Registration is OPEN
Welcome to the seventh season of the Smogon Frontier! There are a lot of rules you must read before you can go and beat up on reyscarface and Ojama for another season, so make sure you read over this thread carefully. The most important rule, however, is to have fun! And try really hard not to win because Philip7086 is concerned about the depreciation of his trophy's value.
Due to the length of time it takes me to negotiate each brain's contract, I am able to reveal only one brain every four hours. Check back to see if a new brain has been posted!
Arena Tycoon idiotfrommars
Factory Head Philip7086
Dome Ace august
Pike Queen McMeghan
Palace Maven Ojama
Salon Maiden bro fist
Pyramid King dragonuser
Tower Tycoon reyscarface
Factory Foreman Vinc2612
Arcade Star M Dragon
Castle Valet BKC
Hall Matron ShakeItUp
Frontier Lackey undisputed
Defeat 12 of the Smogon Frontier Brains, and you will be inducted into the Smogon Frontier Hall of Fame and receive a permanent trophy for your account. A maximum of 2 rematches are allowed throughout the course of the challenge.
If there is an open spot to challenge the Smogon Frontier and you wish to participate, you must sign up by posting in this thread. Registration is open now, but Frontier will not begin until Saturday, July 27, 2013 at 3:00 AM GMT-5. In your post, include the following information:
• IRC Username:
• Time Zone:
• Favorite Pokemon:
Rules and Regulations
• IMPORTANT: Registration will be open for a shorter period this year. This period is from now to Monday, July 29, 00:00 GMT-5. This gives you the entire weekend to sign up. There will be no limit to the amount of trainers challenging the Smogon Frontier during this time. Challengers will only have 30 days to conquer all 12 brains before this edition ends.
• If you have signed up to participate in the Smogon Frontier as one of the active challengers, congratulations! Your next step is to challenge one of the Frontier Brains listed above. YOU MAY BEGIN CHALLENGING AS SOON AS YOU REGISTER! DO NOT CHALLENGE ANY BRAIN UNTIL YOU SIGN UP, OR ELSE YOU RISK BEING PENALIZED.
•If you have challenged the Frontier once during this season, do not sign up again.
• All the brains can be found on IRC, in the channel #frontier on the SynIRC sever. For more information about connecting to IRC, refer to here. This is the only place where brains can be verified as 100% genuine, and both for your convenience and ours, we request that you find and challenge them over IRC.
• DO NOT CHALLENGE A BRAIN UNLESS HE IS IN #FRONTIER. Brains need to take breaks, and if they leave #frontier, they probably do not want to take challenges.
• There is no set order in which you must challenge the Smogon Frontier. You are encouraged to play any brain that you see on IRC. If you do not run into Brains regularly enough, you may schedule a match via forum PM.
• Any Frontier Brain may choose to decline any challenge for any reason, at any time, without explanation.
• Challengers must have at least one official Smogon Frontier battle every two weeks. Challengers also have a maximum of 30 days from admission to the program to complete their challenge. Failure to remain active will result in removal from the program. Exceptions to this rule may be granted when deemed appropriate by Eo Ut Mortus and the TD team.
• Players are allowed two rematches during their challenge of the Smogon Frontier. Rematches may be conducted no sooner than 24 hours following the challenger's original defeat.
• Challengers are allowed to skip one brain of their choosing.
• All Smogon Frontier Challengers are ineligible to rematch a Smogon Frontier Brain to whom they have lost until they have played all remaining Frontier Brains.
• Any challenger that loses 3 matches has failed and will be removed.
• All challengers are required to report their battle results toEo Ut Mortus via VM.I will be responsible for updating results on the spreadsheet. Battle results are subject to confirmation by the Frontier Brains.
• IMPORTANT: Once a player beats the Frontier, the season ends immediately. Only one trophy will be awarded. This rule's enforcement is subject to discretion and may be ignored in situations where enforcing it would be be impractical (two players tied at eleven wins for example).
• All battles will be standard BW2 OU matches subject to the prevailing rules of the BW2 OU tier. If any changes should occur to the standard tier, the changes will take place immediately for Smogon Frontier as soon as the necessary adjustments are in place on Smogon's server.
• Battles are to be played either on Pokemon Showdown or Pokemon Online 2. The choice of simulator is up to the Brain.
• Challengers must battle on the name with which they registered for the Frontier in order for matches to be counted as official.
• Frontier Brains must battle on the name/name+title with which they registered on the forums in order for matches to be counted as official.
• Spectating Official Frontier Battles will be permitted at the discretion of the respective Brain. Disallow Spectators can be applied optionally by the Frontier Brains. Brains have the right to request spectators to leave a match on Pokemon Showdown; refusal to comply may result in a penalty or infraction.
• On disconnections: Disconnections will be handled at the discretion of myself, the TDs, and the brains. In general, if a challenger disconnects and is unable to reconnect in a prompt manner, and there is reasonable suspicion that movesets / EVs may be changed in a rematch, or replicating the battle requires too much work, the brain may claim the win. If a brain disconnects against a challenger, then he will most likely be granted a rematch under most circumstances, barring a surefire victory.
• On ghosting: Just so you know, it's disallowed.
• I reserve the right to revoke any symbols won through deception or obvious exploitation of rule loopholes.
• You must demonstrate good sportsmanship during your challenge. Any user who does not act in a sportsmanlike manner, as judged by Eo Ut Mortus, will be subject to a punishment deemed fit according to the transgression, which may include symbol removal or disqualification.
• Once again, for discussion and arranging battles with Smogon Brains, go to #frontier on IRC!
• Brains are eligible to challenge the Smogon Frontier.
• All rules and regulations apply to the Frontier Brains during their challenge. Brains are automatically registered to challenge the Smogon Frontier.
• Battles between Frontier Brains will officially count as a challenger match for both.
• Regular challengers will be able to skip one brain during their challenge. Brains challenging the Smogon Frontier must defeat all of the other Brains in order to receive the prize.
Keep track of battle results on the Smogon Frontier Spreadsheet: http://tinyurl.com/FrontierVII!
Good luck to all challengers!