Metagame SS OU Metagame Discussion Thread v7 (Usage Stats in post #3539)

Alright I'm here again to talk about some stuff...
1.Ace should NOT be retested. We did this b4 and no shit happened.Waste of everybodys time IMO.
Zama is probably too much for OU BUT if everybody wants a suspect we should try it just to stop ou metagame discussion from becoming Zama-C Metagame Discussion again....
3.Sand Veil is insanely rare and more or less just a problem.It is uncommpetitive but everyone is making a mountain of a molehill of this [+1 phrase points please :3 ?]. The council should still look into this as the community is talking about it.
4.I think a few mons like torn,heatran and garchomp are a bit hard to beat now.They arent banworthy of course but they rly dont have any shit as counters.Torn usually beats zap as it can 2hko after a nasty plot with a move such as sludge wave or weather ball or even psychic.Koko loses again, to sludge wave so does clef . Regen also helps A LOT.With heal bell support this mon is BROKEN [if it hits hurricane and focus blast] heatran just beats all of its counters.Only counters I can think of is fricking oblivious slowking w/teleport or dragon tail av slowking.I'm very insane and and scared and angry.now garchomp... with fire fang (not a common set) it beats common counters like corvi,it beats unaware clef with 2 lo earthquakes.It is very hard to counter but again.NOT BANWORTHY. well thats notsosupersam's thoughts on the meta rn also I made this post in under 30 mins so thats why it looks very trash.

Gilbert's been dropping some incredibly insightful meta analyses, particularly surrounding Toxapex, since the last Over Used Viability Rankings update, since he won OST, OLT, defeated the Smogon Frontier, single-handedly won WCoP and SPL without any teammates, and fucking my wife. I'm amazed he's still not been elected as OU Tier leader or even currently on the OU Council, but I guess he's too busy winning tours, educating third-world children about Toxapex, and fucking my wife. I look forward to more insightful metagame discussion from him after the next Over Used Viability Rankings update, particularly on the topics of Toxapex and my wife.

Maybe we should ban Toxapex after all, praise Gilbert
Holy shit based Finchinator??????????

I agree. Toxapex can be dealt with if you know what you’re doing, but I do not. Since it’s really annoying to fight and I’m too lazy to put anti-Pex measures on any of my teams, I think we should quickban it to Ubers so it will never see the light of day again.

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
guys you can't talk bad about Lord Pex, for He is an omnipresent being and can hear every word we speak.... do you want to be scald burned??? cuz im just saying. threatening to ban He will lead to nothing but a spicy sauna for you and your family.

i, for one, praise The pexlord. never shall He be banned from the OverUsed tier

Just took the playerbase Survey so I figured I'd type a few thoughts out

1. Cinderance: Honestly I'm indifferent to a retest and I don't think its broken since magearna is no longer legal but i feel it soon for it to be retested unless we suddenly get megas or something. I feel the meta needs more time to evolve and people are focusing to much on this instead of otherstuff.

2. Zamazenta-C: While I see merit in giving this a test and I sorely want a Knock off absorber in OU (Please gamefreak give me my mega lopunny or mawile please) I just think its to much for the tier to handle. Between having as much bulk as a Blissey (minus the healing) while being able to slap down attackers and potentially set up is definitely going to make waves in OU. How broken it is we dont know but I'd vote ban in a retest and the only reason I'd accept one happening is to end the debate sorrounding Mon.

3. Toxapex: I dont think its broken just unhealthy as it was designed for a game where mega and Z-moves required something like this. It has a ton of role compression and is far to offensive for a defensive pokemon. I just feel deflated everytime I see this knowing something is getting toxiced/Scaled/Knocked Off or if I attempt to set up Defoged unless I use teleport, have random electric move or Future Sight. I dont think a suspect would ban it tho so its mostly just me venting.

4. Anything Else? I Would like to see a minimum 3 period on pokemon/item's in which they can't be resuspected after a ban or drop unless a game new releases or something unexpectedly reaching shadow tag/ yugioh DDT deck level of broken. This means changes could be made for remake's but not DLC. I support this because i feel metagames should be given a chance evolve without fear they'll suddenly be unbanned and that way player's focus on the current meta instead of debating the previous ban.

Other then that sand veil is probably worth looking at and maybe a general debate about boots but I think its a positive for the game.

5. Final Thoughts? Honestly Finchinator and AM are the 2 most broken Team builders ever to walk OU and there word is law. I feel both need suspects to save anyone who's ranked lower then me in-order to stop them complaining when I thunder wave them with Clefable and Calm mind in front of them or switch to dragopault and hex there teams. I mean Your probably wondering how the two are related But finch and AM are that great that they must be related to my Clefable and Dragopault shenanigans.

Ok april fools memeing aside. I am enjoying the tier alot and I would like to thank AM Finchinator and the rest of the council and Contributers for doing such wonderful jobs. Keep it and happy easter and april fools

While i hate seeing toxapex. I'm more afraid of calm mind blissey, how the heck do you stop that?

Or worse freaking wobbufet. It counter's your everymove?

Must i to break my Laurel's and resort to toxapex?

While i hate seeing toxapex. I'm more afraid of calm mind blissey, how the heck do you stop that?

Or worse freaking wobbufet. It counter's your everymove?

Must i to break my Laurel's and resort to toxapex?
Seriously? How do you stop CM Blissey? There are plenty of viable Haze users from Shell Smash Omastar to DD RestTalk Dragonair. You could even use something niche like Toxapex if you're really desperate.

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
How bout we just unban Mewtwo so we can make all Toxapex suffer
Mewtwo can't do a damn thing to Pex

252 SpA Life Orb Mewtwo Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 86-104 (28.2 - 34.2%) -- 1.2% chance to 3HKO

meanwhile

0- Atk Toxapex Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. Lvl 50 0 HP / 4 Def Mewtwo: 182-216 (100.5 - 119.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 atk with a negative nature. People will never run that because they can just do 252/252/252/252/252/252 (even though Pex won't need it) but this is just a show for Lord Pex's power.

Sand is easily the worst archetype in the current meta. Worse than TR, worse than fake Hyper offense, worse than Hail, rain and sun. It's the worst archetype with a close second place being Bulky offense.

I mean one pokemon by its self destroys sand teams single handedly offensively in Rilla and Sand can't beat Hippo defensively either. It's a doomed archetype that is only able to win through sheer gimmicky and unexpectedness. With any sort of prep ya insta win.

At least it has a winning match up against the broken Pex.

Sand is easily the worst archetype in the current meta. Worse than TR, worse than fake Hyper offense, worse than Hail, rain and sun. It's the worst archetype with a close second place being Bulky offense.

I mean one pokemon by its self destroys sand teams single handedly offensively in Rilla and Sand can't beat Hippo defensively either. It's a doomed archetype that is only able to win through sheer gimmicky and unexpectedness. With any sort of prep ya insta win.

At least it has a winning match up against the broken Pex.
Is not that bad, but u have be agressive to make it work, Lo excadrill hits like a truck, dont bother with spin or lefties, ur parther dracozolt should help too. Tangrowth fits well, because its good at checking, grasses and grounds. There are option to make it work, but not as easy to fit like before

Is not that bad, but u have be agressive to make it work, Lo excadrill hits like a truck, dont bother with spin or lefties, ur parther dracozolt should help too. Tangrowth fits well, because its good at checking, grasses and grounds. There are option to make it work, but not as easy to fit like before
Honestly you're kinda right. Instead I'll put it second worst after Bulky offense maybe third and ahead of HDB Regen spam but not sure about that one.

idk how i should present myself so... Hello everyone.

i've been trying to learn about competitive pokemon since gen 6 ( And I'm Still Learning ) , but i want to address something i didn't see anyone talk about and i think it should to have more attention : Limiting The "Switch Moves" ( Teleport / Volt Switch / U-Turn / Flip Turn ) in some way;

i mean, i like the concept of switch moves, but it doesn´t have a limit on teambuilding in general, and i think to create a "switch moves clause" to only one pokemon to have this type of move in a team seems interesting. ( At least in my logic ).

idk if my logic is flawed but, i wanted to make this comment just to express my opinion on this topic. ( I mean The High level players will strongly disagree of me , but i wanted to see what you guys think of all of this. )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)