Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

If u mean full sp.atk Protean ninja it needs 150 Evs in Spdef
252 SpA Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 150 SpD Kartana: 219-258 (84.5 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
or if it is with 80 sp.atk evs (usually enough for Killing kartana) 72 Sp.Def or 192 HP are needed
80 SpA Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 72 SpD Kartana: 219-258 (84.5 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
80 SpA Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 192 HP / 0 SpD Kartana: 259-306 (84.3 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Oh sorry, forgot to mention. I meant 80 sp. atk Greninja. Thanks for providing both though.

Is there an updated Tank Chomp set?
Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

This is the one that looks the best from the Metagame discussion thread. Pretty sure this creeps Heatran and lives 2+ Hawlucha HJK and 2+ Kartana Leaf Blade

Hey, I'd love to get back into ultra SM OU and use a rain team, but for some reason OU sample teams and OU bazaar had less teams than what I remember. Does anybody have a classic rain team (using like pelipper, mega-swamper, koko, hawlucha...) ? Thanks in advance, and my apologies if this isn't the right place to ask.

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
Hey, I'd love to get back into ultra SM OU and use a rain team, but for some reason OU sample teams and OU bazaar had less teams than what I remember. Does anybody have a classic rain team (using like pelipper, mega-swamper, koko, hawlucha...) ? Thanks in advance, and my apologies if this isn't the right place to ask.
honestly the old standard NJNP rain team with some new edits for the current meta is still the best one imo:
Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 228 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 28 Spe
- Defog
- Roost
- Scald
- U-turn

Tapu Koko @ Fairium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Nature's Madness

or

Tapu Koko @ Tapunium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mean Look
- Nature's Madness
- Brave Bird
- Taunt

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 156 HP / 224 Atk / 4 Def / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Roost / Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Toxic
- Draco Meteor

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Spikes

i think specs koko could also work?

LL also wrote a great guide on building rain teams here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/usum-playstyle-analysis.3621912/#post-7624880

Honestly though rain isn't what it used to be in this meta, that's why it's no longer in the sample teams.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/usum-playstyle-analysis.3621912/#post-7624880
I’d highly recommend this post from LL, it shows not only a good sample team but solid other options.

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
What’s the wish Jirachi set?
It uses the same spread as the on-site rocks jirachi set but runs Wish / Protect / Iron Head / filler, I've seen people use U-Turn and Body Slam as the last move but other moves like Fire Punch could work too depending on your team
Without Tspikes support what is the best Zygarde set?
Choice Band is pretty good atm with Iron Tail to catch AV Bulus off guard

Any tips for sand offense? I know sand isnt super good in USUM but Ive been playing around with it and seing if Mega Chomp has any redeeming qualities.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What’s the wish Jirachi set?
The variant that I like the most is this:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 236 HP / 216 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Protect
- Body Slam

The EVs creep adamant Tapu Bulu and hit both a Leftovers number and a SpD jump point. If you want 2 extra speed for timid Gears, 248 HP / 200 SpD / 64 Spe Careful is a better way to use the EVs than dropping hit points is. If you wanna creep jolly Bulu, a spread of 248 HP / 108 SpD / 152 Spe Careful is the spread that gets the most stat points, but IMO it’s not worth it considering noone runs jolly Bulu nowadays anyway. IMO Body Slam is the most optimal filler option in the current meta just ‘cuz Scarf Lando’s rlly popular atm, meaning that being able to cripple it as it switches in is huge, and because otherwise Jirachi is total Tran bait (this is bad for balanced/defensive squads). It’s also just nice to piss off like Pex/Lucha/Rona and to take advantage of paralysis being completely fucking broken.

Last edited:

Tenebricite

Leader of the Pawniards
is a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Any tips for sand offense? I know sand isnt super good in USUM but Ive been playing around with it and seing if Mega Chomp has any redeeming qualities.
From my experience, Mega Chomp doesn't have too many redeeming qualities. Sand offense can go a few different ways, but I like to use Mega Tyranitar with Excadrill to abuse the sand.

Well, sand isn't that common now, but still I like the playstyle, for offense, you probably would use Band Tyranitar to break through LandoT, Celesteela and other Excadrill's checks. Also SD Z-Fly LandoT is a great add because it improves the playstyle matchup against fat balance and stall, also takes down many Exca checks such as LandoT, Steela, Skarm (with Smack Down or Gravity), Tangrowth and other shit, and then,you could use checks for many Excadrill revenge killer such as Ash Ninja, and some scarfers who can take a unboosted hit suck as Keldeo, in this regard a grass type such as tangrowth could help

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
I don't get why evasion, which can be hazed out easily, is banned. Over 65 Pokemon learn it, some of them already OU.
Well, do you want to be forced to use a mon with haze in order to beat it? That’s one of the biggest reasons baton pass was banned iirc. While I’m at it, I might as well cover potential counter-arguments to unbanning evasion
1. It’s not broken
No shit. Why it was banned in the first place was because it was uncompetitive. It turns the game into a luckfest which goes against a healthy metagame.

2. It has ez counters. Like, moves that never miss. Those beat it.
Let me go through the list
Z-moves: these are cool and all, but they can only be used once a match, so cam be played around by the evasion spamming mon
Aerial ace: 60 Bp? Only useful for one thing on the vast majority of mons? Doesn’t that sound like a symptom of a overcentralized meta?
Aura sphere: not very large distribution plus some mons with it prefer focus blast because it gets more reliable kos (Magearna). Sounds like another symptom of an overcentralized meta
Feint Attack: see aerial ace
Hyperspace fury and hyperspace hole: exclusive to one mon. Need I say more? Unless you want to use hoopa-U on every team

I think anyone reading this post gets the point by now. Ik you didn’t mention any of these Kamen Galaxy but I was sick of seeing these arguments used. I hope this post helps

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
What’s the Tapunium Z set mainly used for, in other words what’s its purpose?
It's used occasionally on Tapu Lele to break past some of its usual counters like AV Magearna, Celesteela with relative ease since most of them lack reliable recovery and struggle to take psychic terrain boosted moves at 25%.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)