Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I haven't had a chance to play PS! (or even check it because I've been too tired to use my computer) recently but apparently BP Clause isn't implemented? Is this an oversight?

AFAIK, certain mega stones are unavailable in the games atm like Diancie, Swampertite. Will showdown allow these anw after the beta or will it be disallowed like unreleased event Poke?

The teambuilder still shows last-gen OU mons mixed with the new stuff so it's hard to build a pre-PokéBank team from what's listed there. Is there a page or something listing only native Alola mons for us to check to make it easier?

The teambuilder still shows last-gen OU mons mixed with the new stuff so it's hard to build a pre-PokéBank team from what's listed there. Is there a page or something listing only native Alola mons for us to check to make it easier?
There is unfortunately no filtration system yet, but here is a list from Serebii on what isn't obtainable in Alola.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Is there a reason why for instance mega mawile is banned in pre bank and in normal OU?
Apparently not all mega stones can be found in the games and they can't be transferred over from the old games, so they're illegal at least until the next game comes along (yes, it's dumb). This is a list of all the currently legal megas (although I hear the Kanto starter megas are also legal).

This is drastically meta defining if it actually stays that way, wow. That's kind of a bummer. Even though it's a bit of a relief to not have to plan for buffed Mega Bunny anymore.

I know pokebank isn't out, but is there a way to datamine if old pokemon have new moves?

Specifically I wish to know if Tyranitar gets Accelrock

Do the Zygarde forms have access to the 1K moves? They're not included in the analysis and I read that they're unavailable(?)

Pilo

uses walther
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I know pokebank isn't out, but is there a way to datamine if old pokemon have new moves?

Specifically I wish to know if Tyranitar gets Accelrock
It doesn't but if you want to see which Pokemon did get new moves I'd suggest checking out this thread.

Do the Zygarde forms have access to the 1K moves? They're not included in the analysis and I read that they're unavailable(?)
You can teach Zygarde the thousand moves and a few others via the Zygarde Cube.

Do Z-moves bypass King's Shield like Protect so 25% of the original power and if there physical z-moves do they get the attack drop?

Two Questions:

Do Hidden Powers and Z-Moves work together? Will my HP Dragon Ferrothorn be able to use the Dragon Z-Move, HP Flying Excadrill use the Flying, etc?

and;

Does Beast Boost effect their highest base stat, highest EV-invested stat, or highest stat after EV's - even if that stat does not have the highest EV investment?

Apparently not all mega stones can be found in the games and they can't be transferred over from the old games, so they're illegal at least until the next game comes along (yes, it's dumb). This is a list of all the currently legal megas (although I hear the Kanto starter megas are also legal).
Annoyingly, mega Kanto starters are not legal. I was kind of bummed out that I made about 4 or 5 Mega Venusaur teams yesterday which I now can't use :(

Question of my own, might not be the place but I figured it would be better here than in the designated Pokemon thread? I'm running Relaxed Celesteela with 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Sp.D (unoptimised spread, I don't recommend it but wanted to go for a mixed wall approach, this is the starting point) because I don't want to power down Heavy Slam or Fire Blast, but does running zero speed investment and/or a hindering Nature leave me vulnerable to threats Celesteela is supposed to check? And if I'm going this route with it, should I just use Skarm instead? Was initially attracted to Celesteela > Skarm because better mixed bulk and I don't like making defensive teams too passive in early metagames, but I don't want to be missing a trick here.

Does Cloud Nine block terrain conditions (or only just standard weather like rain ) ? Because for example it could make stuff like Altaria or LickyLicky as interesting things to test out.

Does Z-Foul play still take into account the enemy attack stat? Asking because of potential Persian-a oneshots on Aegislash.

Pilo

uses walther
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
How long will it take to implement the 3D models of Pokemon into showdown?
We'll have them as soon as the models are ripped and cleaned, refer to this post

Two Questions:

Do Hidden Powers and Z-Moves work together? Will my HP Dragon Ferrothorn be able to use the Dragon Z-Move, HP Flying Excadrill use the Flying, etc?

and;

Does Beast Boost effect their highest base stat, highest EV-invested stat, or highest stat after EV's - even if that stat does not have the highest EV investment?
Question one: Sadly not, Z-Hidden Power just turns into Breakneck Blitz.

Question two: Beast Boost ups the highest actual stat and not the highest base stat. ex: A Nihilego with higher Speed than Special Defense will receive a boost to its Speed.

Does Cloud Nine block terrain conditions (or only just standard weather like rain ) ? Because for example it could make stuff like Altaria or LickyLicky as interesting things to test out.
Nope, only weather conditions

Does Z-Foul play still take into account the enemy attack stat? Asking because of potential Persian-a oneshots on Aegislash.
As far as I know Z-Foul Play just turns into a 175 base power Dark-type move

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Why is CharizarditeX not allowed in the OU ladder (the OU ladder that allows Landorus) when you can obtain it ingame? This also applies to the other Charizard mega, Venusaur, and Blastoise

proof they are obtainable ingame rn:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)