Smeargle's 9th Annnnual Secret Santa!

thank you so much HONK!! it's everything i hoped it would be and more! great choice of pokemon too heheh. hope you like my rendition of your request

also congrats to all other people, everything looks great, but i gotta say my favorite is the astronauts with the miniors one. that's A+

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Good gracious, LifeisDANK! I honestly couldn't possibly be happier right now. You absolutely nailed it!
Yet another amazing custom Chandelure artwork that I'll treasure in my personal collection. It's my mascot after all!
I got genuinely richly blessed again this year after I got that amazing custom Chandelure Pokémon Showdown! wallpaper from monomite last year!

My genuine gratitude also extends to everyone that contributed to this amazing annual community event.
It's always nice to see people exchanging gifts that come from the heart. Nicely done everyone!

I also welcome the opportunity to express nothing but my best wishes for the holiday persiod for everyone, their families and friends!

Best holiday greetings.

thank you so much HONK!! it's everything i hoped it would be and more! great choice of pokemon too heheh. hope you like my rendition of your request

also congrats to all other people, everything looks great, but i gotta say my favorite is the astronauts with the miniors one. that's A+
You are welcome, have a honktastic day OvO

Blueforce

Ungood
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Honk got the raptor request? :RIGGED:

I knew it was your request right away Blueforce . Hope you like it :D
#Forktios
She's beautiful, thanks so much Bzxt c;

Edit:
Neat to see all the different styles. Loving the flames on LifeisDANK's Chandelure, and that Archeops has sass

LifeisDANK

Bird Enthusiast
is a Top Artistis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
TO : Hulavuta
Please recreate the album art of Miles Davis' Birth of the Cool, but replace Miles himself with the Cool Porygonplaying Trumpet, complete with hands and sunglasses, and change the title to "Birth of the Cool Porygon"

1545768268137.png

--
TO Most
FROM Cretacerus
-Marshtomp and Prinplup looking for/finding an oasis in the desert.

1545768717997.png

--
TO chuckeroo777
FROM Mova
-My request is an Egyptian style Volcarona

1545768836212.png

---
TO Cretacerus
FROM Moon
-Tyrunt and Amaura celebrating Christmas each in their own unique way.

---
TO ...ME!
FROM chuckeroo777
-birb pokemon

1545769003051.png

I LOVE THIS THANK YOU SO MUCH im glad they are deocrating the tree so nicely
---
TO HONK
FROM Doomsday
-My request would be a Pokémon trainer, and he’s training the archeops like how Owen trains the raptors in Jurassic world.

1545769101844.png

--
TO HotFuzzBall
FROM Blueforce
-i would like a lunala and cosmog (if you wanna do it, then add cosmoem) in a winter-themed setting, thanks!

--
TO vzxt
FROM Most
-For this Winter Solstice I want an image of an Infernape training in the harsh Himalayan Winter.

1545769615229.png

--

TO Mova
FROM Gravity Monkey
-Oh, I just remembered! I'd like a Melmetal with foreground text that says "BIG GUY", if that's okay.
1545769778708.png

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Damn Megapoketalecreed that is some seriously awesome art. You really rock! I honestly expected something ridiculous, like a Porygon with some silly Pyukumuku-type hands popping out, but a human with a Porygon head is seriously inspired. Love the pastel (?) work too, those extremely dynamic shadows give it a strong vintage edge. I'm definitely gonna use this as an avatar or something. I'm sure that both my friends who are fans of Jazz and my friends who are fans of Cool Porygon will enjoy it.

TO Mova
FROM Gravity Monkey
-Oh, I just remembered! I'd like a Melmetal with foreground text that says "BIG GUY", if that's okay.
Was this supposed to be some kind of "A Big Guy For You" setup

Awesome work as usual everyone; I know I'm not that active on Smogon anymore but Secret Santa is always something I look forward to participating in every year so I'm glad to be part of it once again. Have a Merry Christmas y'all! :heart:

man, i am terrible at backgrounds so I chose to focus on the action itself, but i still wish i'd started earlier to proper shade it. still, it was a great request and i had fun doing it!!!

also: initially i was going for a more humorous tone, but since I didnt know who i was drawing for, i decided to go for a straight approach. here's my initial sketch anyway cuz i think it's funny

Attachments

man, i am terrible at backgrounds so I chose to focus on the action itself, but i still wish i'd started earlier to proper shade it. still, it was a great request and i had fun doing it!!!

also: initially i was going for a more humorous tone, but since I didnt know who i was drawing for, i decided to go for a straight approach. here's my initial sketch anyway cuz i think it's funny
Clever girls

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
The traditionally weird Hulavuta request strikes yet again! :O
This year's rendition looks particularly beautiful, huge complements to Megapoketalecreed for completing that request in the best way imaginable. Cool Porygon's head blends into the cover art so seamlessly both in posture and expression. He is a true jazz artist. :'D

My personal favorites this year have to be the two raptor drawings, I'm not even mad that the pairing was so obviously rigged. Never knew I needed that Archeops training art in my life so badly until I saw it.

Thanks, Cretacerus
I love the drawing
Glad you like it! Not sure how you got that rather unconventional idea for your Secret Santa request, but those are usually the most fun to work on. It definitely was in this case.
I'm also relieved to hear that at least some people spotted the Easter egg in that drawing. ;)

And last but not least, thank you very much Moon for the beautiful Christmas scenery with Tyrunt and Amaura! For those who can't see the attachment in LiD's post, here it is:
TO Cretacerus
FROM Moon
-Tyrunt and Amaura celebrating Christmas each in their own unique way.
ChristmasFossils.png
Trace back the footsteps in the background, and you will find out that Tyrunt got no time for foolish activities like building snowmen with Amaura. He's only in for the presents. :D

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The traditionally weird Hulavuta request strikes yet again! :O
This year's rendition looks particularly beautiful, huge complements to Megapoketalecreed for completing that request in the best way imaginable. Cool Porygon's head blends into the cover art so seamlessly both in posture and expression. He is a true jazz artist. :'D
I enjoy combining my wide range of tastes in the strangest ways possible, though I'm glad to hear my requests have now officially become a tradition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)