Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 48 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Approved by TheMantyke

I SRed a timid HP Ice shiny Tapu Koko and hyper trained it but because it's deemed a special Pokemon, it cannot be traded on GTS. Other than adding everyone's FCs and doing link trades, is there another way I can do a giveaway of this?
Anyone has the shiny Tapu Koko Japan event they are willing to trade? I can do breedables for it.
I can clone you one. What breedables do you have (if you have any of the Eevee/lutions event I'm looking for that be great)?
I'm genuinely sorry to interrupt the fun here, but I'm afraid to inform you that you're not allowed to trade the Japanese shiny Tapu Koko here on Smogon.
I got Kaushik's SR'd shiny HP Ice Tapu Koko during the Giveaways on Pokémon Showdown! and I was planning on giving it away myself as well.
However, before doing so, I had the foresight to ask moderator TheMantyke for his permission first and it got denied for the following reason:

In order to be able to redeem the Wondercard for the Japanese shiny Tapu Koko on your non-japanese console, you'd need to do something called "Region Spoofing".
This means that you trick your non-japanese console into thinking it's Japanese.
All of the Tapu Kokos that were given away on Pokémon Showdown! were obtained with that method.

The Tapu Koko itself is technically 'legal', but the means of obtaining it are not allowed on Smogon.
Despite the undeniable fact that Smogon and Pokémon Showdown! are closely linked, they are two different entities nonetheless.
This means that both entities share a vast majority of common rules, but in cases like this they can also tend to have different stances.

Disclaimer: This post is merely meant to be a fair warning in order to raise awareness and to prevent potential misunderstandings.
This post is in no way meant to call anybody out for being a hacker or a cheater for that matter. I just don't want anybody to accidentally get into trouble.

So, unless you have solid proof in the form of a video or screenshots, validating the legitimacy of your Tapu Koko or Marshadow and that you have redeemed the Wondercard on your Japanese console, I'd highly advise against trading it here.
If you want to trade them, feel free to arrange a trade on Pokémon Showdown.

Edit: The same also goes for the Hat Pikachu and the Marshadow that were distributed on PS.

Last edited:
Approved by TheMantyke

I'm genuinely sorry to interrupt the fun here, but I'm afraid to inform you that you're not allowed to trade the Japanese shiny Tapu Koko here on Smogon.
I got Kaushik's SR'd shiny HP Ice Tapu Koko during the Giveaways on Pokémon Showdown! and I was planning on giving it away myself as well.
However, before doing so I asked moderator TheMantyke for his permission and my demand got rejected for the following reason:

In order to be able to redeem the Wondercard for the Japanese shiny Tapu Koko on your non-japanese console, you'd need to do something called "Region Spoofing".
This means that you manipulate your non-japanese console to to trick into thinking it's Japanese.

The Tapu Koko itself is technically 'legal', but the means of obtaining it are not allowed on Smogon.
Despite the fact that Smogon and Pokémon Showdown! are closely linked, they are two different entities nonetheless.
This means that both entities share a vast majority of common rules, but in cases like this they can also tend to have different stances.

Disclaimer: This post is merely meant to be a fair warning in order to prevent potential misunderstandings and is in no way meant to call anybody involved a hacker or a cheater for that matter. I just don't want anybody to get into trouble.

Unless you have solid proof in the form of video or screenshots validating the legitimacy of your Tapu Koko, I'd highly advise against trading it here.
When I got the Tapu Koko via trade, I was given video proof of it. The proof can be found in my event collection list here: https://goo.gl/tk7seY

I have been aware of the massive Tapu Koko event situation, but rest assured, mine is legit.

However, if I can't trade it on Smogon for whatever reason, then I'll abid by it. Sorry about that.

Would a bulky Garchomp build be viable for the Battle Spot? An example of the set would be:

Garchomp @ Dragonium Z (Place Holder)
Ability: Rough Skin
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Atk / 168 SpA
Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Approved by TheMantyke

However, before doing so, I had the foresight to ask moderator TheMantyke for his permission and my demand got rejected for the following reason:

This means that you trick your non-japanese console into thinking it's Japanese.

Despite the undeniable fact that Smogon and Pokémon Showdown! are closely linked, they are two different entities nonetheless.

Disclaimer: This post is merely meant to be a fair warning in order to raise awareness and to prevent potential misunderstandings.
This post is in no way meant to call anybody out for being a hacker or a cheater for that matter. I just don't want anybody to accidentally get into trouble.

So,unless you have solid proof in the form of video or screenshots validating the legitimacy of your Tapu Koko and that you have redeemed the Wondercard on your Japanese console, I'd highly advise against trading it here.
This is a really useful heads up. I had this problem a while back with a Shiny near flawless Arceus. Since then I've made a point of making sure language matches region and wondercard is legitimate. Like SSJSonikku, I've added proof wherever possible. In my case, wondercard redemption and Japanese info screen with RNG seeds.

Would a bulky Garchomp build be viable for the Battle Spot? An example of the set would be:

Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
If you don't care about speed, you could always use Garchompite. Mega Garchomp is bulky and has a pretty good SpAtk stat.

Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
Why not replace fire blast with fire fang and run an impish nature with the 168 investment in defense

Why not replace fire blast with fire fang and run an impish nature with the 168 investment in defense
i run this purely because fire fang lacks the OHKO potential that fire blast has with the investment.
If you don't care about speed, you could always use Garchompite. Mega Garchomp is bulky and has a pretty good SpAtk stat.
I never have taken Megachomp into consideration, i might end up going with that.

Can anybody give me some advice on what to do with this Volcarona I have?

Volcarona
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane

I bred it on X and was planning on using it for a rain team, but come gen 7 I really got interested in the Firium Z set and wanted to use that instead. The problem is that this Volcarona has the wrong IVs for HP ground (has dragon), and since I already tranferred it over to Moon I can't send it back to learn Giga Drain. So I started tossing around ideas on what to do.

Initially I thought that rain Volcarona still might be viable with flyinium Z, but i'm still uncertain if this is the right choice. I also considered giving it roost with life orb for a bulkier set, but I read up that Bold nature is preferred for this set. Lastly I considered Psychic since it hits Toxapex and Nilhilego, but this seemed really niche.

Sorry for the long post and thank you in advance.

Can anybody give me some advice on what to do with this Volcarona I have?

Volcarona
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane

I bred it on X and was planning on using it for a rain team, but come gen 7 I really got interested in the Firium Z set and wanted to use that instead. The problem is that this Volcarona has the wrong IVs for HP ground (has dragon), and since I already tranferred it over to Moon I can't send it back to learn Giga Drain. So I started tossing around ideas on what to do.

Initially I thought that rain Volcarona still might be viable with flyinium Z, but i'm still uncertain if this is the right choice. I also considered giving it roost with life orb for a bulkier set, but I read up that Bold nature is preferred for this set. Lastly I considered Psychic since it hits Toxapex and Nilhilego, but this seemed really niche.

Sorry for the long post and thank you in advance.
Well, since you were going for Grass coverage, you could run Grassium Z and Solar Beam, or Psychium Z with Psychic if you're so worried about those Poison-Types.

Well, since you were going for Grass coverage, you could run Grassium Z and Solar Beam, or Psychium Z with Psychic if you're so worried about those Poison-Types.
I hadn't considered Grassium Z Solar Beam, that actually sounds pretty good. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
In anticipation of getting Steelixite soon, I'd like assistance to evolve a shiny Onix that I've been raising in my Sun Version.

Thanks in advance!

Approved by TheMantyke

However, before doing so, I had the foresight to ask moderator TheMantyke for his permission and my demand got rejected for the following reason:

So,unless you have solid proof in the form of video or screenshots validating the legitimacy of your Tapu Koko and that you have redeemed the Wondercard on your Japanese console, I'd highly advise against trading it here.
I obtained a code from the Pokemon Center and got one from my local 7-11, idk how I can really prove that I live in Japan and have a Japanese console, but I understand the concern. Also I have no idea what region spoofing is anyway lol, but since it cannot be traded on the GTS, I have no real desire to give it away. I might do a trade thread for it though, if someone can provide me with a list of ways I can prove I obtained the shiny Tapu Koko legally.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I obtained and SRed the shiny Tapu Koko on my Japanese 3DS, which I then traded to my North American 3DS to EV train and hyper train.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
In anticipation of getting Steelixite soon, I'd like assistance to evolve a shiny Onix that I've been raising in my Sun Version.

Thanks in advance!
I can help you with that.
I still got you added from last time.

I'll be waiting online at the Festival Plaza.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
would anybody be willing to check my tsv?, i've been meaning to collect my breeding information but i haven't had time for it.
Try using this thread for TSV related stuff. It's even got a nice set of forms that are easy to use. People who check Shiny Values are a lot more likely to check each and all message in that thread for people who need help with that than they are to see your message in here.

I can clone you one. What breedables do you have (if you have any of the Eevee/lutions event I'm looking for that be great)?
Unfortunately I don't have the Eevee event :( Are there any particular breedables you're looking for? I can almost get anything in-game and have access to Pokebank.

Hey, does anyone have the following RNG'd Pokemon or knows someone that does?:

Dream Ball Telepathy Palkia
Dream Ball Telepathy Giratina
Dream Ball Telepathy Dialga
Timid Dream World Arceus

I can offer multiple 6th Gen Event/LegendaryPokemon in return. PM/VM me if you're able to help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)