Smogon Super Mario Maker 2 Level Sharing

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Thanks for the image Stellar !​

Yep, it's that time again! The game is already out in several countries, so I think its about time we start sharing levels among ourselves to play!

So since Smogon isn't some mega behemoth of a video game community, I'm gonna try to do something cool here: if you share your maker ID, I'll put it in this OP!

And really that's it, just post your levels and feedback here. Have fun!

Smogon Maker IDs

Input these codes in, and you get a selection of every single level this Smogoner has made!

Broken Phobias : LK6-8JQ-7PF

ChrystalFalchion : DTS-DYH-41G

DragonWhale : XSC-QGH-0PF

Estarossa : X37-H9B-XNG

GMars : 541-1MQ-43G

internet : S6K-WYC-KHG

Kie : NLL-QS7-0BG

Lady Bug : 94X-MRM-X7G

-Latios- : 4LN-H32-J0H

Magcargo : NN7-DN8-V0G

MAMP : XDK-8JY-4DG

Martin : 1Q1-SFS-1JG

Menshay : DFL-V07-BVG

NOVED : 248-4WD-KYF

RODAN : NLB-DPW-XPG

Siggu : L3P-HNY-BWF

SpiritGuy : 5S9-VLC-8VG

Stellar : 00J-W0D-LHG

Stealthbomber16 : 458-DTS-J3G

Sr. Villarreal : 1NG-CH0-WQF

teal6 : 8N0-W2Q-D6G

The Mawile Ace : GCD-BTP-RKF

Theorymon : 23T-F50-5WG

xfix : 7RN-677-NSF

Last edited:

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
X

(I can't even draw stick figures ok lol)​

Yep, it's that time again! The game is already out in several countries, so I think its about time we start sharing levels among ourselves to play!

So since Smogon isn't some mega behemoth of a video game community, I'm gonna try to do something cool here: if you share a level, I'll put it in this OP!

And really that's it, just post your levels and feedback here. Have fun!

Smogon Levels

None yet mofos!
I literally just downloaded the game and I'm looking forward to playing it tomorrow since tomorrow is the 28th which is when its released in America.

BP

Beers and Steers
I got bored of story making and decided to try and make my own course. Please keep in mind it's my first course so it might now be up to your standards but I had fun building it!

BoomBoom's Treasure Trove
9YM-QJ5-4WF

If at all possible I'd love to hear some feedback!

Last edited:

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
7XR-DD9-LHF

Still learning this whole level-making thing, but I think this one is pretty cool.

BP

Beers and Steers
Made my Second level. It took me 3 hours just to clear it. Have Fun!

Castle In The Woods:
5TD-FR0-HDG

MAMP

MAMP!
i played a bunch of these! here's what i thought

BVF-XJ2-38G im first NYAHAH
this one was fun, if a bit frustrating at times. the koopas pop out of their shell when you jump on them and if you aren't careful you can accidentally bop the naked koopa with the shell and be unable to finish the level

RQQ-WQ1-SWG
this one was cool, but the difficulty spike after the first checkpoint was pretty huge

I got bored of story making and decided to try and make my own course. Please keep in mind it's my first course so it might now be up to your standards but I had fun building it!

9YM-QJ5-4WF

tbh this level is just kinda obnoxious. all the enemies throwing shit and stuff coming out of pipes all over the place was frustrating and made it feel like a bit of a crapshoot, and boom boom himself was really difficult until i realised that there's a hidden block which you can jump off to get a bunch of powerups to make it basically free. pretty annoying level overall

3gy-47d-4dg

trying a sort of boss rush like level
i enjoyed this

7XR-DD9-LHF

Still learning this whole level-making thing, but I think this one is pretty cool.
i liked that this level had a narrative behind it. pretty fun

9W8-7C1-9DF.

:)
i like the concept of traversing the same place twice with the on/off switch set differently each time, but i feel like there's a lot of wasted potential here by just having the player do a bunch of precise jumps. this level is well-made, but not really my cup of tea

7LB-G9D-LXG I have more levels uploaded just look under my profile
this one was a bit hit or miss for me. i like speedrun levels where you need to go fast, and some of this level was like that: fast and precise. but a lot of it wanted me to go slow and careful, which created a weird rhythm. it was a bit unclear at first how i was supposed to get in the key door after the boss fight; i did it going all the way to the left to respawn the pow, and then placing it down to jump off, but idk if this is the intended solution. there was also a part where i had to make a blind jump that was a bit frustrating

i'll play the rest of the levels here later!

BP

Beers and Steers
tbh this level is just kinda obnoxious. all the enemies throwing shit and stuff coming out of pipes all over the place was frustrating and made it feel like a bit of a crapshoot, and boom boom himself was really difficult until i realised that there's a hidden block which you can jump off to get a bunch of powerups to make it basically free. pretty annoying level overall
My second level is much more fleshed out imo. Its got a better design but its much harder in my opinion. I hope you enjoy the second one at least.

Lady Bug

Like the Wind
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Just made my first level in MM2... took me a while to make it and then beat it as it turned out more challenging than I intended but I'm pretty satisfied with it.

NQ9-862-WWG

I made a level with a Koopa Car. Turns out 3D world is super limited (seriously, you cannot put blocks that are solid when the ON/OFF block is pressed?), but I still tried to make it interesting: S0R-Y03-TSG. I also played all levels mentioned in the thread (not necessarily beat them, some are... unreasonable so to speak).

BVF-XJ2-38G im first NYAHAH
I like this short puzzle level. The first coin (in terms of level order, you probably will get the second one first due to a skewer threatening to make it impossible) is sorta tricky to throw shell at, but I think it's fine. A Koopa generating pipe would be nifty to allow repeating this throw without having to die if two Koopas die.
RQQ-WQ1-SWG
Skewers! Nice, did this on the first try, but I can see this being tricky, I like it.

9YM-QJ5-4WF

Now, this is weird, Lakitu forces the player to rush, but it's a bad idea with the enemy spam in the level. I sorta feel like this level would be better of without Lakitu and with less enemy spam. Boom-Boom fight is sorta unfair, as Boom-Boom leaps at the player when he enters the room. Some safe area to see what Boom-Boom does before starting the fight with it would be neat.
3gy-47d-4dg

trying a sort of boss rush like level
Eh... Hammer Bros, how much I hate them. The bumper section with Thwomps seems like a filler, every time you want to retry the Sledge Bro fight you need to play this section for a few seconds, and it's so easy once you do it.
7XR-DD9-LHF

Covering Skewer downtime with Lava Bubbles? Pretty cool. I also like how the level tells some sort of a story.
this is Desert Descent, a 30 second downwards speedrun level R4M-DC2-VKG
I'm pretty sure this a cool course. For me, it's unplayable, I'm not that skilled at Mario Maker 2, and long downtimes when you die pretty much kill this level for me. Unfortunately, Nintendo removed editing levels, so I cannot even check what else was here to do. This is mostly Nintendo's fault, not yours, however.

One thing however is that I would move the two ON/OFF blocks at beginning one block to the left. I never did hit the right ON/OFF block, but the cement block on the left of those, multiple times. That said, it's mostly a minor thing.
9W8-7C1-9DF.

:)
That's like one tile jumps over and over. Not for me, but I can see what you were trying to do.
7LB-G9D-LXG I have more levels uploaded just look under my profile
This level makes... no sense to me. It tries to be a speedrun level (with its low time limit), but you are better of doing it slow, because the flow of the level is wrong for speedrunning, and 100 time is actually plenty of time here. The boss arena makes no sense to me, there is an ON/OFF switch block here for... whatever reason, but what you are supposed to do (I think?) is throwing POW block at the Piranha Plant and then flying up ignoring the switch entirely.
Only made one level so far

KKW-NH7-L3G
I don't understand this level, there is a jump where I believe you are supposed to triple jump, but triple jump doesn't reach far enough. You can spin to get further, but then I easily either undershoot or overshoot it.
Made my Second level. It took me 3 hours just to clear it. Have Fun!

Castle In The Woods:
5TD-FR0-HDG
Not going to try to do it, sorry. You said it yourself, you spent 3 hours just to clear this level. As a level author, you have a full knowledge of your level, and yet it took you a long time to beat it. This level is fine-ish before Midway Point, but after it things get fairly ridiculous with mazes, Bullet Bill bounces, multiple Hammer Bros, bosses, and I don't want to grind it.
976-FLQ-00G is a CLEVEr one by me
Cool level, but I sorta feel like more could be done with this concept.
I made a cool themed level based on Miyazaki's Castle in the Sky.

I think it's pretty cool at least...

MLR-BHV-XQG
That was a nice clown ride. I like :).
Just made my first level in MM2... took me a while to make it and then beat it as it turned out more challenging than I intended but I'm pretty satisfied with it.

NQ9-862-WWG
Everything in this level is like very precise, I quickly gave up.
70T-J63-DBG

Straightforward castle level with a few gimmicks.

Pretty cool.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I don't understand this level, there is a jump where I believe you are supposed to triple jump, but triple jump doesn't reach far enough. You can spin to get further, but then I easily either undershoot or overshoot it.
You’re supposed to spin 5 times then slow your movement to land on the platform. I didn’t want it to be a simple triple jump bc you wouldn’t actually need to engage with the jump otherwise, and I wanted the landing to be hard for the same reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)