Resource SS OU DLC2 Viability Ranking Thread [SEE: Page 105, Post 2618]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to see the Dnite rise, as well as the Ttar rise.

Was mew discussed by council for a potential rise? I feel like it was discussed a fair bit during OLT, and in the post-cycle thread. I have also seen much success myself (admittedly a bit lower on the ladder) with lure in particular.

BT89

go on, take everything
is a Pre-Contributor
out of curiosity, what caused bulu to rise? especially when rillaboom also rose with it. were it’s offensive attributes and defensive typing enough to distinguish it?

Idk who's running this thread these days, but whomever that may be is doing a great job with the ratings and these changes! (with the lone exception of Landorus-Therian...put that thing in A- lol).

Only one I want to hear more about is Tapu Koko dropping, because CM Koko is free wins in most games for me. If discussed, I would also like to know why :melmetal: melmetal :melmetal: is not S or higher.

You know the drill: I will post what rose and dropped. You have 24 hours to post any questions about the slate. I will answer the questions here with reasoning on behalf of the council, but PLEASE DO NOT POST REPEAT QUESTIONS!!!
  • :Bisharp: from B to B-
Opening the thread for questions now!
Why did Bish drop yet Gapdos remained B+? I'm assuming they have similar niches.

You know the drill: I will post what rose and dropped. You have 24 hours to post any questions about the slate. I will answer the questions here with reasoning on behalf of the council, but PLEASE DO NOT POST REPEAT QUESTIONS!!!

Rises

• :Dragapult: from A+ to S-
  • :Slowking-Galar: from A to A+
  • :Dragonite: from A- to A
  • :Tyranitar: from A- to A
  • :Volcanion: from A- to A
  • :Rillaboom: from B+ to A-
  • :Blaziken: from B to B+
  • :Moltres-Galar: from B to B+
  • :Seismitoad: from B to B+
  • :Crawdaunt: from B- to B
  • :Tapu Bulu: from C+ to B-
  • :Gengar: from C to C+
  • :Torkoal: from C to C+
  • :Venusaur: from C to C+
Drops
  • :Tapu Koko: from A+ to A
  • :Ninetales-Alola: from A to A-
  • :Zeraora: from A- to B+
  • :Bisharp: from B to B-
  • :Nihilego: from B to B-
Opening the thread for questions now!
Why did dragapult rise?
Why did glowing rise?
Why did gengar rise?
Why did heatran not rise?
Why did clefable not rise?
(Kinda get the weavile not rising further thing. The meta is filled with its answers (clef ferro melm FB heatran and more)
Why did Alola-Tales drop?
Why did tapu koko drop?
Why did avalugg not drop?

Why did Bish drop yet Gapdos remained B+? I'm assuming they have similar niches.
not on council but Bisharp is just very difficult to justify using over Weavile overall. They have pretty similar niches in ridiculously strong Knock Offs with Swords Dance and the possibility of Beat Up sets, but Weavile is much easier to build with because of the insane speed tier and Ice generally being a better secondary STAB than Steel. Defiant is cool for hazard stacking archetypes, however that's indeed where Gapdos comes in with the competition because it, again, offers a way better speed tier and has an easier time coming in on Lando-T, probably the most common Defogger (Bisharp matches up a lot better against Zapdos and Torn-T, but it still greatly dislikes coming into anything but Defog from them). Bisharp is by no means unviable but you have to jump through a couple pretty specific holes to justifiably slap it on a squad.

Ok a few questions that are straight to the point?
Why the A9 Drop? Do steels have to do with it?
Why has Victini not risen to A yet? Its had a lot of success in tournament play lately, especially in world cup.
Why the Pult rise?
And most importantly:
Why didn't tornadus-t rise to s- yet? Other than zap, electrics aren't really seeing as much usage lately due to Drill and Gastrodon, as well as lando-t being used so much so that should warrant an s- rise for Torn-T at least, since Zap is now one of the few mons it wants to pivot out of now that tapu koko and zeraora are less prevalent.

Last edited:

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
This is a reminder for everyone that if you have a question, to search the thread beforehand if the question has already been asked. In order to do so, click the Search button at the corner of your screen, and just type! The tab saying "this thread" will naturally filter it so specific mentions are limited to the VR thread.
1663625477159.png
It will literally only take 15 seconds of your time tops, and it saves Finchinator and the rest of the mod team time spent having to filter through them. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)