Smeargle @ Choice Scarf
Own Tempo
Timid
252 Hp/4 Def/252 Spd
-Parting Shot
-Lunar Dance
-Destiny Bond
-Trick

Taunt generally isn't going to be used with a Scarf set, so the only Taunters that this set needs to watch for are Sableye, Thunderus-I, and Deoxys-S. Smeargle doesn't need to attack, and Trick is the only move that leaves it in after the turn is over (assuming Destiny Bond works correctly), so slower Taunts really aren't an issue. The trick is in making sure that your follow up Pokemon isn't too badly hurt by the taunt.

Parting Shot allows for some momentum to build on your side, as it makes it easier for the switch in to set up. I've often had a Grass-type come in, expecting a Spore, and have been able to go to someone who can set up on them. Espeon isn't an issue, as Parting Shot forces it out, and leaves you free to continue on in the next turn.

There's not much difference between Lunar Dance and Healing Wish as far as I've been able to tell, except for the fact that it restores PP. Either way, it works amazingly in the late game.

Destiny Bond works very well with proper timing, especially in the late game. If the Charizard, Pinsir, Aegislash, or whatever it is that you'd otherwise have trouble with takes the bait, then congratulations, there's a good chance that you've debunked your opponent's end game strategy.

Trick is Trick. If you don't need to out-speed to use the other three moves, then that's one pokemon ruined.

I've used the Entry Hazard set, and this set far outranks it as far as utility and synergy goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)