Slowbro

Rugged Helm on defensive sets works pretty well, especially since you'll be switching into physical fighting attacks a lot and 1/6 passive damage really adds up.

Well I primarily use a CM sweeper that always runs Slack Off, Calm Mind, Surf/Boiling Water, and Psychic/Psycho Shock. I loved using it in OU. But as in most cases...

Boiling water is almost always preferred due to burn support (duh), unless you have toxic spikes in which case you would only be hitting flyers, poisons, and steels.

Slack off? YES. Why the hell not?

Eh. Yawn or Thunderwave? Well, do you have a breloom? Do you have a sleep inducer of any sort? If not then sure Yawn isn't a bad idea. If you have some slower sweepers that need thunder wave support, use thunder wave. If you don't need to worry about being outsped or if your team has no use for spreading paralysis, then no need for T-wave. Its all about team synergy with these two, not whats better.
Well the main reason why Slack Off is even considered to not be used is because you have Regeneration + Lefties already. I understand that Slack Off is an instant 50% heal though, and it doesn't force you to switch to use, but I think that if you can manage on Regeneration + Lefties instead, you can free up a moveslot for either coverage or support.

Eh. Even with regeneration and lefties, I see the awesomeness of that near 50% boost just from that... But seeing as I run him as a CM sweeper, I would never want to switch him to heal and drop those stat raises unless I knew I was going to get swept if I left him in.

Throw an anti-weather somewhere. By using the move hail you basically negate weather effects. And, your basically screwed if Politoed, Ninetales, Sand stream sweeper is gone.

been using this with the slack off/flamethrower/boiling water/toxic set above and it's great, i love it. i'll change boiling water to surf (the only advantages it has over surf imo is when you break subs and you have the 30% chance to burn rather than waiting for it to sub up again and using up lum berries). i use lefties too, i don't think rugged helmet will help so much bareing in mind the amount of contact moves there are, although it will help counter fighting types.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
It's very disappointing that he doesn't get waterfall/aqua tail. If he did, he may be able to pull off a belly drum set on a trick room team.

breh

強いだね
It's very disappointing that he doesn't get waterfall/aqua tail. If he did, he may be able to pull off a belly drum set on a trick room team.
TBH this is better suited to Slowking. They have negligible stat differences and the inability to predict the latter is far greater.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
What EV's should a bold slowbro with HP electric run. Should I just max out defense and hp?? Also, what should I put the last 4 EV's in (I want to have an ideal leftovers number).

Slowbro should always run Max HP / Max Def with a Bold nature. The only exception is SpecsBro, who does just fine with Max HP / Max SpA Modest.

Slowbro is so pro, i love him in my TR tam since he can just use TR and sweep, scald and flamethrower is great for haxy burn support, but the fact that he can just return and set the TR over and over again is just perfect (also, for ome reason, people don't think slowbro uses psyquic and they swich fighting types to use him as a set up fodder, bad idea, and not even he counters almost every fighting type in the game, he doesn't die, not a lot of physical things can OHKO him at max HP

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Flamethrower should be on EVERY set for dealing with ferrothorn (and scizor). If not, he's switching in on you every time pretty easily.

Flamethrower should be on EVERY set for dealing with ferrothorn (and scizor). If not, he's switching in on you every time pretty easily.
Well STAB Surf/Scald hits Scizor almost as hard and you have to switch out of Scizor anyway. Ferrothorn doesn't particularly enjoy risking a burn from Scald, but yeah Flamethrower cooks him.

Well STAB Surf/Scald hits Scizor almost as hard and you have to switch out of Scizor anyway. Ferrothorn doesn't particularly enjoy risking a burn from Scald, but yeah Flamethrower cooks him.
Uh STAB Surf is 95x1.5=142.5, Flamethrower is 95x4=380. That's more than twice as much damage, hardly 'almost as hard'.

I guess Scizor is a pretty decent switching to Slowbro for the free U-Turn so Flamethrower on the switch is good, not to mention an overall good move that gives him something to use in the sun.

Slowbro (and Slowking) are the ONLY specially inclined water-type OU Pokemon that has access to Flamethrower, and that should be a big deal, one of it's niche even. I strongly agree that it should always be used to deal with all those grass and steel types resisting your STABs.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Slowbro DOES get Aqua Tail...
Yes, but he doesn't get them BOTH.

Also, just wanted to add that he also gets fire blast as well. If you want extra damage, it's available, but I prefer accurate moves.

Another thing I wanted to add is that trick is illegal with regenerator, which is unfortunate...

It's nice to have options. Aqua tail for those of us who feel like being 'risky', and waterfall is a solid STAB move for those of us who like to play it safe.
Nice =/= necessary. I hardly see how 10% would really matter if you wanted to go for a set, although I'm not sure if it can pull off Belly Drum that well anyway.

It's nice to have options. Aqua tail for those of us who feel like being 'risky', and waterfall is a solid STAB move for those of us who like to play it safe.
I'd rather use one move or the other rather than both in this instance. I'd go with Aqua Tail since Slowbro is too slow to take advantage of the flinch chance and it's bulky enough to afford the occasional miss from Aqua Tail, assuming it recovers before attacking.

Slowbro is so pro, i love him in my TR tam since he can just use TR and sweep, scald and flamethrower is great for haxy burn support, but the fact that he can just return and set the TR over and over again is just perfect (also, for ome reason, people don't think slowbro uses psyquic and they swich fighting types to use him as a set up fodder, bad idea, and not even he counters almost every fighting type in the game, he doesn't die, not a lot of physical things can OHKO him at max HP
A Trick Room Snorlax set with Flamethrower, Scald, Psychic... what Nature is that?

Personally I'd prefer Relaxed Calm Mind...
Something like this?:
-Calm Mind
-Scald/Surf
-Psychic/Slack Off
-Trick Room
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator

It was hard fitting in Slack Off in there because while switching gets Regenerator ready, it also erases your CM boosts. Also, having Surf or Scald as a lone attack leaves you walled by Jellicent and Vaporeon if Slack Off is used.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)