Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
What’s the best way to deal with a Glimmora lead?
between some of the taunt users (Pivots like Iron Bundle and Miraidon) and the abundance of good Rapid Spinners, you should be able to deal with it one way or another. Iron Treads is particularly good because it can slow Rapid Spin->Earthquake and keep it to at maximum 1 entry hazard; that's IF the Glimmora user blows Tera, btw.

Prikki

formerly AtomicFish
I’ve been stagnant for about two weeks at about 1300 on the ladder. What can I do to improve, if not to continue playing?

Liligant~!

Banned deucer.
I've played some games on the ubers ladder, how do I deal with miraidon? Its really hard to deal with, especially with tera still being able to break through ting lu

Prikki

formerly AtomicFish
I've played some games on the ubers ladder, how do I deal with miraidon? Its really hard to deal with, especially with tera still being able to break through ting lu
You and everybody else. It depends on the set, but there are a few consistent answers.
Clodsire and Iron Treads can reliably check sets that lack Draco Meteor and Overheat respectively.
Flutter Mane in sun can outspeed most sets.
Iron Bundle can outspeed it reliably and damage a Miraidon for about 70%.
Choice Scarf Koraidon can threaten an OHKO with Dragon Claw.
Your own Miraidon can speed tie and terastallize to take a Draco Meteor and OHKO with its own.

Obviously some of these will no longer check as easily if it Terastallizes, but a big part of Ubers is forcing your opponent to Terastallize at some point so that they cannot Terastallize at better times on better Pokemon, like Miraidon against a Dragon-type move by your own Koraidon or Miraidon.

Liligant~!

Banned deucer.
Thanks, also I was thinking of running a sun team, but there are so many protosynthesis mons so I dont know which ones are better. Are there any example teams or common mons present on sun? Or is sun not very good

Prikki

formerly AtomicFish
Thanks, also I was thinking of running a sun team, but there are so many protosynthesis mons so I dont know which ones are better. Are there any example teams or common mons present on sun? Or is sun not very good
Sun is definitely viable in Ubers.
The Protosynthesis Pokemon that can be considered usable in Ubers are Great Tusk, Flutter Mane, Scream Tail, Roaring Moon, Slither Wing, and Brute Bonnet. An honorable mention goes to Chi-Yu as it makes its water weakness less apparent and, more importantly, boosts its fire moves.

Sun in Ubers often requires offensive playstyles since Pellipper- and to lesser extents Tyranitar and Hippowdon- are common and kill your sun, and Heat Rock Koraidon is not good. You need to make absolutely certain that you can capitalize on the short time your sun is active, as wasting time and bringing in your sun setter (Usually Koraidon) gives it more time to be hurt.

The core that I used for a while was Koraidon, Slither Wing, and Chi-Yu, more details of which can be found here.

With the Griseous Orb and the Griseous Core being two separate items now and only the latter allowing Giratina-O to exist, I figured I'd ask this immeasurably stupid question:

Does Giratina-O still get the 1.2x STAB boost alongside its forme change with the Griseous Core (in other words; is the new Griseous Orb just a way to have a 1.2x STAB multiplier on Giratina-A?), or did Giratina-O effectively catch a slight nerf?

Does Giratina-O still get the 1.2x STAB boost alongside its forme change with the Griseous Core (in other words; is the new Griseous Orb just a way to have a 1.2x STAB multiplier on Giratina-A?), or did Giratina-O effectively catch a slight nerf?
No, Griseous Core works like the old Griseous Orb, so what this means is that Giratina-A effectively got a slight buff that it would never use.
1685951947344.png

1685951974614.png

Yes it was a very easy question to answer

I'm wondering about the (relative lack) of viability for Rayquaza, Palkia (even Origin), and Dialga. For Dialga, the prescence of several good Ground-types for instance hurts it a lot, but what else is there? For the other two, I wonder if the prescence of both Zacian-C and other Dragons like Koraidon, Miraidon, and Eternatus hurt them in terms of either checking/countering them or facing competition.

Nyx

Anyways - so then I cursed her.
is a Site Content Manageris a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I'm wondering about the (relative lack) of viability for Rayquaza, Palkia (even Origin), and Dialga. For Dialga, the prescence of several good Ground-types for instance hurts it a lot, but what else is there? For the other two, I wonder if the prescence of both Zacian-C and other Dragons like Koraidon, Miraidon, and Eternatus hurt them in terms of either checking/countering them or facing competition.
Rayquaza suffers from a combination of being too slow relative to the other physical breakers in the tier (notably Koraidon and Zacian-C), being unable to hit Corviknight and suffering from severe four move slot syndrome. It’s an okay choice on hyper offense builds but it’s niche at best. Palkia is entirely outclassed by its Origin form hence its low viability, Origin isn’t a bad Pokémon in its own right and is a solid Kyogre check, but is let down by Sun being up often enough that Hydro Pump is not reliable, and at that point, it’s outclassed as an offensive Dragon on a lotta teams

Rayquaza suffers from a combination of being too slow relative to the other physical breakers in the tier (notably Koraidon and Zacian-C), being unable to hit Corviknight and suffering from severe four move slot syndrome. It’s an okay choice on hyper offense builds but it’s niche at best. Palkia is entirely outclassed by its Origin form hence its low viability, Origin isn’t a bad Pokémon in its own right and is a solid Kyogre check, but is let down by Sun being up often enough that Hydro Pump is not reliable, and at that point, it’s outclassed as an offensive Dragon on a lotta teams
Does Origin gain any valuable speed tiers with the extra 20 Base over original Palkia, since it calls for the Item slot and thus locks out some power boosters or Scarf access? It seems like a lot of high relevance mons would still outrun it like the Bike Dragons, Zacian, Mewtwo, and Eternatus. Is speed-tying the offensive Arceus forms that significant for it compared to the item options available to base Palkia as to "entirely outclass" said form?

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Does Origin gain any valuable speed tiers with the extra 20 Base over original Palkia, since it calls for the Item slot and thus locks out some power boosters or Scarf access? It seems like a lot of high relevance mons would still outrun it like the Bike Dragons, Zacian, Mewtwo, and Eternatus. Is speed-tying the offensive Arceus forms that significant for it compared to the item options available to base Palkia as to "entirely outclass" said form?
There are a few things it gains, such as being faster than non-max speed arc forms + speed tying with the fastest ones. But in general, base Palkia is kinda bad and dislikes being locked into any move anyway, and having this new speed tier just makes it more usable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)