Smogon Usage-Based Tier Update: May 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are my thoughts:

Tornadus-Therian moved from BL to OU: I expected this to happen
Scrafty moved from UU to RU: Yes I can use my favorite Set Up Pokemon
Gallade moved from OU to UU: I honestly didn't expect this as it is a very good pokemon
Kingdra moved from UU to RU: Unexpected
Mandibuzz moved from OU to UU: WOW I never saw that coming
Flygon moved from UU to RU: Awesome
Alakazam moved from UU to OU: Cool but no one would use it still
Haunter moved from PU to NU: IDC
Heliolisk moved from RU to UU: Cool I like Heliolisk
Dragalge moved from BL2 to UU: BL2 is somewhat UU
Mamoswine moved from OU to UU: Ok idk if that was a good idea as most pokemon (mostly the megas) are going to be a pain.
Hippowdon moved from UU to OU: I honestly wish it stayed in UU as its fine where it was.
Fletchinder moved from RU to NU: IDC
Sigilyph moved from BL3 to RU: BL3 is somewhat RU
Slurpuff moved from RU to UU: Cool the RU Belly Drum was to broken I guess
Camerupt moved from NU to RU: Testing in NU said so.
Magneton moved from RU to NU: Thats fine magneton wasn't that great anyway
Abomasnow moved from RU to UU: Cool (No Pun intended) but all the good megas are gone now ;~;
Doublade moved from RU to UU: It was fine in RU why move it to UU?
Cresselia moved from RU to UU: IDC
Slowking moved from RU to UU: Slowbro 2.0
Noivern moved from UU to RU: Finally I wanted this to happen.
Tauros moved from BL4 to NU: BL4 is somewhat NU
Kabutops moved from RU to NU: IDC
Seismitoad moved from NU to RU: IDC
Prinplup moved from PU to NU: IDC
Whimsicott moved from RU to UU: IDC
Pinsir moved from RU to NU: Sucker Lunch is disapoint

Can we make Charizard UU and keep its mega at BL, since you made Pinsir NU, Gallade UU, and Houndoom RU?
i don't think you know how this works lol

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
>Watching UU taking like almost every psychic type, AND SLOWKING

YO, it was just cress!! smh. RU took like an extreme turnaround and this should be extremely fun, looking forward to it!

Also, thanks UU for taking slurpuff, I will miss slowking but thank you THANK YOU.

Reactions: zbr

boxofkangaroos

this is the day of the expanding man
I honestly hope Mamo and Mega Gallade move back up to BL. They seem not so healthy to the UU metagame.

Mandibuzz, on the other hand, I am somewhat indifferent to. I'm interested to see what effect it will have on the tier and how popular it will be.

I honestly hope Mamo and Mega Gallade move back up to BL. They seem not so healthy to the UU metagame.

Mandibuzz, on the other hand, I am somewhat indifferent to. I'm interested to see what effect it will have on the tier and how popular it will be.
Mega Gallade was already BL'd before it had moved up to OU.

RU seems really interesting with Kindra and Flygon... Sadly, it lost Heliolisk for Rain Teams or Volt Turn Shenanigans... But well... Maybe I will play RU again... :3

My favorite thing in RU is Sticky Web + Exploud, and now 3 of it's counters are gone, and new fresh meet to get nuked, long life to exploud.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Damn UU is such a thief, they stole so many of our mons...our premier spinblocker, RU's best Electric-type, two of our Fairies, two of our best Psychic-types...all gone. Doublade, Heliolisk, Slurpuff, Whimsicott, Slowking, and Cresselia...all gone. And those were all great and many important Pokemon in this meta. Not to mention they stole Gligar from us the previous tier shift.

At least we did get Noivern, Scrafty, and Flygon. Now I shall finally prove that Scrafty Is The Best!!!

The other shifts are cool, and damn Magneton and Fletchinder are NU now :(... And after Fletch was so great in RU, and now it dropped ???!!!

Mamoswine will be borked though and Mandibuzz will be great in UU. Meh Gallade.

Mamo's introduction to UU would be interesting. Those stabs might turn out to be too strong for UU. Its kinda ironic that if Raikou was UU, mamo would've fared better as a electric type check there. But now that Helio is being used as the premier electric type, Mamo will find that role rather difficult in UU.

M-Banette is still RU right? RU people should just let it go, and allow Banette in a tier(NU) where it can do things other than prankster destiny bond :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a precedent that when a pokemon rises multiple tiers, when it falls it returns to the tier it came from? Since Gallade rose directly from RU to OU, shouldn't it return directly to RU?

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
This will never be funny. It's almost as bad as "Smogonbird".

It took Hippo too long to rise. It's always been a good Mon in OU that deserved high usage but never got it for some stupid reason.

I haven't really had time to play OU matches recently so there might be some recent trend I'm missing but it won't stop me from being surprised that Mamoswine dropped. I know Sash SR lead isn't as good as it used to be due to Mega Sableye and Mega Diancie existing, but LO with Freeze-Dry is still really hard to switch into and revenging Landorus is fantastic.

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Abomasnow moved from RU to UU
Doublade moved from RU to UU
Cresselia moved from RU to UU
Slowking moved from RU to UU
Slurpuff moved from RU to UU
Heliolisk moved from RU to UU
Whimsicott moved from RU to UU
with doubz, cress, king gone, most of my teams are now broken apart ;_; also, hooray to a new ru without shitty cress cm wars only to rely on the crit or random assholes on the ladder bellydrumming turn 1 with puff. also, losing aboma is a clear sign that weather (rain/sun) should start reviving themselves again xD
Scrafty moved from UU to RU
Kingdra moved from UU to RU
Flygon moved from UU to RU
Noivern moved from UU to RU
from now until kingdra's qb, RU is going to be renamed "Rain + Dragspam : The Metagame" esp since now that the main weather annoyer is gone and snover + baby hippo were never a problem for weather in RU anyway. who the fuck wants flygon? we want gligar back D< #freegligarfromuu #givesusbackourbestdefogger

with doubz, cress, king gone, most of my teams are now broken apart ;_; also, hooray to a new ru without shitty cress cm wars only to rely on the crit or random assholes on the ladder bellydrumming turn 1 with puff. also, losing aboma is a clear sign that weather (rain/sun) should start reviving themselves again xD from now until kingdra's qb, RU is going to be renamed "Rain + Dragspam : The Metagame" esp since now that the main weather annoyer is gone and snover + baby hippo were never a problem for weather in RU anyway. who the fuck wants flygon? we want gligar back D< #freegligarfromuu #givesusbackourbestdefogger
The bold was reason #125467983 why I hated RU so much during the two miserable months I played it before topping and stopping. Might as well try it again though since it's basically a brand new meta at this point. (Bye moonduck, you won't be missed!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)