Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'm making my first scratch sprite (that isn't a blob) and I need some help with the eyes (pupils) and the shading. Can someone help me? :P

This is my first attempt ever at spriting! It's of an idea for a pokemon that I've only recently had called Orcano Water/Fire. I thought I might submit some art for a future cap so I thought I'd try my hand at sptiring something from scratch and just chose the first example pkmn from my sig. It's not a great design and it's hardly creative but I still think the result was kind of nice..... not great, but okay for a first attempt. Also,couldn't tell you how long it took because I wasn't really paying attetion :/ .

Anyway, here it is, let me know what you think and offer any advice you can (and no, it's not standing on it's tail). I'm sure there's plenty I could have done better or even possibly fix.

Huh? I thought the max size for the pkmn sprites was 64x64.... but I did a comparison and the pkmn sprites are definitely larger. That said how large is the max size for pkmn sprites so I can do this one again in that size and hopefully with a better design.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
80x80 is the gen4 max.
64x64 is the gen3 max
54x54 is the gen1/2 max

Only the first I'm sure of.

Okay, I had to leave for a while, so I wasn't able to finish this until just now. Orcano V2.0

I still think I could do better. Though the touchpad on my laptop isn't really ideal for making sprites.... perhaps if I had a usb mouse?

In fact at second glance I think just about anybody could do better :/ .

*n00b award*

I just downloaded Paint.NET and it is the best, Im still learning the controls, so I did this sprite in MS Paint, but put it in Paint.NET for transparency

It looks scrappy though, especially the legs. Long time since I sprited

Reading the above post I thought it'd be a good idea to get paint.net as well.... and as such I now have another uncreative design.... I wish I were better at designing these, but oh well. Hopefully I'm at least getting better at spriting XD .

Meet Spooking. Another of my FakeMon. This one is a Ghost/Normal pkmn w/Levitate as an ability giving him a mean 4 type immunities.

I actually tried to do something more creative with his head but couldn't seem to get anything to work :/ . I like the "tail" though :) . And I think the glow effect came out kind of nice.

Edit: Wow that Orcano sprite is bad O.o ! Would someone like to try and do better and show me what I did wrong?
I mean obviously it has -no- depth at all. And the colors don't seem to blend one bit.

Edit2: Finally did an Orcano image that I kind of like.

At least this one has a little depth :P .

elementalheroshadow, the right hand's teeth should be recolored, it's really hard to tell what's going on when you don't zoom in, and I'm still not sure if the teeth are covered in blood or if the only teeth longer than 3 pixels are at the front of the jaw

First scratch sprite no shading or higlights yet, it's just a coloured WIP at the moment and I used a mouse so it's messy but what do you think?:

I'm not so sure if the green in the wings is the right colour

I have a secret banner project in which I will need 8 banners from a particular anime. I already have pictures and can tell you what I want, so if anyone can do this, let me know, and I'll PM you the details. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I'm a novice spriter, and I'm reletively new, so I made a furry caterpillar!

Hope you all like it!
That's pretty good for a novice sprite. I would add more contrast on the gray-ish green, then adding a darker outline on the side. Also, the eyes seem a bit to red for the outline. However, the anatomy is pretty good, just very jagged. :D

RODAN

Banned deucer.
I just downloaded Paint.NET and it is the best, Im still learning the controls, so I did this sprite in MS Paint, but put it in Paint.NET for transparency

It looks scrappy though, especially the legs. Long time since I sprited

still at it eh

thanks for ruining hariyama btw

I would like to make a request. A Electivire and Absol fusion to be specific. And now, i dont want to come off as rude or anything, but would it be ok to request a back sprite to go with it? I hope it is, but if it isnt, then I am sorry, and will love whoever makes just the front sprite anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)