Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for a ha karrablast/escavalier i want my pokemon to have my trainer id so theres no need to worry about ivs and nature

I dont have much to offer but i have a descent variety of battle ready pokemon to breed so we can try working with it. For the pokemon i can imediatly trade i have some 5iv mienfoo, froakie, sneasel, gastly and mawile thanks for the attention.

So I've just started making my competitive team. And I was sent here to ask my questions. I found a team online and I was just curious as to which abilities I need for these pokémon. I just found out about hidden abilities and it sucks because I just bred my first 6iv charizard fully ev trained and everything. But the ability is blaze. And I found out I actually should get solar power. So my main question is how do I go about getting these abilities? And what abilities do I want? I'll quote the team below this text.

SpD:Special Defense Spd: Speed

-Charizard
Role: Special Sweeper
Nature: Timid
Item: Charizardite Y
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spd, 4 Def
Moves: Fire Blast, Solar Beam, Focus Blast, Dragon Pulse

-Ferrothorn
Role: Wall/Annoyer
Nature: Relaxed
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 252 Hp, 88 Def, 168 SpD
Moves: Protect, Leech Seed, Gyro Ball, Thunder Wave

-Garchomp
Role: Offensive Lead
Nature: Jolly
Item: Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 SpD
Moves: Stealth Rock, Earthquake, Outrage, Swords Dance
------------------------------------------
-Starmie
Role: Offensive Spinner
Item: Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spd, 4 Hp
Moves: Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Rapid Spin

-Gengar
Role: Special Wallbreaker/Spinblocker
Item: Black Sludge
EVs: 252 Spd, 248 SpA, 8 Hp
Moves: Hex, Will-o-whisp, Sludge Wave, Taunt

-Tyranitar
Role: Physical Sweeper
Nature: Jolly
Item: Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 SpD
Moves: Stone Edge, Earthquake, Crunch, Pursuit

Pokemon above the dotted line are for 3v3 Single battles, the rest for 6v6 singles.

Other advice is greatly appreciated

Credit to Smogon for the individual sets/set ideas

So I've just started making my competitive team. And I was sent here to ask my questions. I found a team online and I was just curious as to which abilities I need for these pokémon. I just found out about hidden abilities and it sucks because I just bred my first 6iv charizard fully ev trained and everything. But the ability is blaze. And I found out I actually should get solar power. So my main question is how do I go about getting these abilities? And what abilities do I want? I'll quote the team below this text.
The charizard ability changes to Drought when it mega evolves so dont worry about it. The only other hidden ability you need to worry about is Garchomp's because according to smogom rules evasion related skills are not allowed so try getting it with it's hidden ability or just remember to tell your oponent about it's ability i guess.

I have an extra 5iv jolly gible on my box with hidden ability if you have no way to get one by yourself

The charizard ability changes to Drought when it mega evolves so dont worry about it. The only other hidden ability you need to worry about is Garchomp's because according to smogom rules evasion related skills are not allowed so try getting it with it's hidden ability or just remember to tell your oponent about it's ability i guess.

I have an extra 5iv jolly gible on my box with hidden ability if you have no way to get one by yourself
Thank you for the reply. I'm confused what you mean about smogom rules? And the whole evasion thing? This Is my first time on this thread and to the whole competitive thing.

Since you intend to use Mega Charizard Y, Blaze is fine since you're just going to Mega Evolve it as soon as you can. (and acquire Drought)

As for getting hidden abilities, you must catch a Pokemon in that evolution family that has its hidden ability and breed from there. So for Garchomp, you'd need to catch a Gible or Gabite with Rough Skin instead of Sand Veil. Females have a 60% chance to pass their hidden ability down to their offspring, and males have a chance if breeding with Ditto.

So I got a good TMM spread: F/0/F/M/M/M, and I tried breeding stuff with it.
When I breed a Clefairy, I got a male Cleffa. However, when I breed a Litleo I got a female Litleo.
They both share the same gender ratio (75F/25M), so how could they change genders?

I also have a 4iv Garchomp with jolly and rough skin. So I'm okay ( I have a 6iv ditto lol) But thanks! :)

If I teach my Jirachi Fire Punch (tutor move only for Rachi) and I replace it with another move. Will I be able to teach it Fire Punch again with a heart scale or do I need to tutor it again in ORAS battle resort?

When I breed a Clefairy, I got a male Cleffa. However, when I breed a Litleo I got a female Litleo.
They both share the same gender ratio (75F/25M), so how could they change genders?
It may be the parents then, are they holding the items they should? Same language? etc?

@pokelvb: Do you still need the HA Karrablast?

Last edited:
I know I'm a bit daft for suggesting this as it hasn't been proven 100%, but I am 99.9% sure Litleo/Pyroar is the very first 87.5% F / 12.5% M ratio.

Also, general toss: if anyone has a HA (Prankster) Liepard/Purrlion with Fake Tears spitback I would love one. Can definetly find something decent lurking my boxes.

Last edited:
I know I'm a bit daft for suggesting this as it hasn't been proven 100%, but I am 99.9% sure Litleo/Pyroar is the very first 87.5% F / 12.5% M ratio.

Also, general toss: if anyone has a HA (Prankster) Liepard/Purrlion with Fake Tears spitback I would love one. Can definetly find something decent lurking my boxes.
Nope it's 25-75
Check bulbapedia

Nope it's 25-75
Check bulbapedia
I believe THIS will be sufficient proof
Yes I'm aware of Serebii and Bulbapedia. They've been wrong on things before you know, hence the disclaimer :P
Would it be impossible or absurd that they added in that ratio? We've had 87.5% M for years on end, with no female mirror. They've had gender oddities before, like gender-bender Azurill/Marill. And this is a Gen 6 mon, that obviously wasn't around in the good old days of RNG and ripping game code apart.
And if you've bred Litleo before you probably are not getting 1 male per batch of 5 hatches. I typically got about 1 in 10 on average; much like Female Eevee.
If I'm wrong and someone's got code / some other fair evidence, well, I've been wrong before lol.

It would explain his time machine discrepancy though. Try it again with a 25% F mon like Timburr and see what happens?

Anyway, still looking for HA, Fake Tears Liepard/Purrlion, preferably Female, spitbacks. I don't really care about IVs, nature, ball, etc. since I'll be rebreeding it.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yes I'm aware of Serebii and Bulbapedia. They've been wrong on things before you know, hence the disclaimer :P
Would it be impossible or absurd that they added in that ratio? We've had 87.5% M for years on end, with no female mirror. They've had gender oddities before, like gender-bender Azurill/Marill. And this is a Gen 6 mon, that obviously wasn't around in the good old days of RNG and ripping game code apart.
And if you've bred Litleo before you probably are not getting 1 male per batch of 5 hatches. I typically got about 1 in 10 on average; much like Female Eevee.
If I'm wrong and someone's got code / some other fair evidence, well, I've been wrong before lol.

It would explain his time machine discrepancy though. Try it again with a 25% F mon like Timburr and see what happens?

Anyway, still looking for HA, Fake Tears Liepard/Purrlion, preferably Female, spitbacks. I don't really care about IVs, nature, ball, etc. since I'll be rebreeding it.
Veekun agrees.
And PM/VM me about the Purrloin, I can breed you one later today/this weekend. Don't need anything in return.

Last edited:
In my quest to hatch a 31/0/31/31/31/31 (aka, perfect in my opinion) Timid Contrary Snivy, I hatched two 31/0/31/31/31/31 Overgrow Snivys (Snivies?). Unfortunately, Overgrow Snivy is nowhere near as good.

Is there a decent moveset out there for an Overgrow Snivy? I looked on the Serperior page, and all of them have Contrary (for obvious reasons).

Calm Mind
Giga Drain
Dragon Pulse
not sure (Substitute?)

And maybe for my other one...

Reflect
Light Screen
Giga Drain
not sure

I don't play competitively, which is why I'm so bad at this. I'm just breeding for the hell of it right now.

You could use 1 as a parent if you do not have two 31/00/31/31/31/31 parents. That way you increase the odds of getting said spread.
If I breed a 31/0/31/31/31/31 male with Overgrow and a 31/XX/31/31/31/31 female with Contrary, there's still a 60% chance the egg will have Contrary, right?

If I breed a 31/0/31/31/31/31 male with Overgrow and a 31/XX/31/31/31/31 female with Contrary, there's still a 60% chance the egg will have Contrary, right?
It should be, it might slow down how fast you generate eggs depending on who's the OT on the female though (a very long time passed since I breeded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)