Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers UU Edition

And hours of teambuilding frustrations prevented! Finally, does Araquarid have any use outside of webs? It seems to make a decent Keldo check, and I can see some infestation shenanigans but I'm not sure.
I have used Araquanid as a bulky check to Keldeo and it works alright, but Seismitoad defensively or Primarina offensively is a much better option if you're trying to have something for Keldeo specifically. This is the set I used, that I've used on other teams in the past:

Araquanid @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Protect
- Toxic
- Sticky Web
- Liquidation

I call it the Fat Spider spread, and it can tank special attacks pretty well including multiple Volt Switches from Rotoms. But it is 100% not standard and I wouldn't recommend using it unless you can really navigate it well. This is an example of a team I use it on:

1618447009039.png

As you can see, the rest of the team is very heavily offensive and can take advantage of the webs well. Additionally, Araquanid acts as the only real check to Keldeo so it helps out on that end as well.

If you are going for a bulky offense team though, there is no point in using Araquanid, even as a defensive check to Keldeo. Primarina, Seismitoad, Gastrodon, etc. are all much better options.

Thank y'all so much, I had no idea how much I was limiting my options. Why didn't I think Gastrodoon?

And honestly, I was under the impression that Secret Sword was physical, and was used as a mixup option for specs. That...limited me more

Thank y'all so much, I had no idea how much I was limiting my options. Why didn't I think Gastrodoon?

And honestly, I was under the impression that Secret Sword was physical, and was used as a mixup option for specs. That...limited me more
Just a little clarification, secret sword does indeed do physical damage while using keldeo's special atk, so mons like chansey can't reliably wall it
That is something to keep in mind.

Are there any suspects in the foreseeable future?
We were promised a Victini re-test at some point, but not sure where that is on the priority wagon. There doesn't seem to be anything egregious atm in the tier (some people think Glowbro is unhealthy tho), but maybe we will get another survey sometime soon to get people's thoughts.

What made lycanroc rock banned in the dlc 1 meta, but not dlc 2 and why did the reverse happen for terrakion?
Lycanroc on dlc 1 had an incredible movepool with coverage for most of the physical walls that walled Terrakion like Palossand, Weezing-G and Slowbro, and it was faster, had priority with Accelerock and Tough Claws. On DLC 2 most of these walls disappeared for Terrakion and some walls for Lycanroc did appear like Tangrowth or Amoonguss, meanwhile Terrak either had coverage for them or smashed them with his STABs. As easy as it was to revenge kill Terrakion, everytime it got to +2 something died for sure.

It is like we were supposed to get urshifu-r a couple months back but he rose in usage. A meta can easily change in 2 months. We never knew we were gonna lose bisharp but here we are

Here's a question - wtf was Regielekki doing in OU to begin with? Won't it get hurt up there?

Seriously, I never really saw the merit,but I like to stick to UU

Noob killer, it destroys unprepared teams or do not utizlize their ground type correctly or by keeping it healthy. In UU it may suck, cuz we have rhyperior, seismitoad, krookodile, and nidoqueen which are very good counters and we have AV tang by walling every move

Here's a question - wtf was Regielekki doing in OU to begin with? Won't it get hurt up there?

Seriously, I never really saw the merit,but I like to stick to UU
It's the fastest screen setter (besides Grimmsnarl w/ Prankster), and can go boom for momentum unlike Grimm. That's probably what it would also primarily do in UU if it were to come down here, as the offensive sets are easily walled by Ground types.

Right, its ability makes it hit really hard when it's able to land it. Guess it really will get hurt up there.

Why are pokemon like slowbro-g and keldeo not being suspected. You need to run many pokemon just to be able to stop them from just rolling over your team. Keldeo just fires of a nuke every time it comes in and you need 2 pokemon to counter it, 1 for the water stabs and 1 for secret sword, such as tangrowth and Hatterene. Even then with rocks up secret sword will out damage the amount that tangrowth heals from regenerator and most fighting resist get slapped by hydro pump. Even then it carries scald more often which threaten many pokemon with residual chip and cripples any physical offensive pressence they had and can be used as set up fother such as tangrowth or tapu bulu.

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 8 Def Tangrowth: 169-201 (41.8 - 49.7%) -- 86.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Tangrowth: 230-271 (56.9 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 36 SpD Amoonguss: 154-182 (35.6 - 42.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
Basically Amoonguss if it is not at full hp is getting 2hko'ed
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Salamence: 160-189 (48.3 - 57%) -- 91.4% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tapu Bulu: 139-164 (49.4 - 58.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Grassy Terrain recovery

This shows that even salamence and tapu bulu are not safe switch in, a resist and a pretty bulky one.

Slowbro-g is another story, it litterally has 0 true counter in the tier since nothing can really switch in and those who can just eat a sludge bomb poison like seismitoad, gastrodon, and milotic, scald burns to krookodile, tangrowth, jirachi, and aegislash, or are set up fother like chansey, umbreon, and milotic. This shows that many pokemon just cannot switch in to check it and its supposed counters are set up on. While aegislash can both switch in and threaten it with its sub toxic set, it is crippled by a burn which limits it in a long term game and is only one pokemon who can counter it.

Why are pokemon like slowbro-g and keldeo not being suspected. You need to run many pokemon just to be able to stop them from just rolling over your team. Keldeo just fires of a nuke every time it comes in and you need 2 pokemon to counter it, 1 for the water stabs and 1 for secret sword, such as tangrowth and Hatterene. Even then with rocks up secret sword will out damage the amount that tangrowth heals from regenerator and most fighting resist get slapped by hydro pump. Even then it carries scald more often which threaten many pokemon with residual chip and cripples any physical offensive pressence they had and can be used as set up fother such as tangrowth or tapu bulu.

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 8 Def Tangrowth: 169-201 (41.8 - 49.7%) -- 86.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Tangrowth: 230-271 (56.9 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 36 SpD Amoonguss: 154-182 (35.6 - 42.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Salamence: 160-189 (48.3 - 57%) -- 91.4% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tapu Bulu: 139-164 (49.4 - 58.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Grassy Terrain recovery

This shows that even salamence and tapu bulu are not safe switch in, a resist and a pretty bulky one.

Slowbro-g is another story, it litterally has 0 true counter in the tier since nothing can really switch in and those who can just eat a sludge bomb poison like seismitoad, gastrodon, and milotic, scald burns to krookodile, tangrowth, jirachi, and aegislash, or are set up fother like chansey, umbreon, and milotic. This shows that many pokemon just cannot switch in to check it and its supposed counters are set up on. While aegislash can both switch in and threaten it with its sub toxic set, it is crippled by a burn which limits it in a long term game and is only one pokemon who can counter it.
Well I cant say much for Glowbro, but I'm far more concerned about Primarina than Keldeo. The tier has enough checks for it, unlike Primarina, who nukes any water switch in with moonblast, or just 1v1s its supposed 'checks' like amoonguss or av tangrowth. Primarina and Slowbro-Galar both are probably being looked at by council, but until then, not much WE can do but wait and see.

Well I cant say much for Glowbro, but I'm far more concerned about Primarina than Keldeo. The tier has enough checks for it, unlike Primarina, who nukes any water switch in with moonblast, or just 1v1s its supposed 'checks' like amoonguss or av tangrowth. Primarina and Slowbro-Galar both are probably being looked at by council, but until then, not much WE can do but wait and see.
forgot about primarina, ladder rarely plays primarina so i just assumed that keldeo was better. Yeah, specs moonblast and torrent hydro pump and real nukes, basicly 1v1 any pokemon not called chansey which is still 2hko'ed by torrent hydro pump

Bro this is not really a simple question lol. This is more of a post for the NP thread if you think something is becoming a problem in the metagame and want to spark discussion on it. I will refrain from giving an opinion so that this thread doesn't turn into a discussion thread, but I recommend you post something similar like this into the NP thread if you really want people to start talking about it.

Reactions: Rae
I saw in the results from the recent surveys that there would be a Mew suspect soon. When exactly will that be happening?
I don't think there are any specific times that the council announces. I knew a lot of people don't like light clay, so that might happen first, but i'm not a council member

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)