Resource SS OU DLC2 Viability Ranking Thread [SEE: Page 105, Post 2618]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame on Finch and the OU council for putting Mandi next to a mere peasant like Landorus instead of S+ tier. Its metagame prescience eclipses P.Don in Ubers, Mewtwo in RBY, Zacian-C in SS, and GSC Lax by a mile

Mandibuzz @ Mail
Ability: Big Pecks
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Dark Pulse
- Roost

Mandi doesn’t run evs, cause they are for the weak. Only such “answer” I have found is the all mighty CB Yamper

252+ Atk Choice Band Yamper Wild Charge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mandibuzz: 246-290 (68.1 - 80.3%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

I fear that Mandi will make everyone run Yamper just to counter it. Ban it as quickly as possible.

:Corviknight: A -> S-

Mandibuzz is undoubtedly a horrific menace, but everyone has been sleeping on its competition, and one of the biggest examples of this is Corviknight, sure, Corviknight can't switch in safely normally, but once it gets in safely, Mandibuzz feels pressured to look cooler than Corviknight, but it can't really do that because Mandibuzz looks too prehistoric and outdated, while Corviknight looks modern and fresh, all because it dunked itself in dark blue paint and convinced the entire metagame that it's a steel-type, this causes Mandibuzz to lower its attack due to focusing too much on looks, sure, Mandibuzz can still have monstrous stat buffs that makes Corviknight's strategies look unviable, but Mandibuzz is absolutely terrified of Corviknight doing this one thing, and that is flipping the bird, this maneuver is hard to pull off, but when done successfully, it causes Mandibuzz to boil with nothing but pure repulsion and rage, causing it to lower its Attack, Defense, Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense, and Speed down to -6, because Mandibuzz feels its feelings too well that it forgets that it's in a Pokémon battle, and gets humiliated from Corviknight so well that it looks like a Pokémon that belongs in Untiered

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
In light of Mandibuzz' complete and utter dominance, how does the council feel about suspecting Yveltal? It's outclassed by THE BUZZ in virtually all aspects, but it could help facilitate the budding "Mandibuzz Spam" offense. I'd imagine the team would look something like this:

:mandibuzz::vullaby::moltres-galar::yveltal::landorus-therian::regieleki:(click for importable!)

Given how the current Mandibuzz Spam is one of the best (and most skillful) teams in the OU metagame, I don't think anyone would be opposed to adding some depth to it with the addition of Yveltal.

Nothing can stop mandibuzz in the current environment. It just walls everything with kyurem illegal and my poor espeon/xatu hyper offense can't compete. No attacks Clefable walled, electrics u turned out on if there brave enough to risk knock off? Haunter? Please. Seriously why isn't it getting suspected?

Outside of ubers The only 2 Pokémon ever capable of beating it without breaking the tier were mega gardevoir and Diancie aren't even allowed in the game because Dexit. Finchinator I demand an explanation on why it's dodged a test all this time.

Is just because smogon loves stall or do people lime how the bird looks?

They're memeing. Because that's just what happens any time Omari is involved. The "no one-liner" rule goes out the window and it's meme city for a while.
Nah its no meme, mandi is just too powerful, bulky, and disrespectful for it to be in OU. It's consistent use of foul language degenerates the opponent's resolve so quickly, that they have no choice but to forfeit the match out of fear of their mental stability.

TailGlowVM

Now 100% more demonic
Nominating :tyranitar: to A+
With Mandibuzz eclipsing even Primal Groudon in prominence, it's obvious that the old king of OU would return to shut it down. It completely blanks the Mandibuzz spam team once Landorus is removed, and is the definitive Mandibuzz counter:

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Mandibuzz Max Airstream vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 84-100 (20.7 - 24.7%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Tyranitar Rock Blast (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dynamax Mandibuzz: 198-240 (27.4 - 33.2%) -- approx. 4HKO

A little disappointing, but what do you get against the mighty buzzard?

Nominating :tyranitar: to A+
With Mandibuzz eclipsing even Primal Groudon in prominence, it's obvious that the old king of OU would return to shut it down. It completely blanks the Mandibuzz spam team once Landorus is removed, and is the definitive Mandibuzz counter:

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Mandibuzz Max Airstream vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 84-100 (20.7 - 24.7%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Tyranitar Rock Blast (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dynamax Mandibuzz: 198-240 (27.4 - 33.2%) -- approx. 4HKO

A little disappointing, but what do you get against the mighty buzzard?
252+ Atk Choice Band Mandibuzz Bone Rush (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar on a critical hit: 400-480 (99 - 118.8%) -- approx. 93.8% chance to OHKO

Not to mention the common Weakness Policy Steel Wing set, or the Iron Defense Roost Stall Mandi variant, or the Attract/RockSmash/Rest/IronDefense set.... Anyone claiming to use Tyranitar as a Mandibuzz check is clearly inexperienced with the Gen 8 OU metagame. The only mon that comes close to challenging Mandibuzz is :ditto: Ditto who essentially allows you to have a 3/4 health Mandibuzz through its ability Imposter (lol get it). Tyranitar and any other pseudo "Mandibuzz counters" should be demoted to UR effective immediately.

MARCH 31ST: THE WRATH OF MANDIBUZZ
:ss/mandibuzz:

Hello friends, today on 15:52 march 31st(gmt-23),I was eating Raw Chicken(my as my regular diet) when I found a shocking revelation as I saw the bird I remembered of the legendary OverUsed tier bird in the delicious chicken. I used to think omari as a bad troll but instead it turns out that he is the most genius pokemon metagamer.

His suggestion and constant nominations of mandibuzz were incredible as I realize the capabilities of this pokemon are amazing to say the least.

First off, It sports a good round of stats with bulk only to be destroyed by a continental crush by +6 Terrakion(another amazing metagaming gamer) holding a choice band with the ability huge power. It has the ability Magic Guard to save itself from hazards thus it can run Rocky Helmet as an item. It's typing is immaculate as it barely gets hit by anything supereffectively and can even resist rock(has hidden ability Delta Stream).

It checks dragapult and weavile and manages to sit every mon people think it counters(LMAO TAPU FINI MORE LIKE TAPU MEDIOCRE).This is not to nention the fact that it's Toxic manages to do roughly 90% to the bulkiest fairies and it's U-turn ohkoes Tapu Lele. The calcs for these mons are below-
252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 152 SpD Mandibuzz: 43-52 (10.1 - 12.2%) -- possible 9HKO
252 Atk Weavile Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 248 HP / 92+ Def Mandibuzz: 60-78 (14.1 - 18.4%) -- approx. possible 6HKO
252 SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 152 SpD Mandibuzz: 60-72 (14.1 - 17%) -- possible 6HKO
0 Atk Mandibuzz Toxic vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 332-392 (84.2 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Mandibuzz U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 288-339 (102.4 - 120.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk Mandibuzz Foul Play vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-Therian: 366-432 (95.8 - 113%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

I do not want to show the replays as my immaculate and auspicious explaination already painted a thousand pictures in your head. And everyone I face on ladder is a bad metagame sheep trying to put down my redpilled metagaming teams by using toxic pokemons such as landorus-therian and weavile.

CHECKS(0)& COUNTERS (1):
:ss/toxapex:
The only check it has is toxapex who takes nothing from mandibuzz toxic while KOing mandibuzz with scald after a burn(78% chance with toxapex's regenerator ability)
Mandibuzz Toxic vs. 252 HP Toxapex: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- possibly the worst move ever
0 SpA Toxapex Scald vs. 248 HP / 152 SpD Mandibuzz: 414-487 (97.8 - 115.1%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

This is also my proposal to ban toxapex, I hope esteemed user Finchinator(owner of https://www.smogon.com/forums) accepts my kind proposal.

1350s ladder farmer Freezerman signing off after another metagaming post.

We must remove species clause from OU.

With the new rise of Mandibuzz it became widely clear that the tier is better than ever now that we rely on the edgy bird for every matchup in existance.

I suggest we never go back to how we were with the very ugly and previously dominant Landourus T or the abusive child exploiter Dragapult.

In conclusion OU is standard singles play so we must provide the best possible experience and that means putting every pokemon in UR and encouraging everyone to have a full team of Mandibuzz or lose every game trying to change our ways.

:Landorus-Therian: S -> S-
Usage stats came out a few minutes ago and Landorus-T is not present on even half of the teams (1 | Landorus-Therian | 49,766%).
So he is no longer a metagame definer and putting him at the same rank as Mandibuzz is an offense to the vulture, this needs to be fixed ASAP.
Move him to A+, deserves lower for not being at 50%. Disgraceful poke.

Last edited:

Thunder Pwoell

Banned deucer.
Why are people talking about Mandibuzz being good? I thought it was mediocre. New ability?
who told it was mediocre? basement dwelling bad players? make your own opinion or use good sets next time lol or ask me or storm zone. tired of yalls just bad ignorant opinions lmao on like an echo chamber of stupidity (not you, just a lot of people on this site)

I'm skeptic of Mandibuzz being so high in the rankings honestly, especially because i wanted to talk an even more dangerous force in the format: Terrakion.

:terrakion: UR -> S
:mandibuzz: S -> A- at best tbhimo

As illustrated by some replays where i play the game versus randos on ladder games to showcase how good i am that i won't post, Terrakion is an absolute menace. It destroys steels because it's a fighting type, and it destroys stuff that would stop it like Tornadus-Therian or main guy Mandibuzz out here thanks to its rock stab. It's so good that you can forego the lack of defensive utility and how it's not actually that threatening to any team that doesnt get critted because i say it, and i'm right and the rest of these people are wrong.

Synthesized: Terrakion beats most threats in the OU metagame, and mainly gets rid of Mandibuzz really quickly because Mandibuzz is weak to rock, as you know.

Lastly, i would like to announce that everyone that disagrees with me can bo3 me on my roof this weekend. Terrakion is on all of my teams. You broke attic weirdos say this continuously like some weird cult yet consistently lose to it and use the absolute worse sets. So I’m also going to ask. Who told you this? What sets have you run across? Why are you having an opinion different to mine? Lastly lol you a weird dude to try and pull the terrakion racist card against Srn. But even moreso lol please try and pull that against me, faless. PLEASE TRY IT. You have been kachowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)