Sorry for posting another thread about Hacking

What level or Hacking are you comfortable trading for?

• No hacking at all apart from cloning.

Votes: 32 32.3%
  • 'Semi-Legit' stuff.

Votes: 30 30.3%
  • Fast Egg hatching.

Votes: 21 21.2%
  • I'm prepared to play and use pokesav hacked/created pokemon on wifi.

Votes: 16 16.2%

• Total voters
I'm Interested for 3 reasons:

A.) I recently aquired an Xploder reader and I'm interested as to what is generally thought of as Taboo. Generally I'd prefer it if pokemon was as pure as possible but if the pros use fast egg hatch, etc I'd still need to catch up with them.
B.) Obviously everyone has their own limits. Also Smogon bans people using hacked pokemon. It doesn't make complete sense: if you define hacking as using external methods to speed up breeding then every single thing done from an AR is hacking (otherwise you wouldn't do it would you?). We need a better description than that but for that we need some input and ideas.
C.) I'd like to discuss perhaps having an official policy on hacking. Obviously everyone has their own values but what things should we be forced to mention (all of it or should we be allowed to take some things for granted?)

well,i simple HATE illegal hackers(Pure power Slaking)but i am not against normal hackers(maximum Iv's).
My pokes aren't hacked,but i have dittos of all natures and 31 IV in every area,and i do not think that this causes a unfair game,cause in the end,what makes the difference is the player ability.

Semi-legit stuff are fine with me as long as you don't trade it. Hacked stuff (drought Ho-ohs) are stupid and shouldn't be used unless people know about it.

Hacking things with 31IVs is just bad and lazy. Some people spend weeks to hatch good pokes with good HPs and go through endless amounts of bordom for just a stupid peice of code

Hacking all 31 ivs is smart for the person doing it. I HATE breeding stuff and hatching eggs. The person is not lazy anyway, they have to get the codes and know how to use them. I don't mind hacking moves that are normally egg moves as long as they are legal. And I can see Clear Body Regigigas being fair in ubers.

Semi-legit stuff is fine with me, its a really messed up term considering a poke called semi-legit is in fact 100% legit. I don't mind people hacking out-of-bounds stuff either, except if they use it in wifi (unless its wondertomb, then its just fun to watch them lose). I'm kind of against the fast egg hatch cheat, i think its unfair to use, but i will still trade for pokes breeding with it

Semi-legit stuff is fine with me, its a really messed up term considering a poke called semi-legit is in fact 100% legit. I don't mind people hacking out-of-bounds stuff either, except if they use it in wifi (unless its wondertomb, then its just fun to watch them lose). I'm kind of against the fast egg hatch cheat, i think its unfair to use, but i will still trade for pokes breeding with it
I agree with Mr. Goodbar. The term "Semi-legit" is just an unproper term to give a completely legit Pokemon. All you did was give yourself the ability to try and get the monster. You're not really hacking the monster itself. The term "semi-legit" is given to Arceus, Darkrai (the Darkrai that you can actually get in the game), Shaymin, Lati Twins (Eon Ticket ones), Lugia and Ho-Oh (the ticket ones).

And don't you mean Wonderguard?

I don't mind the Semi-Legit stuff, or the Fast Hatched crap... given that the Iv's weren't manually hacked and such... You get my drift.

@Kijin down below me : I'm being conservative by not posting another post, but I think you've done it right.

-General mention of some kind of crazy hack as being bad (weighted towards Wonderguard and Spiritomb).
-Repeat statement that "within limits of game hacking" is OK (50% "if you tell me in advance").
-50% I don't hack myself but I do use <obvious example of something that IS considered hacking by most everyone and is not exempt from the practice of hacking>
-postcount++

am I doing this right?

I clone my own pokemon and have an Arceus in my thread. I'm guessing you can tell what my answer is....

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
There are some types of hacks I accept
1) Emergency hacks: If I needed something, I could ask someone to hack me someone for a particular match or so. Then, I once I breed and/or EV train the real guy, the hack gets scrapped.
2) Fast hatched stuff: Uhh this doesn't really make a difference
3) "Semi" legit: Mainly because Arceus is the last puzzle in my uber team that makes it complete
4) Cloning: Okay I do not need to explain
5) Fun hacks/testing hacks: They can be used to test some stuff out, or maybe do a random hack battle or so. Those are not meant to be used in competitive battles.

I think it's ok...When hacking in the limites of the game...it just saves time. People can also have "fun" battles where they can hack anything they want... (Wonderguard Spiritomb/Huge Power Deoxys-F anyone?)

every member of my team is hacked using pokesav, but i keep them well within the game's limits. i see nothing wrong with that.

I would only battle with pokes I've hacked if my opponent was okay with it, and I would never trade a pokemon if cheating went into ANY part of it's creation (fast egg, perfect parent, even IV checking via pokesav)

I do except semi legit events pokes such as Arceus and Shaymin if and only if they are caught at the right spot at the right level. I'll also hack a previous old event in the 3rd generation if nessesary, just in case i want a legit Doexys, Lugia, or whatever.

If you want an instant gratification team use shoddy. In game teams add another level of difficulty, raising, trading and breeding to get proper EVs and IVs. The main point of doing wifi battles now is to use hand rasied teams.

With that said, why did you post another thread about hacking that is essentially the same as ten other threads about the same subject? I have pokesav and an AR but I never use them online, I just screw around and get the wackiest insanely overpowered combos possible. I use some of them in the battletower for fun. My best battletower team consists of a Wonderguard Spiritomb, a draco meteor/overheat magnezone and a pure power outrage aerodactyl. Spiritomb is just a fallback incase I fuck up horribly somehow so my streak can't be ruined.

Oh, I also hacked to get Arceus, Shaymin and Darkrai, I am not a big enough nerd to go to a nintendo event and they never come around here anyways. I caught them legitimately with ultra balls though so I don't feel bad. Arceus took for fecking ever even with my awesome parasect fighting him.

i do not think semi-legit pokemon should be used. when nintendo is ready to give away that poke, they will do so. if they wanted people to use those pokes, they would have put them in the game. i guess fast hatch is not too bad, although i personally do not do it, because i hatch eggs when i have nothing better to do. hacking ivs is definitely bad. the whole reason they are there is to add one more level of difficulty to try and get good pokes. it takes the fun out of trying to breed for a poke that you like w/ good ivs. anything that is used to speed up raising a pokemon is technically ok, but i agree with Kietharr that in-game battles are to show off stuff you have worked hard to get. if you spend 5 hours breeding each of your pokes, and your opponent hacks their whole team in 15 min., then it is kind of cheap i guess. the hacker has no right to be proud of his pokemon even if he/she wins because he/she put no effort in their pokemon. people hacking to do this should just play shoddy battle etc.

EDIT: cloning is not a big deal. i don't mind AR cloning either because there are other ways of doing the exact same thing that are not much harder, whereas hacking iv/evs takes significantly less time than breeding/ev training your own poke.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hacking things with 31IVs is just bad and lazy. Some people spend weeks to hatch good pokes with good HPs and go through endless amounts of bordom for just a stupid peice of code
And, in the end, it's still just a "stupid piece of code." One that can easily be replicated, a hundred times over, with the use of a simple device. It's not like breeding for weeks on end will produce the cure for cancer or anything.

If pokemon are hacked "within the limits of the game" and do not influence a battle in a manner which a legit pokemon would not do (ex. Wondertomb, things with illegal moves, or things with illegal stats), then I have no problem battling against it. And if someone cannot tell that a pokemon is hacked without looking directly at its coding, then I say it makes no difference. Who really cares what values are stored in the "unused" portion of a pokemon's data.

Though I am against hacking/creating a Pokemon, I find that I am comfortable with semi-legit Pokemon. After all, hacking the event has no effect on the actual Pokemon.

I strongly believe that if you are not prepared to use pokesav, or play against people who use pokesav, then you should either play shoddy or find a different game.

While many people will complain that pokesav is sucking the fun out if it ((sorry, spending 5+ hours to breed high IVs is not my version of fun)), and hat it gives an unfair advantage, many here can attest to the fact that the player with a better team, prediction, and luck will always win.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
To those who are ok with AR cloning-- you must be alright with fast hatch/egg generate codes because it's essentially the same thing: Taking less time to do something that can be done in game and doesn't affect the poke.

There are some types of hacks I accept
1) Emergency hacks: If I needed something, I could ask someone to hack me someone for a particular match or so. Then, I once I breed and/or EV train the real guy, the hack gets scrapped.
2) Fast hatched stuff: Uhh this doesn't really make a difference
3) "Semi" legit: Mainly because Arceus is the last puzzle in my uber team that makes it complete
4) Cloning: Okay I do not need to explain
5) Fun hacks/testing hacks: They can be used to test some stuff out, or maybe do a random hack battle or so. Those are not meant to be used in competitive battles.
Exactly what I would have said, but I've never hacked something for need, I don't see why you'd need to. If you need it four a tournament it won't be allowed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)