Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If someone wants to be super cool and make me a pretty bitchin avatar with some kind of Empoleon doing something awesome like eating a Petaya Berry and Surfing, I'd be your best friend forever.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This was my first recolor, what do you all think? I used a Mamoswine with Caterpie's colors.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I like it, but I think that the yellow orange around Caterpie's eyes should be in the first layer of Mamoswine's mask around its eyes and perhaps the red from Caterpie's horn should be the color of the second layer of the mask and the horns. But that's just the colors matching up. I think it's a very good recolor overall.

I will love you forever if anyone can make a set of four banners for me.

They can read "Overused", "Underused" or "Never-used" if you feel that's look better. You fancy photoshop skills and such if you want. As you can probably tell, I want to open a trade thread. When / If I get around to it, I'll give you some credits.

I like it, but I think that the yellow orange around Caterpie's eyes should be in the first layer of Mamoswine's mask around its eyes and perhaps the red from Caterpie's horn should be the color of the second layer of the mask and the horns. But that's just the colors matching up. I think it's a very good recolor overall.
Thanks. I tried to work out the color as best I could.

Hey, just messed around which some splices and such, any comments would be appreciated.

I don't think I really like the head but idk.

Ugh... Gallade is so hard to recolour :<

Because he too wanted to be part Flying.

The background represents Fire/Water. Just if you didn't get it yet.

Expect lots more from me though D:

im pretty sure this is the right place to ask drawling related questions, if not im sorry :P

Anyway, for some unkwown reason my version of photoshop suddenly stoped working, rather than buy the whole thing again i downloaded gimp, it seems like it has all the same tools and stuff but im not really sure. So is gimp just as good as photoshop

I will love you forever if anyone can make a set of four banners for me.

They can read "Overused", "Underused" or "Never-used" if you feel that's look better. You fancy photoshop skills and such if you want. As you can probably tell, I want to open a trade thread. When / If I get around to it, I'll give you some credits.
working on it

Well, didn't get comments on the previous set, but I'll just post these up anyway:

And these were done originally for a project involving Bidoof, but I left it midway for.... some reasons :p

I'll add more if I get any comments on them.

Well, didn't get comments on the previous set, but I'll just post these up anyway:
I'm not very good at art, but they're pretty good. However, they all look like the parts, especielly the heads, were tacked on. Aggrons helmet, cress's head, plusle's ears, and swamperts heads all look like they were just c+ped

And these were done originally for a project involving Bidoof, but I left it midway for.... some reasons :p

I'll add more if I get any comments on them.
Okay, constructive critiscism.

Your recoloring is solid. That much you've mastered. It all looks solid except for the face and upper wing on the Togekiss/Plusle, which could be a little ldarker.

However, your fusions are very awkward. To be honest, the three using Bidoof as a base are the best, particularly the Raikou one. The main problem is that 99% of your fusion additions are tacked on-- it seems like you don't make any effort to make them blend seamlessly, which is the key to making good fusions.

Also, your sprites are made in chunks. That is to say, you used Aggron's entire head, Tyrannitar's entire body, and Aggron's legs, for one example. You should try making a combination of parts from each sprite for each body part. It makes a more convincing fusion. :)

Hope that helped.

I've completely run out of ideas and creativity for sprites, so I'm going to ask for some requests :) I may do them quite slowly, but I'll do any requests!

I'm not very good at art, but they're pretty good. However, they all look like the parts, especielly the heads, were tacked on. Aggrons helmet, cress's head, plusle's ears, and swamperts heads all look like they were just c+ped
Okay, constructive critiscism.

Your recoloring is solid. That much you've mastered. It all looks solid except for the face and upper wing on the Togekiss/Plusle, which could be a little ldarker.

However, your fusions are very awkward. To be honest, the three using Bidoof as a base are the best, particularly the Raikou one. The main problem is that 99% of your fusion additions are tacked on-- it seems like you don't make any effort to make them blend seamlessly, which is the key to making good fusions.

Also, your sprites are made in chunks. That is to say, you used Aggron's entire head, Tyrannitar's entire body, and Aggron's legs, for one example. You should try making a combination of parts from each sprite for each body part. It makes a more convincing fusion. :)

Hope that helped.
I'll definitely try to improve upon it. I'm not really experienced at all this, so yeah.

Thanks for the crits though, I'm sure I'll cover up the mistakes :)

EDIT: Is this any better?

hey...any CC on my scratches?
Your scratches are legit! They're sweet as all hell and carry a distinct style of your own. The only crit I could offer on your latest set, for example, is that the shading on the gray dome of the first-stage guy seems too regular. Unless it's not a dome and I'm misinterpreting it? =X

Keep up the good work.

Also I love your Party Ball idea. Is that your original thing?

I'll definitely try to improve upon it. I'm not really experienced at all this, so yeah.

Thanks for the crits though, I'm sure I'll cover up the mistakes :)

EDIT: Is this any better?

You're welcome. =D

Significantly. That's a big step in the right direction! However, the wings don't match. The one farther away is placed at the wrong angle, though in the right place, and is thicker with differently-shaped feathers. Were they taken off of two different Pokemon or just some strange-ass bird?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)