Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:)

Just thought I'd post up my current WIP backsprite for CAP9 on here too, in case any of you guys can comment. I intend to finish it today, so "Speak Now or Forever Shut Your Piehole," or something like that.:)

Well, I'm turning in, but I was able to just finish the still WIP version of my backsprite, although it's now in color! Whoo!

I plan on moving the arm to where it is more in front of it rather than drooping, but other than that, C+C determines what this sprite will look like. I am going to have lots of free time tomorrow since school convieniently lets out early, so I plan on working out all the kinks in the meantime and finalizing it tomorrow. So, Hit Me Now!

^And remember, C+C is highly smiled upon.^

Scizor with a little chomp

Here's a beggining of a sprite fusion, can anyone suggest what to add on to this 'scizchomp', I was thinking of a kingler pincer on the left hand...

Here's a beggining of a sprite fusion, can anyone suggest what to add on to this 'scizchomp', I was thinking of a kingler pincer on the left hand...
Well, you need to remove that little spike of wing above the head first. I would suggest adding Garchomps wing-thingy to the back aswell.

I may be a little rash in saying this, but the whole point of making a fusion out of someone elses artwork is to unleash your creativity without having the technical know-how to start from scratch. If your using someone else's sprites and someone else's ideas, than I don't see the point.

If you have an idea, claim it and make it happen! You can worry about how it looks later.

Edit: and remember to save as png and not bmp. A lot of picture databases convert bmp to jpeg and it messes up the pixels.

:)

EDIT: Kill the backsprite. Here's the entire Spritesheet!

I did a touchup or two on the backsprite, made a female, and now have this:

Male/Female difference is that the drill coloration is inverted. Idid this since I didn't want to do what everyone else did and felt like doing something different. So, tell me what you guys think. Is it ready to be a FS?
^C+C is highly smiled upon^

I'm looking for some people to request scratch sprites, any pokemon you want! I'm trying to practice so I'll be more prep'd for the next CAP spriting submission period!

I'm looking for some people to request scratch sprites, any pokemon you want! I'm trying to practice so I'll be more prep'd for the next CAP spriting submission period!
How about you scratch a Behemoth from Kindgom Hearts 1? Here's a lnk to an image of. Its good, because its not an already made Pokemon, so you would have to analyse its postion and anatomy, like CaP. Heres a link to the image!

http://www.ffcompendium.com/misc/kh-behemoth-a.jpg

An avatar with sceptile and a cool green background would be awesome. It can be shiny too. Thanks in advance to whoever

You've got anti-aliasing on your lines, you need to erase that and then off antialiasing on your pencil tool so it doesn't show up in the future.

Antialiasing is the semi transparent pixels that the computer adds to your lines to make them look smoother. Because it's transparetized for a white background, it makes your sprite look terrible on any non-white background.

Took a break from the fighting game sprites to make this. The message at the end was an afterthought that I thought would be funny. Here's a clean version with no lettering.

Tanz, go into Paint.net, and zoom in on your porygon pictures at like 1600%, and you'll see all the little pink and white pixels that you forgot to get rid of.

My first sprite, which happens to be a revamp. I like R/B the most, being that it has the least flaws (as far as I can tell; maybe the dealie at the back of his head could be shaded better and the right hand balls could be distinguished better). Yellow is definitely the worst and I give anyone free reign to fix it (the tail is hardly bulbous, the bad shading on the left leg, etc). Probably overdone, but, meh. Criticize as much as you'd like.

Edit: fixed Yellow's right leg shading problem, if rather lazily. Not the best at shading. Also attempted to fix Yellow's right ball hand shading.

Popping in to say "howdy" before I undergo a critical existence failure in about 48 hours. :D

Posting a quick, negative-colored Altaria to verify that I'm not dead. Yet.

Sprite on, comrades. If I survive my existence failure, I should be re-joining you in just a few days. ^_^

I made these two little animations of Yoda.

Here's the sheet. Nothing too fancy, I want to be able to make neat little animations for sprites but my past attempts weren't so good so I figured doing something small like this would be better to get the concepts down.

Here's Rawkot up for C+C.

Okay, good news is that I was able to make a sprite for this week. :)

Bad news is, it ain't scratched. :( Oh, well.

Rawkot. Random thing I came up with that Coolified Chatot. What could make it cooler than a Ho-oh base? Things I changed:
Color
Wing-tips
Head
Ruffles
Also changed the color of the wings to make them resemble piano keys.
EDIT:Changed the butt colors.Reason the face looks like that is because its an ugly rocker vulture. Vultures don't look to pretty normally,and since it's a rocker, I added the makeup-ed scar mark. Just thought I'd explain the face.
@SF: Only thing I can see that could be fixed would be the gaps between some of the bones. For instance, the gap between the ribs looks too black. I would recomend throwing in some of the Base Outline Color to help brighten it up. The only other spots like this are where the legs meet the body. Looks great for a first Revamp, though.

Just telling you guys now, but soon I'm going to be making an avatar that actually involves my namesake. Something for you guys to look forward to. :)

Here's Rawkot up for C+C.
-Too many clashing colours. The green + gold + pink is not very aesthetically pleasing, in my eyes anyway. Especially the green & gold... just change the green coloured chest to something more conservative imo, even just the dark grey of Chatot.

-The face just doesn't look cool. Even if I didn't think Chatot already looks cool, Rawkot's face is just... ugly. I think it's because of the eye, partly that pink mark and partly just the expression.

Just my honest opinion, some feedback and criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)