Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers UU Edition

What are common Scarfers in UU?
Take a look at this thread, you'll find a section for scarf users. Out of these, I'd say Pokemon like Gardevoir, Chandelure, and Darmanitan are fairly common scarfers you can run into on ladder. Rillaboom was a pretty common Scarfer but CB and SD sets have become a lot more popular nowadays. Generally speaking, most teams in UU rely on priority, T-Wave, and faster Pokemon like Noivern for Speed control but some of those in that thread can be worth using when needed. I hope this helps.

If Rillaboom goes to OU, would Thwacky be a suitable replacement? Kinda upset that if Rillaboom goes, so does my favorite playstyle.

If Rillaboom goes to OU, would Thwacky be a suitable replacement? Kinda upset that if Rillaboom goes, so does my favorite playstyle.
Well, it did rise and some of the UU community believe you could use Thwackey just to enable terrain for Grassy Seed Necro/Reuni to do their usual thing. Ofc this is speculation so you will have to try for yourself

For Inteleon which is the better of its 2 abilities? Both of them seem pretty niche if you aren't doing a Focus Energy set so it shouldn't matter too much, but I figured I'd ask since both will come up from time to time. And on the note of the Focus Energy set, is it that much worse than Specs?

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
For Inteleon which is the better of its 2 abilities? Both of them seem pretty niche if you aren't doing a Focus Energy set so it shouldn't matter too much, but I figured I'd ask since both will come up from time to time. And on the note of the Focus Energy set, is it that much worse than Specs?
Neither ability is necessarily "better" overall but Torrent is certainly better on Specs sets. The added power allows you to perform ridiculous feats (think ohkoing sylveon) if you're in Torrent range and is overall more universally useful than Sniper.

The Sniper set w/ Focus Energy hasn't been explored much since it was released around the time Keldeo dropped to UU, which gave Inteleon huge competition. Feel free to try it out and report your findings, though :3

Flailing your arms around and panicking.

By which I mean you need to scout its set. If it lacks Shadow Ball. Skarmory can wall it and Whirlwind it away. If it lacks Close Combat a strong Knock off (be ware of Kings Shield) will dent it massively even in shield form.

Scouting it's set and applying offensive pressure are the best ways to handle it.

Looking at the early usage stats for UU Alpha, I wonder why these two (Inteleon and Duraludon) are being used THIS much and if they have a legitimate niche of some sort, or if they're just overhyped noobtraps.

| 13 | Inteleon | 8.872% |
| 19 | Duraludon | 7.420% |

Inteleon I can maybe see why beacuse of its good offenses and nice speed stat, but I'm curious about Duraludon.
Duraludon make two parts of the fairy dragon steel core so it is overused

I've been looking into Rhyperior sets and I see that they normally run 16 atk and 24 spe. What benchmarks do these EVs hit?

Moutemoute

Error 404
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
I've been looking into Rhyperior sets and I see that they normally run 16 atk and 24 spe. What benchmarks do these EVs hit?
16 EVs in attack alongside an Adamant nature is a jump point in the stat while 24 EVs in speed allows Rhyperior to outspeed 0/4 EVs speed Araquanid.

Moutemoute

Error 404
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Forgive me for my ignorance, what do you mean by a jump point?
Basically Rhyperior with 12 EVs alongside Adamant nature has 350 attack and with 16 EVs and the same nature it has 352. So basically with 4 EVs you get 2 points in the stat instead of 1, that's what we call a "jump point". Hope it's clear enough.

Lily

is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Forgive me for my ignorance, what do you mean by a jump point?
In stat calculations, your pokemon's nature gives it a 10% boost to one stat and a 10% decrease in another (unless it's neutral-natured, which means it doesn't get boosted or decreased at all). Every 4 EVs typically gives you 1 extra point in any given stat, but with the nature factored in, at some point you have to gain 2 points to account for the 10% boost. A jump point refers to the point at which you get a 10% boost and therefore 2 extra stats.
For example:

As you can see, my Pokemon gains 2 extra Speed points in this scenario bc it has a Timid nature.

The reason for this jump point in this case is not really concrete, though. It just gives Rhyperior a little extra oomph behind its attacks, so it's not necessary - a lot of people will instead run 252 Special Defense EVs with a Careful nature to better check the likes of Toxtricity and Noivern. Hope this helps a little!

edit: sniped. perdemos

I would like to make a volt turn / pivot heavy team. How can I make this team better?

Toxtricity @ Choice Specs
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Snarl
- Volt Switch

Incineroar (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 28 SpA / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- U-turn

Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Roost

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Toxic
- Protect

Necrozma @ Lum Berry
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake
- Moonlight

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

I would like to make a volt turn / pivot heavy team. How can I make this team better?

Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Snarl
- Volt Switch

Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- U-turn

Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Roost

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Toxic
- Protect

Necrozma @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake
- Moonlight

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
Wouldn't this be suited for the RMT forum?

Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Snarl
- Volt Switch

Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- U-turn

Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Roost

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Toxic
- Protect

Necrozma @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake
- Moonlight

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
Wouldn't this be suited for the RMT forum?
Probably. However, if you do post that there, make sure to follow the rules and guidelines for the RMT forum!!

Which is a better Choice Band user, Terrakion or Lycanrock-Dusk? Terra has higher attack and STAB on CC, but Lycan gets Tough Claws Accelerock, which is really nice, along with higher speed and Psychic Fangs to damage Weezing-G. I'm currently running Lycan with Accel/CC/SE/PF, and it's pretty great but would Terrakion do its job better?

Lily

UU Leader
Which is a better Choice Band user, Terrakion or Lycanrock-Dusk? Terra has higher attack and STAB on CC, but Lycan gets Tough Claws Accelerock, which is really nice, along with higher speed and Psychic Fangs to damage Weezing-G. I'm currently running Lycan with Accel/CC/SE/PF, and it's pretty great but would Terrakion do its job better?
Neither is really objectively better than the other, though most people prefer Terrakion for its added bulk and Justified, which makes it a good way to punish Knock Off from things like Obstagoon and Krookodile. Lycanroc's access to priority and a higher speed tier means it's a perfectly fine choice too, though. The best thing to do in order to determine which is better for your team is to just test both and see which one works better for you - not really a simple answer, but it's the easiest solution :<

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)