Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
i can not get on showdown it says 502 bad gateway when i try to join i clear all my catche and still nothing
Quoting HoeenHero from the Help room

[17:05:54] &HoeenHero: Hi guys. Cloudflare is experiencing some issues right now and its affecting PS. Various things such as avatars, replays, sound, and potentially more are down due to an outage. You can check the status here: https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/ We cannot do anything but wait on a resoltuion sorry.

Does Smogon, and by extension Pokemon Showdown, have a plan of action when Sword & Shield come out regarding the lack of a National Dex? Will Showdown allow all 800+ Pokemon from the National Dex in Gen 8 Singles even if they aren't in Gen 8? Furthermore, will Smogon run analyses for them in that case?

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Does Smogon, and by extension Pokemon Showdown, have a plan of action when Sword & Shield come out regarding the lack of a National Dex? Will Showdown allow all 800+ Pokemon from the National Dex in Gen 8 Singles even if they aren't in Gen 8? Furthermore, will Smogon run analyses for them in that case?
There's going to be some sort of Nat Dex metagames available, but no idea how analyses will turn out, as those are prob not going to be the mainline formats like SM OU, UU etc are.

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
Many popular UMs like ZU, AG, and LGPE OU have analyses in the OM C&C, so it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect those for National OU.

acupressure does not fall under evasion clause because of general randomness and a heave requirement on being bulky enough to set it up without being fodder for anti setup things like unaware, whirlwind, taunt, etc. note that even tho moody is the same thing, moody is an ability, and thus makes it basically impossible to stop without things like ability changers

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
Why Zeraora's UU analysis mentions Kommo-o if it was banned?
It wasn't banned from UU, it rose to OU by usage. Zeraora's UU analysis was written when Kommo-o was still UU which is why it's mentioned, but the lines mentioning it should be removed from the analysis now that it's OU.

Mathy

i'm not chien pao
is a Programmeris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Logging in with Google is (still, after several months since I last checked) broken. Maybe it's because the site is sending a Client ID of 0?
1562709822619.png

Where do I go to or who do I talk to about theorymoning the ability of a theoretical Pokemon that exist within the games by hasn't been revealed yet? (Unova OG Dragon)

I thought about the CAP forums, but I just wanted to be sure.

Where do I go to or who do I talk to about theorymoning the ability of a theoretical Pokemon that exist within the games by hasn't been revealed yet? (Unova OG Dragon)

I thought about the CAP forums, but I just wanted to be sure.
The best place I know is the Pet Mods subforum, but you should definitely read several of their already-existing mods' thread before posting anything.

where are the flags used in moves.js stored? for example mold breaker moves (sunsteel strike, moongeist beam, photon geyser)
have a flag called ignoreAbility, which is set to true. where is ignoreAbility located in the Showdown files? thx

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
where are the flags used in moves.js stored? for example mold breaker moves (sunsteel strike, moongeist beam, photon geyser)
have a flag called ignoreAbility, which is set to true. where is ignoreAbility located in the Showdown files? thx
By flags, I assume you don't mean move.flags, which is a list of flags for moves that exist in the ingame files. The details for those are defined at the top of data/moves.js if you do mean that. Other move properties aren't really documented well. You can find them in data/moves.js usually and if your looking for where their effects are calculated, try looking in data/scripts.js and sim/*.ts. A github repo search will also help you.

Can we actually get the male model for Cacturne? It has literally been years since XY came out and we don't have the form of Cacturne that matches the art for gen 6 or 7.

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Can we actually get the male model for Cacturne? It has literally been years since XY came out and we don't have the form of Cacturne that matches the art for gen 6 or 7.
Sprites are uploaded to Smogon, and by extension PS, when someone makes them, as Smogon relies on contributors to supply them with them, as opposed to having a dedicated team to do so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)