Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

A-Raichu has been confirmed to be pretty bad and redundant in the metagame, Kingdra is still the prime special sweeper for Rain Teams. Mega-Scizor is a nice addition because Rain reduces its fire weakness, and it forms a solid VoltTurn Core with Koko. Dugtrio is also a nice option on those kind of teams, because with 2-3 U-Turns or Volt Switches in the team already, you can almost always safely bring it in, and it also acts as an Electric resist.

Garchomp is often used as another Elec resist over the likes of Duggy, and also a good rocks lead. Other options that are commonly seen on rain teams are: Tornadus-T (u-turn, 100% acc Hurricane in rain, complements pelipper for a defensive core), Latias (ele resist, 100% acc thunder in rain, Healing Wish), Kabutops (best physical swift swimmer in combination with kingdra), Ferrothorn (hazards, beats bulky water, fire weakness reduced), or Mamoswine as a Lead.

Edit: A-Marowak is also really nice, but remember his Fire Stab gets reduced in Rain
Thanks! Dugdrio or garchomp might be a good contender. I don't like his firefang getting reduced, but at least he can function outside of rain. I'm trying to go without hazards, because I have pelipper as a defogger, and hazards are everywhere now thanks to toxapex.

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
Idk if this is where I should ask this but is there a way to put hide tags in a post on mobile? I haven't been able to figure it out if there is. Thank you in advance

So I haven't done competitve in a LONG time so I'm not sure how remembering moves works. If I level Charjabug up to 43 so it can learn Discharge and than evolve it to Vikavolt, will I still be able to heart scale Bug Buzz on to it so it can have both Discharge and Bug Buzz?
To answer+expand on your question, Heart Scale remembering now lets you learn any move in the target pokemon's level up list, period. Even if it's a higher level.

Not exactly relevant for your specific example because Discharge is only on Charjabug, but worth noting. Although what you can instead do is use a scale on Charjabug to early-lean Discharge, then evolve to Vikavolt whenever you want.

I want to get back into breeding some Pokemon, and I want to calculate the odds with the Destiny Knot, but the calculator and any other mirrors seem to be dead (destinyknot.tk's domain was taken by some random website, and the other mirror is dead).

Does anyone have a more relevant mirror that could be re-uploaded?

Does electric terrain affect gigavolt havoc? Smogon's damage calc doesn't show any difference with or without the terrain. I have the BP at 185 because I want to run thunder.
It actually shows thunder to be stronger.

Not sure if this should be asked in this thread or the mon's but how does Mimikyu's Disguise react if behind something like a passed Sub when it gets hit? Does it take 3 hits to damage Mimikyu (One for the Sub, one for the Disguise, one for the damage)? Or does the hit that breaks the Sub also break the Disguise?

A rockruff caught in Pokemon Moon is transfered and leveled up in Pokemon Sun will it evolve in Midday form? (in day o course)

While on the ladder, I saw one of my opponents use the Ghost Z move with Arceus-Ghost. Although as far as my knowledge goes, I thought only plates can be used to change Arceus into one of his non-normal type formes. Is this a glitch or does Z-Crystals change the Arceus forms as well?

While on the ladder, I saw one of my opponents use the Ghost Z move with Arceus-Ghost. Although as far as my knowledge goes, I thought only plates can be used to change Arceus into one of his non-normal type formes. Is this a glitch or does Z-Crystals change the Arceus forms as well?
This isn't a bug. Z-Crystals also change Arceus' type this gen.

Does Multiscale/Shadow Shield still activate if the Pokemon with Multiscale/Shadow Shield is behind a Sub and at full health?

How do I get max speed HP Fire Pokemon on Showdown? (example: HP fire 350 speed latios)

Not talking about in game
So after choosing the move in teambuilder, it automatically adjusts IVs in the spread section. You can manually adjust them back and it will retain the HP type you selected. I tested this today with Mega Venusaur, it does work.

Edit astroshagger Soul Dew is better on Latias if she's going the Roost/Defog Dual stab set. If you decide to include coverage moves, use life orb. Basically, Soul Dew should be used only when you rely on the bulk of lati@s and when you're running only dual stabs.

Is Soul Dew the better item on OU Defog Latias this gen? Or are most people still using LO?
The full usage stats should be out tonight according to antar.

Go to smogon.com/stats
Then to movesets
Then to pokebank ou 1725 or whatever the highest one is
Then find latias. It'll tell you what the highest rated players do

Question about Power Construct: If Zygarde with Power Construct falls below 50% HP and uses Rest to restore HP, will Zygarde retain it's complete form or revert to it's original form?

Is Soul Dew the better item on OU Defog Latias this gen? Or are most people still using LO?
The stats are up and here are the results for the top players (1825 glicko):

Life Orb 49.063% | | Soul Dew 19.690% | | Leftovers 14.877% | | Colbur Berry 10.983% | | Choice Scarf 3.826% | | Other 1.561%

Here are the top 4 moves (it shows more but don't want to clog the thread):

Draco Meteor 82.761% | | Defog 74.858% | | Healing Wish 64.231% | | Psyshock 42.234%

found here: http://www.smogon.com/stats/2016-11/moveset/gen7pokebankou-1825.txt
edit:
What's the standard OU stall team at this point?
MQJinx Going off of the teammates in the above link: Chansey, Sableye-Mega, Toxapex, Skarmory, Clefable, and Zapdoss

Last edited:
So since the game has been datamined, do we know if imported Zygardes from gen 6 can be changed between 10% and 50% formes by the cube?
To change form the Zygarde must have Power Construct, so, no. The real question is whether or not the Gen 6 Zygarde can be disassembled, which they likely can.

Duck Chris

replay watcher
is a Pre-Contributor
Question on legality: is it possible to make Genesect shiny if it's not the banded set? I thought it wasn't shiny locked in its earlier events but now showdown is telling me it cannot be shiny if its from the first event.

My moveset is rock polish / flamethrower / ice beam / thunderbolt if it matters

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)