Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 49 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

this is a slightly dumb question but does someone care explaining to me, why I keep failing at passing egg moves to my pokémon in Moon? It has happened now 2 times in a row and I'm failing to understand why.

I tried to get Nasty Plot to Misdreavus from Spiritomb. Nasty Plot was 1st move. Male Spiritomb had 4 moves and female Misdreavus had 3. Baby had 4 moves and 3 of them it learned from Spiritomb (Omnious Wind, Shadow Sneak, Destiny Bond) and 1 from Misdreavus (Spite).

Other one was easier. I wanted pass down Sticky Web to Cutiefly. I had male Surskit with Sticky Web, Quick Attack, Water Sport and Sweet Scent in this order. Female Cutiefly had Absorb. Offspring only had Absorb. >.<

My only wild guess is that Moon doesn't have these 2 moves listed as possible egg moves. :(

edit: Yes it has to be sth like it because I was able to pass down Moonblast from Clefable.

Last edited:

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey,

this is a slightly dumb question but does someone care explaining to me, why I keep failing at passing egg moves to my pokémon in Moon? It has happened now 2 times in a row and I'm failing to understand why.

I tried to get Nasty Plot to Misdreavus from Spiritomb. Nasty Plot was 1st move. Male Spiritomb had 4 moves and female Misdreavus had 3. Baby had 4 moves and 3 of them it learned from Spiritomb (Omnious Wind, Shadow Sneak, Destiny Bond) and 1 from Misdreavus (Spite).

Other one was easier. I wanted pass down Sticky Web to Cutiefly. I had male Surskit with Sticky Web, Quick Attack, Water Sport and Sweet Scent in this order. Female Cutiefly had Absorb. Offspring only had Absorb. >.<

My only wild guess is that Moon doesn't have these 2 moves listed as possible egg moves. :(
Stick Web is an USUM-exclusive egg move for Cutiefly. Nasty Plot, however, is a possible egg move for Misdreavus in the regular SM games.
Get rid of some superfluous egg moves that you don't need and try again. "Sometimes less is more", as they say. Let me know if it worked.

Is there a particular pattern (or patterns) for Vivillon that is in high demand/rarer to find? I'm on an emulator so I'm changing the region accordingly then transferring it to USUM to breed/RNG in USUM (I'm assuming it'll work).

Edit: Realized I made a mistake about pattern generation in USUM.

Edit 2: Leaning towards Heavy Ball Monsoon Vivillon.

Last edited:
Is there a particular pattern (or patterns) for Vivillon that is in high demand/rarer to find? I'm on an emulator so I'm changing the region accordingly then transferring it to USUM to breed/RNG in USUM (I'm assuming it'll work).

Edit: Realized I made a mistake about pattern generation in USUM.

Edit 2: Leaning towards Heavy Ball Monsoon Vivillon.
Sandstorm pattern with Level ball could be a good pick.

That sounds good, but I keep running into the same problem.

I'm playing on Citra, my emulation settings for 3DS region and country are both on US. However everytime I breed a Scatterbug egg the form is Jungle, which isn't available in the US from what I can tell.

When using pkhex my sub region for my save file is "-" but the country and 3DS region are both US.

Anyone know why it keeps breeding jungle patterns?

Yeah I tried making a new save with JPN as the 3DS region and country, open the new save file on pkhex and it's telling me the country is Albania and the 3DS region is Japan lol. I guess it's just a bit wonky on emulator.

I suppose RNGing Vivillon on emulator is out of the question for now.

Edit: Does anyone know how to get ahold of Kaphotics?

Last edited:
hey guys i am looking for a HA Torchic because i want to challenge the battle tree with it. Looks like its pretty rare ^^ who wants to trade, i am willing to offer a lot!!!

That sounds good, but I keep running into the same problem.

I'm playing on Citra, my emulation settings for 3DS region and country are both on US. However everytime I breed a Scatterbug egg the form is Jungle, which isn't available in the US from what I can tell.

When using pkhex my sub region for my save file is "-" but the country and 3DS region are both US.

Anyone know why it keeps breeding jungle patterns?

So I found the answer to this, but I just wanted confirmation on something:

On Pkhex you can edit your country/3DS region/sub region for the save file, but the problem is Vivillon's form isn't determined by that for emulators/ROMs (to my knowledge). On Pkhex you can change the form of Vivillon your save file will produce upon evolving, not touching the actual pokemon itself.

So this begs the question: If Vivillon is RNG'd legitimately (stats and shininess) but you're editing the save file to force/spit the pattern that you want, does that make it go from legitimate to legal/hacked?

Looking for a quiet Shellos with Mirror Coat, Fissure, and Clear Smog for my VGC 19 Regional team. Can offer a lot with rare Pokeballs and Egg moves including Legendaries.

hey looking for HA Seperior with HP Fire. I have legendairies, masterball, and some ultra beasts to offer, some BR Pokemon as well.
Thanks in Advance you guys are unbelievably nice!

Xucrute

mt tchola
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Looking for a quiet Shellos with Mirror Coat, Fissure, and Clear Smog for my VGC 19 Regional team. Can offer a lot with rare Pokeballs and Egg moves including Legendaries.
If you're able to wait a few hours I can get you the Shellos, but I need to do some breeding in order to get all egg moves in one parent.

hey looking for HA Seperior with HP Fire. I have legendairies, masterball, and some ultra beasts to offer, some BR Pokemon as well.
Thanks in Advance you guys are unbelievably nice!
I got you, lmk when you're able to trade.

Last edited:
If you're able to wait a few hours I can get you the Shellos, but I need to do some breeding in order to get all egg moves in one parent.

Deposit some trash mon on the gts asking for a Female level 100 Togekiss, lmk what you've deposited ad I'll send it to you.

Thanks, but I already got someone.

Deposit some trash mon on the gts asking for a Female level 100 Togekiss, lmk what you've deposited ad I'll send it to you.

Hi oppardesu , I have deposited shiny female chansey , level 55 , ultraball ! ign :CJ

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)