Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

How viable is webs rn? I remember it took a huge hit when Mega Diancie came out but Diancie has sort of fallen off the face of the earth recently and isn’t super viable itself now.
Problem is Defog is everywhere rn; Tornadus-T absolutely cucks Webs specifically, also stuff like Koko can Defog now, Gliscor can and even Lando.

I have heard that Gastrodon is becoming better but can anyone share a team it is on? It seems to still have the same problems as usual.
http://pokepast.es/694c9850ef06fda7 here's a team i made with gastrodon on it; gastro + celesteela is an amazing core and finding a pokemon that check gren / koko / heatran and many others in one slot is amazing. the team has done really well for me so far; got my highest ladder peak at around 1850 and am planning to write an rmt when i have the time. if you decide to use the team, feel free to let me know how it's being working out for you :]

Does anyone have a good Volcorona team I can steal?
Yeah check my Volc RMT, the Hawlucha EVs need updating, other than that it is still good.
Excadrill (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

Volcarona @ Psychium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic
- Quiver Dance

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Defog

Kartana @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 8 HP / 188 Atk / 60 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Substitute

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Hawlucha (M) @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Roost

What’s the deal with regular Necrozma? Offensive rocker, stored power sweeper or what? It has a fat movepool and recovery, is it just too slow as a psychic type for OU (but too fast for TR)? There’s a variety of Z lures this thing can run or just nuke something with Psychium. I remember using a team with Z-Prismatic Laser and SR which was pretty fun. What’s holding this thing back?

What’s the deal with regular Necrozma? Offensive rocker, stored power sweeper or what? It has a fat movepool and recovery, is it just too slow as a psychic type for OU (but too fast for TR)? There’s a variety of Z lures this thing can run or just nuke something with Psychium. I remember using a team with Z-Prismatic Laser and SR which was pretty fun. What’s holding this thing back?
I don't know, but it isn't OU in really any capacity so this isn't the place to ask. The RU(?) forum would be the place to go.
I mean he isn't asking what's holding it back in RU, as it isn't really being held back. He's asking what's holding it back in OU

I mean he isn't asking what's holding it back in RU, as it isn't really being held back. He's asking what's holding it back in OU
You're right, I'm tired as shit and didn't really read the whole question, just assumed the Q was what role does it serve mainly.
To me it just seems outclassed on every front. As a Z-bulky Rocker Landorus outclasses, we have a plethora offensive Psychic-types, for main example, Tapu Lele. Stored Power sweeper we have Mega-Latias. It is just simply outclassed in terms of typing, stats and ability for every role it tries to fill. Its speed sucks, its not really that bulky and has an defensive typing that offers very little in the way of useful resistances, especially compared to competition defensively (just use mew? if Psychic-type for some reason is attractive), and its SpAtk is nothing to rave about either especially when we have Hoopa-U or even Mega-Alakazam (Hoopa being very comparable offensively and a lot better).

Last edited:
I remember there was a resource where it stated (inserted pokemon name here) top 5 used EV spreads + items. It would basically go through all OU pokemon. This EV guide was useful to me and now I can't find it. Is it anywhere located in the usage/statistics thread? Where can I find it?

Felixx

I'm back.
I remember there was a resource where it stated (inserted pokemon name here) top 5 used EV spreads + items. It would basically go through all OU pokemon. This EV guide was useful to me and now I can't find it. Is it anywhere located in the usage/statistics thread? Where can I find it?
pm ing *TIBot on showdown works too
.usage Ferrothorn
.usage Ferrothorn OU
.usage Ferrothorn abilities OU
.usage Ferrothorn items OU
.usage Ferrothorn spreads OU (I believe this is what you're looking for)
.usage Ferrothorn moves OU
.usage Ferrothorn teammates OU
.usage Ferrothorn checkcounters OU

Substitute Ferrothorn for any mon, and OU for any other Tier

You're right, I'm tired as shit and didn't really read the whole question, just assumed the Q was what role does it serve mainly.

To me it just seems outclassed on every front. As a Z-bulky Rocker Landorus outclasses, we have a plethora offensive Psychic-types, for main example, Tapu Lele. Stored Power sweeper we have Mega-Latias. It is just simply outclassed in terms of typing, stats and ability for every role it tries to fill. Its speed sucks, its not really that bulky and has an defensive typing that offers very little in the way of useful resistances, especially compared to competition defensively (just use mew? if Psychic-type for some reason is attractive), and its SpAtk is nothing to rave about either especially when we have Hoopa-U or even Mega-Alakazam (Hoopa being very comparable offensively and a lot better).
I mean its ability reduces supereffective damage which other Psychic-types in OU don't have

what megas are used on stall?
Most old stall staples have fallen out of favor, and the same is true for their megas. While you still see the occassional MSab, it doesn't really do much anymore, and is mostly there for the psychological factor of making people think twice before clicking hazards or status. I'm almost 100% convinced that without Protean Gren in the game, MSab would've dropped to BL by now.

Most common megas on Stall nowadays are Scizor, Venusaur and sometimes Latias. Slowbro and Altaria are basically nonexistant, and bulky Char-X only exists if you're Lizardons.

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Edit: Thread Cleaned

Cool you guys are more attacking each other than answering a relevant unanswered questions so stop bickering or I’ll add an infraction to your next post deletions

May clean this thread later, consider the “what megas are used on stall question” fully answered for now

Last edited:

Felixx

I'm back.
What's the best unaware pick on stall rn?
Quagsire over Clefable, because it helps with the SD M-Sciz, Heatran and Ttar match-up, and blocking Volt Switch is nice, additionally, it dosen't let M-Mawile come in and SD because Clef needs to spam Wish, it's either forced to switch-out, leaving it weakened, or Protect and give M-Mawile a free turn.

Last edited:
Quagsire over Clefable, because it helps with the SD M-Sciz, Heatran and Ttar match-up, and blocking Volt Switch is nice, additionally, it dosen't let M-Mawile come in and SD because Clef needs to spam Wish, it's either forced to switch-out, leaving it weakened, or Protect and give M-Mawile a free turn.
The thing is Kartana exists, and non AV Bulu will destory you but by nature since Arena Trap ban you can't cover everything.

(edit I'm not necessarily saying you're wrong, just Kartana's usage and viability rn is such a boon to Quagsire and Stall in general)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)