Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

How do I start participating in suspect tests
When a suspect test occurs, there will be an announcement posted to the subforum corresponding to that tier. You can check out that announcement for the instructions. Basically, you'll have to make a new account and ladder until you meet the requirements, and then post the evidence. Once the laddering period is over, you will be able to vote in a thread in the Blind Voting subforum.

You can find a link to a suspect test that is currently in progress here. Usually, suspect tests will have more or less the same instructions as this one (the recent Tera vote in SV OU being a notable exception).

Sijih

game show genius
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Need some guidelines on where to post. So I'm building a doubles team and need some suggestions on finalizing the team.
I know RMT are for teams that are already finnished but where should I post this then?
For an unfinished team, a live chat like the doubles discord or the showdown doubles room would probably be good places to ask. If you vastly prefer the forum format then the Doubles Q&A thread would probably be the next best place.
The last thing you could do is try your best to decide on the last details yourself and then post the RMT, and highlight the mons you're not sure about and want help changing.

Suggestion: Adding a tick with "Post without watching" next to the post reply button. It'd be a good QoL addition instead of having to always refresh and go click the Unwatch button which isn't very easy to spot either.

Suggestion: Adding a tick with "Post without watching" next to the post reply button. It'd be a good QoL addition instead of having to always refresh and go click the Unwatch button which isn't very easy to spot either.
If you go click your profile and then go to Preferences -> Content options and then uncheck "Automatically watch content you interact with" this will fix your issue. Hope this helps!

If you go click your profile and then go to Preferences -> Content options and then uncheck "Automatically watch content you interact with" this will fix your issue. Hope this helps!
It doesn't actually. I want to watch most of the threads I post in, but since I post in so many different threads, some of them I just don't wanna receive notifications for. Mostly speaking about tournament signups or winposts and the likes, or even one-off posts in forums like these. It'd be better to be able to immediately select whether you want to watch the thread or not while posting

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I believe you don't need to refresh to unwatch the thread. Iirc, the "watch" button won't get updated after posting, but it will display the correct modal should you click it.

e: here's an image to show that it happens:

state_fail.jpg

not necessarily better than ticking off the option before posting, but it's better than nothing I guess

If I wanted some very basic feedback on a team to make it slightly more usable (such as replacing a certain mon, changing out certain items / moves) what would be the best place to do that? RMT isn't really for me because I'm mostly playing for fun and going in-depth on what I'm using / doing isn't something I'm good at.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Question and suggestion:
Why do mods never delete (or at least move away to a mods only section) spammy/short/other wise rule breaking and instantly locked thread like this: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/why-the-fuck-was-chien-pao-not-banned.3714102/

I think it would make our forums look nicer if we got rid of these

Suggestion: Either move these threads away or if possible on this forum, make it so regular users can't make threads in certain forums where it's not allowed anyways without mod approval

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Question and suggestion:
Why do mods never delete (or at least move away to a mods only section) spammy/short/other wise rule breaking and instantly locked thread like this: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/why-the-fuck-was-chien-pao-not-banned.3714102/

I think it would make our forums look nicer if we got rid of these

Suggestion: Either move these threads away or if possible on this forum, make it so regular users can't make threads in certain forums where it's not allowed anyways without mod approval
We already delete and/or move them, typically mods just wait to make sure the person who posted the unapproved thread sees their reply before moving it.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
We already delete and/or move them, typically mods just wait to make sure the person who posted the unapproved thread sees their reply before moving it.
oh thanks. This one might have been forgotten if you want to do ithttps://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/r-f-my-uu-team.3702691/

Hi! I have a small suggestion, no clue how it would be implemented but I think there should be a command for /ou [pokemon] or something similar to that. It would be similar to the /randbats command, which pulls up the possible moves for a pokemon in randbats. For example, if I typed /ou grimmsnarl, it would pull up the 4 most common moves and most common item for grimmsnarl, similar to how you can pull up the usage set for a pokemon in the calc. I think this should be implemented because you can already pull it up in the calc, and I think it would be a nice QOL thing to add.

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Hi! I have a small suggestion, no clue how it would be implemented but I think there should be a command for /ou [pokemon] or something similar to that. It would be similar to the /randbats command, which pulls up the possible moves for a pokemon in randbats. For example, if I typed /ou grimmsnarl, it would pull up the 4 most common moves and most common item for grimmsnarl, similar to how you can pull up the usage set for a pokemon in the calc. I think this should be implemented because you can already pull it up in the calc, and I think it would be a nice QOL thing to add.
using /analysis [mon] gives you the analysis for the Pokemon in question, which is functionally the same. When a metagame has settled, it's even better because it gives you further details into what the Pokemon does exactly.

Kinetic

my focus is UNPARALLELED
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
does tiering contributer allow me to claim an inactive name? asking as i remember hearing tc has some restrictions on it (though i don't know what specifically)

so there has been a recent discovery that using burn up or double shock as a pure fire/electric type, and then checking the pokemon summary screen, crashes the game. Will these moves be banned or will smogon ignore the glitch as an obviously unintended mechanic?

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
so there has been a recent discovery that using burn up or double shock as a pure fire/electric type, and then checking the pokemon summary screen, crashes the game. Will these moves be banned or will smogon ignore the glitch as an obviously unintended mechanic?
Latter, those are often patched out as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 10)