Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Not that I'm complaining but is the Chinese Weavile suspect shorter than usual? Why is that?
We felt it only needed one weekend after the inclusion on multiple surveys + the fact that I received close to a m consensus in the most recent survey

Works cleanly with the rest of our calendar for the future as well

Hi, not sure if this is the best place to ask this since I'm fairly new here. I'm looking for reliable ways of dealing with Volcarona. I've considered using Power Gem on Scarf Gholdengo, or Acrobatics with Roaring Moon but I'm not that convinced. Any insight you guys may have would be appreciated.

Hi, not sure if this is the best place to ask this since I'm fairly new here. I'm looking for reliable ways of dealing with Volcarona. I've considered using Power Gem on Scarf Gholdengo, or Acrobatics with Roaring Moon but I'm not that convinced. Any insight you guys may have would be appreciated.
Skerelidge and Couldsire are very consistent walls for Volcarona.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Skeledirge and Clodsire as mentioned below, but also Dragonite is good if no Tera Fairy, Cinderace is good for checking/stopping it once depending on Tera type, Toxic bulky Garchomp does well, and Rain teams tend to largely dwarf it

Ceruledge completely owns Volcarona, especially the bulky Volc variants that run mono-Fire as their attacking options since they're 100% walled. Thermal Exchange Baxcalibur is also a reasonably decent option into Volc, especially if you Tera Dragon and get the Fire resistance. You can see that one in practice here: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ou-672487

And of course, all the previously mentioned options work well

Is there going to be a “heat” thread similar to this one from Gen 8? I always like reading about people’s creative sets even if they aren’t super viable.

What is up with these new pokemon names like ROARING MOON and IRON HANDS? They are so bad surely they could have come up with something actually pokemon-y

Tera Dark Clodsire and SpDef Tera Dark Skeledirge are probably the two Pokemon you could call consistent counters. In theory SpDef Skeledirge is supposed to be able to win without Tera but if they have Protect things can get dicey, and it's even worse if they have Light Screen up. God forbid it's Tera Fire because then you definitely lose... Ting-Lu can Whirlwind it repeatedly, but if it's the last mon left then you need to have another answer.

Depending on whether Espathra carries Protect, Sub, or Roost, and which Tera type it opts for changes the counterplay pretty significantly. I think Tera Dark Clod and Skele are the only truly reliable answers, where as long as you keep them remotely healthy (and preserve your Tera) you shouldn't have to worry about Espathra.

I also think this bird is broken and needs to go, but for now that's what I'm using to get by :blobshrug:

Tera Dark Clodsire and SpDef Tera Dark Skeledirge are probably the two Pokemon you could call consistent counters. In theory SpDef Skeledirge is supposed to be able to win without Tera but if they have Protect things can get dicey, and it's even worse if they have Light Screen up. God forbid it's Tera Fire because then you definitely lose... Ting-Lu can Whirlwind it repeatedly, but if it's the last mon left then you need to have another answer.

Depending on whether Espathra carries Protect, Sub, or Roost, and which Tera type it opts for changes the counterplay pretty significantly. I think Tera Dark Clod and Skele are the only truly reliable answers, where as long as you keep them remotely healthy (and preserve your Tera) you shouldn't have to worry about Espathra.

I also think this bird is broken and needs to go, but for now that's what I'm using to get by :blobshrug:
I see, thanks for your quick answer !

I've seen some teams using Eject Button and I don't really understand why it's good - I haven't been able to use it effectively personally, likely due to my inexperience.

It's often used on slower pokemon too, so it means they can be forced to pass their turn. I was watching a video where the player would actively have to work around having an Eject Button (they wanted to use Amoonguss to Spore an opposing Dragonite, but couldn't do that until later in the game after they consumed the Eject Button).

I've also played with this team made by Vert & Mimikyu Stardust (forum post / pokepaste), and I found the Eject Button on Hatterene just felt annoying.

Can someone let me know what I'm missing & any tips on how to use Eject Button effectively?

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I've seen some teams using Eject Button and I don't really understand why it's good - I haven't been able to use it effectively personally, likely due to my inexperience.

It's often used on slower pokemon too, so it means they can be forced to pass their turn. I was watching a video where the player would actively have to work around having an Eject Button (they wanted to use Amoonguss to Spore an opposing Dragonite, but couldn't do that until later in the game after they consumed the Eject Button).

I've also played with this team made by Vert & Mimikyu Stardust (forum post / pokepaste), and I found the Eject Button on Hatterene just felt annoying.

Can someone let me know what I'm missing & any tips on how to use Eject Button effectively?
You set up sun, go into Hatt to 1. soak a hit 2. deny hazards the eject button activates either then or next turn if hit because the lefties isn't revealed in the second scenario. sun is still up while you can use one of the Sun abusers. It's a one-time pivoting tool for faster paced teams.

Edit: Turn 6-7 in the following replay is how it's suppose to function.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)