Sticky Smogon Sprite Project

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Silly question but are there any plans to do the Starmobiles and the "bike" forms for the legendaries? I'd assume not since the former isn't in any pokémon data and the later isn't playable, but would be neat to see them as sprites further down the line in case any projects like Pet Mods want to use those forms for something. I'd fully understand if they're just left out entirely tho.

G.E.Z.

formerly Grand Emperor of Zelron
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
Silly question but are there any plans to do the Starmobiles and the "bike" forms for the legendaries? I'd assume not since the former isn't in any pokémon data and the later isn't playable, but would be neat to see them as sprites further down the line in case any projects like Pet Mods want to use those forms for something. I'd fully understand if they're just left out entirely tho.
Potentially, but our main focus is obviously on all the usable stuff at the moment.

Didn't King-of-The-X-Roads already make all normal and shiny Gen 9 sprites? Why not just put those in the spreadsheet? Or does this collaborative process work in a specific way to decide which sprites you'll be going with?

G.E.Z.

Didn't King-of-The-X-Roads already make all normal and shiny Gen 9 sprites? Why not just put those in the spreadsheet? Or does this collaborative process work in a specific way to decide which sprites you'll be going with?
We have a reservations process where people call dibs on what they want to sprite. King likes to share the reserves with everyone else on the team and not take too many for himself, despite doing every Pokémon for his own Deviantart. Not to mention not all of King's sprites are quite in the style we go for in the project.

So uhhh, its been over a year since we last posted any animations. Time to fix that!
(also new account who this? in case anyone was confused)

| i love the animations onthe sprites do you have anymore of the Hisuian pokemon forms??
and keep up the good work

Who do I talk to for applying/submitting sprites? (Just made a front sprite for Iron Moth, wanna figure out what I do at this point in time in order to get to eventually getting to submit it.)

G.E.Z.

Who do I talk to for applying/submitting sprites? (Just made a front sprite for Iron Moth, wanna figure out what I do at this point in time in order to get to eventually getting to submit it.)
You would speak to me. But as it says on the first post of the thread, applications for new spriters are closed.

how do i send pokemon sprites on here with out them been deleted do i have to have permission???
Yes, as it says on the first post of the thread.

We have a reservations process where people call dibs on what they want to sprite. King likes to share the reserves with everyone else on the team and not take too many for himself, despite doing every Pokémon for his own Deviantart. Not to mention not all of King's sprites are quite in the style we go for in the project.
I see, thanks for the clarification!
If I may ask, do you have an ETA for the completion of gen 9 sprites? I can't tell if the spreadsheet will get updated as more sprites get completed or if the next update will come when they're all done.

G.E.Z.

I see, thanks for the clarification!
If I may ask, do you have an ETA for the completion of gen 9 sprites? I can't tell if the spreadsheet will get updated as more sprites get completed or if the next update will come when they're all done.
We don't have any ETAs with this project as we're only a group of volunteers. So we still have other commitments like work, school or other irl stuff.
But when we have a batch of sprites ready, we'll post them here, update the spreadsheet and send them to Showdown for implementation.

Juist one concern, will the Koraidon and MIraidon base form are not gonna be sprited? Even if they are not useful in battle atleast the base form should have sprites like in Official Sprites right?
1677640105277.png
1677640112500.png

MBCMechachu

formerly Pikafan2000
is an Artist
Juist one concern, are the Koraidon and MIraidon base form not gonna be sprited? Even if they are not useful in battle at least the base form should have sprites like in Official Sprites right?
View attachment 495938View attachment 495939
Due to the fact that Showdown works with Pokemon that have battle properties the chances of these forms being sprited in this project are slim to not at all since they do not serve any real purpose in battle.

This is the thread for gen 9 sprites.
We have decided that instead of creating a new thread every time a new gen comes out, it will be easier for people to find our work if it is all centralised. It's why this thread's name was changed from Sword/Shield Sprite Project to just Smogon Sprite Project. It is also why the first post directly links to the other gens and why those other gens link to here. It's also why the first post in this thread says it is for sprites from "Generation 8 and beyond."
A very good point. So who gets dibs on spriting which Pokemon?

uppa

KILLING SPHERE
is a Top Artist
A very good point. So who gets dibs on spriting which Pokemon?
Our spriters usually work out which pokemon each one will do. We have fairly high standards for our sprites with a lot of quality control and revisions, so I wouldn’t expect the entire dex to be completed soon. Animations work the same way, but obviously come later since the sprite needs to be completely finished.

Hello, might be a dumb question, but I saw a LOT of animated sprites being posted here, but I wasn't able to find a spreadsheet with a link to the animated sprites, only non-animated pngs. Is there a place that gathers all the animated sprites ?
Thank you !

uppa

KILLING SPHERE
is a Top Artist
Hello, might be a dumb question, but I saw a LOT of animated sprites being posted here, but I wasn't able to find a spreadsheet with a link to the animated sprites, only non-animated pngs. Is there a place that gathers all the animated sprites ?
Thank you !
There are tabs on the spreadsheet here that you should be able to view, including animations and links to the other generations. Not everything on the sheet is updated, though. Sorry about that. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1MCjDktTOOFjLKM5C-RW6SfBQGkjlxDSCZAZDma_ItuA/htmlview

Attachments

Due to the fact that Showdown works with Pokemon that have battle properties the chances of these forms being sprited in this project are slim to not at all since they do not serve any real purpose in battle.
I understand that Miraidon's and Koraidon's base form will not appear in the battle. What about Starmobiles? They appear in SV's battle, and I think they are similar to the pokemon in BW's Pokéstar Studios.

Hello, I noticed the gen5-shiny Greedent sprite looks kinda odd and not at all like the regular sprite. Is there any info if this will be fixed or if it's intended? Same thing happens with Coalossoal's shiny

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)