Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 50 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Rebumping again yet again... If it isn't crossed out, I still need help.
Looking for someone to help transfer 18 Pokemon from Gen 5 to Gen 6 or 7 (I trade them from my Black to your Gen 5 game, you transfer them to Gen 6 or 7, then you trade them to my Omega Ruby/Ultra Moon.) I can offer to have any of the transferred Pokemon cloned or anything in the hide tag below if you want some Pokemon as payment.

I know Nintendo shut down Wii and DS Wifi, but for those who didn't know, fans have revived it so trading is possible. Here's a video on how if you want one, but it's just changing your DSi/3DS Wifi setting from Auto-Obtain DNS to setting DNS to 164.132.044.106
(I need them in Gen 7, but I'd be more than happy settling for Gen 6 because finding help transferring from 6 to 7 has to be much easier. Also, I should have asked this 2 months ago, but is there anywhere else I could try to find help that's as trustworthy as Smogon?)

Thanks a ton to BlizzardHero! :D

Now I need someone to clone some of my Pokemon. I offered MrHands and avdc90 a Softboiled Celfairy and I promised my sister every Shiny Pokemon I found her copy of Soul Silver I borrowed. (I'd never give up a Shiny Pokemon I caught, but cloning is a loophole. :P)

Now I need someone to help transfer 10 Pokemon from Gen 7 to Gen 8.

Looking for someone that wants to clone and share a Softboiled Clefairy. (Gen 3 Only Move) It's unnamed, in a Luxury Ball, has 0 Atk IV and Neutral Nature. (Neutral Nature is good in Gen 8 because of not being confused by any berries, even after Nature Mints. It's not RNGed, so the other IVs suck, but that's what Bottlecaps are for.)

Asking for the following Pokemon in these Balls in Gen 7.

:Dusk Ball: :Spiritomb: Spiritomb
:Lure Ball: :Rotom: Rotom
:Fast Ball: :Staryu: Staryu
:Repeat Ball: :Heatmor: Heatmor (This will probably lead to my pain and suffering.)
Anything Defensive for Restricted Sparing that I may haven't thought of.

I can offer these Pokemon. I only have a 31/0/31/31/31/31 Dittos in Ultra Moon, but I'll make sure the Pokemon I give you have at least 4 31s. (or 3 31s and 0 Speed) I can also offer Gold Bottlecaps if you want them. (I know Eisen is giving away 6 IV Dittos but I don't want one. That giveaway is how I got the Ditto I'm using.)
:Beast Ball: :Beldum: Beldum - Jolly
:Great Ball: :Bagon: Bagon - Adamant Moxie
:Dusk Ball: :Skrelp: Skrelp - Modest Adaptability
:Poke Ball: :Snivy: Snivy - Modest Contrary
:Lure Ball: :Corphish: Corphish - Brave Adaptability 0 Speed
:Luxury Ball: :Mimikyu: Mimikyu - Brave 0 Speed
:Heal Ball: :Slowpoke: Slowpoke - Calm Regenerator
:Dusk Ball: :Charmander: Charmander - Adamant
:Dusk Ball: :Oranguru: Oranguru - Relaxed 0 Speed or Calm
:Dream Ball: :Swablu: Swablu - Careful or Calm
:Heal Ball: :Chansey: Chansey - Bold or Calm
:Poke Ball: :Porygon: Porygon - Bold, Calm, or Modest
:Safari Ball: :Pinsir: Pinsir - Jolly
:Dusk Ball: :Houndour: Houndour - Timid
:Beast Ball: :Mareanie: Mareanie - Calm Regenerator
:Dusk Ball: :Pyukumuku: Pyukumuku - Calm Unaware 0 Attack
:Level Ball: :Sandygast: Sandygast - Bold/Calm
:Fast Ball: :Magnemite: Magnemite - Calm (Sorry for a "bad" nature)

Last edited:
Rebumping again yet again... If it isn't crossed out, I still need help.

(I need them in Gen 7, but I'd be more than happy settling for Gen 6 because finding help transferring from 6 to 7 has to be much easier. Also, I should have asked this 2 months ago, but is there anywhere else I could try to find help that's as trustworthy as Smogon?)

One of the Pokemon I'm looking for help transferring is an unnamed Luxury Ball 0 Atk Neutral Nature Softboiled Clefairy. (Gen 3 Only Move) I'm offering to give a clone of it when it gets cloned (or multiple clones if you want more than one) to whoever helps me and whoever clones it can make clones to trade/share with other people. (I will change its Ability to Magic Guard after transferring, the other IVs are crap because she wasn't RNGed but they can be fixed by Bottlecaps, and the Nature can be fixed by a Mint after transferring from Gen 7 to 8. Neutral Nature Pokemon may be better than ones with the "Right Nature" because they don't get confused by any Berries, even after Mints.)
If you still need help with this, I might be able to help sometime this weekend. I managed to get Classic working when I did the World Ability Ribbon (not fun, so many hacked mons), but that was for Gen 4. Haven't traded on Gen 5 in...forever, so I'd probably potato brain.

My schedule is also kinda all over the place atm, so I won't know when and what day is going to work for me. I'll message you closer to the weekend to let you know, if you still need the help. Just keep your weekend open I guess.

Gen 8
Looking for a few mons to start breeding myself.

5 IV Dittos - Timid, Bold, Calm, Careful, Impish - got the ones from Anubis but other natures would be handy
Regenerator Slowpoke
Gen 7 Scyther/Scizor with Roost and Knock off - in Gen 8
Jolly Kubfu - didn't know it was legendary so just took any old one.
Kanto Zapdos - Modest, Timid or Bold
Telepathy Ralts

PM if you can help

Last edited:
I could help with some of these IN Gen7 tho. You'd have to transfer them yourself to Gen8.

Can, at least, do Slowpoke and Scyther. Maybe Ralts but if you can Mint a Zapdos in Gen8, I could send you one

CTNC

I'm making a somewhat reasonable request this time. I'm looking for someone to clone some Pokemon in Gen 7. After how long transferring from Gen 5 took, I'd be happy if this request took less than a month. :P One of them is the Softboiled Clefairy I've been copy/pasting about. You can make clones to other people and I'd love it it it fell into the hands of someone that'd give away clones. MrHands and avdc90 said they want a Softboiled Clefairy, so you should either get in contact with them too or trade me extras to give to them. (If anyone else want to ask for a Softboiled Clefairy too, now's a good time to ask.)

Also, Sceptilian70 asked for help with cloning too but he was the last post on the last page. Mentioning this in case he hasn't gotten help yet.

Thanks again to BlizzardHero!

Last edited:
I'm making a somewhat reasonable request this time. I'm looking for someone to clone some Pokemon in Gen 7. After how long transferring from Gen 5 took, I'd be happy if this request took less than a month. :P One of them is the Softboiled Clefairy I've been copy/pasting about. You can make clones to other people and I'd love it it it fell into the hands of someone that'd give away clones. MrHands and avdc90 said they want a Softboiled Clefairy, so you should either get in contact with them too or trade me extras to give to them. (If anyone else want to ask for a Softboiled Clefairy too, now's a good time to ask.)

Also, Sceptilian70 asked for help with cloning too but he was the last post on the last page. Mentioning this in case he hasn't gotten help yet.
I'll have time in ~40 mins if you haven't been helped, I need to clone my backups today anyhow. Send me a msg (or reply on yesterday's one) with how many you need cloned and how many of each so I can get things set up.

Sceptilian70 has already been helped, I msg'd him last week. He just never crossed out his request to make it clear.

Howdy, currently playing around with some EggRNG in Sun (Gen 7)and had a couple questions; if I need to post elsewhere please just direct me in that direction!

1. Pokemon from another region; I'm trying to use Masuda Method + Shiny Charm, but often the foreign mon's I get are far from good enough to use for my purposes. If I were to trade an egg, before it hatched, would it be considered that games region?

2. If anyone has a good foreign dragon type male, I'd happily trade a female Dratini with HA and multiple IV's and Extreme Speed move. I'm in North America for reference.

Thanks!

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Howdy, currently playing around with some EggRNG in Sun (Gen 7)and had a couple questions; if I need to post elsewhere please just direct me in that direction!

1. Pokemon from another region; I'm trying to use Masuda Method + Shiny Charm, but often the foreign mon's I get are far from good enough to use for my purposes. If I were to trade an egg, before it hatched, would it be considered that games region?

2. If anyone has a good foreign dragon type male, I'd happily trade a female Dratini with HA and multiple IV's and Extreme Speed move. I'm in North America for reference.

Thanks!
1. IIRC The egg retains the language of the breeder, not the hatcher. So that wouldn't work. This was changed in Gen 8.
2. You can have a copy of Most's ditto if you'd like. German + 6IV. I'm just going to restore my save, so send me whatever. PM/VM me if you're interested (note I'm about to head afk so won't respond immediately)!

If I were to rename an event Pokemon using PKHeX would it be allowed to post in a NFT section of a trade thread, or should Ii keep it to myself? I haven't done it yet, I just wanted to ask first.

CTNC

Looking for someone to help transfer 10 Pokemon From Gen 7 to Gen 8. (I'd trade my Pokemon from my Gen 7 game to yours then you'd trade them to me in Pokemon Home.) Trading in Gen 8 has to be on Home because I don't have a Switch Online subscription.

Is anyone interested in cloning and sharing a Softboiled Clefairy? I have one in Gen 7. It needs Bottlecaps because it wasn't RNGed, but it has a 0 in Atk and a Neutral Nature, which is good in Gen 8 because of Mints. (I don't need clones of it. BlizzardHero already helped with that. I just want it shared because it's so hard to find one.)

While I'm asking stuff here, I know this is probably the wrong place to ask for help with EVs, so where/who should I ask for help about EVs for Restricted Sparring? I'm guessing somewhere on Discord.

Is there any way to recapture the legendaries in the Max Lair? I didn't know you only got one chance so a few of the ones I've caught have crappy natures.

CTNC

I got ninja'd because I take forever with even short posts, but I'm posting anyway because of my side note.
Is there any way to recapture the legendaries in the Max Lair? I didn't know you only got one chance so a few of the ones I've caught have crappy natures.
If you chose the Legend as your Pokemon to take, no. If you don't take them then you can try again for a better nature, better IVs, or a Shiny.

A side note, if you want a good one in a rare ball you can throw whatever ball and check its summary. If it's not good, pick something else. If it is, close the game. Your next adventure will be the same one and the Pokemon you catch will have the same Nature and IVs. I don't know if Shinyness is predetermined because I'm not risking throwing away a Shiny, but it probably is.

Hyia, sorry to bother everyone again-I don't think I'm allowed say this anymore lol. Regardless, I'm looking for some Gen 7 Move Tutor help. I have 6 BR-ish Pokemon that need USUM Move Tutor moves + 1 Trade Evo (amongst the 6 that need MT moves, nothing additional needed here). CMT if you want anything in return, everything is up to date there.

Thanks in advance!

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hyia, sorry to bother everyone again-I don't think I'm allowed say this anymore lol.
Correct.

Regardless, I'm looking for some Gen 7 Move Tutor help. I have 6 BR-ish Pokemon that need USUM Move Tutor moves + 1 Trade Evo (amongst the 6 that need MT moves, nothing additional needed here). CMT if you want anything in return, everything is up to date there.

Thanks in advance!
I can help you with that again.
We can take this our private conversation.

I want to ask a bunch of questions about catching Pokemon, glitch abuse, and RNG abuse. If this is not the best place to ask, can you tell me what is the best place to ask?

When N's Pokemon is in the tall grass, what is the chance of finding it?
If you defeat a Pokemon, enter the Hall of Fame, and encounter the Pokemon again, does the game re-roll its IVs, personality, and nature? Is the answer different for non-legendary Pokemon (like the Sudowoodo in HGSS) or roaming Pokemon? Is it different for different generations?
Are there any glitch moves after gen 1? If yes, what happens if a Smeargle tries to sketch them?
What is the exact effect of grotto power on hidden grottos?
Is there any way to use RNG abuse to predict metronome in any game?
If you do the trainer fly glitch, the wild Ditto transforms into your Pokemon, and it uses a move like meditate or swords dance, will that raise the level of the wild Pokemon that you encounter using the glitch?
What happens if you try using the box cloning or bad clone glitch on an egg in gen 2?
Is it possible for a Pokemon to have an origin mark if it's transferred from a Ranger game?

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
I want to ask a bunch of questions about catching Pokemon, glitch abuse, and RNG abuse. If this is not the best place to ask, can you tell me what is the best place to ask?

When N's Pokemon is in the tall grass, what is the chance of finding it?
If you defeat a Pokemon, enter the Hall of Fame, and encounter the Pokemon again, does the game re-roll its IVs, personality, and nature? Is the answer different for non-legendary Pokemon (like the Sudowoodo in HGSS) or roaming Pokemon? Is it different for different generations?
Are there any glitch moves after gen 1? If yes, what happens if a Smeargle tries to sketch them?
What is the exact effect of grotto power on hidden grottos?
If you do the trainer fly glitch, the wild Ditto transforms into your Pokemon, and it uses a move like meditate or swords dance, will that raise the level of the wild Pokemon that you encounter using the glitch?
What happens if you try using the box cloning or bad clone glitch on an egg in gen 2?
Is it possible for a Pokemon to have an origin mark if it's transferred from a Ranger game?
Just gonna answer the ones I can, how much I can (much of this is from google so take that as you may)
  1. Bulba says 1%
  2. Off the top of my head, yeah everything is rerolled when stuff respawns. Though not everything respawns; the Kecleon in Gen3 come to mind, so best to check each case specifically. There's no hard set rule for everything.
  3. I'd browse through here. Quick glance, it doesn't look like it, at least not to the extent of Gen 1. There are definitely some glitches associated with moves tho. Sketch? No idea. Best guess would be it fails or it copies the original move that the glitch move would supposed to be. Imagine this would change on a per-move basis if it ever sketches at all.
  4. Can't say. The text description says it ups the odds of finding Pokemon, and given how the game usually works, that would probably translate to extra RNG rolls.
  5. Prob. Has anyone looked into it? /shrug
  6. Looks like it
  7. I don't see why an egg would behave differently from a mon.
  8. Iirc Pokemon from Gen 4 don't get origin marks in the later games, and there isn't one that's given to a Ranger mon when transferred to gen 4. So idts.
edit: Changed 3 cuz I misread your question.

Last edited:

CTNC

If it isn't crossed out, I still need help.

I need help transferring 10 Pokemon from Gen 7 to Gen 8. (Even after getting help last time, I have a feeling every page is going have me asking for help transferring in the first few posts...)

There are Glitch moves in Gen 3 (video with some) and you can get them without hacking through very heavily glitching the game with Pomeg Berries.

If you don't know what you're doing in Emerald you'll probably softlock the game, crash the game, or mess up the game in a way that makes it so you're not battling any more. If you know what you're doing, you'll probably OHKO everything or make the game play something else like Snake or Pong if moves can trigger Arbitrary Code Execution. Obviously, none of those moves can be Sketched because of either KOing Smeargle or breaking the game. Probably the later.

I'm not sure if moves that don't destroy the game can be Sketched though. Maybe?

TASs (Tool Assisted Speedruns) of FR/LG abuse Metronome like crazy against the Elite Four for OHKOs. This Fire Red TAS is a pretty good example. (Skip to 1:33:23 for the Elite Four)

Edit: Forgot to ask for this.

Asking for the following Pokemon in these Balls in Gen 7.

:Dusk Ball: :Spiritomb: Spiritomb
:Lure Ball: :Rotom: Rotom
Anything Defensive for Restricted Sparing that I may not have thought of.

I can offer these Pokemon. I only have a 31/0/31/31/31/31 Dittos in Ultra Moon, but I'll make sure the Pokemon I give you have at least 4 31s. (or 3 31s and 0 Speed) I can also offer Gold Bottlecaps if you want them. (I know Eisen is giving away 6 IV Dittos but I don't want one. That giveaway is how I got the Ditto I'm using.)
:Beast Ball: :Beldum: Beldum - Jolly
:Great Ball: :Bagon: Bagon - Adamant Moxie
:Dusk Ball: :Skrelp: Skrelp - Modest Adaptability
:Poke Ball: :Snivy: Snivy - Modest Contrary
:Lure Ball: :Corphish: Corphish - Brave Adaptability 0 Speed
:Luxury Ball: :Mimikyu: Mimikyu - Brave 0 Speed
:Heal Ball: :Slowpoke: Slowpoke - Calm Regenerator
:Dusk Ball: :Charmander: Charmander - Adamant
:Dusk Ball: :Oranguru: Oranguru - Relaxed 0 Speed or Calm
:Dream Ball: :Swablu: Swablu - Careful or Calm
:Heal Ball: :Chansey: Chansey - Bold or Calm
:Poke Ball: :Porygon: Porygon - Bold, Calm, or Modest
:Safari Ball: :Pinsir: Pinsir - Jolly
:Dusk Ball: :Houndour: Houndour - Timid
:Beast Ball: :Mareanie: Mareanie - Calm Regenerator
:Dusk Ball: :Pyukumuku: Pyukumuku - Calm Unaware 0 Attack
:Level Ball: :Sandygast: Sandygast - Bold/Calm
:Fast Ball: :Magnemite: Magnemite - Calm (Sorry for a "bad" nature)

Also, in the very unlikely case that someone can get me one, I'd like a Defense Curl Pikachu (Gen 2 TM and 3 Tutor... I wish I remembered that before giving my sister's DS back...) for the sake of trying out Charge/Defense Curl/Rest/Recycle Leppa Berry Alolan Raichu in Restricted Sparring even though I know that will suck and Magnemite is almost guarantee be a better Recycle user for Electric. I'd be more than happy with any Defense Curl Pikachu, (and shocked if anyone offered one) but it'd be nice if had a 0 Atk IV and/or was in Ultra Ball (That's way more unlikely than even a Normal Pokeball one because of needing to be caught in FR/LG, traded to Emerald, taught the move for 16 BP, then transferred from Gen 3 to Gen 7. I'd be amazed if anyone went that for out of their way for such a terrible gimmick.)
Honestly, I have no hope for this Pikachu and I'm just hoping that someone laughs at a request this stupid.

I can offer a clone of a Luxury Ball Softboiled Clefairy with a 0 Atk IV and Neutral Nature. Speaking of, if anyone wants to clone and share it, please ask. I'd like such an annoying to get Pokemon to be given away to anyone that wants one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)