Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

Are the HA Alola starters supposed to be allowed on the ladder? I've seen a few Intimidate Incineroar and Liquid Voice Primarina, and I thought the word was that they weren't available in the games yet because they can't be SOS battled.

Pilo

uses walther
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Ok sorry if these are stupid questions but
What is pre-bank?
and how do you use z moves
Pre-bank means Pre-Pokebank meaning we can't use anything that is transferred, only stuff that's immediately available in Sun and Moon, to use a Z-move have your Pokemon hold the corresponding Z-Stone and click the "Use Z Move" option in battle to see which Z-Move(s) you can use.

How come there are some Mega Stones (e.g Manectite) you can't use on post-pokebank OU? I heard some aren't in the game yet since the Pokemon they're for aren't even on the Alola dex, but there's no way they aren't coming back with a patch or something already inside the game when Pokebank hits

ok thanks

and how come burns do less damage? were burns nerfed or something?

also i just noticed that a shadow ball hit alolan raichu super effectively. Is fairy weak to ghost now?

EDIT: nvm i thought alolan raichu was fairy not psychic

Last edited:
ok thanks

and how come burns do less damage? were burns nerfed or something?
Burns were nerfed in Sun and Moon to do 1/16th damage per turn.

Also, here's a question: what are some decent rock setters that synergize well with Tapu Bulu? I've been having a hard time finding rock setters to use now that I can't be lazy and just throw Landorus-T or Garchomp on every team I make.

How come there are some Mega Stones (e.g Manectite) you can't use on post-pokebank OU? I heard some aren't in the game yet since the Pokemon they're for aren't even on the Alola dex, but there's no way they aren't coming back with a patch or something already inside the game when Pokebank hits
I really, really, really doubt GF will add content per patch.

Also, here's a question: what are some decent rock setters that synergize well with Tapu Bulu? I've been having a hard time finding rock setters to use now that I can't be lazy and just throw Landorus-T or Garchomp on every team I make.
Heatran is probably up there as the best. Hippo is ok if you account for reduced STAB power due to Grassy Terrain. Not tried any others myself yet.

I really, really, really doubt GF will add content per patch.
Not delusional enough to think they'd add something like new Pokemon or something,but I'm gonna be really surprised/disappointed if when we get Pokebank we don't get the missing Mega Stones (maybe they're already somewhere in the game and we still haven't found them,though I highly doubt that)

You could try offensive Nihilego. I've been using it as a pretty effective sashed lead, as it beats out a lot with its stabs and Thunderbolt. It also kind of appreciates weakened Earthquakes (though you probably still need investment to survive them) and covers the Fire and Poison types that Bulu hates. Grassy terrain can also repair any unconsumed sash.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
If they were a year on Zygarde which would be banned? Zygarde 50%, Zygardes, or Power Construct? I just thought this might be a thought to raise up as players are learning that Zygarde is extremely good and even seen some players that would support a ban.

Who's the best partner for full spd calm mantine?

If they were a year on Zygarde which would be banned? Zygarde 50%, Zygardes, or Power Construct? I just thought this might be a thought to raise up as players are learning that Zygarde is extremely good and even seen some players that would support a ban.
If zygarde complete is the issue, then I would imagine that power construct would be banned.

Who's the best partner for full spd calm mantine?

If zygarde complete is the issue, then I would imagine that power construct would be banned.
Full SpDef Mantine just seems like a waste tbh, as its main niche is in being a Keldeo counter imo and the set enables Keldeo to 2HKO it with Secret Sword after Rocks... If you still want a more specially defensive version, then 148 Def EVs guarantees that Secret Sword will only be a 3HKO, while also having the bulk to counter things like Charizard Y, non-Psyhock/Tbolt Latios. Furthermore, the defensive EVs allow it to live Scarf Lando-T's Stone Edge which 0 does not, so I personally would advise some defensive EVs.

Teammates are basically those who can take on Tapu Koko, Thundurus etc better, potentially Excadrill who can remove rocks for Mantine, as running Defog on it can often pressure it too much, who will then take on the aforementioned mons who put a real dent in Drill

Are Z-moves one per battle or one per pokemon? As in, can I use a Z-move with one pokemon and then use another Z-move with a different pokemon later in the match?

With the mechanics being so fresh I wasn't sure, and I'm interesting in getting a handle on the mechanics before the gen begins.

Are Z-moves one per battle or one per pokemon? As in, can I use a Z-move with one pokemon and then use another Z-move with a different pokemon later in the match?

With the mechanics being so fresh I wasn't sure, and I'm interesting in getting a handle on the mechanics before the gen begins.
one per battle per team

what is the interaction between acrobatics and flyinium-Z (the crystal)? can i use the z-move for acrobatics and then spam the 110bp move?

Why is Tapu Bulu not allowed in Showdown's pre-bank OU? It says that an event is required for Tapu Bulu, but I could use Tapu Fini without a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)