Not Deoxys-D (Mew) @ Tanga Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Spe / 8 Def
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Skill Swap

I wanted to make a pretty classic HO team, inspired by early gen 6 DeoSharp HO, and Mew came to my mind as a suicide lead. It basically serves the exact same role as Deoxys-D did on that team archetype, just setting up Stealth Rocks and Spikes for the rest of its team thanks to its natural bulk and Taunting opposing hazard setters (it helps that all relevant ones are slower than Mew). For the last slot, I used Self-Destruct at first to give a free switch in to something once you've set up all your hazards, but in practice, Mew always dies before being able to use it. Skill Swap seems like a better option to get past Hatterene, who otherwise shuts this set down completely, or if you want to try your luck, you can straight-up 2HKO it with Gunk Shot. Close Combat can also be used to nail unsuspecting Bisharps and Excadrills if you want, however it can't OHKO Exca from full.

Tanga Berry might seem really weird, but the reason I'm using it is because, from experience, people keep leading off with U-Turn users, and Tanga Berry lets Mew take that hit more easily. Otherwise, Colbur Berry, Kasib Berry, Mental Herb for Grimmsnarl's Taunts, Sitrus / Iappa Berry to give it that extra boost to help it set up an additional layer of Spikes (better than Lefties on a Pokemon that's only supposed to live for a few turns), or even Red Card can be used.

Make sure you have a Bisharp to block Defogs and a spinblocker to... well, block rapid spin, probably either Dragapult or Air Baloon Aegislash. Excadrill is a huge issue for this Mew set since it can outspeed it after one Rapid Spin so make sure you're able to deal with it. Otherwise, have fun with your super reliable suicide lead!

Last edited:
While those two are usually praised for the support they provide to their teammates , they can be actual threats when paired together :

:sm/mandibuzz:

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- U-turn
- Roost
- Toxic

:sm/dugtrio:

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

It took me some time to realise how good u-turn is on Mandibuzz.

Foul Play + Toxic is already incredibly hard to switch into, and U-turn ensures nothing gets a free switch.

But when you factor in duggy in the back, things get pretty scary. Obviously this allows you to trap pex and toxtricity, but there are some less obvious targets. For exemple Hatterene can only come once on Mandibuzz before the U-turn chip puts it in range of duggy.

In OU this mainly leaves ferrothorn and corviknight has full on counters, this why the core highly benefits from being paired with something like Cinderace or Rotom-H.

Last edited:
I have become addicted to Body Press. I now cram it into any set I can get away with just to see if it works. It kind of stinks that Damage Calculator still doesn't calculate it right. Either way, the concept itself is really cool because it allows you to add a physical move to sets without investing in attack. This can create some really interesting mixed sets. For example, I made a Dragon monotype team for the heck of it and had two such sets:

Duraludon @ Leftovers
Ability: Stalwart
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Calm Nature
- Metal Burst
- Body Press
- Thunderbolt
- Stealth Rock

Kommo-o @ Throat Spray
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Clangorous Soul
- Body Press
- Flash Cannon
- Boomburst

I know I said monotype, but this is relevant here because the same kinds of sets could potentially be made in OU. Both Duraludon and Kommo-o have naturally high defense, so you can make sets where there isn't too much dropoff from Defense EVs to Special Attack EVs and vice versa. Kommo-o is very much viable in OU and a similar set with maybe slightly different attacks could work in OU. And while I personally don't think Duraludon is all that good in OU, you could do something somewhat similar with Torkoal and a defensive set with Counter, Body Press, and a special fire move. In this way, you get three methods of damage that are entirely different with no need to invest in attack.

Another thing I want to bring up is Cofragrigus. In the Runerigus thread, someone else brought up a Trick Room set with Iron Defense and Body Press. But Cofragrigus has better defensive typing and the ability to turn that into a mixed set because it has special attack where Runerigus has physical attack. Cofragigus can use ghost type STAB to counter two of the biggest counters (psychic and ghost) to fighting type moves. So you get a potentially very potent mixed attacker. Something like this:

Cofagrigus @ Life Orb
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 4 Defense / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Shadow Ball

I just thought it was interesting how one move can make such sets possible.

Duraludon @ Leftovers
Ability: Stalwart
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Calm Nature
- Metal Burst
- Body Press
- Thunderbolt
- Stealth Rock
Is there any reason to run Stalwart over Light Metal in singles? Stalwart solely ignores redirection moves and abilities, and there really isn't any of that in a singles meta.

Is there any reason to run Stalwart over Light Metal in singles? Stalwart solely ignores redirection moves and abilities, and there really isn't any of that in a singles meta.
I had the opposite question. Is there any reason to run Light Metal ever? Wouldn't it just make you more susceptible to weight based moves like Heat Crash? I have never head of Light Metal actually being useful in any set. Am I wrong? Maybe Heavy Metal would be slightly useful because of the same weight based moves? I mean, it's not like Grass Knot will impact Duraludon when it has a double resist to it.

To be honest, I don't know if Stalwart is useful in singles because I don't exactly know what falls under its umbrella of effects. Would an ability like Lightning Rod count as misdirection in singles?

That's what I figured so I put it on there in case it was more useful. I don't really find Light Metal or Heavy Metal to be very good unless it is Heavy Metal on a Heavy Slam set or something. You might have a point about Stalwart, depending on how it works. But if I would use a different ability here, I would use Heavy Metal over Light Metal. If that's the case then it would be the best in a series of mostly useless choices, which is why I'm hoping Stalwart had some sort of use.

Edit: I totally forgot about Low Kick. It's probably because I have been using mostly Body Press as my fighting move lately. Lol. Anyway, thanks for the explanations.

Last edited:
I had the opposite question. Is there any reason to run Light Metal ever? Wouldn't it just make you more susceptible to weight based moves like Heat Crash? I have never head of Light Metal actually being useful in any set. Am I wrong? Maybe Heavy Metal would be slightly useful because of the same weight based moves? I mean, it's not like Grass Knot will impact Duraludon when it has a double resist to it.
Low Kick is way more common than Heat Crash. Thats the reason.

To be honest, I don't know if Stalwart is useful in singles because I don't exactly know what falls under its umbrella of effects. Would an ability like Lightning Rod count as misdirection in singles?

That's what I figured so I put it on there in case it was more useful. I don't really find Light Metal or Heavy Metal to be very good unless it is Heavy Metal on a Heavy Slam set or something. You might have a point about Stalwart, depending on how it works. But if I would use a different ability here, I would use Heavy Metal over Light Metal. If that's the case then it would be the best in a series of mostly useless choices, which is why I'm hoping Stalwart had some sort of use.
Stalwart is great in doubles but has no use whatsoever in singles. Lightningrod in a single battle obviously doesn't count as a redirection, the same as if you directly attempted to attack the Lightningrod Pokémon in a double battle.

With that said, Duraludon's base weight (40 kg) is so low that the benefit of taking less damage from Heavy Slam and Heat Crash if running Heavy Metal in practice doesn't apply. Copperajah, the strongest and most notable user of either move, will hit Duraludon for 120 base power no matter what ability it is running. Low Kick is a much more common coverage move, and the damage will be greatly lessened instead (40 with Light Metal, 60 with Stalwart, 80 with Heavy Metal). Not to mention, obviously, that Low Kick is the only weight based move to hit Duraludon for supereffective damage so protection against it is more important.

glaceon.png

Specs Glaceon has a tiny niche for having one of the most powerful freeze drys in the game. I have been using a choice specs/scarf variety as the movepool is dangerously bad, and I end up just cleaning up seismatoad, gastrodon, quagsire, dracovish, gyrados, and can even take a hit from 'pult. The specs variety hits like a truck with blizzard/icebeam but needs webs or t-wave to cripple faster pokes. I recommend pairing with Dracovish as the main counters get put in a headlock by this ice dog thing.

I've been trying to make Gengar work since I love the guy and this Specs set has actually been shredding through the ladder. I'm at ~1700 off the back of this thing and some other broken mons.

1577038161429.png
Gengar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond / Thunderbolt / Trick

Specs Gengar pummels things, 130 SpAtk vs Dragapult's 100 makes a huge difference and STAB Sludge Wave + Focus Blast hits anything that wants to switch into Shadow Ball hard. Generally you're spamming Shadow Balls as it chips nearly everything down really well. Mons like SpDef Corviknight, PhysDef Toxapex, PhysDef Ferrothorn and Life Orb Clef have trouble switching in since they tend to get 2HKO'd by it. Even things that can take 2 Shadow Balls like SpDef Ferro/Tox risk taking a SpDef drop and being forced out. Sludge Wave nails resists like Grimmsnarl and OHKOs other fairies like Clefable and Togekiss, and it also just serves as a stronger STAB attack with a nasty base power of 95. Focus Blast is mostly for Ttar or needing to nail something like Ferro really hard.

The last slot has flexibility depending on what your team needs, Destiny Bond is a cool cheeky move for if you've been chipped down and need a surprise kill on something you can't OHKO (Like an unsuspecting Toxapex). Thunderbolt gives you a harder hitting option vs. bulky waters like Tox, Pyuku, Vaporeon, Milotic. Trick of course lets you cripple something but the power drop from losing Specs is not worth it imo.

I recommend pairing this with a UTurn Mandibuzz as a good partner. Mandibuzz can switch in on Hydreigon to scout after Hydreigon comes in to eat a Shadow Ball. If its a Sub Hydreigon you can break the sub with UTurn and pivot out to Gengar who can then usually kill with a Sludge Wave that does 78-92.

I'm new to this (first post) and only at like 1400 so take all of this with a grain of salt.

Here's a really stupid gimmick I've been messing around with:

1577044101902.png

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Spin
- Transform
- Imprison
- U-turn

Since Imprison is a TM now, Mew has access to the Imprison + Transform combo which lets you lock your opponent out of all of their moves. It forces a switch if possible while you get a free move since their only other option is struggle. I've been running it with Fire Spin to trap unsuspecting mons in order to do whatever they wanted to do while they struggle to death instead. You can't come in on anything faster than you unfortunately, but if you have imprison while they switch in you're fine unless they OHKO.

I've mainly been pairing it with Choiced Excadrill to trap Corviknight, but I also figured I could try to trap Seismitoad for Dracovish as well. Corviknight/Seismitoad seems to be a pretty popular defensive core right now, and they happen to not care about the only actual trapper in the tier, Dugtrio. They're also two of the only switch ins for Excadrill and Dracovish, so if you can remove one of them there isn't much to be done defensively if they let one of your monsters in. I've mainly been using U-Turn since that's what all the Corviknights have been using post-Dyna instead of substitute, but you could probably run some other utility move like Spikes.

Here's some replays:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1033890324 Ideal Corviknight trap

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1031876774 Poor play and bad teams, but with Corv gone there was nothing for Band Exca.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1033797946 Mew steals spikes from Ferro and stalls Pex

It certainly helps that you can't really tell what Mew's moveset is from team preview, and people don't know what's going on when you use imprison at first.

For more serious stuff, Scarf & Band Exca are pretty solid. Non-choiced Exca is prone to getting forced out anyway if there's a bird still alive, so I haven't really missed the flexibility. I prefer Scarf to Sand Rush because of how self sufficient it is in addition to keeping Mold Breaker for Rotom forms and Hydreigon. Soft Sand also works with how much you click earthquake. Figured I'd mention these since I've mainly seen LO/Sash/Boots.

Finally, Mimikyu is a pretty fun pick. It's 1 point faster than CBCB Darm, has Play Rough for Hydreigon, and Disguise works wonders against fast mons and Darm. Priority is kinda rare and Mimikyu's picks off Dragapult and Gengar. Plus, running a Ghost type gives you a Boomburst immunity to exploit Toxtricity even more (although with Dugtrio around that thing has it bad enough).

I'm new to this (first post) and only at like 1400 so take all of this with a grain of salt.

Here's a really stupid gimmick I've been messing around with:

View attachment 213955

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Spin
- Transform
- Imprison
- U-turn

Since Imprison is a TM now, Mew has access to the Imprison + Transform combo which lets you lock your opponent out of all of their moves. It forces a switch if possible while you get a free move since their only other option is struggle. I've been running it with Fire Spin to trap unsuspecting mons in order to do whatever they wanted to do while they struggle to death instead. You can't come in on anything faster than you unfortunately, but if you have imprison while they switch in you're fine unless they OHKO.

I've mainly been pairing it with Choiced Excadrill to trap Corviknight, but I also figured I could try to trap Seismitoad for Dracovish as well. Corviknight/Seismitoad seems to be a pretty popular defensive core right now, and they happen to not care about the only actual trapper in the tier, Dugtrio. They're also two of the only switch ins for Excadrill and Dracovish, so if you can remove one of them there isn't much to be done defensively if they let one of your monsters in. I've mainly been using U-Turn since that's what all the Corviknights have been using post-Dyna instead of substitute, but you could probably run some other utility move like Spikes.

Here's some replays:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1033890324 Ideal Corviknight trap

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1031876774 Poor play and bad teams, but with Corv gone there was nothing for Band Exca.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1033797946 Mew steals spikes from Ferro and stalls Pex

It certainly helps that you can't really tell what Mew's moveset is from team preview, and people don't know what's going on when you use imprison at first.

For more serious stuff, Scarf & Band Exca are pretty solid. Non-choiced Exca is prone to getting forced out anyway if there's a bird still alive, so I haven't really missed the flexibility. I prefer Scarf to Sand Rush because of how self sufficient it is in addition to keeping Mold Breaker for Rotom forms and Hydreigon. Soft Sand also works with how much you click earthquake. Figured I'd mention these since I've mainly seen LO/Sash/Boots.

Finally, Mimikyu is a pretty fun pick. It's 1 point faster than CBCB Darm, has Play Rough for Hydreigon, and Disguise works wonders against fast mons and Darm. Priority is kinda rare and Mimikyu's picks off Dragapult and Gengar. Plus, running a Ghost type gives you a Boomburst immunity to exploit Toxtricity even more (although with Dugtrio around that thing has it bad enough).
Fun fact: Thanks to the addition of Drain Punch, Mimikyu can technically munch on two of the biggest Pokemon in the tier in a one on one conflict:

252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Darmanitan-Galar: 265-315 (75.4 - 89.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dracovish: 299-354 (93.1 - 110.2%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

This is with Jolly nature- Adamant nature OHKO's Draco with Play Rough, though you'll lose the speed tie to Band Darm and might get flinch death'd, so you'll have to decide whether you want that as a potential trade off.

Shadow Sneak pinches both of them off after that hit anyway, so if they stay in to attack and don't flinch you (in G-Darm's case), they either lose, are crippled for the rest of the match, or die to SR on the next turn.

If you predict a switch, you can SD, and SD Mimikyu KO's non-invested Excadrill (also outspeeds non CS/SR boosted versions if you happen to be running Jolly), uninvested Dragapult (outspeeds thanks to SS, which OHKO's if you're packing LO), and non-physically maxed out Mandibuzz):

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mandibuzz: 624-736 (147.1 - 173.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

It should also be noted (though not necessarily advised) that DP theoretically allows Mimikyu to run a FS set like it did in XY days, since DP's damage output has the ability to put you back at full health on all but the most defensive of Pokemon that resist your move (i.e. Toxapex)

252 Atk Mimikyu Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mandibuzz: 62-73 (14.6 - 17.2%) -- possible 6HKO

Restores 12.5%-14.3% HP- that's enough to get HP back to full, and that's on a Max HP invested, 110/105 physically defensive Pokemon.

It seems that the post Dmax ban meta is becoming very balance heavy as many predicted. Bulky Corviknight, Pex, Mandibuzz, Clefable, Vaporeon, etc are going strong. I don't think the current hydreigon loadout of subplot is adequate to break through because of how most competent balance teams have SpD Clef or Sylveon. Protect + hazards is also a great weapon against darm. So I think the meta is going to need to adjust to break these teams.

With that said I would suggest running a classic taunt stallbreaker. With heatran and mega sable gone, it is much easier to burn/toxic these bulky teams and taunt them to shut them down. Burn is a better choice imo since you can burn Corviknight and Pex. Jellicent is an excellent choice for this. I was going to suggest Mew but it looks like it lost reliable recover. I don't think rest chesto would be viable due to common knock off on mandibuzz. It looks like Jellicent and Sableye are the only choices for wisp / taunt / recovery. Mandibuzz seems to be the only viable option for toxic / taunt / reliable recovery and I think it will have a tough time against pex.

Additionally, I think running life orb on hydreigon should be tried out more. Even the most SpDef clef, mandibuzz, etc are not taking +2 attacks from it. Drop dark pulse for fire blast.

One more thing: If you're running subplot hydreigon, you might want to consider running 52 HP / 96 Def / 108 SpA / 252 Spe Timid (or 128 SpA / 232 Spe Timid). This prevents mandibuzz from breaking your sub with u-turn at the cost of some power. 232 Spe beats mimikyu and gives you a little more power if you aren't worried about speed ties.

Last edited:
I've been having a lot of success with Ludicolo on my rain teams and feel like it's pretty underrated.

Ludicolo @ Choice Specs/Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Weather Ball
- Leaf Storm/Energy Ball
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Thanks to Dracovish Physically Defensive water resists are everywhere. Notably Ferrothorn is often much more physically defensive than previous generations and is often paired with a Water Absorb user like Seismitoad. The 2 strongest rain abusers, Barraskewda and Drednaw have both their stabs resisted or immune so having one break for the other can be very difficult. While 90 SpA is definitely on the low side it is the highest of all the Swift Swimmers. Grass typing making you immune to Leech Seed is also very important, as once you do get Ferrothorn low enough to kill it will have a very hard time recovering HP.

Choice Specs and Life Orb are both very good items on Ludicolo. Choice Specs is better to break for your other Swift Swimmers to win while Life Orb let's you take advantage of your coverage moves to keep up momentum. Not being locked into a water move and being forced out by Ferrothorn is very nice

Modest let's you reach 478 Spe under rain, outspeeding Scarf Damanitan. This generation Ludicolo learns Weather Ball for a 100% accurate 100 BP stab in rain. I really recommend Leaf Storm or Energy Ball over the more common Giga Drain for secondary stab because leaving something at low health with Water Absorb low will still allow it to check your choice locked Water attacks. Life Orb Leaf Storm OHKO's Dracovish after Stealth Rocks and Choice Specs kills without. You very rarely want to stay in spamming Grass Stab so this is very good with Choice Specs. Even with the SpA drop 2 Leaf Storms will outdamage 2 Energy Balls. With Life Orb you care more about SpA drop but if your team is weak to Dracovish it can be worth it. Ice Beam is for Dragons that resist both your stabs. Grass types aren't really seen outside of Ferrothorn though in theory it would be used for that too. Focus Blast will kill Ferrothorn after it's been chipped a little which is very easily done by rain teams and being stronger than Ice Beam also lets you OHKO Hydreigon at full.

Calcs in spoilers:
Physical
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Ferrothorn: 294-346 (83.5 - 98.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Ferrothorn: 255-302 (72.4 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Special
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 218-258 (61.9 - 73.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 190-224 (53.9 - 63.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Physical
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Jellicent: 518-612 (128.2 - 151.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Jellicent: 360-426 (89.1 - 105.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Jellicent: 302-356 (74.7 - 88.1%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Jellicent: 452-533 (111.8 - 131.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Jellicent: 312-369 (77.2 - 91.3%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Jellicent: 265-312 (65.5 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Special
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Jellicent: 378-446 (93.5 - 110.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Jellicent: 264-312 (65.3 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Jellicent: 218-260 (53.9 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Jellicent: 330-390 (81.6 - 96.5%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Jellicent: 229-273 (56.6 - 67.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Jellicent: 190-226 (47 - 55.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Physical
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Vaporeon: 564-666 (121.5 - 143.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Vaporeon: 390-462 (84 - 99.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Vaporeon: 326-386 (70.2 - 83.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Vaporeon: 491-580 (105.8 - 125%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Vaporeon: 338-400 (72.8 - 86.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Vaporeon: 283-335 (60.9 - 72.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Special
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vaporeon: 408-480 (87.9 - 103.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vaporeon: 282-332 (60.7 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vaporeon: 236-278 (50.8 - 59.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vaporeon: 351-416 (75.6 - 89.6%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vaporeon: 242-289 (52.1 - 62.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vaporeon: 203-242 (43.7 - 52.1%) -- 64.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Physical
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Wash: 512-606 (168.4 - 199.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Wash: 356-420 (117.1 - 138.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Wash: 296-350 (97.3 - 115.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Wash: 445-525 (146.3 - 172.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Wash: 307-367 (100.9 - 120.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Wash: 260-307 (85.5 - 100.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Special
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-Wash: 372-440 (122.3 - 144.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-Wash: 258-306 (84.8 - 100.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-Wash: 218-258 (71.7 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-Wash: 328-385 (107.8 - 126.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-Wash: 226-268 (74.3 - 88.1%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-Wash: 190-226 (62.5 - 74.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Physical
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Milotic: 446-528 (113.1 - 134%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Milotic: 308-366 (78.1 - 92.8%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Milotic: 258-306 (65.4 - 77.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Milotic: 390-460 (98.9 - 116.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Milotic: 268-320 (68 - 81.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Milotic: 226-268 (57.3 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Special
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Milotic: 336-396 (85.2 - 100.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Milotic: 234-276 (59.3 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Milotic: 194-230 (49.2 - 58.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Milotic: 291-346 (73.8 - 87.8%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Milotic: 203-242 (51.5 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Milotic: 172-203 (43.6 - 51.5%) -- 56.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dracovish: 327-385 (101.8 - 119.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dracovish: 228-268 (71 - 83.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dracovish: 189-223 (58.8 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dracovish: 285-335 (88.7 - 104.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dracovish: 199-234 (61.9 - 72.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dracovish: 165-195 (51.4 - 60.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Seismitoad: 473-562 (114.2 - 135.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Offensive
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Dragapult: 316-374 (99.6 - 117.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Dragapult: 276-325 (87 - 102.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Sub/Disable
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Ice Beam vs. 96 HP / 0 SpD Dragapult: 318-376 (93.2 - 110.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Ice Beam vs. 96 HP / 0 SpD Dragapult: 278-328 (81.5 - 96.1%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hydreigon: 364-430 (112 - 132.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hydreigon: 272-322 (83.6 - 99%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hydreigon: 317-374 (97.5 - 115%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hydreigon: 237-281 (72.9 - 86.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dracozolt: 338-398 (105.2 - 123.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dracozolt: 294-346 (91.5 - 107.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Calcs without spoilers:

Physical
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Ferrothorn: 294-346 (83.5 - 98.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Ferrothorn: 255-302 (72.4 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Special
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 218-258 (61.9 - 73.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 190-224 (53.9 - 63.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Physical
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Jellicent: 518-612 (128.2 - 151.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Jellicent: 360-426 (89.1 - 105.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Jellicent: 302-356 (74.7 - 88.1%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Jellicent: 452-533 (111.8 - 131.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Jellicent: 312-369 (77.2 - 91.3%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Jellicent: 265-312 (65.5 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Special
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Jellicent: 378-446 (93.5 - 110.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Jellicent: 264-312 (65.3 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Jellicent: 218-260 (53.9 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Jellicent: 330-390 (81.6 - 96.5%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Jellicent: 229-273 (56.6 - 67.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Jellicent: 190-226 (47 - 55.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Physical
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Vaporeon: 564-666 (121.5 - 143.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Vaporeon: 390-462 (84 - 99.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Vaporeon: 326-386 (70.2 - 83.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Vaporeon: 491-580 (105.8 - 125%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Vaporeon: 338-400 (72.8 - 86.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Vaporeon: 283-335 (60.9 - 72.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Special
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vaporeon: 408-480 (87.9 - 103.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vaporeon: 282-332 (60.7 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vaporeon: 236-278 (50.8 - 59.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vaporeon: 351-416 (75.6 - 89.6%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vaporeon: 242-289 (52.1 - 62.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vaporeon: 203-242 (43.7 - 52.1%) -- 64.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Physical
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Wash: 512-606 (168.4 - 199.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Wash: 356-420 (117.1 - 138.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Wash: 296-350 (97.3 - 115.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Wash: 445-525 (146.3 - 172.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Wash: 307-367 (100.9 - 120.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Wash: 260-307 (85.5 - 100.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Special
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-Wash: 372-440 (122.3 - 144.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-Wash: 258-306 (84.8 - 100.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-Wash: 218-258 (71.7 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-Wash: 328-385 (107.8 - 126.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-Wash: 226-268 (74.3 - 88.1%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-Wash: 190-226 (62.5 - 74.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Physical
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Milotic: 446-528 (113.1 - 134%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Milotic: 308-366 (78.1 - 92.8%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Milotic: 258-306 (65.4 - 77.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Milotic: 390-460 (98.9 - 116.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Milotic: 268-320 (68 - 81.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Milotic: 226-268 (57.3 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Special
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Milotic: 336-396 (85.2 - 100.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Milotic: 234-276 (59.3 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Milotic: 194-230 (49.2 - 58.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Milotic: 291-346 (73.8 - 87.8%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Milotic: 203-242 (51.5 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Milotic: 172-203 (43.6 - 51.5%) -- 56.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dracovish: 327-385 (101.8 - 119.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dracovish: 228-268 (71 - 83.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dracovish: 189-223 (58.8 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dracovish: 285-335 (88.7 - 104.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Energy Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dracovish: 199-234 (61.9 - 72.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dracovish: 165-195 (51.4 - 60.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Seismitoad: 473-562 (114.2 - 135.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Offensive
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Dragapult: 316-374 (99.6 - 117.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Dragapult: 276-325 (87 - 102.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Sub/Disable
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Ice Beam vs. 96 HP / 0 SpD Dragapult: 318-376 (93.2 - 110.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Ice Beam vs. 96 HP / 0 SpD Dragapult: 278-328 (81.5 - 96.1%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hydreigon: 364-430 (112 - 132.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hydreigon: 272-322 (83.6 - 99%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hydreigon: 317-374 (97.5 - 115%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hydreigon: 237-281 (72.9 - 86.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dracozolt: 338-398 (105.2 - 123.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dracozolt: 294-346 (91.5 - 107.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

All in all I think this is probably the best Ludicolo will be this generation, especially if both Darmanitan and Dracovish end up getting banned. It's stats may look bad but it has just barely enough to do what you need it to.

Last edited:

McCoolDude

Just a fat shark
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
I've been having a lot of success with Ludicolo on my rain teams and feel like it's pretty underrated.

Ludicolo @ Choice Specs/Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Thanks to Dracovish Physically Defensive water resists are everywhere. Notably Ferrothorn is often much more physically defensive than previous generations and is often paired with a Water Absorb user like Seismitoad. The 2 strongest rain abusers, Barraskewda and Drednaw have both their stabs resisted or immune so having one break for the other can be very difficult. While 90 SpA is definitely on the low side it is the highest of all the Swift Swimmers. Grass typing making you immune to Leech Seed is also very important, as once you do get Ferrothorn low enough to kill it will have a very hard time recovering HP.

Choice Specs and Life Orb are both very good items on Ludicolo. Choice Specs is better to break for your other Swift Swimmers to win while Life Orb let's you take advantage of your coverage moves to keep up momentum. Not being locked into a water move and being forced out by Ferrothorn is very nice

Modest let's you reach 478 Spe under rain, outspeeding Scarf Damanitan. Hydro Pump is strongly recommended over Scald for Clefable and you want the extra damage to clean up. I really recommend Energy Ball over the more common Giga Drain because leaving something at low health with Water Absorb low will still allow it to check your choice locked Water attacks. Ice Beam is for Dragons that resist both your stabs. Grass types aren't really seen outside of Ferrothorn though in theory it would be used for that too. Focus Blast will kill Ferrothorn after it's been chipped a little which is very easily done by rain teams and being stronger than Ice Beam also lets you OHKO Hydreigon at full.

Calcs in spoilers:
Physical

Special

Physical

Special

Physical

Special

Physical

Special

Physical

Special

Offensive

Sub/Disable

Physical/Bulky Attacker
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 250-295 (63.4 - 74.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 183-216 (46.4 - 54.8%) -- 9.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 218-257 (55.3 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 157-187 (39.8 - 47.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Special
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Clefable: 178-210 (45.1 - 53.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Clefable: 129-153 (32.7 - 38.8%) -- 4.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Clefable: 153-183 (38.8 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Clefable: 113-134 (28.6 - 34%) -- 98.8% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Physical
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Corviknight: 262-309 (65.5 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Corviknight: 192-226 (48 - 56.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Corviknight: 227-269 (56.7 - 67.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Corviknight: 165-196 (41.2 - 49%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Special
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Corviknight: 184-217 (46 - 54.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Corviknight: 135-159 (33.7 - 39.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Corviknight: 160-188 (40 - 47%) -- 46.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Corviknight: 117-138 (29.2 - 34.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

Calcs without spoilers:

Physical

Special

Physical

Special

Physical

Special

Physical

Special

Physical

Special

Offensive

Sub/Disable

Physical/Bulky Attacker
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 250-295 (63.4 - 74.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 183-216 (46.4 - 54.8%) -- 9.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 218-257 (55.3 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 157-187 (39.8 - 47.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Special
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Clefable: 178-210 (45.1 - 53.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Clefable: 129-153 (32.7 - 38.8%) -- 4.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Clefable: 153-183 (38.8 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Clefable: 113-134 (28.6 - 34%) -- 98.8% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Physical
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Corviknight: 262-309 (65.5 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Corviknight: 192-226 (48 - 56.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Corviknight: 227-269 (56.7 - 67.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Corviknight: 165-196 (41.2 - 49%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Special
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Corviknight: 184-217 (46 - 54.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Ludicolo Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Corviknight: 135-159 (33.7 - 39.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Corviknight: 160-188 (40 - 47%) -- 46.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Corviknight: 117-138 (29.2 - 34.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

All in all I think this is probably the best Ludicolo will be this generation, especially if both Darmanitan and Dracovish end up getting banned. It's stats may look bad but it has just barely enough to do what you need it to.

I'd like to add: it's worth considering weather ball for a rain sweeper set. No accuracy issues in exchange for being less effective (or ineffective) outside of rain and 10BP lower.

I'd like to add: it's worth considering weather ball for a rain sweeper set. No accuracy issues in exchange for being less effective (or ineffective) outside of rain and 10BP lower.
Thanks, I didn't know that was a TM this generation. I went to edit it but realized all my calcs didn't have rain and with that they all became 2HKO's so I removed them for being unnecessary. Also it apparently gets Leaf Storm, which seems like it should be amazing for revenge killing Dracovish. I'll be testing it but I have high hopes.

Last edited:
Weather Ball seems like an interesting middle ground between Surf and Hydro Pump, but there's a pretty big downside to it: you have no Water STAB when it's not raining.

I know the idea is to have it in rain as much as possible (primarily with Pelipper's help), but that's not always how it goes in practice.

McCoolDude

Just a fat shark
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Weather Ball seems like an interesting middle ground between Surf and Hydro Pump, but there's a pretty big downside to it: you have no Water STAB when it's not raining.

I know the idea is to have it in rain as much as possible (primarily with Pelipper's help), but that's not always how it goes in practice.
^ This is the "ineffective outside of rain" I mentioned, but it reminds me that I forgot to mention one other bit:

If your opponent tries to counter-weather you, you get some interesting new coverage.

Bopping a corviknight that thinks it's safe because sun is out is one hell of a shot of dopamine. (Though the most common counter-weather is sand, and the things that use sand are either extremely specifically bulky or resist rock, so usually it's still not a great trade off.)

Last edited:

hero

amiwos :J
heya :J I want to bring up a couple of options for Hyper Offense to the discussion that have been working really well for me. (I'm on my phone so sorry if the formatting is a bit wonky).

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch / Extreme Speed
- Earthquake / Crunch / Meteor Mash

Lucario got a subtle buff this generation in that the dex cut has way reduced the average speed of the metagame, which greatly benefits Lucario. Adamant Lucario outspeeds a good portion of the OU meta right now which is huge, since for the last three generations it has suffered from competition against faster CC users or it just gets easily revenge killed.

Lucario benefits from some trends in the metagame right now, namely Sub NP Hydreigon, Tyranitar, Bisharp and Foul Play-less Mandibuzz. Often times it will be able to get an SD against either these mons or via forcing a switch against the right mon.

There are a lot of moves one can run but I've found the most effective set to be SD, Close Combat, Earthquake and Bullet Punch. Close Combat destroys most things at +2, even fully phys defensive Corviknight takes 86 min for reference. Earthquake has two key uses, in that at +2 it is almost always a OHKO on Toxapex (guaranteed with rocks!), who will most definitely feel safe coming in on the turn Lucario SDs, which can open up for a number of sweepers in your team, and of course EQ also bypasses King's Shield mind games by avoiding contact. Lastly, I prefer Bullet Punch over espeed for two reasons, one being that it does 76 min to Darmanitan at neutral, which means you can easily dispose of Darm after one round of rocks, which your team should be able to accomplish, and the other reason is the offensive ghosts Dragapult and Gengar who would otherwise revenge kill with ease. You still need chip on Dragapult to kill at +2, but Gengar drops.

252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Darmanitan-Galar: 268-320 (76.3 - 91.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 347-409 (86.9 - 102.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (keep in mind that if it's anything less than fully defensive it will just die to rocks, so spdef or mixed just drop)

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Seismitoad: 430-507 (103.8 - 122.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO very useful

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 294-348 (96.7 - 114.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Black Sludge recovery
again, extremely useful OHKO after rocks

As for teammates, Lucario is gonna need a very reliable rocker, obviously spikes help too but are not necessary. Teammates who benefit from luring Toxapex and that share similar responses to Lucario are greatly appreciated too, so things like Bisharp, Scarf Dracovish and other physical attackers. Special mention goes to Balloon Aegislash, who is able to completely wall this set which means you're safe against a reverse Ditto sweep.

Finally, I want to briefly talk about Crawdaunt and specifically the monster that is the SD set.

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer

While Crawdaunt faces competition with Dracovish for an offensive water type, Crawdaunt has a lot going for it that makes it an option worth considering and even an excellent teammate for the fish.

Crawdaunt benefits from the bulky water types or ice types most non offensive teams are forced to run because of Darmanitan. Thanks to the switches it forces it is able to get an SD which would be enough to sweep a lot of teams. Otherwise, smacking things at neutral to open up for a teammate (like Lucario!) is always appreciated.

I'm sure they can work outside of HO too, haven't tested them in non HO teams tho. I'll edit in some replays later, since it's kind of akward to do on my phone.

Last edited:
heya :J I want to bring up a couple of options for Hyper Offense to the discussion that have been working really well for me. (I'm on my phone so sorry if the formatting is a bit wonky).

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch / Extreme Speed
- Earthquake / Crunch / Meteor Mash

Lucario got a subtle buff this generation in that the dex cut has way reduced the average speed of the metagame, which greatly benefits Lucario. Adamant Lucario outspeeds a good portion of the OU meta right now which is huge, since for the last three generations it has suffered from competition against faster CC users or it just gets easily revenge killed.

Lucario benefits from some trends in the metagame right now, namely Sub NP Hydreigon, Tyranitar, Bisharp and Foul Play-less Mandibuzz. Often times it will be able to get an SD against either these mons or via forcing a switch against the right mon.

There are a lot of moves one can run but I've found the most effective set to be SD, Close Combat, Earthquake and Bullet Punch. Close Combat destroys most things at +2, even fully phys defensive Corviknight takes 86 min for reference. Earthquake has two key uses, in that at +2 it is almost always a OHKO on Toxapex (guaranteed with rocks!), who will most definitely feel safe coming in on the turn Lucario SDs, which can open up for a number of sweepers in your team, and of course EQ also bypasses King's Shield mind games by avoiding contact. Lastly, I prefer Bullet Punch over espeed for two reasons, one being that it does 76 min to Darmanitan at neutral, which means you can easily dispose of Darm after one round of rocks, which your team should be able to accomplish, and the other reason is the offensive ghosts Dragapult and Gengar who would otherwise revenge kill with ease. You still need chip on Dragapult to kill at +2, but Gengar drops.

252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Darmanitan-Galar: 268-320 (76.3 - 91.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 347-409 (86.9 - 102.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (keep in mind that if it's anything less than fully defensive it will just die to rocks, so spdef or mixed just drop)

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Seismitoad: 430-507 (103.8 - 122.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO very useful

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 294-348 (96.7 - 114.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Black Sludge recovery
again, extremely useful OHKO after rocks

As for teammates, Lucario is gonna need a very reliable rocker, obviously spikes help too but are not necessary. Teammates who benefit from luring Toxapex and that share similar responses to Lucario are greatly appreciated too, so things like Bisharp, Scarf Dracovish and other physical attackers. Special mention goes to Balloon Aegislash, who is able to completely wall this set which means you're safe against a reverse Ditto sweep.

Finally, I want to briefly talk about Crawdaunt and specifically the monster that is the SD set.

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer

While Crawdaunt faces competition with Dracovish for an offensive water type, Crawdaunt has a lot going for it that makes it an option worth considering and even an excellent teammate for the fish.

Crawdaunt benefits from the bulky water types or ice types most non offensive teams are forced to run because of Darmanitan. Thanks to the switches it forces it is able to get an SD which would be enough to sweep a lot of teams. Otherwise, smacking things at neutral to open up for a teammate (like Lucario!) is always appreciated.

I'm sure they can work outside of HO too, haven't tested them in non HO teams tho. I'll edit in some replays later, since it's kind of akward to do on my phone.
I'm glad you posted this. I never bothered to try luke on HO and it looks promising. It's like Bisharp except with a stronger stab move and better speed. Bisharp is really good of course but it just misses out on important KOs like Corviknight, Ferro, Pex, and Toad due to not having knock off and it looks like Luke nabs those with CC. Also I've seen many corviknight running body press which is frustrating to lose a sweep when corviknight barely tanks the throat chop and KOs back.

Jolly vs Adamant is an issue though. Jolly lets you outspeed excadrill, rotom, and gyarados which you need to hit with CC. The damage goes down to 94% and 88% min to seismitoad and pex respectively. SR keeps them in range though it's shakier. Also EQ vs crunch is picking between pex vs. jellicent and jelly can strength sap you forever without +2 crunch. Regardless I'm giving this a go when I get the chance.

i wanted to talk about my favorite defensive core specifically for bulky offense teams and i feel like you can really splash it onto any offensive core and it will work perfectly

1577132519353.png

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

IMO probably the best defensive mon in the entire meta. Hard stop to rotom heat and dracovish, and blanket check to like everything else in the entire meta. Obviously amazing typing, stealth rock setter for the team, idk what i have to say everyone knows seismitoad.
1577132552598.png

Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Rotom Heat is a mon I really love and I'm super happy it's a legitimate great mon in this meta. It's kinda weird because it has like a million different sets that can be a mix of offensive or defensive with moves like nasty plot, twave, wisp etc, but this has been my favorite by far. it's a pretty good check to clef (which imo is a top 3 biggest threat of this meta) darm (ban this please) and corviknight which are obviously some of the best and most prominent mons in the entire meta. the reason i love this set in particular is because rest gives it longevity that no other rotom set has and once you get rid of the things that really damage it, this thing can just stay around forever, especially because of heavy duty boots. also, volt switch is amazing for momentum, so i would probably say this guy is my favorite defensive pivot for bulky offense after seismitoad, and it's on most of my teams.
1577132836847.png

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Similar to seismitoad, i don't think i need to explain what this does. It is a huge blanket check to a bunch of mons in the meta like drill which is obviously a huge menace, it is probably the best defogger in the tier only really competing with mandibuzz for that role, the amazing skarm typing, u turn for momentum i don't think i have to say more

so the reason i love this core so much is because i think it is incredibly splashable and can just be thrown on to almost any bulky offense team because these are all bulky pivots that can stay around in a game but also aren't passive. all of these mons have some form of gaining momentum, whether it be by switching them into a move they're immune to (all of these mons are immune to something) or setting up rocks, getting a scald burn, or u turning or volt switching out, these mons all provide something for offense while being great defensive checks to most of the tier. however, you have to play aggressively and smart with these mons or else other offenses will take advantage of you

A fun silly Prankster gimmick

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Bulk Up
- Play Rough

This is based off an old Tornadus gimmick that used the same idea. Prankster allowed for priority healing, guaranteeing a defence boost before your opponent hits you and by using sleep talk, indirectly giving you priority 90 bp fairy stab. Obviously it's not the most consistent set in the world and you're probably better of running normal bulk up, but having rest does allow it to stay healthy while still setting up on some physical threats.

As suggested by later posts, the attacking move can be replaced with whatever else you want, specially Darkest Lariat or Spirit Break.

Last edited:

Adamant Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Bulk Up
- Play Rough

This is based off an old Tornadus gimmick that used the same idea. Prankster allowed for priority healing, guaranteeing a defence boost before your opponent hits you and by using sleep talk, indirectly giving you priority 90 bp fairy stab. Obviously it's not the most consistent set in the world and you're probably better of running normal bulk up, but having rest does allow it to stay healthy while still setting up on some physical threats.
Spirit Break is better due to Sp Att drop.

People say losing G-Darm would mean we'd lose the only viable physical ice type in the tier, so let's prove them wrong

Cloyster @ Heavy Duty Boots/Focus Sash/Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 HP / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Rock Blast
- Icicle Spear
- Liquidation

Physical attackers being omnipresent in this meta is great since Cloyster can put the kibosh on many of them.

Calcs for boosted offensive Sweepers vs Cloyster:
(+1 252 Atk Gyarados Bounce vs. 52 HP / 0 Def Cloyster: 121-144 (47.6 - 56.6%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO

252 Atk Cloyster Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gyarados: 280-330 (84.5 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

(+2 252 Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 52 HP / 0 Def Cloyster: 201-237 (79.1 - 93.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Cloyster Liquidation vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 338-402 (93.3 - 111%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

+1 252 Atk Darmanitan-Galar Flare Blitz vs. 52 HP / 0 Def Cloyster: 124-146 (48.8 - 57.4%) -- 94.5% chance to 2HKO

(252 Atk Cloyster Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Darmanitan-Galar: 360-430 (102.5 - 122.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

(252+ Atk Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 52 HP / 0 Def Cloyster: 102-120 (40.1 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

(+2 252 Atk Cloyster Liquidation vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 223-264 (82.2 - 97.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
)

Assuming you have SR on the field (as you should, Cloyster KO's Gyarados with chip damage, KO's Excadrill with chip damage, KO's Darm without any chip damage, and puts heavy pressure on Bisharp, where you'll do at least 80% to it before going down unless it's already SD'd before you stepped onto the field)

This puts these Pokemon into a move it or lose it situation, where they either attack and risk being RKO'd, or switch into another Pokemon, where-in you can set up a Shell Smash for surprisingly consistent results against common bulky walls

Calcs for physically defensive walls against Cloyster:
(0 Atk Seismitoad Power Whip vs. -1 52 HP / 0 Def Cloyster: 148-176 (58.2 - 69.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

(+2 252 Atk Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Seismitoad: 290-345 (70 - 83.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery)

(+2 252 Atk Cloyster Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Rotom-Wash: 160-190 (52.6 - 62.5%) -- approx. 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery)

(+2 252 Atk Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ferrothorn: 260-315 (73.8 - 89.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

(0 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. -1 52 HP / 0 Def Cloyster: 218-260 (85.8 - 102.3%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

(+2 252 Atk Cloyster Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Jellicent: 210-250 (51.9 - 61.8%) -- approx. 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery)

Of the most common walls, Defensive Seismitoad can't check you even at -1 Def if it happens to be carrying Power Whip (dies with SR+ LO, max Def Ferro has an 80% chance not to KO at full health and loses if it doesn't (dies with SR+LO), and Rotom and Jellicent both lose if they're under 50% and switch in after Cloyster has SS'd (30% if you're carrying LO)- Tox and Corsola are the only consistent switch in's to this thing, and those two can be dealt with by Hydreigon other things.

As far as revenge killing this thing goes, it outspeeds CS base 100 Pokemon with the given stat allotment (496), which means only stuff like C-Scarf Cinderace and C-scarf Dragapult are outspeeding this thing once it gets going

Calcs for revenge killers vs Cloyster:
(252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Mach Punch vs. -1 52 HP / 0 Def Cloyster: 204-242 (80.3 - 95.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 104 HP / 0 Def Conkeldurr: 345-410 (91.5 - 108.7%) -- approx. 56.3% chance to OHKO after burn damage

(252 Atk Life Orb Lucario Bullet Punch vs. -1 52 HP / 0 Def Cloyster: 68-82 (26.7 - 32.2%) -- 42.6% chance to 4HKO after

+2 252 Atk Cloyster Liquidation vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 300-354 (106.7 - 125.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO)

(252+ Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. -1 52 HP / 0 Def Cloyster: 109-130 (42.9 - 51.1%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO

(+2 252 Atk Cloyster Liquidation vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 223-264 (82.2 - 97.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO)

The current roster of RK's struggle to kill this thing, with Conkeldurr failing to RKO at full health and dying to icicle spear+burn damage afterward, Lucario dying outright from while only doing 30% max with LO bullet punch, and Bisharp only having a 5% chance to 2HKO with Sucker Punch, and taking 80% damage even if it wins the confrontation.

The current idea is to get this thing on a heavy duty physical attacker, where you either take the attack and RKO them in response, or set-up and start sweeping. LO lets you blast through physical walls with the exceptions mentioned above, Heavy Duty Boots ensures that you don't have to worry about SR ruining your day (and also makes sure that Conkeldurr doesn't cause you to kill yourself if you're in the middle of a sweep and it nails you with mach punch), and Focus Sash is there in case you're planning on using this thing as a one-time check to things like Sub Hydreigon and sub Dragapult (of which you KO the former at full health from behind sub with IS even without SS, and KO the former even with max HP investment with it.

Checks and Counters: The presence of strong special attackers will discourage this thing from setting up to start with (since even non-invested Rotom-W Volt Switch KO's this thing at full health). SR (if it's not carrying HDB) will allow Conkeldurr to kill it with Mach Punch, and could allow some other priority users to KO it if you can do enough damage while it sets-up. Toxapex and Corsola wall this thing, and can use haze to remove its boosts while either burning or fishing for burn (via Scald). Grimmsnarl can come in and priority paralyze it, Sableye can come in and priority burn it, and any over base 100 speed Pokemon with C-scarf can come in and either deal enough damage to KO it with decent to critical damage (if it's a physical attacker), or outright KO it if it's a special attacker (this thing will be at -1 special def after a Shell Smash, where even uninvested Vaporeon Scald 2HKO's)

Edit: Aegislash is also a good counter for this since all of Cloyster's move fail to KO shield Variant at full HP, Liquidation is a contact move (which means King Shield activates for it), and physically offensive versions can play around with Sacred Sword+Shadow Sneak (KO's after SR), while specially offensive versions OHKO with anything after the special def drop

Last edited:

Adamant Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Bulk Up
- Play Rough
I've used this set before, and it has potential to be more than just a gimmick, I like the idea of going Darkest Lariat>Spirit Break to hit Pex for neutral dmg and Corsola for SE. imo Grimmsnarl has the potential to be a balance killer with this set(since it ignores status, and can hit hard), but Pex and even Corsola can stop it on its tracks with Haze and Strength Sap respectively, but maybe it could work alongside a Taunt user or with taunt. using taunt would mean that you lose Sleep Talk.

An HO dual-screens lead that I think is sorta fun:

Vanilluxe @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Serious Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Taunt
- Explosion
- Blizzard/Freeze Dry/filler

Playing with this is relatively obvious, but it manages to get the veil up in most games. Explosion is more for self-KO than for damage. Although there are some leads where Blizzard + Explosion will KO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)