Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

What are the most common sets for Glowking running around right now? All I know is that it has Stabs and an AV. Kiss me soon in the metagame discussion persuaded me to try using it+Pex. Do Glowking run Max HP Max Spatk? Is is a more complex EV spread. What are also the common moves? Is Future Sight used alongside Psychic/shock or in place of it? Do Glowking run Scald, Fire Blast, or none? Thanks for any answers

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
What are the most common sets for Glowking running around right now? All I know is that it has Stabs and an AV. Kiss me soon in the metagame discussion persuaded me to try using it+Pex. Do Glowking run Max HP Max Spatk? Is is a more complex EV spread. What are also the common moves? Is Future Sight used alongside Psychic/shock or in place of it? Do Glowking run Scald, Fire Blast, or none? Thanks for any answers
Slowking-Galar (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 128 SpA / 128 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Scald / Hydro Pump
- Flamethrower

This is what I run. Try using it with pokemon or cores struggle against QD Phero and offensive Magearna, which G-Slowking can handle. It can run Psychic over a coverage move or FS though.

Slowking-Galar (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 128 SpA / 128 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Scald / Hydro Pump
- Flamethrower

This is what I run. Try using it with pokemon or cores struggle against QD Phero and offensive Magearna, which G-Slowking can handle. It can run Psychic over a coverage move or FS though.
Ok thanks very much finch. It's very sad to see you go :(((((( but at least you helped me so i will be thankful. I'm using it alongside an Unaware Clefable which means my QD mosa matchup is excellent but I'm scared out of my mind by Garchomp so I think I'll keep it that way. Thank you

i changed it to Buzzwall because Kart also exists ok bye

Hi!
I'm looking for Dracozolt EV spread for sand teams.
I found a few but I don't know what benchmarks those spreads achieve.

Thank you ^^

Zneon

uh oh
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Hi!
I'm looking for Dracozolt EV spread for sand teams.
I found a few but I don't know what benchmarks those spreads achieve.

Thank you ^^
Dracozolt @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 120 Atk / 136 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

This is the EV spread run. The SpA EVs allow Dracozolt to always OHKO Physdef Ferrothorn with Fire Blast even without Stealth Rocks up. The Speed is max to ensure it outspeeds as many Pokemon as it needs to, since even with Lonely it outspeeds everything outside of Regieleki unboosted, and the rest is dumped into attack to ensure it does as much damage with Bolt Beak.

Hope this helped! :blobthumbsup:

Shaymin Sky

We're locked out by Prof Klaus!
is a Community Contributor
What's the Best Set for Hydreigon at the moment
Offensive Hydreigon has fallen off a bit due to the influx of Clefables as well as blissey, and the recent addition of pokemon that outspeed and revenge kill it such as Kartana and Pheromosa that just straight up OHKO it. Currently the most common set and most viable for Hydreigon is specially defensive which is commonly ran due to Spectrier, as well as Heatran to an extent. Those sets commonly run something similar or exactly alike to the following:
Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 172 SpD / 88 Spe
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Defog

Leftovers is an obvious given as it helps it heal back the damage from stealth rocks, the 88 speed is to outspeed max speed non timid heatrans. The reason why it has 248 ev's in hp instead of 252 is for minimal stealth rocks damage, and the rest is dumped into special defense with a calm nature for further walling abilities. Lastly for the moves, roost is required if you want it to have some sort of longevity as well as earth power to be able to fend off Heatrans when you switch in. Defog is there for hazard support since special defense Hydreigon doesn't really need another attacking slot, and lastly dark pulse is a good hitting stab that can cover opposing Spectrier's.

Why isn’t no QD pure fat Volcorona a thing? Seems like it checks most of the same stuff moltres does while also beating Phero as the expense of the Heatran matchup? Fiery Dance lets you 1v1 fat shit like utility clef clef too without a setup move.

Katy

Banned deucer.
Why isn’t no QD pure fat Volcorona a thing? Seems like it checks most of the same stuff moltres does while also beating Phero as the expense of the Heatran matchup? Fiery Dance lets you 1v1 fat shit like utility clef clef too without a setup move.
Quiver Dance-sets of Volcarona are the best sets, as after a setup Volcarona is really threatening to a lot of common Pokemon in the tier. Sure a pure fat Volcarona is able to tackle Pheromosa, but you lose out the powerhouse aspect Volcarona is able to give you with a Boost due to Quiver Dance. Quiver Dance is easily the best move on Volcarona and when you got rid of the checks and counters this Set can easily tear holes into the opposing team. Also non-Quiver Dance-Volcarona can't bust through Pokemon such as Toxapex, Tapu Fini, and furthermore Blissey. It also gets hardstopped by too many Pokemon. Moltres, Heatran and Blissey are a great counterplay. But when these Pokemon are weakened severly and have to come into Volcarona 1 Quiver Dance-boost can make a big difference between making them vulnerable to Volcarona, or these Pokemon still stop Volcarona.

I think Quiver Dance-Sets are still the most viable option, due to the sheer power Volcarona can get and can dent holes through many teams in the current metagame.

Last edited:
Why are there no threads that instead of focusing on one Pokemon it focuses on a whole archetype?

It would be nice to see peoples ideas and sets to explore a certain archetype whether it's sand, rain, hail, sun, trick room, stall and HO. It be cool to discuss each one's weaknesses and strengths and see how we can improve upon them.

Why are there no threads that instead of focusing on one Pokemon it focuses on a whole archetype?

It would be nice to see peoples ideas and sets to explore a certain archetype whether it's sand, rain, hail, sun, trick room, stall and HO. It be cool to discuss each one's weaknesses and strengths and see how we can improve upon them.
hey, there's not really any discussing hard stall or HO due to the breadth of the topic, but here's some great threads from the past few weeks doing that for rain, trick room, sand, and hail (which is just pinkinator's RMT but is excellent if you want to learn about hail).

rain - https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...usage-stats-in-post-1286.3672210/post-8661929
trick room/ general archetypes - https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...usage-stats-in-post-1286.3672210/post-8673853
sand - https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...usage-stats-in-post-1286.3672210/post-8666511
hail - https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...-2104-new-peak-ft-vanilluxe-swampert.3673996/

hey, there's not really any discussing hard stall or HO due to the breadth of the topic, but here's some great threads from the past few weeks doing that for rain, trick room, sand, and hail (which is just pinkinator's RMT but is excellent if you want to learn about hail).

rain - https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...usage-stats-in-post-1286.3672210/post-8661929
trick room/ general archetypes - https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...usage-stats-in-post-1286.3672210/post-8673853
sand - https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...usage-stats-in-post-1286.3672210/post-8666511
hail - https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...-2104-new-peak-ft-vanilluxe-swampert.3673996/
Thanks I knew about some of those but while you can discuss this stuff in the OU discussiom thread it's hard to really get people on board since it will buried with new posts about a different topic. This is where a thread that focuses on the topic could come in. So it's more of a suggestion but a question too I guess.

[/QUOTE]
Quiver Dance-sets of Volcarona are the best sets, as after a setup Volcarona is really threatening to a lot of common Pokemon in the tier. Sure a pure fat Volcarona is able to tackle Pheromosa, but you lose out the powerhouse aspect Volcarona is able to give you with a Boost due to Quiver Dance. Quiver Dance is easily the best move on Volcarona and when you got rid of the checks and counters this Set can easily tear holes into the opposing team. Also non-Quiver Dance-Volcarona can't bust through Pokemon such as Toxapex, Tapu Fini, and furthermore Blissey. It also gets hardstopped by too many Pokemon. Moltres, Heatran and Blissey are a great counterplay. But when these Pokemon are weakened severly and have to come into Volcarona 1 Quiver Dance-boost can make a big difference between making them vulnerable to Volcarona, or these Pokemon still stop Volcarona.

I think Quiver Dance-Sets are still the most viable option, due to the sheer power Volcarona can get and can dent holes through many teams in the current metagame.
thanks for the response! Let me rephrase my question though. I’m at the “I am gonna put a defensive Moltres in this slot” stage of building. I’m not looking for a sweeper in this slot. My question is more accurately what are the pros and cons of running a purely defensive Volcorona over the Moltres? They have such overlap with what they check + ability + movepool I was wondering if there’s any merit to run Volcorona instead to improve certain matchups.

Katy

Banned deucer.
thanks for the response! Let me rephrase my question though. I’m at the “I am gonna put a defensive Moltres in this slot” stage of building. I’m not looking for a sweeper in this slot. My question is more accurately what are the pros and cons of running a purely defensive Volcorona over the Moltres? They have such overlap with what they check + ability + movepool I was wondering if there’s any merit to run Volcorona instead to improve certain matchups.
Defensive Volcarona is a weird Pokemon, it can be run on Teams with Rillaboom as a partner, but defensive Volcarona can restrict teambuilding to very limited archetypes, Moltres on the other hands gives you way more space to teambuild with and Scorching Sands enables it to check Heatran, which Volcarona will have struggle with unless you run Safe Guard to avoid the Toxic from it. Moltres is in a better state in this case, as it gives you more flexibility in the teambuilding process already and defensive Volcarona is very niche, whereas Moltres is kind of a staple on bulkier teams as a Defog-option and as a great answer to Heatran, Pheromosa, and also Buzzwole.

Hey Smogon ! I recently made a fun tournament with some friends and in a match a player must to deconnect because he need to left some hours. I would like to recreate the same match situation (I see in a youtube video it’s possible when ABR was banned by Luigi and the match was recreate) can someone know the commande to do that please ?

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Hey Smogon ! I recently made a fun tournament with some friends and in a match a player must to deconnect because he need to left some hours. I would like to recreate the same match situation (I see in a youtube video it’s possible when ABR was banned by Luigi and the match was recreate) can someone know the commande to do that please ?
Recreates are usually only used for official tournament games with very specific sets of circumstances as they require a lot of resources and to be done on the SmogonTours server.

Shaymin Sky

We're locked out by Prof Klaus!
is a Community Contributor
Is celesteela completely outclassed?
I wouldn't say it's outclassed per say as nothing fits Celesteela's role quite like it, it's just that teams don't really have a need for it. There is no recovery other than leech seed no way to get hazards up and it can't throw out hazards because it needs the 4 standard moves (leech/flame/heavy slam/protect) so it struggles at crippling or chipping down the opponent long term. In general it's a good pokemon I'd say, but it just doesn't do much of anything of importance in games aside from being a great fsight tank and Tapu lele answer and being a wall. I will say though there are many teams atm that struggle to chip down Celesteela effectively, but the options to be able to do so are plentiful (some options are Heatran Tapu koko, and Magnezone).

I wouldn't say it's outclassed per say as nothing fits Celesteela's role quite like it, it's just that teams don't really have a need for it. There is no recovery other than leech seed no way to get hazards up and it can't throw out hazards because it needs the 4 standard moves (leech/flame/heavy slam/protect) so it struggles at crippling or chipping down the opponent long term. In general it's a good pokemon I'd say, but it just doesn't do much of anything of importance in games aside from being a great fsight tank and Tapu lele answer and being a wall. I will say though there are many teams atm that struggle to chip down Celesteela effectively, but the options to be able to do so are plentiful if you are aware of Celesteela's pressure against your team(some options are Heatran Tapu koko, and Magnezone).
Ty for ur answer

Zneon

uh oh
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Is celesteela completely outclassed?
I wouldn't say completely outclassed because some offensive sets like Autotomize can have a place on teams which is what differentiates itself from other Steel-types. However, unfortunately it really does struggle to fill a valuable niche outside of being a very niche Autotomize user from my experience making it a very hard mon to slot on teams. Defensively, its pretty outclassed by Corviknight due to its overreliance on Leech Seed and Leftovers for recovery despite its valuable typing and lack of utility outside of Leech Seed. Its pretty good offensively however. Its ability to check Kartana, Tapu Lele and Rillaboom is pretty good and works a lot in Celesteela's favour of being used, but in general its not really an easy Pokemon to really fit onto teams unfortunately as its also pretty easy to overwhelm it as its lack of reliable recovery leave it forced out by stuff like Heatran, Moltres, Zapdos and Cinderace.

I wouldn't say completely outclassed because some offensive sets like Autotomize can have a place on teams which is what differentiates itself from other Steel-types. However, unfortunately it really does struggle to fill a valuable niche outside of being a very niche Autotomize user from my experience. Defensively, its pretty outclassed by Corviknight due to its overreliance on Leech Seed and Leftovers for recovery despite its valuable typing and lack of utility outside of Leech Seed. Its pretty good offensively however. Its ability to check Kartana, Tapu Lele and Rillaboom is pretty good and works a lot in Celesteela's favour, but in general its not really an easy Pokemon to really fit onto teams unfortunately.

Ty for ur answer too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)