Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

1729is56time

Too-too-roo
is a Tiering Contributor
it means that they’re now in your list of followed users, and others can see that you follow them.
Aside from the notability of having a esteemed user follow you, i don’t think there’s any other benefits. (I’m wrong here, check the posts below)

there's also this:
if you click on your news feed:

you'll see the latest activity (posts/reactions/etc) from users you follow. that's pretty much the main functional benefit of it but it helps with seeing posts from your friends / people you enjoy reading content from
They will also show up at the top of the "Members online" list if they don't hide their sign-in status.
Thank You!

So, the thread Pokemon Syn Printer is no longer accepting responses, and it's been like that for a year(?) Now. Why was it locked in the first place? And can something be done about it? It's in the Firebot Development Lab

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
So, the thread Pokemon Syn Printer is no longer accepting responses, and it's been like that for a year(?) Now. Why was it locked in the first place? And can something be done about it? It's in the Firebot Development Lab
Firebot itself was locked for a lack of available staff, after some issues arose. It's been replaced by the Smogoff forum. So, not much can be done about it being locked - everything there is.

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Transparent how?
I want the text to be invisible for all themes. For example, I could turn the text white and it will be invisible for all Bright-theme users but not for those with a Dark-theme. I don't think it is possible to make the text transparent for all themes, but I wanted to make sure.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
I want the text to be invisible for all themes. For example, I could turn the text white and it will be invisible for all Bright-theme users but not for those with a Dark-theme. I don't think it is possible to make the text transparent for all themes, but I wanted to make sure.
There's no Alpha channel support, no.

Gangsta Spongebob

"Mama I'm a Criminal" - Badass Smoking Caterpillar
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this. I am unsure what are the exact limitations to Baton Pass when it is restricted to "Dry Passing". While I am aware this counts for Stat Boosts, I am not sure if it counts for other status moves, most notably Substitute.

1) Does it count for Substitute and other effects?

2) If it is illegal to Baton Pass effects such as Substitute, can I legally have a Pokemon with Substitute and Baton Pass, provided I never Baton Pass a teammate a Substitute?

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this. I am unsure what are the exact limitations to Baton Pass when it is restricted to "Dry Passing". While I am aware this counts for Stat Boosts, I am not sure if it counts for other status moves, most notably Substitute.

2) If it is illegal to Baton Pass effects such as Substitute, can I legally have a Pokemon with Substitute and Baton Pass, provided I never Baton Pass a teammate a Substitute?
Baton Pass passes substitute and some other effects (including Leech Seed, Ingrain, partial-trapping moves, etc.). However, in most standard metagames, Baton Pass itself is banned.

Gangsta Spongebob

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Baton Pass passes substitute and some other effects (including Leech Seed, Ingrain, partial-trapping moves, etc.). However, in most standard metagames, Baton Pass itself is banned.
Thank you for the response, however I am generally aware of what Baton Pass does and where it is banned. I am asking this question for a Meta that does allow only Dry Passing, and I am unsure about the exact definition of that term.

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor

I believe this differs by metagame, and as noted above usually you don't have to worry about this. I would specifically ask in a forum or chat room dedicated to the metagame (if it's an old gen, then in ruins of alph on sd, if draft or other non-smogon format in wherever you heard about it etc)

Gangsta Spongebob

I believe this differs by metagame, and as noted above usually you don't have to worry about this. I would specifically ask in a forum or chat room dedicated to the metagame (if it's an old gen, then in ruins of alph on sd, if draft or other non-smogon format in wherever you heard about it etc)
I see, thank you for the response!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)