Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
is 7-1 a decent enough start for a suspect test?
This depends on your level, but keep in mind that the first games will have way more impact on your GXE and are also supposed to be the easiest ones as it's the bottom of the ladder. You really need to get a maximum of wins there to increase your chances and personally I always restart when I don't reach 10-0 at least. Now you can keep this account as it won't be impossible to reach the reqs with this start. It also depends on how much time you have and how much time you are willing to spend on this suspect. If this can help, reaching 80% GXE in 50 games is approximatively 40-10, but here again it depends on when you lost and what the GXE of your opponents were.

Just qualified for my first suspect test vote. I think I posted my screenshot in the right place but now I'm not sure how I'm supposed to actually cast a ballot. Anybody know how the voting works?

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
Just qualified for my first suspect test vote. I think I posted my screenshot in the right place but now I'm not sure how I'm supposed to actually cast a ballot. Anybody know how the voting works?
A thread will go up in blind voting when the deadline of the suspect test is reached (December 12 at 11:59 pm GMT-5). You'll get a notification when it happens and then you can cast your vote (which will be hidden until the result of the test is clear) by responding to the thread with "Kyurem: Ban" or "Kyurem: Do Not Ban". Everything will be explained in the OP of that thread too.

A thread will go up in blind voting when the deadline of the suspect test is reached (December 12 at 11:59 pm GMT-5). You'll get a notification when it happens and then you can cast your vote (which will be hidden until the result of the test is clear) by responding to the thread with "Kyurem: Ban" or "Kyurem: Do Not Ban". Everything will be explained in the OP of that thread too.
Do you know how/when I get confirmation that my eligibility is confirmed? It said not to play any more games on that account until it's confirmed so I haven't played any more games on it.

Colin

formerly BeardedDrakon
is a Tiering Contributor
LCPL Champion
it would be generous to call what I am doing teambuilding, but I am trying to make a lele-pult specs spam supported by a lando-scizor core and need a deffoger, and tornadus and corvik are kinda redundant.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
it would be generous to call what I am doing teambuilding, but I am trying to make a lele-pult specs spam supported by a lando-scizor core and need a deffoger, and tornadus and corvik are kinda redundant.
With Dragapult, Tapu Lele, Landorus-T, and Scizor, Corviknight or Tornadus-Therian are fine. Neither is redundant. Overlapping types is very much ok, especially given that their roles and defensive presences are vastly differentiates from other members.

Colin

formerly BeardedDrakon
is a Tiering Contributor
LCPL Champion
With Dragapult, Tapu Lele, Landorus-T, and Scizor, Corviknight or Tornadus-Therian are fine. Neither is redundant. Overlapping types is very much ok, especially given that their roles and defensive presences are vastly differentiates from other members.
thanks

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
what types of builds would you use for heatran and landorus on a sunny day team?
Hey, by Sunny Day team I assume you are referring to Sun teams which rely on using a Drought mon (almost always Torkoal) rather than the move Sunny Day. Sun teams can be either more balance kind of teams or more offensive teams. Balance types of Sun teams are using both defensive pivots like Blissey with Teleport, Corviknight and Landorus-T with U-turn or even Eject Button Toxapex alongside with powerful Sun Breakers like Venusaur, Heatran, Blacephalon and Victini for instance, and of course a Sun setter in Torkoal. More offensive types of Sun pair up offensive breakers and Sun abusers with Torkoal. For instance, I saw a team using Blacephalon + Scarf Eruption Heatran + Venusaur + Weavile alongside with Torkoal and Specially defensive Landorus-T. This is the kind of build you could try if you want to use a Sun team with Heatran and Lando-T.

Hey, by Sunny Day team I assume you are referring to Sun teams which rely on using a Drought mon (almost always Torkoal) rather than the move Sunny Day. Sun teams can be either more balance kind of teams or more offensive teams. Balance types of Sun teams are using both defensive pivots like Blissey with Teleport, Corviknight and Landorus-T with U-turn or even Eject Button Toxapex alongside with powerful Sun Breakers like Venusaur, Heatran, Blacephalon and Victini for instance, and of course a Sun setter in Torkoal. More offensive types of Sun pair up offensive breakers and Sun abusers with Torkoal. For instance, I saw a team using Blacephalon + Scarf Eruption Heatran + Venusaur + Weavile alongside with Torkoal and Specially defensive Landorus-T. This is the kind of build you could try if you want to use a Sun team with Heatran and Lando-T.
sorry for the lack of clarity. I started playing last weekend so i didn't realize how much the sun teams vary
also yes to the first part about sun team not sunny day team

the team is Torkoal/Heatran/Venusaur/Charizard/Lando-T/a fairy type
the main breaker is a solar power fast choice specs build charizard w/ weather ball as the main stab
venusaur relies mostly on growth w/ sunny day for a fast spa sweeper build
but other than that, i am not really sure what to put for heatran, Lando-T, and the fairy type

Colin

formerly BeardedDrakon
is a Tiering Contributor
LCPL Champion
occasionally I see people suggest t-wave melmetal, but I don't understand why it's good considering that all it usually manages in my games is forcing in walls which can't always weaken for its team. I see it enough to know that it's not a bad set, but I want to know what makes it stand out over other bulky pivots/bruisers.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
occasionally I see people suggest t-wave melmetal, but I don't understand why it's good considering that all it usually manages in my games is forcing in walls which can't always weaken for its team. I see it enough to know that it's not a bad set, but I want to know what makes it stand out over other bulky pivots/bruisers.
Getting a timely paralysis on Corviknight, Toxapex, Skarmory, Slowbro, etc. can go a long way towards breaking through or gaining momentum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)