Project SS NU Bazaar: Post your teams here!

Corthius

diehard hockey fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
dumping some teams im enjoying a lot.

Grassy Terrain Clawitzer
:clawitzer::Thwackey::ninetales::rhydon::aromatisse::silvally:steel
https://pokepast.es/e4be5e28a3025e91
First of is the classic core of Clawitzer + Thwackey combined with xerovis' core of Thwackey + Ninetales which makes a pretty cool fire/water/grass core. These mons are great at supporting each other. I chose Heavy-Duty Boots over Choice Specs to switch up moves and not get chipped by hazards is really cool. Silvally-Steel and Aromatisse also cover each other pretty well while Rhydon covers fire types Silvally-Steel and Aromatisse cant really break. Every member benefits from the terrain; Clawitzer gets a massive boost on its Terrain Pulse, Thwackey has boosted priority, Ninetales enjoys the recovery while using Substitute + getting its Energy Ball boosted really helps with breaking bulky waters and the rest loves the passive recovery.

Choice Specs Drampa + Choice Specs Ribombee
:drampa::Ribombee::Jellicent::Gallade::rhydon::Silvally:steel
https://pokepast.es/d075a501f33a3bb1
The team is very simple but yet effective; get in Drampa as many times and weaken whats most likely to be steel type that wants to absorb one of your powerful STABS. This has great synergy with Ribombee since its checks are often steel types too. Jellicent + Rhydon + Silvally-Steel give the team a solid defensive back bone and Gallade offers breaking power too but mostly some speed control and pivoting via Teleport which is nice since it draws physical walls Drampa and Ribombee can abuse. Like I said, pretty easy to play.

Sticky Web Kingler
:kingler::vikavolt::rhydon::decidueye::alcremie::silvally:steel
https://pokepast.es/09f33510afc51912
So I really like SD three attacks Kingler on paper but there are just so many threats that are a bit faster. but luckely there is a thing for that - Sticky Web! Under webs, Kingler becomes really threatening. Pairing this with (imo) the best Sticky Web setter Vikavolt was an obvious choice, because Vika gets the most opportunities to set up Sticky Web due to its bulk and access to Roost. Decidueye is a funnny pick because with Sticky Web support the SD set (which wasn't very common pre shift) can drop Shadow Sneak and add Low Sweep to its moveset which allows it to hit those normal types with Sap Sipper. Its also a spin blocker. Alcremie is prob a forgotten fairy type that has the unique ability to actually muscle through steel types like Silvally-Steel. With webs this thing can become a threat and a half too. Rhydon has a more offensive set to also take advantage of the slower opponent. And like every team I've made so far, Silvally-Steel is amazing and patches defensive holes with ease.

dont hate me for using Steelvally on every team >:(

Last edited:
Gonna dump a team here.

Sticky Webs Arctozolt

:arctozolt:,:whimsicott:,:vikavolt,::rhydon:,:miltank:,:silvally: (dragon)

So, after the shifts, I was pretty happy about getting some new mons, these mons often gave me some inspirations for teams, I would go to the NeverUsed room and just ask for suggestions to fix these teams, and make them pretty good, now i would just go right to ladder as soon as i have fixed the team up. But, I wanted to make more teams, with the mons, in PUBL, and my favorite one there was Arctozolt. Arctozolt was one of those broken mons in NU because of its access to Bolt Beak. Bolt Beak would do 140 power if it moved before the opponent, this was really awesome, seeing teams getting oneshot by my pokemon always satisfied me. Now to the team. Arctozolt didnt need sticky webs before but now he does because of the new really speedy mons. Arctozolt is really good honestly but got dropped to PUBL without given much a chance in my opinion. Under Webs, Arctozolt, can dominate a team without any grounds. I chose Whimisicott because of her access to stun spore, and defog and could switch into grounds. I really wanted to make a annoying whimsicott set. I would call this my "Staus Support" Whimsicott. I chose Vikavolt for my webber, because due to his amazing bulk, and access to roost, he can setup a sticky webs without much risk. Rhydon is next after Vikavolt because of his amazing attack and defense, with this set, he could have 500+ defense, he could survive lots of supereffective physical hits. Also, i chose him because of an amazing rocker he is, and the access to SD. He could do massive damage even to water types with that base of 120 Attack. After, its Miltank, I decided to put it in the team mostly because she can take a +2 Energy Ball or a Fire Blast from Ninetales. which is one of the biggest threat to this tier after it had dropped from RU. I decided as my last mon, i decided to add a cleaner, i wanted to add Silvally-Dragon because I like dragon types.
https://pokepast.es/d94b214f40697014
Team could use some changes but I want it to be the way I built it

Last edited:

Danny

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
ZU Circuit Champion
So I waited after this slate of bans to make this post, because Drampa sucks. A lot. Even with Croak, Drampa and Vikavolt gone, there are still many threats to stall which hinder it significantly. The lack of defensive counterplay to trick, the amount of breakers who's coverage options shred stall, and the sheer number of set up mons which shit on quag really hinder the playstyle immensely. That being said, stall can still be immensely threatening with the right plays, and for that reason I wanted to make this post.

I will be posting four teams, three of which I made, the other made by the GOAT himself Davon . We both appreciate stall occasionally, and so we tried to make teams which work well in this meta game.

The idea of this team was to make a team which was free from the restraints of running Quagsire. In my eyes, quagsire is pretty restrictive in what it can wall, and the only reason it is a staple on stall is because of it's awesome ability Unaware. I felt that with the support of Sableye's Prankster Encore and Clear Smog from Gastrodon, I didn't need an Unaware pokemon to beat those pesky set up sweepers.

Gastrodon @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Clear Smog
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Recover
Gastro's main job is to beat Clawitzer, which is actually a threat to stall. CLawitzer has perfect coverage, and its immense power and good coverage beats stall very easily. Gastro neutralizes this threat, also being a soft check to Duraludon in its ability to eat Draco Meteors and recover them off. The moveset is pretty straight forward, Clear Smog for those Special set up pokemon besides Frosmoth, Scald for Burns, EP for Duraludon/Skuntank, and then Recover for, IDK recovery.

Sandslash-Alola @ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 HP / 228 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Knock Off/ Triple Axel
- Toxic/ Earthquake
This is my Frosmoth Conter/Spinner. It beats the fairies with Iron head, and although I really do not need hazard removal for this team, it is still nice considering the heavy duty boots pokemon can get knocked off. Movest is straight forward, Rapid for removal, knock off for taking away annoying items, Irno head for fairies, and Toxic for everything else. I could run EQ to hit opposing steel types, but with the will-o-wisps from Weezing and Sableye, Also Triple Axel was used a lot to be able to break Haunter's Substitute and to KO weakened Drampa's but that is unnecessary right now for obvious reasons. I felt that I was doing okay against steel types. The 28 speed EVs were to outspeed Drampa and either Knock or Toxic it, but since he's gone, you could put the rest into SpDef.

Miltank (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Thick Fat
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Milk Drink
- Toxic
The Stealth rocker of the team, Miltank always provides a useful win condition on stall, with Seismic Toss always hitting for 100 HP. It also is a must have on this team, because it is the only thing that beats Ninetales (Most of the time) and it provides me a toxic mon. Not much else to say about her, she's a beast on stall, and everyone knows it.

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest
So I was at first Black sludge, but then I got shit on by King's Rock Cincinno, so I said fuck him and threw a Rocky Helmet on him. Also Punishes U-turners, who try to get momentum on my team. EVs are just max defense, needed a primary fighting/ grass check, and here he is. Sludge for STAB, and Will-o-wisps for physical attackers/Steel Types/ and Poison Types. Rest is there because it is the only reliable form of recovery Weezing gets. Toxic Spikes make my offense match up waaay better, chipping grounded mons, and forcing Defog/Rapid Spin, stealing momentum from those teams.

Aromatisse @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
The Cleric and Wish Passer of the team, Aromatisse provides a crucial role on any stall team, giving us the ability to pass wishes to the other members of the team, and the ability to heal off status on any member of the team. I opted for Max Defense on this team, to beat Gallade and to deal with Sneasel.

Sableye @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Prankster
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Encore
- Will-O-Wisp
The star of the team, this is my main way to beat set up pokemon, and another Knock Off user. THe EVs are there to wall Gallade, and to provide it with the best chance of living against scary physical pokemon.

This team struggles with the banned mons, and trick of course, for that just pick your most useless mon and essentially sack it. Other than that, make sure you don't let physical pokemon overwhelm Sableye and you should be good. Another note, Ninetales is a huge threat to this team, I would recomend going hard Miltank and praying. Honestly Ninetales sucks for all of these teams, just gotta make sure it doesn't get out of control.

Gallade (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SpD / 136 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
Gallade is cool because he provides the team with a real win condition after a few bulk ups. Fairies suck for him, so wearing them down over the course of the game with Stealth Rocks and Toxic Spikes is essential. The Special Defense investment allows it to substitute up on passive mons such as Weezing and to eat Dracos from Duraludon. Drain Punch for recovery and Knock off for ghosts and Fighting resists. Not the most reliable win condition, but it does give you a way to sometimes 6-0 bulkier teams.

Miltank (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Milk Drink
- Toxic

Sandslash-Alola @ Leftovers
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 252 HP / 228 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Toxic

Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Ability: Neutralizing Gas
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
The reason I used Neutralizing Gas on this team is the fact that not everyone is Heavy Duty Boots and I needed a Grounded Poison type to absorb Toxic spikes. Neutralizing Gas is also useful to negate abilities such as Snow Warning, Magic Guard, Grassy Terrain, Technician and many other annoying abilities. The reason I have Taunt over Rest this time, is because in reviewing the team, I realize that ID Cofagrigus is a threat, and Taunting it really takes away its power. The 96 Spdef EVs are also for Cofag, allowing it to not be 3HKO'd by its Shadow Ball.
Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Haze
- Scald
- Earthquake
Standard Quagsire with Haze. Does its job solidly and keeps physical win conditions from getting out of hand. Haze is for Malamar, Calm Mind pokemon, and of course the Coffin.

Shedinja The Alpha Corpse
In reviewing my Stall Teams, Davon came up with the idea of trying out Shedinja, a pokemon that does not get much love. We both made two teams which are pretty solid, they each do different things and personally, his is better all around, mine is reminiscent of most of my stall teams and wrecks offense, which his really struggles with.

Shedinja @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance/Will-o-Wisp
- Poltergeist
- Protect
- Toxic
The namesake of these teams, Shedinja provides the team with immunities to many wallbreakers and passive pokemon in the tier, including but not limited to: Non Hurricane Frosmoth, Whimsicott(Be careful of the rare leech seed), Ribombee, Hitmontop, Drampa's STABS, Accelgor, Aromatisse, Hitmontop, Basculin, Duraludon, Galvantula, Garbodor, Magneton(Be wary of toxic), Piloswine, most poliwrath, and scarf togedemaru. As you can see, it walls a ton, and can either toxic it's switch ins or poltergeist for significant damage. This version of Shedinja is weak to Hail and Sand, which is why I like Davon's better, but this one needs less support and is of course not hazard weak. Swords Dance is to break past Weezing if you really want him gone, even though repeated Poltergeists usually do the trick. Protect is to scout moves, and switch into your counter, and toxic is for your checks. Swords dance could be switched with Will-o-Wisp, to further annoy Weezing and those steel types. Alternatively a Jolly nature could be used in tandem with Will-o-Wisp to cripple/outspeed Rhydon, which wrecks this team. Shedinja also was useful to incentivize Drampa to throw off it's fire type move, allowing me to go into Miltank.

Miltank (F) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Milk Drink
- Toxic

Silvally-Steel @ Steel Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 HP / 80 SpD / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Multi-Attack
- Parting Shot
- Flamethrower
Wanted to try out a Silvally, so I went with Steelvally, to give me a secondary Fairy/Frosmoth counter IF Shedinja is gone. It is also the defogger of the team, removing hazards for the other pokemon. Jolly nature with 176 speed EVS were put there to outspeed non-scarf Gallade, and parting shot out. Parting shot is really useful for those slower threats such as Clawitzer, Rhydon, and at the time Drampa.

EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
This EV spread gives Aromatisse the most bulk that it can in Defense while still being able to live special attacks from those threats. It also lets it live a Multi Attack from defensive Steelvally, which is a pain to play.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Haze

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Ability: Neutralizing Gas
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt

Not going to go over much on this one, just the Poison Vally, Shedinja and the Hattrem since everything else is your typical stuff. Davon's team is by far the coolest one of the bunch, and in my opinion the most fun to play with. This team takes a lot more strategy to play, as you will see, but the pay off is way larger in comparison to my Shedinja team. Would not reccomend this team for newer stall players, as for example it's like playing Ninjask offense like Mariannabelle and I enjoy, FUCK STEALTH ROCKS.

Shedinja @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poltergeist
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
- Toxic
Safety Goggles are interesting because it makes sure that you also wall Abomasnow and Vanilluxe. Not to mention offensive Sandslash-Alola. Gives you a little more breathing room in regards to that, at the expense of, a SR weakness.

Miltank (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Careful Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock
- Milk Drink
- Toxic

Quagsire @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Protect/Scald
Protect is only here to scout choice locked pokemon, as well as provide a way to get more recovery. This set is pretty cool, you could put Scald over Protect, to be able to burn guys, but you really do not need it so I understand why Davon put it there.

Hattrem (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Mystical Fire
- Psychic
Because of the aforementioned weakness, Davon decided to pair Shedinja with Hattrem, to guarantee that SR and other hazards do not go up, most of the time. Hattrem is honestly, ok in the current meta, beats most rocks mons besides Rhydon, and also is pretty bulky due to Eviolite. It is also nice that it has a pure psychic typing, allowing it to beat Silvally Steel, only taking around 30 from offensive. Good mon, moveset is easy, Rest for recovery, sleep talk so it isn't completely passive, and Mystical Fire and Psychic for STAB and a way to hit steel types/weaken scary special pokemon.

Silvally-Poison @ Poison Memory
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Def / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Defog
- Flamethrower
- Parting Shot
Because we are using Hattrem, we needed a grounded poison type on this team to absorb Toxic Spikes from Neutralizing Gas Weezing, and if someone manages to sneak one in. To compress the grounded poison role and a defogger assuming rocks do somehow go up, Defog is there, which is honestly the onyl reason this guy is here over Weezing. It also provides parting shot momentum to switch out into a more defensive guy on Rhydon or Gastrodon.

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell

This team is weaker to offensive teams, because of its passivity compared to my Shedinja team, but it is really consistent versus most fat teams. The lack of additional hazard support also hurts, but you really do not need it because of the thicc ass mons on this team.

Shout outs to Davon for reviewing all my teams and for allowing me to post your team as will. Stall will always be an effective way to cheese wins, but against the best players you need to play aggressively with it or else risk losing to consistent pressure. Have fun with our teams, and please give any suggestions/comments about the teams as well, I am always trying to learn more about this meta, and could use you help! Thanks for reading!

PS: I suck with computers so no gifs again sorry. If anyone wants to help put them there, I would love that, I'm just not technologically adept :)

Last edited:
Thank you for posting your____bro
I’m gonna start off by saying that I don’t think stall is very good right now. My team was taking advantage of a couple meta trends that I noticed personally.

1. I noticed a lack of rhydon atleast on the ladder. I felt like people were using more passive rockers like miltank, ferroseed, and spdef mudsdale a lot. Max attack rhydon is a real issue for my variation of shedinja stall. It relies on quagsire or toxic to deal with rhydon. To help with the rhydon I matchup I changed sleep talk on Hattrem to giga drain. With rest in the last slot you can still always block hazards from miltank, and don’t necessarily need sleep talk.

2. Skuntank is probably the biggest threat to any stall team, but people are distracted by the other drops right now and not using skuntank as much. Since my quag is forced to run a lot of physdef for rhydon it only makes the matchup vs skuntank worse. You can get away with 164+ defense IIRC, it avoids the 2hko from rhydon’s EQ, then run the remaining EVs in spdef to help vs skuntank. I also changed miltank’s speed to 24 evs with Timid nature to outspeed modest skuntank, getting that last seismic toss of could be what wins you the game.

Also, I think shedinja stalls will probably be inferior to sableye stalls right now because of gallade. My team basically gets 6-0’d from a lead gallade and there’s not much I can change if I want to still use shedinja.

I hope you guys find the teams interesting and give you some different perspectives on the meta.

Katy

Banned deucer.
Ninetales + Poliwrath Bulky Offense

:ninetales: :poliwrath: :silvally: (ghost) :mudsdale: :sneasel: :rotom-fan:

Ninetales @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball
- Scorching Sands

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Liquidation
- Ice Punch

Silvally-Ghost @ Ghost Memory
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack
- Flame Charge
- U-turn

Mudsdale @ Leftovers
Ability: Stamina
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Toxic

Sneasel @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Swords Dance

Rotom-Fan @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash

i've built this team 'round the new drop ninetales, ninetales is an excellent pkmn in this ter as it has tremendous speed with 328 and outspeeds many mons naturally, it has nasty plot + 3 attacks (fire, grass, ground coverage) and hdb. poliwrath is an excellent sneasel check with drain punch as longevity option alongside leftis, and it has ice coverage as well with ice punch to hit flying-types and a hard hitting liquidation. silvally-ghost and sneasel help this team with breaking down defensice cores as this team struggles with it otherwise. rotom-fan is the ground-immunity and defogger with wisp to burn potential physical threats and volt-switch to get in other teammates rather safely. mudsdale is a physical tank with stealth rocks to set entry-hazards, rock slide to hit annoying flying-types and stab-earthquake alongside toxic to help this team against bulky waters like wishiwashi, cramorant and jellicent.

had a fun match against eternally while he was trying to prove kubfu is a good pokemon

Aurora Veil HO
1600541221194.png
1600541239558.png
1600541256026.png
1600541284308.png
1600541295899.png
1600541306304.png

Lycanroc-Midnight @ Focus Sash
Ability: No Guard
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Endeavor

Vanilluxe @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Blizzard
- Flash Cannon
- Freeze-Dry

Sandslash-Alola @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Triple Axel
- Earthquake

Frosmoth @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Ice Scales
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Ice Beam
- Bug Buzz
- Hurricane

Ninetales @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Scorching Sands

Ribombee @ Life Orb
Ability: Shield Dust
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Moonblast
- Psychic
Not the most complicated team ever but with veil being such a slept on playstyle in NU right now it puts in a ton of work, almost to the point of being unfair. Lycanroc is a cool anti lead that lets me deny rocks with taunt (which lets me get away with not running boots on Ribombee and Ninetales), get my own out, and ideally take something out with endeavor on the way out. Vanilluxe is the veil setter of choice thanks to its decent enough speed tier and ability to hit hard when you need it to and after that you just have a bunch of set up sweepers with Slash-a being the go-to for any dedicated veil team thanks to its ability to basically out speed the entire meta under hail and ability to nail important ohkos such as weezing at +2. Moth is just a generically good set up sweeper that gets to disgusting levels with the help of veil thanks to ice scales giving it a massive sp.d boost which only gets better when mixed with veil. Ninetales is there to be able to set up on fire types because the team really struggles against them and if you're in a tales vs tales situation the one with veil up is probably the one winning that. And finally the MVP of the team: Modest QD Ribombee. This thing is a monster once it gets going and with modest LO you pretty much break everything that isn't a dedicated wall to Ribombee and if those checks are lacking or worn down you pretty much secure a free win.

This teams pretty auto pilot to play which makes it a lot of fun to just pick up and play so enjoy

Katy

Banned deucer.
Veil in a nutshell! (once again)

:vanilluxe: :sandslash-alola: :kingler: :ninetales: :silvally: (dragon) :duraludon:

Team:
Vanilluxe @ Light Clay
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Taunt
- Aurora Veil

Sandslash-Alola @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Triple Axel
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Kingler @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Agility

Ninetales @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball
- Scorching Sands
- Nasty Plot

Silvally-Dragon @ Dragon Memory
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack
- Flame Charge
- Iron Head

Duraludon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Light Metal
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Steel Beam
- Body Press
- Stealth Rock

Description:
this team is built around aurora-veil vanilluxe and slush rush sandslash-alola with the help from focus sash duraludon as a lead-option to spread stealth rocks and with its dual-stab in draco meteor and steel beam, body press is for ferroseed to spread damage and to weaken that threat.
vanilluxe sets veil and has the option taunt to prevent defogs and its stab in blizzard and freeze-dry, where the latter is there to damage bulky waters. kingler is the dual-dancer with agility and swords dance - it has the life orb in conjunction with sheer force, which hits really hard especially after a swords dance-boost. the remaining slot is for knock off to break through jellicent which could otherwise be troublesome for kingler to deal with. ninetales is a very dangerous set-up pkmn with nasty plot + 3 attacks. the last member on the squad is dragonvally with swords dance, stab multi-attack and flame charge, where flame charge is for steels and the last move iron head is for bulky fairies like alcremie, aromatisse and clefairy.

s/o to Corthius for the help on this team!

Dumping a Team here.
Just gonna point out that I have left the NU Community but I will continue to make teams for you guys to enjoy! :)
(because i am an ex-member)

:escavalier::snorlax::gallade::clefairy::togedemaru::cofagrigus: <--paste

After the new shift, I noticed that Escavalier had joined NU, I was surprised, I had never ever expected such a mon with great attack stat join the tier. I decided that even though I was gone from the NU Community, I still wanted to make teams for them. Because of great attacking stat, Escavalier is our main star in this team, this pokemon is capable of sweeping whatever is in its way. Our next pokemon happens to be Snorlax, because Snorlax has a wonderful, impressive HP stat, and a great SpD stat, along with Attack too, we could even use Belly Drum Snorlax! Due to it's access to Thick Fat, it can absorb Fire Blasts from +2 Ninetales, which is one of our main threats to our main pokemon, which is Escavalier, here is the Calc: +2 252 SpA Ninetales Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Thick Fat Snorlax: 67-81 (12.7 - 15.4%) -- possibly the worst move ever, crazy right?, it is basically nothing to Snorlax. Our next pokemon is Gallade, our second offensive mon on the team. It's great Attack stat, makes it a very awesome fast sweeper with Choice Scarf, it is another check to Ninetales, it's job is to kill threats or weaken mons for Escavalier to break through. Our next mon is Clefairy. Clefairy is one of the best supports in NU due to its access to Wish, Teleport, Aromatherapy. It's job is to heal the Pokemon on the team that have been hurt. If my offensive mons have been burned, or paralyzed, which are the most major statuses to offensive like my Escavalier and Gallade, and fast which is my Gallade. Our next pokemon is Togedemaru, which I brought because I wanted a pivot in my team, a U-turner, and also because he could paralyze mons and take down Ninjasks that haven't been speed boosted yet. I added Cofagrius as my last mon because he has an incredible bulk and there was a tech that I wanted to try on him. It was just for fun!

:silvally-dragon: :duraludon: :flapple: :clawitzer: :escavalier: :ribombee:

Silvally-Dragon @ Dragon Memory
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Defog
- Flamethrower

Duraludon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Body Press
- Thunder Wave

Caramelisador (Flapple) @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
Adamant Nature
- Grav Apple
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch

Clawitzer @ Choice Specs
Ability: Mega Launcher
Modest Nature
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Aura Sphere

Escavalier @ Choice Band
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Megahorn
- Iron Head

Ribombee @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sweet Veil
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Trick
- Psychic

Haha, dragons go brrrr. Solid team, got me to peak 1410s within 25 games (then I tilted to double Draco Meteor Miss).
proof of peak dragon spam.png

Here's a replay of me raging against Shedinja stall because I missed Draco Meteors (I should've won that game): https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1200412507-giublwycen2en4asdsj5xdlkzklmu4ppw

Another weird replay of me fanboying Rabia, except it wasn't Rabia. Also a loss. Maybe I should've picked winning replays... https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1200211596-121b5y2fiskjcdb4qfnclwicd42b7hzpw

Anyway, just click buttons.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi NU, I wanted to share a hyper offensive squad that I've been very successful with the past few weeks.

Power Herb Rapidash HO:
:froslass: :silvally-ghost: :rapidash: :wishiwashi-school: :duraludon: :ninjask:
Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

Silvally-Ghost @ Ghost Memory
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Multi-Attack
- X-Scissor

Rapidash @ Power Herb
Ability: Flame Body
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Solar Blade
- High Horsepower

Wishiwashi-School @ Leftovers
Ability: Schooling
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 128 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Protect

Duraludon @ Eject Pack
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Body Press

Ninjask
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Protect

The premise of the team was that Froslass is a really effective suicide lead, being faster than nearly the whole tier, reliably keeping rocks off, and always getting a spike. I use its ability to keep rocks off to support itemless Jask and Power Herb Solar Blade Rapidash; without SR up, they become a lot more dangerous.

:froslass: HO lead, very standard stuff here. Ice beam > icy wind because 2HKOing Duraludon is good, and you're already fast af anyways. Always lead this*, and always Taunt their Rocker to keep SR off. Don't try to outpredict, keeping SR off is way more important than chip / an extra Spike.
*the one scenario where you don't lead this is vs Ribombee; Sticky Webs being up sucks for this team, so lead Jask to threaten Dual Wingbeat and force them out.

:rapidash: SD Power Herb Rapidash was initially designed as a Mudsdale lure to help Jask / SilvGhost sweep, but I soon discovered that it is just a really good set in general, having no real defensive answers outside of Silvally-Dragon (which you can trade with). Even if they know you are Power Herb and, say, scout with Protect, it is still an effective set; +2 Flare Blitz does enough damage to Mudsdale. It usually trades with a physical wall, making it a lot easier for the other physical sweepers. Having a Fire-type on offense is also really nice to resist Moonblast and threaten Escavalier.

:silvally-ghost: Silvally-Ghost is a great HO Pokemon because of its typing, difficulty to revenge, and ability to take advantage of passive teams. Having an immunity to Gallade's CC is very useful, letting you set up on it revenging Rapidash and preventing the opponent from tearing through your team with it late-game. It subs on walls like Garb / Weezing / Miltank; although their hazards are annoying for the team, you can usually accept that annoyance in favor of breaking through much of their team at +2 behind a sub. Finally, it is difficult for offense to revenge; Ninjask and Scarf Gallade can't OHKO it.

:wishiwashi-school: :duraludon: Wishi and Duraludon useful pivots that are strong and provide needed resistances. Wishi means I have a scald switch-in and slow pivot to bring in my sweepers; Duraludon gives me Rocks and, more importantly, a Ninjask answer, which is essential for the matchup against opposing offenses. Eject Pack + Draco makes Duraludon a pivot, and Hydro Pump + SpAtk investment makes Wishi threatening enough to warrant use on a HO squad. You can run more speed on Wishi if you want; it currently outspeed min speed Mudsdale, but creep however much you like. More Speed can be useful to keep Rocks off.

:ninjask: Itemless Ninjask is one of the strongest sweepers around, and the team does a good job paving the way for it to clean late-game by forcing general physical walls to take tons of damage answering Rapidash or Silv-Ghost (and forcing Steels to take chip from Duraludon). This is one of the best Pokemon in the tier, and this team ensures that you can punish opponents that have less than 3 solid answers to it.

I've been told by a few people that HDB Jask makes more sense due to no removal. That provides the team with a more reliable revenge killer, and it is definitely a valid change. While I personally like the power and think Rocks can be kept off fairly well in most MUs due to Taunt + Mudsdale lure, feel free to give that version a try -- I'll test it out some too!

Some replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1200716732-dv5a3ltt6wv3o31eng7a6unbp6vm5rupw POCL Finals vs nunes, lost due to a draco miss that would have secured 100% win
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1196927451-n8kg5txyw0mlw8c9nqhoq3p6l3w1ae9pw Discord PL semifinals, my teammate ACR1 won with it
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8nu-519978 NU League R2 W (im 'naturalbornsinnoh')
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1198871049-x3lgjw7hbfh4ol8aagyp1x50czpy4t8pw NU team tour W

Enjoy! I've really loved using this team, and think it is both very good and very fun. I hope you guys do too '-'

Last edited:
I'm sorry.

Grassy Terrain Swoobat:
:Mudsdale: :Thwackey: :Swoobat: :Trevenant: :Whimsicott: :Wishiwashi:
Mudsdale @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- High Horsepower
- Smack Down
- Toxic

Thwackey @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Grassy Surge
Jolly Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- U-turn
- Taunt

Swoobat @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Simple
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Trevenant @ Choice Band
Ability: Natural Cure
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Poltergeist
- Grassy Glide
- Horn Leech

Whimsicott @ Rose Incense
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Memento

Wishiwashi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Atk / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Liquidation
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Protect

So this slightly degenerate team has been something that I've been enjoying immensely and has been giving me nothing but solid results with both for me and my friends who I've passed this to both in tournaments like NUL (where its currently undefeated), on ladder, and in test games.

The entire idea is you set Terrain, play out the game until you get into a point where Swoobat wins, and then proceed to win the game either with the slow momentum into a Swoobat for free or with Memento support from Whimsicott which baits in stuff like Weezing or Escav which lets you find a moment to set up for free. Whishi + muds are insanely hard to actually break with terrain + leftovers healing which allows me to blanket check a lot in the tier by virtue of their insane bulk + insane passive recovery. The team kinda struggles vs Fairy and Dragon types but I've come to make peace with the fact that some times you just need to win the game with Swoobat before they do. Also if you haven't been hit by a terrain boosted Trevenant its actually terrifying because Grassy Glide is no joke, its pretty much the secondary win condition.

Last edited:

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
I'm sorry.

Grassy Terrain Swoobat:
Mudsdale @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- High Horsepower
- Smack Down
- Toxic

Jolly Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- U-turn
- Taunt

Swoobat @ Grassy Seed
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Trevenant @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Poltergeist
- Grassy Glide
- Horn Leech

Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Memento

Wishiwashi @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Liquidation
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Protect

So this slightly degenerate team has been something that I've been enjoying immensely and has been giving me nothing but solid results with both for me and my friends who I've passed this to both in tournaments like NUL (where its currently undefeated), on ladder, and in test games.

The entire idea is you set Terrain, play out the game until you get into a point where Swoobat wins, and then proceed to win the game either with the slow momentum into a Swoobat for free or with Memento support from Whimsicott which baits in stuff like Weezing or Escav which lets you find a moment to set up for free. Whishi + muds are insanely hard to actually break with terrain + leftovers healing which allows me to blanket check a lot in the tier by virtue of their insane bulk + insane passive recovery. The team kinda struggles vs Fairy and Dragon types but I've come to make peace with the fact that some times you just need to win the game with Swoobat before they do. Also if you haven't been hit my a terrain boosted Trevenant its actually terrifying because Grassy Glide is no joke, its pretty much the secondary win condition.
no

I'm sorry.

Grassy Terrain Swoobat:
Mudsdale @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- High Horsepower
- Smack Down
- Toxic

Jolly Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- U-turn
- Taunt

Swoobat @ Grassy Seed
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Trevenant @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Poltergeist
- Grassy Glide
- Horn Leech

Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Memento

Wishiwashi @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Liquidation
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Protect

The entire idea is you set Terrain, play out the game until you get into a point where Swoobat wins, and then proceed to win the game either with the slow momentum into a Swoobat for free or with Memento support from Whimsicott which baits in stuff like Weezing or Escav which lets you find a moment to set up for free. Whishi + muds are insanely hard to actually break with terrain + leftovers healing which allows me to blanket check a lot in the tier by virtue of their insane bulk + insane passive recovery. The team kinda struggles vs Fairy and Dragon types but I've come to make peace with the fact that some times you just need to win the game with Swoobat before they do. Also if you haven't been hit by a terrain boosted Trevenant its actually terrifying because Grassy Glide is no joke, its pretty much the secondary win condition.
hold the fk up, this team was used against me in NUL League Cycle 2 - Round 4, How could you

Corthius

diehard hockey fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
CT is only two days away from now and I wanted to post all of my pre-DLC2 teams for you all to enjoy. I probably dont add much description to them.

:Escavalier::Wishiwashi::Mudsdale::Rotom::Ribombee::Ninetales:
https://pokepast.es/775d7abe83cda79f
The team was thrown together after Escavalier dropped and could use another Ninetales check. Overall a cool team with a lot of good current pivots to help abusing Escavalier.

:Munchlax::Weezing::Rotom::mudsdale::Whimsicott::escavalier:
https://pokepast.es/5e703b218c540b15
This is prob my favorite "hot take" pokemon: Munchlax. I explained what its strengths and weaknesses here. Paired with Toxic Spikes this thing can be really annoying to deal with. Whimsicott isnt the best defogger but it fits the team really well.

:gurdurr::sandslash-alola::rotom::mudsdale::jellicent::ribombee:
https://pokepast.es/04cbe25ab33b877e
This is a leftover from the short Snorlax meta. Gurdurr was able to set up against Curse Snorlax and beat it 1v1. The team is hella weak against Duraludon but I never had the biggest issues dealing with it. Skill Swap Ribombee is niche pick to set up on Ninetales.

:clawitzer::ninjask::mudsdale::appletun::silvally:(steel):rapidash:
https://pokepast.es/fd65aab45338f557
Clawitzer is such a cool breaker imo. I never liked locking myself into one move with Choce Specs since its coverage screams switchin up moves and Espert Belt boosts your amazing super effective coverage. Ninjask (yes I use HDB, because Im bad at removing hazards) lures physical walls like Mudsdales or Weezing which Clawitzer can abuse. The rest is standard balance with Appletun being a niche Ninetales + Ground check.

:galvantula::cramorant::mudsdale::escavalier::rotom::garbodor:
https://pokepast.es/bd3b158ecd9c7d3f
I recently thought of Galvantula because I thought its coverage and speed is actually cool even tho its mostly outclassed by better electric and bug types. Spikes are used to compensate its middling SpA-stat. Escav+Muds+Cram is a nice defensive core to back up the team and rotom is busted.

:gallade::ninjask::cramorant::togedemaru::mudsdale::gastrodon:
https://pokepast.es/d0d64a7fc9155263
We all know that Gallade is broken in its own way. This team is my attempt to utilize its breaking potential while enabling Ninjask to sweep. WishToge is a nice way to check Ninjask myself which gets a free switchin when Gallade gets a kill. The rest is the back bone of the team.

:silvally:(dragon):Ribombee::cramorant::mudsdale::escavalier::Miltank:
https://pokepast.es/17cf0307699fd744
This team was build from Aawin and me and is one of my absolut favorites of all time. Its based arround Work Up Silvally-Dragon to break deefensive steels for Ribombee with some cool techs we invented e.g. Lash Out Mudsdale to hit Rotom/Cramorant on the turn it defogs. Fire Punch on Miltank is little lure for steel types, mainly Escavalier, to make a sweep from Ribombee even easier.

:Duraludon::Vanilluxe::Ninetales::Frosmoth::Rapidash-galar::Silvally:(dragon)
https://pokepast.es/d8162679eee69d20
this is my last team and my only attempt for HO (which im bad at building). The basic idea of HO is simple. The only mon I might need to explain is Rapidash-Galar. Rapidash is a nice check to a lot of offensive mons and can fairly easy sweep in the endgame if Frosmoth chipped at steely enough. Heavy-Duty Boots are mainly for checking opposing hazards since i dont run hazard removal and would be kinda weak against them (mainly Sticky Web).

Im sure these team can be improved. Hope you all do well and lets hope we dont get flooded by broken stuff.

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Dropping 2 of my builds after seeing Corthius post his ;w;

I initially build this around DragMag core Appletun + Magneton. Specs Appletun hits pretty hard and the cover each others' weaknesses fairly well. I really wanna bring Appletun in safely though, so I added Clefairy, and that helps with Fighting-type Pokemon like Gallade or Sawk(if people still uses that) along with providing recovery for the entire team with Wish. Although Appletun is really nice for Fire-types like Ninetales or Rapidash, I do feel like adding an extra support for them, especially if this gets chipped down by Stealth Rock or Ninjask's U-turn. Ninjask is NU's best Speed control and it synergizes with both Appletun and Magnezone really well aswell. Topping the team off with Mudsdale for Stealth Rock for needed chip for all our breakers. The team is lacking removal, Sivally-S is optional over Magneton but I prefer just healing the team with Clefairy overtime. This team is called "Horses Loves Apples!"
(steel)
Wanted to build this around Gourgeist, also HAPPY HALLOWEEN. Ninetales is the first thing to come to mind as an offensive core with Gourgeist since Gourg running Atk and Ninetales is SpA. This core covers each others' weaknesses again and they from a Wallbreaker + Setup Wallbreaker core. Gourgeist has a light shined since Sneasel's ban and Decidueye's tier shift and hits pretty hard with Poltergeist due to many Pokemon not running itemless commonly in NU. I did figure that maybe for some reason Sap Sipper Miltank will become a niche for these Trev/Gour teams so I added Gallade and then Silvally-S due to stuff being threatened by Specs Fairy-types like Ribombee and Whimsicott. S-Steel does not have any recovery options do not say rest because its no room (its defog) so I added Aromatisse for Wish and check to SIlvally Dragon. Finally, the OG Mudsdale for neccesary rocks.

Abejas

Yo where Ken at
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Updated the thread with all the new teams so we can all see how the meta was before the second DLC. Just a heads up I would really appreciate if you could use the :pokemon: code when you post the teams, makes it much easier to update the thread.

Keep up with the great teams guys, i am really hoping for some interesting teams this new DLC!

:ss/Arctovish: :ss/Arctozolt: :ss/Abomasnow: :ss/Hattrem: :ss/Duraludon: :ss/Golduck:

Great team with the two goofy fossils and their newly released Hidden Abilities, also showcasing Hattrem's phenomenal anti-hazard capabilities and Golduck as a counter-hail pick and a cool, fast, offensive Water-type.
Replays:
- Vs. Rabia's hail: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1207869158-magtai56t8lgstkd52hrrl7mbozqupjpw.
- Vs. your____bro's shameful anti-hail: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1207876763-v7l0o4861t6l0wylpfdne7f6j5y1ncupw.
- Vs. aforementioned yourstepbro's own hail: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1207874339-njn7obcpbz7sjs60opucwahybh0m6mjpw.

Arctovish @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Icicle Crash
- Crunch
- Freeze-Dry / Substitute

Arctozolt @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Bolt Beak
- Freeze Dry / Thunderbolt / Hydro Pump
- Stomping Tantrum

Abomasnow @ Icy Rock
Naive Nature
- Giga Drain
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Aurora Veil

Hattrem (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Nuzzle
- Psychic

Duraludon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Heavy Metal
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse
- Stealth Rock

Golduck @ Choice Specs
Ability: Cloud Nine
Modest / Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Flip Turn
- Focus Blast

:ss/Ribombee: :ss/gallade: :ss/kadabra: :ss/rotom: :ss/stunfisk-galar: :ss/cramorant:

Another cool team, this time with tech Counter Kadabra and Substitute + Nasty Plot Rotom as well as the standard Ribombee + Gallade core.
Replays:
- Vs. yourstepbro: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1207023629-txw436bbik2ehc1dykjpw3plki9w9n8pw

Ribombee @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sweet Veil
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Trick
- Psychic

Gallade (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Trick
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt

Kadabra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Encore
- Counter
- Knock Off

Rotom @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball

Stunfisk-Galar @ Leftovers
Ability: Mimicry
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Cramorant @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Gulp Missile
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Roost
- Defog
- Hurricane

:ss/torracat: :ss/piloswine: :ss/duraludon: :ss/whimsicott: :ss/escavalier: :ss/gastrodon:

The infamous Torracat team. I think I've been advocating for Torracat way too much, so if you guys want to see many some replays, check out my Torracat VR post! (awa)

Torracat @ Eviolite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Parting Shot
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Flamethrower

Piloswine @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock

Duraludon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Heavy Metal
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse
- Thunder Wave

Whimsicott @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Defog
- U-turn
- Energy Ball

Escavalier @ Choice Band
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Megahorn

Gastrodon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Last edited:

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
:cofagrigus: :miltank: :gastrodon: :escavalier: :weezing: :eldegoss:
https://pokepast.es/4b00ea024db64f67

I was bored one evening and wanted to revive everyone's favorite set from last generation: Block + Calm Mind Slowbro/Slowking. Unfortunately, neither of those are NU, so I had to settle for Cofagrigus. Despite that, this set is pretty alright and can catch some passive Pokemon like Clefairy that think they stand a chance at winning the one-on-one. From there, the team mostly just filled out generic defensive tools. Miltank is a generally solid Stealth Rock setter that helps against the Ice-type spam currently going around; Gastrodon is a great special wall that can take hits from foes like Choice Specs Rotom and, in a pinch, Duraludon; Escavalier is a Fairy- and Dragon-type check and provides a bit of extra attacking power; Weezing is the team's Escavalier check and Ground immunity; and Eldegoss provides hazard control and cleric support, which is especially nice for waking Cofagrigus up. The team's Gallade matchup isn't the greatest, but unless you run Sableye or Rotom-S, you likely aren't going to have the best time anyway.

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
New GTerrain:
:thwackey: :sceptile: :aurorus: :escavalier: :clawitzer: :silvally: (Fairy)

This team functions off what is probably the best Grassy Terrain sweeper yet in SD Sceptile. It's set for this team has a ton of bulk, and just enough speed to naturally beat base 80s and below like Gallade. The main appeal is this bulk with the +1 Def from Grassy Seed, allowing it to set up Swords Dance usually multiple times, and maybe more importantly help preserve this bulk with Drain Punch and terrain recovery. Past that, a boosted Leaf Blade and the strong Accrobatics are all it needs to sweep. A lot of checks can't even switch in, with Crobat succumbing to Acrobatics and unable to 1HKO on any of its sets. The remaining support is somewhat standard for an offensive team like this, with Claw and Esca being wallbreakers that have valuable defensive typings, Aurorus offering special power + SR + veil, and SilvFairy compounding some notable checks with Sceptile to make them unstoppable when paired together. Also, thanks to everyone in the RMT channel in the NU chord for your help fine tuning this team!
Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1216471637
Minimal prior turns to get in on the Poli, then 2HKOs the Rotom-S for a sweep thereafter. Grassy Terrain recovery preventing the HDB Sneasel's Ice Shard from revenge killing.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1216479288
Sceptile sweeps on turn 3 without hazards nor veil on its side, weakens team well enough for SD SilvFairy to clean.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1216479288
The opposing Magenton stayed in on Scept, likely underestimating its bulk, and through aa single SD and resulting recovery, Scept swept.

Absol + Haunter
:absol: :haunter: :gurdurr: :aggron: :rotom-fan: :vaporeon:
Here's another team I'm less sure of, but I wanted to post anyways to get the word out there about a few mons, namely the namesake. Absol and Haunter have a lot of great synergy together due to their typings and coverage. The sets I chose were SD for Absol, and SubDisable Haunter, and the latter is just as annoying and effective as it was back when we first had Haunter. The rest of the team tries to support these two in their wallbreaking / sweeping attempts, with Rotom-S being a star support as a Ground-type, Escavalier, physical Crobat switch-in. Gurdurr is added help against Dark-types for the two, and Scarf Aggron is a surprisingly fun and effective (when it hits ;-;) means to deal with most of the tiers wallbreakers. The team is a little slow, and Vaporeon helps with pivoting and a much needed Water switch-in, but I encourage anyone messin around with it to give it a shot and see the latter half of the team as interchangeable, and lmk what works!

Katy

Banned deucer.
Claydol + Fairyvally + Centiskorch Offense

:claydol: :silvally: (fairy) :centiskorch: :haunter: :drampa: :lycanroc:

Claydol @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Teleport

Silvally-Fairy @ Fairy Memory
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Parting Shot

Centiskorch @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Adamant Nature
- Fire Lash
- Knock Off
- Power Whip
- Leech Life

Haunter @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick

Drampa @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball

Lycanroc @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Accelerock

description:
claydol is the first teammember which sets up stealth rocks and has teleport to bring in one of the breaker in safely. it has dual-stab-coverage in psychic and earth power. silvally-fairy is the defogger with parting shot to help the team further with momentum and helps with lowering the opposings pkmn offensive stats as well.
centiskorch breaks common cores currently with 4 attacks and has flash fire to check ninetales, magmortar and combusken pretty well. it has knock off, power whip and leech life which hits very hard after a stat drop due to fire lash.
haunter has shadow ball + sludge wave + dazzling gleam for the newly dropped guzzlord and sneasel, trick enables it to deal with porygon 2 for the rest of the team.
drampa is really a threat with choice specs-boosted attacks and with draco metero + hyper voice it can pop out a lot of damage, to add onto that it has amazing coverage in flamethrower and energy ball. energy ball is for bulky waters which also have the ground typing such as gastrodon.

lycanroc has amazing speed tier and with its attack-stat in conjunction with life orb it is a dangerous threat with swords dance + 3 attacks, it also profits not only from its good speed-tier but also its priority-option which is accelerock.

Last edited:
Howdy, everybody. Torracat and Roselia advocate Catalisador here to drop some fresh new teams that have been putting in great work for me. I'll be providing some replays soon.

:thwackey: :sceptile: :regirock: :silvally-fairy: :swoobat: :turtonator:

Thwackey @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Swords Dance

Sceptile @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 16 Def / 192 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Body Press
- Toxic
- Stone Edge

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack
- U-turn / Psychic Fangs
- Flame Charge

Swoobat @ Grassy Seed
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Stored Power

Turtonator @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Shell Armor
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Rapid Spin
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor

This first team is a take on Grassy Terrain offense featuring kay's special Swoobat. It also showcases Turtonator to further enhance the team's breaking capabilities by decimating Steel-types. Regirock and Silvally-Fairy provide decent defensive backbone against pokémon such as Crobat, Sableye and Gallade which can cripple our offensive pokémon by typing matchup pressure or access to nifty gimmicks such as Sableye's priority encore.
P.S.: Don't question me about Earthquake on Grassy Terrain. It works. It OHKOes Coalossal and Togedemaru, that's all you need to know... ;)

:silvally-fairy: :gourgeist: :regirock: :audino: :centiskorch: :golbat:

EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Multi-Attack
- Flamethrower

Gourgeist-Small @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Frisk
Jolly Nature
- Poltergeist
- Synthesis
- Trick
- Power Whip

Regirock @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Body Press
- Toxic
- Stone Edge

Audino @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Knock Off
- Wish
- Protect

EVs: 248 HP / 172 SpD / 88 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Fire Lash
- Knock Off / Power Whip
- Sleep Talk

Golbat @ Eviolite
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 84 SpD / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Brave Bird
Gourgeist-Small is extremely underrated right now and so is Godbat (a.k.a baby Crobat, a.k.a Golbat). The main purpose behind the team is to have a sturdy defensive background while also providing enough breaking pressure thanks to Centiskorch's incredible Fire Lash, Gourgeist's speed control, access to Trick and great dual STAB, and Golbat's Taunt + Toxic cheese strategy. Silvally-Fairy gives us great defensive utility via defog and also provides momentum while Audino can keep our team healthy thanks to Wish without being totally passive (I am looking at you, Vaporeon >:c) thanks to Knock Off punishing switch-ins. Overall a very solid team.

:lycanroc: :thwackey: :sceptile: :trevenant: :swoobat: :escavalier:

Lycanroc @ Focus Sash
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Accelerock

Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Swords Dance

Sceptile @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

Trevenant @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Poltergeist
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer

Swoobat @ Grassy Seed
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Stored Power

Escavalier @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Megahorn

This is just another version of Terrain, this type extremely hyper offensive. It also has a neat tech in Choice Band Grassy Glide Trevenant. However, it can be matchup-dependent thanks to its blatantly obvious Fire-type and Sneasel weaknesses. But other than that, a great way to get easy points on ladder without having to think. Sceptile go brrr.

:lycanroc: :centiskorch: :togedemaru: :exeggutor-alola: :mesprit: :silvally-fairy:

Lycanroc @ Choice Band
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Accelerock
- Close Combat

EVs: 248 HP / 120 SpD / 140 Spe
Careful Nature
- Power Whip / Knock Off
- Fire Lash
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Togedemaru @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Wish
- U-turn
- Iron Head

Exeggutor-Alola @ Choice Specs
Ability: Frisk
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Teleport
- Leaf Storm
- Flamethrower

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Multi-Attack
- Flamethrower

This one is a balance team with momentum support showcasing banded Lycanroc, one of my new favourite pokémon. Togedemaru passes Wishes to bulkier teammates without recovery such as Silvally-Fairy, Mesprit and Exeggutor-Alola while also providing momentum support in conjunction with said pokémon to allow Lycanroc to break through. Centiskorch provides great defensive backbone and breaking potential with Fire Lash, while Exeggutor-Alola is, well, broken.

:cofagrigus: :crobat: :audino: :regirock: :poliwrath: :sneasel:

Cofagrigus @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Trick
- Body Press

Crobat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Audino @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Careful Nature
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Wish
- Knock Off

Regirock @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 16 Def / 192 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Body Press
- Protect
- Stone Edge

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Scald
- Drain Punch

Sneasel @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Triple Axel
- Focus Punch

Lastly, another semi-stall balance team showcasing my favourite set ever: lure Choice Scarf Cofagrigus. Defensive backbone of Crobat, Poliwrath and Regirock plus Wish support from Audino makes the team hard to break while Sneasel provides a great speed control option as well as a breaker. Trick from Cafagrigus cripples unaware fat pokémon while Nasty Plot breaks their teams.

-> Replay showcasing Cofagrigus's efficacy, crippling Sandaconda and ultimately winning me the game: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1217386672-pamzznfrychol8m8ogt2e9oei7opv3kpw

Edit: added replays and another team.

Last edited:

Corthius

diehard hockey fan
Im also throwing my team into the ring
:Exeggutor-Alola::Magmortar::Lanturn::Regirock::Mesprit::Silvally:(fairy)
https://pokepast.es/d33d18577bc6654f

I love the idea of Magmortar acting as a bulky pivot into Exeggutor-Alola. Not running a move that can hit water types makes you kinda rlying on that aspect - not sure if thats a good or a bad thing lol. Lanturn is my water type of choice to form a nice FWG core and also give the team a way to block VSwitch from the likes of Rotom, while also providing its own Volt Switch into my bulky breaker. I'll add some descriptions to the sets later on. Regirock is my rocker of choice because...its awesome. For real it adds a Centiskroch check, a Crobat check and a check to most physical Silvally forms. I added Ice Punch, so Crobat can't outstall your Stone Edge and you don't lose to SubDisable Haunter (which Im worried about). Mesprit adds some speed control + Healing Wish + ground resist and is also a pivot. I enjoyed it really it really much so far. Silvally-Fairy is another bulky pivot that provides some Defog and dark resist / Sneasel check + dragon immunity.
:Exeggutor-Alola:
The set looks standard and...it really is. The only thing I've been enjoying is running Timid to outspeed Aggron which serves a huge threat to the team otherwise. The moves are standard.

:Magmortar:
The speed is for Jolly Centiskorch (if anyone runs that). Scorching Sands hits the newly fire types, Focus Blast hits Drmpa/Guzzlord and can probably be changed to Thunder Bolt. The rest is put into HP, you can change the whole EVs probably if you like.

:Lanturn:
The speed is enough for Adamant Aggron with a little more offensive investment to also OHKO that with Scald. So far I've been really enjoying this to be a bit more offensive than usual. Heavy-Duty Boots is cool for a pivot. The last two moves are optional - you can run Ice Beam for grass types like Alolan Exeggutor.

:Regirock:
The defense investment is enough to live two Head Smash from Adamant Aggron and OHKO it with Body Press. I only run Ice Punch for the aforementioned reasons ^. Nothing special overall tho.

:Silvally:(fairy)
Surf is for the new fire types in the tier + Aggron. The rest is standard. The speed is for Toxicroak.

:MEsprit:
Pretty self explanatory. U-turn for pivoting purpose. DGleam hits dark types. Healing Wish is again optional. I became to like it because my defensive backbones all alck reliable recovery. This slot can be changed to Trick or Energy Ball (helps with the Arctovish MU in hail).

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Same team from the Magmortar submissions, I'll post more later
:magmortar: :lanturn: :trevenant: :aggron: :crobat: :gurdurr:

Starting off with Magmortar, I've been working on a lot of sets like Choice Specs, 4 Attacks, Teleport, and even Belly Drum, but after thinking a while and processing, I've decided to go with a Stallbreaker set. Rock Slide I feel is pretty much of a glue because Centiskorch was introduced with the Crown Tundra shifts and Rapidash and Ninetales don't have Rock-coverage sadly. Toxic came to mind to toxic Water-types this cannot touch, which can be used over Rock Slide to compress checking Centiskorch and other defensive Pokemon like Gastrodon or Porygon2 but I chose to let the rest of the team cover that weakness. Instead of Toxic + Taunt, I went with Focus Blast + Taunt to hit Drampa and Guzzlord. Magmortar is pretty much holding a huge sign that says "hit me with a Draco Meteor" so I feel like that would help this team out considering there are no fairies. Vaporean was next up but thinking about Rotom-Fan and Rotom-base potentially using that as setup fodder wasn't really pleasing as I had to run something like Roar Aggron instead of Rest just prevent them from spamming. Lanturn is a nice Electric- and Water-type move sponge and can pivot teammates in with Volt Switch. This does a decent job with threatening Water-type Pokemon out bar Gastrodon (can be Toxic'd) that pressures Magmortar but both Pokemon are weak to Ground-type attacks, so I added Trevenant to form a FWG core. Originally I went for Gourgeist, but Gourgeist does not have the wallbreaking power or the ability to cure status ailments like Trevenant althought it has its merit in behind faster. Gallde seems pretty relevant to me still and having a Fighting-type immunity to prevent them from straight up spamming Fighting-type attacks is really nice. Magmortar does lack recovery and neither of the FWG core can switchin to Dragon- or Fairy-type attacks, so I added Aggron. I went for a specially defensive set to maximize the amount of times it can go inside of Ribombee's Moonblast along with creeping Piloswine, which has the same speed tier. I went for Sturdy because many Ground- and Fighting-type moves exists like Scorching Sands, Earthquake, Close combat inside of NU which means Stone Edge over Head Smash was mandatory. Rest Aggron pairs nicely with Heal Bell Lanturn and you might even trigger Sturdy again! Crobat is the probably the best speed control right now and pairs decently with the rest of the team (Aggron weak to Fighting/Ground -> Crobat resists both, Bat weak to Ice/Electric -> FWG core helps with this issue). Originally only creeping the bare minumum for Taurus, I suffered from underspeeding things like Swoobat and Cincinno(which isn't relevant but Speed is nice to have just in case). HDB to prevent rocks because its a Flying-type and since I'm using it as utility, Roost + Defog are mandatory. Of coure you want BB for Flying-type STAB and I went for U-turn to from a Volturn core with Lanturn. Finally, I added Gurdurr for extra support against Normal-type Pokemon like Porygon2 or Miltank and to help out with the 1 Stone Edge switchin(Aggron. Mag and Crobat are weak to work). I actually went for Payback over Knock Off because I naturally do not like Poltergeist Pokes + Knock Off Pokes on the same team but if you can manage your Trevenant well, then all means go for Knock Off. This is the generic set + payback tho. Enjoy the team, I will be posting this in the bazaar in a week or 2 after I build my collection!
Magmortar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Rock Slide
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Lanturn @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 160 Def / 20 SpA / 180 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

Trevenant @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Horn Leech
- Poltergeist
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake

Aggron @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Stone Edge
- Rest

Crobat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Payback / Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)