Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 49 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have a quick question. Is will o wisp a far more useful move competitively compared to fake out on a new moveset?
There is no clear answer to your question.

Both of these moves are useful in their own right and the choice actually depends on the Pokémon in question, as well as the role that this Pokémon is supposed to fulfil on your specific team.

The only Pokémon that can run both of these moves at the same time are Mew, Smeargle, Sableye, the Chimchar line, the Litten line and the Salandit line.

When it comes to the aforementioned Pokémon, Mew and Sableye are the only Pokémon that make use of Will-O-Wisp.
While some Sableye, specifically Mega-Sableye, movesets run both of these moves, Mew only runs Fake Out in the Doubles OU format.

The Chimchar line and the Litten line make use of Fake Out for example, the former as a way to function as an anti-lead Pokémon that can break a Focus Sash or an opposing Pokémon's Sturdy ability and the latter in the VGC Doubles formats to flinch a Pokémon to prevent it from doing something. These Pokémon do not run Will-O-Wisp because they mainly focus on dishing out damage and pivoting around with U-turn.

The Salandit line, despite having access to both of these moves, never uses any of them. Salazzle's role is to boost its Special Attack stat and to dish out heavy damage quickly before an opposing Pokémon can knock it out easily because of its frail nature. In this case, having these moves would not benefit the role that Salazzle fulfils.

Last but not least, while Smeargle can sketch both of these moves, they are not really all that helpful and Smeargle prefers running Spore and entry hazards like Sticky Web, Stealth Rock etc.

Ultimately, it all depends on what your teams needs.

If you feel unsure, feel free to look up movesets of the respective Pokémon in Smogon's Strategy Dex.
There you can find peer reviewed analyses that will tell you exactly what each move is supposed to do and how to use the Pokémon to the maximum of its capacities.

Last edited:
Anyone has a Modest or Timid Diancie in gen6 (31/x/31/31/31/31 spread)?
It's one of the few mons i'm missing in my competitive dex.

I can trade TSV shinies for it.
Bump.
Also looking for in gen 6:
- a Modest/Timid Groudon (RNG)
- a Dream ball HA female Goldeen
- a Dive ball HA female Foongus
- Poke ball Event Vivillon (RNG)
- Timid or Modest Volcanion (RNG)
- Shiny Lunala and Solgaleo (RNG) - It seems these are not available where i live. I can trade shinies or do breeding projects for them.

Edit: Also looking for (in gen 6) for RNGs of Lake Trio, Regi Trio, Musketeer Trio and a Timid or Modest HA Landorus-I.

Last edited:
Does anyone need some perfect Heracrosses? They are level one with max Ivs in everything but special attack. They have an adamant nature (for choice scarf) and have no evs. They are all legit and not cloned.

Xucrute

mt tchola
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey there, got you PM me to arrange a time to pick him up.

Altight fren I have a Timid Diancie in gen 6 but it has HP Fire Spread, I can also get you the Volcanion, keep in mind that both of them are injected WC, if that's not a problem send me a PM to arrange a time to trade :blobwizard:

If my english is not failing me and i got what you said means, you can PM me so we get it done

Last edited:
Hi there.
I'm trying to complete my somewhat competitive legendaries. I'm looking for a Timid Keldeo (preferably HP Electric) and a Naive Meloetta.
Clones or injected WCs are equally as appreciated, thanks in advance :)

Edit: Taken care of.

Last edited:
Hello to all looking one with pal console and ultra sun version ENG game to redeem me a shiny lunala code (i have the code) if you can to help me in this let me know, thanks :)

Many thanks Christian for this ^_^

Last edited:
Does anyone have a timmid Hp Fighting Latias?
I am Looking for one to use on my Ultra finals batoon pass Team.
I have a naive v-create Victini and manaphys(U can choose the nature)
My pokemon were obtained by triggering old Events with an Action replay

Guard

حرروا فلسطين
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
Bump.
Also looking for in gen 6:
- a Modest/Timid Groudon (RNG)
- a Dream ball HA female Goldeen
- Poke ball Event Vivillon (RNG)
- Timid or Modest Volcanion (RNG)
- Shiny Lunala and Solgaleo (RNG)
Hi hi, if you still need help, I will gladly help you out with the Solgaleo if I can find someone to clone it, which obviously brings me to:

Clones needed:
Solgaleo 1x

You'll get it for free obviously since you haven't hesitated to help me in the past

Last edited:

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi hi, if you still need help, I will gladly help you out with the Solgaleo and Modest/Timid Groudon (courtesy of good friend Christian) if I can find someone to clone them, which obviously brings me to:

Clones needed:
Solgaleo 1x
Modest Groudon 1x
Timid Groudon 1x

You'll get them for free obviously since you haven't hesitated to help me in the past
I can take care of this for you now if you're around.
Feel free to leave me a message on my profile and we can set up a trade.

Hello everyone. Is anyone able to trade me either a VC unnerve shiny mewtwo (I would prefer hasty nature, but timid nature is fine too) and a shiny necrozma from the recent event for Japanese Pokémon secret club members. Also if possible can the mewtwo be nicknamed Supurreme? For he is supreme. I thought Supurreme was the best punny nickname I could come up with.

Guard

حرروا فلسطين
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
Greetings dear community!

I will need help with cloning the following:
Solgaleo 5x
Tapu Fini 1×
Arceus 5x
Deoxys 1×
Victini 1x
Magnezone 1×

A huge thank you in advance!

Can anyone share me a copy of Smogon's giveaway of Magnezone? No luck to receive one...
I can take care of this once I get a clone o/

Due to an unfortunate game error, I've lost all my Event Pokemon that I've gathered since Gen 5. I'm trying to re-gather them all, clones or not, to the best of my ability and I want to ask for help in gathering what I've lost again.

Currently, I am having the most trouble getting my ENG Timid Keldeo back. Is there anyone that can help me with this? I don't mean to sound like a "Miser Boots", but I don't want to feel like all the work I did prior to losing everything was for a waste.

Hi all
Does anyone have any team suggestions? Me and a couple of friends are playing singles with no legendaries/mythicals and all must be obtained in the game. Really it’s just us playing with some teams we’ve cobbled together and I wanted to up the ante a little by piloting something more coordinated. Ideally I’d like to use some of my favourites - dewgong venusaur sigilyph and/or luxray - but not essential. Something fun though...

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a cloner to help me clone the following 2 mons:
Zapdos x1
Volcanion x1

Many thanks!

EDIT: Request resolved:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)