smogoff amoonguss — end

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
ok so theres 16 scientists, 9 rooms, 4 impostors and presumably each of those impostors can kill one of us tonight which means we could be down to 12 scientists by tomorrow daytime

how about we split into groups of two, with one person going to a single room to complete a task and the other going to the security room to monitor them? then we should be able to get a few tasks done and we should be able to isolate the people who deviate from the plan as impostors
dont think this is a good plan any more

i guess the downside of that approach is we're all in the security room making ourselves easy targets. but... if there are >5 scientists in that room then they won't be able to take us all down, right? (az is that how it works?)

Last edited:

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
oh except if i understood right, going to the security room means you have to sleep the next day and can't tell anyone what you saw until the next night. and we will need as much info as possible tomorrow daytime to try and kill an impostor

so - how about if we split into five groups of four and each group goes to a room. that way we'll have at least three* tasks done, maybe all five, and the impostors should be outnumbered in each group so we'll have a clear idea of who to suspect

* assuming that if there are 3 scientists and 1 impostor in a room, the impostor only kills one scientist and the other two can complete the task and report back on what they saw

Outside communication and night talk? Interesting. Generally anyone can forum PM me for this and I'll respond.

Back of the envelope math suggests that getting a task win might actually be pretty difficult unless we can successfully deter kills from the imposters. I agree that since coordination is easier than in the actual game, there are a lot of benefits to grouping up.

I will be going to the Laboratory. Anyone who wants to join me is welcome.

To be clear, I don't think it makes a lot of sense for everyone to pubclaim where they're going on a round where sabotage is off cooldown, but it probably makes sense for a few people to do so to bias the rest of the group to bunch up near them. If ~4 people mark some important locations and others randomly fill in, we should be able to handle the rest during the day.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
oh except if i understood right, going to the security room means you have to sleep the next day and can't tell anyone what you saw until the next night. and we will need as much info as possible tomorrow daytime to try and kill an impostor

so - how about if we split into five groups of four and each group goes to a room. that way we'll have at least three* tasks done, maybe all five, and the impostors should be outnumbered in each group so we'll have a clear idea of who to suspect

* assuming that if there are 3 scientists and 1 impostor in a room, the impostor only kills one scientist and the other two can complete the task and report back on what they saw
just replying to say the assumption is good, in that that is how it would work, so long as the impostor chose to kill!

eta: no rush but just six pms left for me to receive for us to move on to resolving actions

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
mf how do you propose splitting people up into groups? Like an RNG thing? I think your plan has the right idea but is going to be really hard to execute, like az said he needs six more PMs meaning that 14 people have already submitted actions. And I guess you can change your mind in the meantime but not everyone's going to be able to do that in time. I think your kind of plan will be easier to coordinate on future nights, where there's more time to prepare for it and (unfortunately) less people to wrangle.

Blazade I don't really think publiclaiming where you're going is a good idea unless you can get everyone to agree to the same plan like mf proposed. Unless you're playing some crazy mindgames already haha

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
mf how do you propose splitting people up into groups? Like an RNG thing? I think your plan has the right idea but is going to be really hard to execute, like az said he needs six more PMs meaning that 14 people have already submitted actions. And I guess you can change your mind in the meantime but not everyone's going to be able to do that in time. I think your kind of plan will be easier to coordinate on future nights, where there's more time to prepare for it and (unfortunately) less people to wrangle.

Blazade I don't really think publiclaiming where you're going is a good idea unless you can get everyone to agree to the same plan like mf proposed. Unless you're playing some crazy mindgames already haha
Def agree that this kind of plan probably won't work until we're down to a fewer amount of players, and we have more time to clarify what the group plan is.

az Do we know who's entered the same room as us during the night stage?

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Def agree that this kind of plan probably won't work until we're down to a fewer amount of players, and we have more time to clarify what the group plan is.

az Do we know who's entered the same room as us during the night stage?
yep, so long as lights aren't out

Yeah i didn't realize how many people have already sent in so it's not going to be helpful in coordinating people. *Shrug*

I'm not convinced that more information up to a point is somehow a bad thing, though. Even if I die for it it's better to have let people know where I was and give everyone a bit of a logical foothold when investigating.

az

toddmoding
i think Gravity Monkey , bb skarm , Scarf , and cityscapes are yet to send pms

i'll give everyone a couple more hours bc i'm still at work, but then xalling it

if you cant play anymore it's np; just lmk and we can grab subs

else it will be assumed idlers are remaining in conference room i guess........ until i godkill them

az

toddmoding
day 1 begins

you gather in the conference room again for the daily meeting

day1.png

there are 18 of you — it looks like Total Clefairy and Scarf are absent

the facility tasks are 8.75% complete

you may now deliberate on who (if anyone) to toss into dematerialisation to kill them. their role will be revealed to you

to vote for someone, post "vote <username>". you may also vote to skip a lynch — "vote skip". in the event of a tie, no-one is lynched. only one person may be lynched per day

first-time vote nominations should be accompanied by a justification

project lead: you may now pm me to covertly check the locations previously visited by one (1) user

you have approximately 48 hours until night 1

good luck

Last edited:
Well I went to the laboratory like I said I would, I saw 4 other people there, and neither of the bodies dropped there.

Anyone know where this happened?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)