Smogon Simple Questions/Suggestions

Is there anything different about Sneasel in terms of IVs? I've been breeding all day for a female with HA and 4 perfect IVs, but I only get three, and I'm breeding with a 6 IV Ditto and Destiny Knot!

Is there anything different about Sneasel in terms of IVs? I've been breeding all day for a female with HA and 4 perfect IVs, but I only get three, and I'm breeding with a 6 IV Ditto and Destiny Knot!
The other parent should have as many perfect IVs as possible. Destiny Knot guarantees 5 IVs will be passed down from the parent, but they can be from EITHER parent. If your other parent has poor IVs it will take a while. Swap parents as you get better ones; i.e. remove the current one and swap it with one of the 3 IV ones that you've gotten, and pair it with your 6 IV Ditto. It shouldn't take you more than a few hours, especially if you're using a 6 IV Ditto.

What's the best IV calculator for sixth generation games? And for third generation games?

Also, is there a way to make the number absolutely accurate by giving the pokémon "x" rare candies and noting the stats on each level, or is it always an approximation?

EDIT: Solved. Thank you very much again, AzureRain !

Last edited:
What's the best IV calculator for sixth generation games? And for third generation games?

Also, is there a way to make the number absolutely accurate by giving the pokémon "x" rare candies and noting the stats on each level, or is it always an approximation?
IV calculations as far as I know are exactly the same after Gen III. Personally I like to use the one on Serebii: http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcxy.shtml
Absolute accuracy only occurs at level 100. Obviously you can get a very accurate estimate way before that. I find level 20ish gives you a pretty good estimate, which you can supplement with the IV judge, Pokemon characteristic, and Hidden Power.

Is it possible to get a Shedinja with Swords Dance transferred into ORAS via Pokebank? I've tried googling this but some said yes some said no so I wasn't sure and I also haven't purchased Pokebank yet so I have yet to try it out myself. Thank you!

Is it possible to get a Shedinja with Swords Dance transferred into ORAS via Pokebank? I've tried googling this but some said yes some said no so I wasn't sure and I also haven't purchased Pokebank yet so I have yet to try it out myself. Thank you!
Yes I think it is IIRC. I don't see why I isn't.

Can someone give me a link to gifs that can fit the profile picture on Smogon? I already know about Pokemon sprites, but I'm looking for actual Pokemon gifs that work for profile pics.

Can someone give me a link to gifs that can fit the profile picture on Smogon? I already know about Pokemon sprites, but I'm looking for actual Pokemon gifs that work for profile pics.
It's not really about the fit. It's about the file size. Regular (unbadged) users are limited to a 100 KB file size, which is really small. You can basically use any gif you want as long as it's 100 KB or lower.

It's not really about the fit. It's about the file size. Regular (unbadged) users are limited to a 100 KB file size, which is really small. You can basically use any gif you want as long as it's 100 KB or lower.
Hmm in that case, time for my quest to earn a badge lol

yeah are you sure it's victini? you may be getting his blacked-out silhouette confused with trubbish's or plusle/minun's...
You are so right, I am an idiot. It turned out to be Plusle, I don't know why I was so quick to think it was Victini. Even if I couldn't tell them apart(which is reasonable-Plusle is a dead-ringer for Victini), I should've noticed Plusle's filled in silhouette missing from the DexNav.

If you were playing defensive, which of these two pokemon would be better suited for the job? Chansey with Eviolite or Blissey with left-overs with moveset
Chansey Moveset Blissey
  • Soft-Boiled (Best moveset there is with Blissey)
  • Toxic
  • Heal Bell
  • Seismic Toss
Or: (Best moveset there is with Chansey)

EVs for both: 252 Def 252 SpD 4 HP (or best EVs that suit with the moveset).

Natures for both: Best nature for both.

If you were playing defensive, which of these two pokemon would be better suited for the job? Chansey with Eviolite or Blissey with left-overs with moveset
Chansey Moveset Blissey
  • Soft-Boiled (Best moveset there is with Blissey)
  • Toxic
  • Heal Bell
  • Seismic Toss
Or: (Best moveset there is with Chansey)

EVs for both: 252 Def 252 SpD 4 HP (or best EVs that suit with the moveset).

Natures for both: Best nature for both.
There's no 'best' nature for both. It completely depends on what you want. If you purely want to make it a specially defensive wall, go for a Calm nature. If you want to balance it out some more, go for Bold. Same goes for the respective EV spread.

Personally, I prefer Blissey, since Chansey has to use Eviolite and therefore cannot use Leftovers. This means that Chansey will be more likely to get worn down my residual damage (weather, stealth rock, statuses, etc). However, in terms of raw stats, Eviolite Chansey is bulkier than Blissey is.

Also note that Blissey's special attack is somewhat usable whereas Chansey completely relies on Seismic Toss for damage.

There's no 'best' nature for both. It completely depends on what you want. If you purely want to make it a specially defensive wall, go for a Calm nature. If you want to balance it out some more, go for Bold. Same goes for the respective EV spread.

Personally, I prefer Blissey, since Chansey has to use Eviolite and therefore cannot use Leftovers. This means that Chansey will be more likely to get worn down my residual damage (weather, stealth rock, statuses, etc). However, in terms of raw stats, Eviolite Chansey is bulkier than Blissey is.

Also note that Blissey's special attack is somewhat usable whereas Chansey completely relies on Seismic Toss for damage.
Thanks for the hard information bro! ;)

Is there any difference in RNG breeding between Ruby and Sapphire and Emerald? If there is, anyone know of any guides for Ruby and Sapphire RNG breeding?

I have a question about Super Secret Bases. There's an option that says something like "Secret Profile", and I can choose two messages to be displayed, one when I'm "feeling happy", and the other as words of encouragement to another player. What are those two messages? I guess one is displayed at the beginning of the battle, and the other one is for when it ends; but which one is which? I'm playing in Spanish, so the "secret profile" part may be different in English.

why are smogon tiers determined by usage, and not viability? wouldn't tiering by viablity give more options to players as well as be more competitive (subjective)?

why are smogon tiers determined by usage, and not viability? wouldn't tiering by viablity give more options to players as well as be more competitive (subjective)?
As far as I understand it, it's because usage is usually directly correlated with viability. Because viability changes all the time as the meta changes, it makes way more sense to take a look at the monthly usage to get an idea of what Pokemon are more viable atm, and adjust accordingly. Of course, sometimes this doesn't always work, and that's usually when suspect tests are held. I'm sure you'd agree, however, that a suspect test for every single Pokemon doesn't really make sense when the meta is constantly changing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)