CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 6, part 2

What will be the ability of our new pokemon?

• Compound Eyes

Votes: 43 29.3%
  • Ice Shell

Votes: 67 45.6%
  • Snow Warning

Votes: 37 25.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 2. Not much to say here. This will be a dual ability pokemon, so if your favorite ability isn't the winner, it may still be included on the pokemon (unless you're Snow Warning, because nobody likes you).

Next poll is for art design. Very important thing to have, because without that no one will know if Megahorn is feasible. After that will come basic movepool (I'll be deciding how this thing should learn moves as it levels up and what TMs/HMs it can learn), then new move, then anything else that needs to be cleaned up, like evolutions. For reference:

Compound Eyes- The accuracy of the user's moves are increased by 30% (i.e. Blizzard's 70% accuracy becomes 91%).

Ice Shell- User takes no damage from direct and indirect Rock moves upon switching in (i.e. Stealth Rock, Stone Edge, etc.).

Snow Warning- A permanent hailstorm begins when the user enters battle.

So that's about it. This poll will close in two days.

I voted Snow Warning because it needs some love. Also makes Blizzard 100% accurate and gives another option besides Abomasnow.

I voted Ice Shell this time. I think it would be better with the bulky sweeper set but I don't want it to be ruining by Stealth Rock. And immunity to the spikes is always good. I want Compound Eyes too for leads.

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I changed my mind from Compound Eyes to Ice Shell. Compound Eyes on 0 with Snow Warning on 1? Blasphemy!

I voted Ice Shell because this monster, as cool as it sounds, has horrible typing, and is fragile. Therefore, if we decide to give a Pokemon such bad typing, we should also try and give it immunity to SR instead of take 50% on a switch.

Ice shell. As a mixed sweeper, iit is most likely to hold a life orb. not taking damage from stealth rocks help a lot.

It's ridiculous that it affects Spikes AND Sr AND Ts, one would be good, all 3 is ridiculous.
Automatic, if you're reading this, I did it for you. You have a very good point, and one that I didn't consider. When I created Ice Shell, it was so that this pokemon wouldn't get murdered by its huge weakness. However, Spikes is a constant. Why should I make an ability that gives this pokemon immunity from not only a huge threat, but a respectable one as well? 25% damage with Spikes takes a long time to set up, and if you can do it, then you deserve to win. SR, on the other hand, needs to be goten around. So from this point on, Ice Shell will only protect against Rock damage upon switching in. However, I'm still making it advantageous. Because of the limited number of usable Rock moves in the game, I don't feel this is a huge problem. Nintendo would be proud.

Haha, this time around, Compoundeyes isn't getting nearly as much love as last time. :P

I voted Snow Warning, because
1. We need more than Abomasnow
2. 100% acc Blizzard FTW

Even with Ice Shell protecting it from only SR damage, its still enough to make me want to pick it over other choices. SR is a deadly set-up to Pokemon weak to it.

I went with Ice Shell and despite the new change on how it's effect is(Don't understand how an ablilty that stops one set of spikes like hazard not stop another type of spike hazard) it's a goood ability to have.

I would love to vote for Snow Warning. I mean, we don't need to increase Megahorn's accuracy. But I won't because Hail is a horrible weather condition. Abomasnow is used purely in Hail teams, I don't want to relegate this to the same role. Sure, TTar gets away with it, but TTar can switch in more than once.

I would vote for Ice Shell, but I feel it is like an easy way out. Compound Eyes allows for an interesting Pokemon, especially if we give it Sleep Powder / Hypnosis. I just feel Compound Eyes is more original, even if it already exists.

Automatic, if you're reading this, I did it for you. You have a very good point, and one that I didn't consider. When I created Ice Shell, it was so that this pokemon wouldn't get murdered by its huge weakness. However, Spikes is a constant. Why should I make an ability that gives this pokemon immunity from not only a huge threat, but a respectable one as well? 25% damage with Spikes takes a long time to set up, and if you can do it, then you deserve to win. SR, on the other hand, needs to be goten around. So from this point on, Ice Shell will only protect against Rock damage upon switching in. However, I'm still making it advantageous. Because of the limited number of usable Rock moves in the game, I don't feel this is a huge problem. Nintendo would be proud.

Sweet. I think that's a pretty good change.

Didn't someone suggest this kind of ability in the second poll or something and called it Alpine Skier? Either way, I think it works better and still is a pretty good ability to have.

We could call it Construction Hat. Or Umbrella.
Mountianeer...I mean it's involve avoiding rocks despite the fact that most rock attacks are flying into your face.

TBH I would the change in ability reading was more or less a way to please a certain person so he/she wouldn't keep bitching and moaning(not to say he/she was bitching and moaning mind you.)

Snow Warning's better. I'd give up a 100% accurate Meghorn (if it's even going on) for instant Hail and 100% Blizzards. Ice is so much better than Bug.

i don't know about that change...it seems a little awkward, i don't see why immunity to all field hazards is broken...like someone said...it's still going to risk eating something wicked on the switch in...and with shitty defenses...ice shell is only a portion of magic guard's usefulness.

i donno...just doesn't seem like enough. limits its usage more in my opinion.

I voted ice shell because I kinda think compound eyes is a little too broken, and snow warning hurts your entire team, and this is a pokemon that you'd probably use in more than just a hail team i guess

At the same time i'm not particularly fond of Ice Shells new description, I don't think its a problem that it takes no spikes or toxic spikes damage, its not like it ruins them. And switching in on stone edges and rock slides seems too...weird, for just one turn

Haha, this time around, Compoundeyes isn't getting nearly as much love as last time. :P

I voted Snow Warning, because
1. We need more than Abomasnow
2. 100% acc Blizzard FTW
That and:

With the other options, we still come across a problem. Many sweepers can get owned by something faster then it if it just has a focus sash to endure that first blow. In this case, hail would drop the SoB. It also makes it harder to bring some pokes into play that are commonly used as sweepers (Mence, Garchomp.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)