Smogon Online Team Builder

Cathy

Banned deucer.
Having a bit of a problem. I can't load or open the team that I made using the Team Builder. Only this team won't work, all my other teams will. Not sure what the problem is.
I can't edit my teams on shoddy battle or upload them on the ladder for some reason.
Teams won't work if you haven't previously connected to Smogon Server, but I'll assume everybody has. So can one of you please upload one of teams you've made with this that won't work? I want to see what is in the file.

The only problem I've had is that when I loaded a New Mixmence, it had both Flamethrower and Fire Blast, and no Outrage.
This is mentioned in the first post under "Limitations". This program uses the same move parser output as Doug's calculator calculator, and it doesn't preserve the relationship between slashed moves, so you just pick up the first four moves.

Lockeness

(e^(i╥))+1=0
This thing is one of the greatest pokemon labour saving devices of all time. I think it took less than 2 minutes to build my team and another 30 seconds to perfect it. Usually I would be there for 10-20 minutes. Colin is awesome!

WECAMEASROMANS

Banned deucer.
Wow. Great job Colin. This will help many players speed up their team building process (especially me because I take like 5 days to complete one team lol)

Cathy

Banned deucer.
I just made two small updates to the Team Builder. It now provides links directly to the analysis on the moveset you've selected, rather than just the pokemon's page. I also fixed a bug where IVs (on those sets that specify them, which isn't very many) weren't being saved into the team.

Super

This space for rent
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Take what I say at your own discretion, but:

1) That bug where if you pick a pokemon that happens to have a long set, the page stretches still exists. Pick Ambipom, in say, the center box, you'll see the stretch happen. I assume its an easy fix, just add width: 33%; to the pokemon CSS. I prefer hardcoded numbers but since you didn't specify any hardcoded numbers for the table itself, might as well.

2) I don't like the gap between the left text junk and the right dropboxes, but so far the code looks fine. The only thing I can think of is changing margin: 0 to margin: 0px, or specifying a manual size for the cell.

3) I think it'd look nicer if "Moveset analysis" wasn't under moveset, but was listed as (Analysis) right next to Pokedex Entry (you need a different name for that. :P)

Using Firefox, btw.

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I would like to suggest a feature to the team builder:

I'm wondering, to make the team builder even more versatile, if there could be a way code an option to download one's team in the .sav file format, in order to be compatible with Pokesav?

I think that would be a really great feature to have, especially if one wants to take his/her team and use it on Wifi with relative ease.

I would like to suggest a feature to the team builder:

I'm wondering, to make the team builder even more versatile, if there could be a way code an option to download one's team in the .sav file format, in order to be compatible with Pokesav?

I think that would be a really great feature to have, especially if one wants to take his/her team and use it on Wifi.
As Sym was telling me about this idea, I came up with a similar idea. When you select a Pokemon and moveset on the Team Builder, it would be cool to also be able to download the .pkm for said Pokemon/Moveset combination.

Or,

Maybe Smogon can have a data base of .pkm files of all the standard movesets. This will take a while to make up, but I'm sure people, including me, will be willing to help.

This is a wonderful tool! I don't know if this has been said yet but, there are some other things that are listed that aren't pokemon; I do not know if they're "Create a Pokemon" or not though, at any rate they do not work with the team builder Here is a screen cap

I apologize if this has been already adressed.

Stratagem is a CAP pokemon.

One "pokémon" I have noticed which is not a CAP pokémon or an in-game pokémon is "Mr" Clicking the pokédex entry button just takes you to the Abomasnow analysis (I'm guessing this is because it is the first analysis alphabetically). When you try to load the downloaded team containing "Mr" it will not open.

Teams won't work if you haven't previously connected to Smogon Server, but I'll assume everybody has. So can one of you please upload one of teams you've made with this that won't work? I want to see what is in the file.
Strangely, this started happening with every team I made after the first. Just tested it again, whilst I was already on Shoddy and it allowed me to use it. I think that some computers might not remember the link and may require you to be connected to the server when you're creating your team. That's just my guess, anyway.

Wow, this is a fantastic tool, thanks for taking the time to create it. The only problem atm is that it doesn't seem to be loading the Teams into shoddy properly - If I go onto the ladder and choose Load team, but the team doesn't appear in the box - it stays blank. Anyway, i'll see if I can sort out this issue.
FF

I had a similar issue yesterday, when I made a second team with the team builder. Couldn't open it on shoddy at all. Interestingly, the team file was only 1 kb big, while the standard is 3 kb (rounded). I still have both files, if you want to look at them (downloaded twice, once when I WAS on SU server and once while not there).

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I can also confirm I have been having issues recently opening downloaded teams from the Team Builder. Connected to a server or not, the team refuses to load.

This is a pretty awesome tool! Although once the team didn't load, the other time I loaded a team it worked perfectly! I like how it can save time a lot then just manually entering it all in which takes about 5x longer than how long the team builder takes.

I've occasionally had teams that don't load in the editor, but it rarely happens. All in all, it's a great tool that saves me the trouble of looking up specific EVs (read: not max/max) and typing in stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)