I get? Night Shade, Fake Out or Hypnosis?

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.

So apparently XD tutor can only teach one exclusive move (more hasn't been reported and XD has been critically underresearched) so what should I get? Night Shade, Fake Out or Hypnosis?
Fake Out for physical natures. For special natures, it is up to you. Hypnosis might be better because Mew cannot learn any other sleep inducing move.

With timid nature your not likely to be investing in either of the stats anyway so chances are those couple of points would only make the difference on the rarest of occaisons

Last edited:

Well you still have Seismic Toss over Night Shade so it comes down to what set you're planning to run I guess. Hypnosis is pretty unreliable in my experience though.

I was a little late in the discussion, so I could've told you about the exclusiveness of the moves. Oh well.
In regard to wether you grab Seismic Toss or Night Shade. I'm definitely in the NS camp. I believe you hit just a little more with NS than ST. But in the end, I doubt it really matters. Hell, the Mews that I gave NS also have ST lol. You can definitely pick Counter over those, but they're all meh anyway. Defog and Softboiled are the most important by far. Sucker Punch for Adamant/Jolly and Vacuum Wave for Modest/Timid imo.

Hypnosis is very unreliable, but if you must teach it per se, then do so for Modest or Timid. As for Fake Out, go for Adamant or Jolly. NS, ST or Counter would be better for the defensive natures.

I was a little late in the discussion, so I could've told you about the exclusiveness of the moves. Oh well.
In regard to wether you grab Seismic Toss or Night Shade. I'm definitely in the NS camp. I believe you hit just a little more with NS than ST. But in the end, I doubt it really matters. Hell, the Mews that I gave NS also have ST lol. You can definitely pick Counter over those, but they're all meh anyway. Defog and Softboiled are the most important by far. Sucker Punch for Adamant/Jolly and Vacuum Wave for Modest/Timid imo.

Hypnosis is very unreliable, but if you must teach it per se, then do so for Modest or Timid. As for Fake Out, go for Adamant or Jolly. NS, ST or Counter would be better for the defensive natures.
Thanks.
Has any research ever been done in XD's Mew tutor? All Google comes up with are asinine threads and one abandoned but semi-decent Smogon thread.

Thanks.
Has any research ever been done in XD's Mew tutor? All Google comes up with are asinine threads and one abandoned but semi-decent Smogon thread.
If it matters, I have done quite a bit of research. The tutor is random, but some answers seem to like to focus on specific sets of moves. I can't really explain it well, but look at this file in which I wrote down almost all the combinations I've seen. I'm sure you'll figure out what to choose.

The list apparently is not perfectly updated, but it should work.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi! I'm trying complete a collection of competitive female 5IV (except ATK, Outstanding Potential) Timid Vivillons in cool balls and these are the patterns I'm missing:
Continental (ultra ball) - Miria helped me with this one.
Tundra (great ball)
Elegant (luxury ball) - got this one
Sun (repeat ball)
Sandstorm (nest ball)
Monsoon (great ball)
River (dive ball) - MikeAU helped me with this one.
Archipelago (timer ball)
Ocean (great ball)

I have acess to Soul Silver and an extensive collection of Apricorn pokés and I'll gladly breed any 3 pokés found there (5IV in the matching ball of your choice) for each Vivillon. I can also breed some Dream ball HA pokés. Give me a shout if you can help. :)
Bump.

I still have a complete set of PAL Aldora Birds codes. Looking for PAL Shiny Xerneas code, a 5IV Shiny Diancie, or maybe some tsv hatched shinies.

Hey does anyone have Pain Split Koffing, been searching for one lately for a team I'm using on the Battle Spot.
I do, but it's ball + other EM's are awful, though it has a the correct spread, nature, and IVs. (I've been meaning to breed more, but you know, life XD) If you want it, PM me with your FC and when you're available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)