Project SS RU Teambuilding Lab V1 (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorex

penguin council
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LCPL Champion
OP Stolen from: gorex
Approved by: EviGaro

Rules:

- Have a one paragraph description with the core / Pokemon you want us to build around and a slight idea of what kind of team you want the end result to be.
- Do not post asking us to make use of unviable Pokemon. This is not a competition to see how good we are at teambuilding; this is us trying to educate people on what is good and how to build effective teams.
- Do not flame people for asking for a certain Pokemon or that they can't build one themselves.
- Each user is allowed one request per week and any user found requesting multiple will have their post deleted
- Please remember that these teams are first drafts and as such will not be perfect. Edit them as you please.
- On that note, you are free (and highly encouraged) to suggest and post changes / critiques you've made to already posted teams that you feel improve them.
- Please refrain from posting teams unless you are an "employee," but if you feel that you would be a valuable asset to the construction of a certain team, PM me.
- Do note that requests for teams built around mons that are C rank and below are not allowed anymore as they are generally less viable mons in the tier (C+ rank is still allowed)

Note:
If you wish to become a member of the Lab staff, please send the hosts a forum PM containing an application that follows the format below. Bear in mind that demand for builders will fluctuate based on the volume of requests and the activity level of the Lab's current staff.
1. Be knowledgeable regarding the RU tier and the current metagame
2. Provide evidence demonstrating your skills as a builder (RMT Team Showcase, examples of successful teams, etc.)
3. ~A paragraph in length describing how you build / what playstyle you are best at building (offense, stall, or balance, to be precise)
You must clearly demonstrate to the hosts that you deserve consideration as a builder. If you do not provide enough useful information to successfully enable us to judge your suitability for the position, your application will be declined.

Hosts
gorex
Mac3

Builders
MrAldo
Expulso
Sensei Axew
Oathkeepre
Yaily
Thiago Nunes
GoldCat
TheFranklin

Example
:braviary::rotom-mow::vaporeon::passimian::duraludon::mudsdale:
This is a bulky offense team centered around Bulk Up Braviary. When paired with Pokemon like Passimian and Rotom Braviary is able to get in much easier and grant itself many more set up opportunities thanks to their volt-turn. Rotom also provides an electric resist and a way to deal with Bulky Waters which can cripple Braviary, Mudsdale, and Passimian. Now that the team needed a way to deal with Pokemon like Salazzle, Ninetales, and other strong set-up sweepers I added Choice Scarf Duraludon due to its amazing revenge killing capabilities and being able to destroy most set-up sweepers with one hit, specifically Silvally-Fairy which can give this team trouble when boosted. Being that i needed a secondary check to Ninetales I decided to add Specially Defensive Vaporeon, which does a good job of beating it considering you shrug off solar beam and haze it which makes you able to wish and scald repeatedly. Lastly I decided to add Mudsdale due to needing a Stealth Rocker and another answer to Boosted Rhydon / other physically offensive threats.

Announcements
  • The Lab is currently NOT ACCEPTING builder applications!
  • The Lab does not accept requests including Pokemon currently undergoing suspect testing.

Last edited:

gorex

penguin council
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LCPL Champion
Archive:
click title for post, sprites for importable

1. CM Chople Drampa Balance - Mac3
:drampa: :zarude: :steelix: :togekiss: :starmie: :xurkitree:

2. SubSD Glastrier Balance - MrAldo, posted by zizalith
:glastrier: :dragalge: :suicune: :zarude: :steelix: :togekiss:

3. Specs Toxtricity + AV Reuniclus Balance - Mac3
:toxtricity: :reuniclus: :gastrodon: :noivern: :cobalion: :golisopod:

4. Obstagoon + Togekiss Bulky Offense - Oathkeepre
:togekiss: :obstagoon: :steelix: :milotic: :xurkitree: :decidueye:

5. Turtonator Webs - MrAldo
:ribombee: :turtonator: :cobalion: :zoroark: :seismitoad: :toxtricity:

6. Stakataka + Alolan Marowak TR (version 1) - Mac3, posted by gorex
:stakataka: :reuniclus: :aromatisse: :machamp: :porygon2: :marowak-alola:

7. Stakataka + Alolan Marowak TR (version 2) - gorex
:porygon2: :stakataka: :marowak-alola: :regidrago: :mesprit: :aromatisse:

8. SD Lucario Bulky Offense - MrAldo
:lucario: :incineroar: :whimsicott: :toxtricity: :noivern: :rhyperior:

9. NP Toxicroak Balance - MrAldo
:toxicroak: :zarude: :flygon: :raikou: :metagross: :chandelure:

10. Chople SD Bewear Balance - MrAldo
:bewear: :seismitoad: :haunter: :noivern: :klefki: :zarude:

11. Whirlwind Snorlax Semistall - Mac3
:snorlax: :dhelmise: :togekiss: :golisopod: :salazzle: :steelix:

12. SD Lucario Webs - Expulso
:ribombee: :necrozma: :lucario: :zarude: :raikou: :mimikyu:

13. Spikes + CM Reuniclus Balance - Expulso
:klefki: :reuniclus: :rhyperior: :dhelmise: :incineroar: :noivern:

14. CB Bewear + Dragalge Balance - Sensei Axew
:bewear: :dragalge: :zarude: :seismitoad: :metagross: :togekiss:

15. Scarf Metagross + Incineroar Balance - Expulso
:metagross: :incineroar: :dhelmise: :rhyperior: :noivern: :toxtricity:

16. OTR Stakataka Voltturn - Expulso
:toxtricity: :zarude: :noivern: :seismitoad: :stakataka: :mimikyu:

17. CB Tyrantrum (+ Mimikyu) - Expulso
:tyrantrum: :mimikyu: :sandaconda: :zarude: :togekiss: :toxicroak:

18. CB Tyrantrum (alternate version) - Expulso
:tyrantrum: :metagross: :sandaconda: :zarude: :togekiss: :toxicroak:

19. Specs Indeedee Balance - Sensei Axew
:indeedee: :noivern: :mienshao: :steelix: :milotic: :zarude:

20. Chandelure Balance - Oathkeepre
:cobalion: :chandelure: :milotic: :noivern: :rhyperior: :zarude:

21. CM Sigilyph Balance - Mac3
:sigilyph: :dhelmise: :cobalion: :gastrodon: :sylveon: :heracross:

22. Porygon-Z Offense - Mac3
:porygon-z: :golurk: :roserade: :metagross: :aerodactyl: :incineroar:

23. Heracross + Incineroar Balance - Mac3
:heracross: :incineroar: :raikou: :vileplume: :steelix: :togekiss:

Last edited:

gorex

penguin council
LCPL Champion
Outdated Teams:
click title for post, sprites for importable
(slowbro sprites = slowbro galar btw)

1. Inteleon + Rotom-Mow VoltTurn - MrAldo
:inteleon: :rotom-mow: :salazzle: :steelix: :passimian: :slurpuff:

2. Bulky Drapion Semistall - MrAldo
:drapion: :vaporeon: :steelix: :aromatisse: :salazzle: :xatu:

3. Choice Scarf Drapion Semistall (alternative) - Mac3, posted by MrAldo
:drapion: :salazzle: :xatu: :jellicent: :aromatisse: :steelix:

4. Choice Band Copperajah Bulky Offense - Loom
:copperajah: :charizard: :passimian: :rhydon: :jellicent: :aromatisse:

5. Bewear + Indeedee Offense - Mac3
:indeedee: :bewear: :vikavolt: :coalossal: :silvally-dragon: :decidueye:

6. Raichu-Alola Offense - Oathkeepre
:rillaboom: :vaporeon: :charizard: :steelix: :raichu-alola: :toxicroak:

7. Gallade Sticky Web Offense - Loom
:gallade: :braviary: :vikavolt: :vaporeon: :rhydon: :duraludon:

8. Piloswine Bulky Offense - Loom
:piloswine: :toxicroak: :silvally-fairy: :charizard: :vaporeon: :rotom-mow:

9. Porygon2 Balance - Oathkeepre
:porygon2: :alcremie: :decidueye: :togedemaru: :rhydon: :charizard:

10. Scrafty + Sableye Balance - MrAldo
:scrafty: :vileplume: :sableye: :drednaw: :charizard: :stunfisk-galar:

11. Nasty Plot Zoroark Webs - Loom
:araquanid: :zoroark: :rhyperior: :gardevoir: :virizion: :salazzle:

12. Physical Sharpedo Webs - Loom
:sharpedo: :vikavolt: :salazzle: :virizion: :rhyperior: :silvally:

13. Mixed Sharpedo HO - MrAldo, posted by Loom
:druddigon: :klefki: :sharpedo: :sigilyph: :virizion: :gardevoir:

14. CM Espeon Balance - Loom + MrAldo, posted by Oathkeepre
:espeon: :passimian: :mantine: :rotom-mow: :centiskorch: :steelix:

15. Exeggutor-Alola Balance (Version 1) - MrAldo
:exeggutor-alola: :klefki: :rhyperior: :salazzle: :mantine: :snorlax:

16. Exeggutor-Alola Balance (Version 2) - MrAldo
:exeggutor-alola: :bronzong: :slowbro: :gastrodon: :silvally: :drapion:

17. Rotom-Mow + Inteleon Balance - Mac3
:rotom-mow: :inteleon: :slowbro: :coalossal: :umbreon: :silvally:

18. Dragalge + Umbreon Stall - Mac3
:dragalge: :umbreon: :bronzong: :mantine: :quagsire: :tangela:

19. Specs Virizion Balance (Version 1) - MrAldo
:virizion: :gallade: :dragalge: :steelix: :mantine: :gardevoir:

20. Specs Virizion Balance (Version 2) - MrAldo
:virizion: :passimian: :mantine: :dragalge: :steelix: :sneasel:

21. Bronzong + Rhyperior + Slowbro-Galar Trick Room - MrAldo
:bronzong: :slowbro: :rhyperior: :drampa: :gourgeist: :passimian:

22. Vanilluxe Veil - MrAldo
:vanilluxe: :druddigon: :scrafty: :lycanroc: :sigilyph: :inteleon:

23. Sigilyph Balance - Sensei Axew
:umbreon: :virizion: :sigilyph: :steelix: :inteleon: :mantine:

24. Hitmonlee + Indeedee Hyper Offense - Expulso
:indeedee-f: :hitmonlee: :rotom-mow: :seismitoad: :klefki: :salazzle:

25. Tauros Balance - Oathkeepre
:tauros: :klefki: :dhelmise: :seismitoad: :sigilyph: :passimian:

26. Centiskorch Balance - MrAldo
:centiskorch: :virizion: :steelix: :drapion: :inteleon: :sigilyph:

27. NP Galarbro + Klefki Balance - MrAldo
:slowbro: :klefki: :lycanroc: :seismitoad: :xatu: :gourgeist:

28. Specs Goodra + Silvally-Ground Balance - Expulso
:goodra: :silvally: :toxicroak: :bronzong: :mantine: :gardevoir:

29. Mantine + SubToxic Salazzle Semistall - Mac3
:salazzle: :silvally: :tangela: :mantine: :runerigus: :umbreon:

30. SD 3 Attacks Glastrier Balance - Mac3, posted by zizalith
:glastrier: :salazzle: :steelix: :vaporeon: :thundurus: :weezing-galar:

31. Vincune Spikes Balance - gorex
:ditto: :suicune: :cobalion: :roserade: :zygarde-10%: :togekiss:

32. Roarcune Spikes Balance - Mac3, posted by gorex
:suicune: :roserade: :palossand: :zygarde-10%: :togekiss: :snorlax:

33. SubTect Glastrier Balance - zizalith
:glastrier: :weezing-galar: :zarude: :starmie: :talonflame: :zygarde-10%:

34. Trapper Magnezone Offense - Mac3
:magnezone: :regidrago: :zarude: :thundurus: :cobalion: :noivern:

35. Cloyster Hyper Offense - Mac3
:klefki: :cloyster: :slurpuff: :thundurus: :necrozma: :flygon:

36. CM Reuniclus Balance - Mac3
:reuniclus: :cobalion: :zygarde-10%: :milotic: :noivern: :roserade:

37. Double Ghost Spikes Offense - Expulso
:klefki: :rhyperior: :dhelmise: :mienshao: :thundurus: :mimikyu:

Last edited:
With the recent drops i was thinking of a possible semi stall core focusing around tspikes on a drapion. drapion is one of the few mons that can handle indeedee who i still think is the best threat in the tier even with the recent drops. Additionally with the addition of avalugg and vaporeon there is reliable checks to other common threats in the tier and the ability to have a cleric and wish pass. Was an idea that i was hoping see executed and i cant wait to see what you guys can come up with!

I was thinking of making a team with Gallade but honestly I couldn't think of many ideas that could work in terms of partners and the like. Gallade interests me for being a Fighting-type that can reliably take out Poison-types like Weezing and Vileplume which hamper stuff like Passimian and Virizion. I want a more offensive build to start off with. Notably though I at least want solid checks to both Sableye and Aromatisse. Otherwise anything goes really.

Last edited:
I was thinking of making a team with Gallade but honestly I could think of many ideas that could work in terms of partners and the like. Gallade interests me for being a Fighting-type that can reliably take out Poison-types like Weezing and Vileplume which hamper stuff like Passimian and Virizion. I want a more offensive build to start off with. Notably though I at least want solid checks to both Sableye and Aromatisse. Otherwise anything goes really.
:gallade::rhydon::vikavolt::vaporeon::braviary::duraludon:
Here's a Hyper Offense team for you based around Sticky Webs. Vikavolt pairs extremely well with Gallade as Vikavolt provides Sticky Web support which allows Gallade to be an extremely problematic sweeper late game. Duraludon was the next addition as a Choice Scarfer, due to it being able to output massive amounts of damage on stuff like Ninetales, Rotom-Mow, Salazzle and Charizard, while also acting as a secondary avenue of speed control. Vaporeon was added to handle threats such as Ninetales and Salazzle, while also providing Wish support for Rhydon, Braviary and Duraludon, which is greatly appreciated. Braviary is able to take advantage of opposing Defoggers attempting to remove webs to gain a Defiant boost and hit the opposing team hard. The attack investment on Braviary is so it can 2HKO specially defensive Steelix after Leftovers recovery. Lastly I decided to use Rhydon as the Stealth Rocker due to it handling Salazzle and other fires bar Ninetales extremely well. Rhydon can also become very threatening under webs letting it function as a terrifying Swords Dance sweeper as well. The Rhydon spread is 3HKOd by Silvally types it's neutral to, 3HKOd by +2 Salazzle's Fire Blast after Stealth Rock, while also outrunning 164 Speed EVs Copperajah and neutral Vileplume.

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
With the recent drops i was thinking of a possible semi stall core focusing around tspikes on a drapion. drapion is one of the few mons that can handle indeedee who i still think is the best threat in the tier even with the recent drops. Additionally with the addition of avalugg and vaporeon there is reliable checks to other common threats in the tier and the ability to have a cleric and wish pass. Was an idea that i was hoping see executed and i cant wait to see what you guys can come up with!

Stall in this generation is honestly super tough to build cause right now the offensive options heavily outshine the defensive ones but right now in RU this is workable to an extent. Avalugg is super hard to fit outside of like hard stall and that type of teams have issues with fire types like ninetales, vikavolt, you name it so we went here with the tspikes drap as request with taunt to stop slower wincons from doing damage. This is very important versus curselax and what not. Vaporeon is a blessing to have due to the role compression it provides on the defensive aspect. Wish Pass + Heal Bell all in one which is great, doesnt require much of an explanation. Steelix is the best rocker to fit on a defensive team, Toxic + Body Press make it not fall prey of an snorlax and to not be helpless against stuff like bu scrafty, virizion and what not. It is important to have a semblance of offensive presence to not fall short during the game.

Aromatisse is a pretty ok mon and for teams like this it is rather necessary. Gives you a way to handle bu scrafty and malamar efficiently, and having cm helps you against stuff like vikavolt to not falter to that type of offense, which is the reason calm mind is in this set and doubles as a win condition to start doing damage. Salazzle makes this a more semi-stally build giving you a mon to bully opposing defensive builds and something to revenge kill opposing mons like ninetales, virizion, mixed silvally fairy which can pose a threat to this type of builds. The freedom of not always needing to be on the defensive is great to avoid a scenario where you always have to keep stuff healthy, and thats super hard with excellent breakers all around the metagame right now. Xatu provides the team with the second fighting check and obligatory hazard control to not get overwhelmed by hazards. Magic Bounce should be enough to keep teams with steelix as the rocker at bay, but has Defog in any case you face any other rocker.

Alternative version with jellicent + scarf tspikes drapion if you are interested

Hope you enjoy. Cheers!

Last edited:

Raahel

MANO TENGO FE
is a Tiering Contributor
He has been thinking about doing a volt-turn with Rotom-mow + Inteleon but I did not like the attempts I have made, I have seen that rotom-mow is super cool for spamming the volt switch and the ground immunity can go with Leaf storm, inteleon It is very good if there are no water absorbs out there and gaining momentum with u-turn so that rotom supports it against those water types such as vaporeon or jellicent it is a good core, if they could team me with them it would be super good I do not mind waiting either.

I was thinking about making a bulky offense team with CB Copperajah + Aromatisse as a support/utility mon, but since both mons are really slow some speed control would be nice or trick room (Would prefer just a BO team with speed control tbh). With a fat base attack of 130 and heavy slam as a strong stab move I feel like it can run through teams kinda easily but, I haven't touched any of the lower tiers in gen 8 and im starting to get bored of OU, but I'm not knowledgeable enough about the tier to even know where to start when it comes to building.. So if this idea is used that'd be cool :].

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
He has been thinking about doing a volt-turn with Rotom-mow + Inteleon but I did not like the attempts I have made, I have seen that rotom-mow is super cool for spamming the volt switch and the ground immunity can go with Leaf storm, inteleon It is very good if there are no water absorbs out there and gaining momentum with u-turn so that rotom supports it against those water types such as vaporeon or jellicent it is a good core, if they could team me with them it would be super good I do not mind waiting either.
Given the announcement of inteleon being on the voting slate to decide its fate lets push up this one quicker before it is too late in case the mon gets banned, if that happens you can request another team

Have some dedicated voltturn with with salazzle and slurpuff as win conditions. Punch holes, punish switch-ins, get your momentum and setup with slurpuff and win. Weak to opposing inteleon but so it is the destiny of offense at this point so make sure to win first and play your cards right, shouldnt be that hard.

Enjoy while you can, we shall see what happens with slurpuff and inteleon.

Raahel

MANO TENGO FE
is a Tiering Contributor
Well with the inteleon and slurpuff ban I am going to ask for a team with Piloswine

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Atk / 32 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Toxic / Ice Shard

I was thinking about making a bulky offense team with CB Copperajah + Aromatisse as a support/utility mon, but since both mons are really slow some speed control would be nice or trick room (Would prefer just a BO team with speed control tbh). With a fat base attack of 130 and heavy slam as a strong stab move I feel like it can run through teams kinda easily but, I haven't touched any of the lower tiers in gen 8 and im starting to get bored of OU, but I'm not knowledgeable enough about the tier to even know where to start when it comes to building.. So if this idea is used that'd be cool :].
:copperajah::charizard::passimian::rhydon::jellicent::aromatisse:
(click for team)
This team is a bulky offensive build featuring both CB Copperajah and Aromatisse like requested. We decided to add Jellicent thanks to it providing a Salazzle / Fire-type answer while Aromatisse provides a Dark-type answer which it greatly appreciates. Needing a stealth rocker we decided that Rhydon would be the best addition to the team due to it being able to muscle past things like Snorlax which can become troublesome if boosted. Jellicent also provides a fighting immunity and Aromatisse provides a resist and aromatherapy / wish support which Rhydon thrives under letting it lay out hazards and remain a potent threat longer in the game not having to fear status or chip as much. Needing a Grass-type resist we decided that Charizard would be the most optimal choice here since it also checks Pokemon like Ninetales which can become pretty overwhelming, while also removing hazards with defog. Lastly we decided to use Passimian as our Choice Scarfer thanks to it providing good speed control and a method to take out threats like Ninetales, Salazzle, Snorlax, and opposing Copperajah much easier.

Superpower is a decent option on CB Copperajah to dent Snorlax and Steelix.

Last edited:
I would like an offense team featuring the core of Specs Indeedee-M and SD Bewear. These Pokemon are able to defeat each others checks and counters so well, such as Bewear defeating Dark-and Steel-types which can easily KO Indeedee while it, in return, can blow back Poison-types that Bewear otherwise struggles against. Bewear also gained new moves such as Close Combat and Darkest Lariat, which helps it immensely. I also like the fact that terrains still exist in Sword and Shield and since Tapu Lele was my favorite Tapu back in gen 7, I'm glad we at least get some sort of budget version of it. Lastly, the ban of Slurpuff helps these two pokemon immensly, since they now don't get run over by +6 attacks with Unburden.

Bewear @ Silk Scarf / Lum Berry
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Double-Edge
- Drain Punch / Close Combat
- Darkest Lariat

Indeedee @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice / Mystical Fire
- Dazzling Gleam

Well with the inteleon and slurpuff ban I am going to ask for a team with Piloswine

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Atk / 32 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Toxic / Ice Shard
:piloswine::toxicroak::silvally::charizard::vaporeon::rotom-mow:
(click)
Here’s a Bulky Offense build based around Piloswine. Piloswine and Toxicroak synergize very well together thanks to Piloswine being able to handle most grounds like Rhydon and Mudsdale and Toxicroak in return handles Pokémon like Virizion and other fighting type Pokemon. Vaporeon is able to let members of this team such as Rotom, Toxicroak, Silvally, and Piloswine remain healthy which they greatly appreciate due to them checking things better at full. Vaporeon is also a fantastic fire resist handling Pokémon like Salazzle and Charizard with relative ease. Charizard is the main form of hazard removal and provides another grass resist which Piloswine and Vaporeon benefit from. Charizard is also able to stomach hits even from boosted Ninetales and poison it in return, allowing the team to manage it much easier such as vaporeon wishing on it / zard roosting. Silvally-Fairy is the main answer we chose to Passimian and other fighting type Pokemon which it does fantastically while also being a fearsome set-up sweeper. Lastly Rotom-mow is here as the main special sweeper that can handle bulky waters and grounds. Rotom-mow also forms a volt-turn core with Silvally-Fairy, allowing the team to gain momentum much easier.

Salutations, everyone!
I would love to request a team around Nasty Plot 3 Atk Alolan Raichu:]
The set I'd like is the same one that appears in the strategy dex:
Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot

Even though I'd be more interested to used it on a Balance team (since its the style I enjoy the most) any other team archetype could work:]

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I would like an offense team featuring the core of Specs Indeedee-M and SD Bewear. These Pokemon are able to defeat each others checks and counters so well, such as Bewear defeating Dark-and Steel-types which can easily KO Indeedee while it, in return, can blow back Poison-types that Bewear otherwise struggles against. Bewear also gained new moves such as Close Combat and Darkest Lariat, which helps it immensely. I also like the fact that terrains still exist in Sword and Shield and since Tapu Lele was my favorite Tapu back in gen 7, I'm glad we at least get some sort of budget version of it. Lastly, the ban of Slurpuff helps these two pokemon immensly, since they now don't get run over by +6 attacks with Unburden.

Bewear @ Silk Scarf / Lum Berry
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Double-Edge
- Drain Punch / Close Combat
- Darkest Lariat

Indeedee @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice / Mystical Fire
- Dazzling Gleam
:indeedee::bewear::vikavolt::coalossal::silvally-dragon::decidueye: (click for import)

I decided to pair the core of sd Bewear and specs Indeedee with webs support from Vikavolt to make them much harder to revenge which helps with Bewear's lackluster speed tier and allows Indeedee to outspeed all the Silvallys. Vikavolt also brings a slow volt-switch for them to capitalize on. I took the liberty to make Bewear chople berry in order to be safer against dd Scrafty, Passimian and unburden Hitmonlee, but you can change it. back to silk scarf if you want the extra breaking power. Double hazard Coalossal was the next addition and is a necessary Salazzle, Ninetales, and special ice-type check, I decided to make it both spikes and rocks as that will help the core of breakers by weakening their checks, especially Indeedee's as almost all are grounded. The speed evs make it so it outspeeds Salazzle at +6. Next I decided to add Silvally-Dragon for a Rotom-Mow check and also defog support, if you desperately need it, the given evs allow it to always 3hko 252/240 spdef Steelix at full. Scarf Decidueye was the last addition to give me a ground resist, further safety against Rotom, and also giving me a Virizion check. Thanks to gorex and MrAldo for the help, and sorry for taking a while.

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Salutations, everyone!
I would love to request a team around Nasty Plot 3 Atk Alolan Raichu:]
The set I'd like is the same one that appears in the strategy dex:
Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot

Even though I'd be more interested to used it on a Balance team (since its the style I enjoy the most) any other team archetype could work:]

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/7df8dff5e9f3b162

GustavoR, here is your team. I actually used this for my Week 2 matchup for RU Snake and won with it. I know you wanted a team around NP + 3 attacks Alolachu, but I went with 4 attacks which includes Volt Switch for pivoting. This set is more preferred since it doesn't get a lot of opportunities to set up and thus, hurts it in the long run. Anyway, let me run through the team here. I went Acrobatics Rillaboom to start with. Definitely want to use this while you can before it heads up to OU or UU thanks to Grassy Surge. It does 2HKO Vileplume with said Acrobatics and Wood Hammers get boosted power of course. Vaporeon was next as a means to beat and switch in to Salazzle, opposing Charizard, etc. I chose Heal Bell > Toxic here since the next teammate can Toxic opposing waters. Speaking of, Charizard is easily the best defogger we have and serves as yours. It's also 1 of your 3 ways to beat Vileplume. Toxic cripples Jellicent, opposing Vaporeon, and Gastrodon among others. The spread is more defensive than normal but this means it can take hits unlike the max SpA, max Spe variant. Steelix is your rocker and a sort of SpDef wall as well. Head Smash will deal with those pesky Charizard and other opposing Fires while Iron Defense works to make Body Press powerful. Next up is your Raichu-A and we went with Surf > Grass Knot simply for the fact that Gastro is just not common and Surf hits what it needs to. It's also your 3rd way to beat Vileplume. Lastly, your scarfer is Toxicroak and it does outspeed scarf Passimian and even speed ties with scarf Rillaboom. Standard moves on it, STABs Gunk and Low Kick, EQ for Salazzle or opposing Toxicroak, and Knock Off for stuff like Indeedee. I hope you enjoy it!

One final note, you can definitely make Raichu's set an NP set if you want. By doing this you're either sacrificing your only pivoting move or a vital coverage move, but it can be done. I tend to stick to NP myself but this variant worked out!​

Last edited:

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/7df8dff5e9f3b162

GustavoR, here is your team. I actually used this for my Week 2 matchup for RU Snake and won with it. I know you wanted a team around NP + 3 attacks Alolachu, but I went with 4 attacks which includes Volt Switch for pivoting. This set is more preferred since it doesn't get a lot of opportunities to set up and thus, hurts it in the long run. Anyway, let me run through the team here. I went Acrobatics Rillaboom to start with. Definitely want to use this while you can before it heads up to OU or UU thanks to Grassy Surge. It does 2HKO Vileplume with said Acrobatics and Wood Hammers get boosted power of course. Vaporeon was next as a means to beat and switch in to Salazzle, opposing Charizard, etc. I chose Heal Bell > Toxic here since the next teammate can Toxic opposing waters. Speaking of, Charizard is easily the best defogger we have and serves as yours. It's also 1 of your 3 ways to beat Vileplume. Toxic cripples Jellicent, opposing Vaporeon, and Gastrodon among others. The spread is more defensive than normal but this means it can take hits unlike the max SpA, max Spe variant. Steelix is your rocker and a sort of SpDef wall as well. Head Smash will deal with those pesky Charizard and other opposing Fires while Iron Defense works to make Body Press powerful. Next up is your Raichu-A and we went with Surf > Grass Knot simply for the fact that Gastro is just not common and Surf hits what it needs to. It's also your 3rd way to beat Vileplume. Lastly, your scarfer is Toxicroak and it does outspeed scarf Passimian and even speed ties with scarf Rillaboom. Standard moves on it, STABs Gunk and Low Kick, EQ for Salazzle or opposing Toxicroak, and Knock Off for stuff like Indeedee. I hope you enjoy it!

One final note, you can definitely make Raichu's set an NP set if you want. By doing this you're either sacrificing your only pivoting move or a vital coverage move, but it can be done. I tend to stick to NP myself but this variant worked out!​
Omg I didn't see this post before.
Thank you so much! This team looks amazing!

Sectonia

But I set fire to the rain
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
If I could request a team, I'll like to ask for something built around Porygon2. I have no immediate set that I want to use, so I'll be happy with any possible sets. I'll also prefer for the team to be a balance team, but I wouldn't say no to a semi-stall team if that turns out to be better.

Mostly, I've had a little bit of a falling out with building for RU, but I'm hoping to get back in the rhythm. I'll like to see, and use, a good team first, though. I'll also prefer it if the team was post-drops too, so I'm willing to wait a little bit for this team to come in fruition.

Voyager

He didn't notice that the lights had changed
Since this thread says open on the title and is not locked for further replies I am going to assume this is still open. I would like someone to make me a balance team built around a Scrafty+sableye core. I think it works very well and haven't been able to get into RU this gen despite being fairly active last gen. I like these sets together in particular, but I'm fine with either being tweaked https://pokepast.es/2c5399702fbca85b

Oathkeeper

is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
QUICK UPDATE ON RECENT REQUESTS

SectoniaServant, we're working on your team currently. It's a little challenging (which is good), but we're working on it, don't worry! :blobthumbsup:

Aquarius Ghost ❤, we had to ignore your request since Copperajah is now UU. If you want another team requested, just delete the request you have above and then create a new one based off of what you want. Thanks!

NEON_Voyager, we are still open my friend. I see your request and I will inform the rest of the team and we'll get back to you.​

Last edited:

Oathkeeper

If I could request a team, I'll like to ask for something built around Porygon2. I have no immediate set that I want to use, so I'll be happy with any possible sets. I'll also prefer for the team to be a balance team, but I wouldn't say no to a semi-stall team if that turns out to be better.

Mostly, I've had a little bit of a falling out with building for RU, but I'm hoping to get back in the rhythm. I'll like to see, and use, a good team first, though. I'll also prefer it if the team was post-drops too, so I'm willing to wait a little bit for this team to come in fruition.

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/15780142aee4f61f

SectoniaServant, here is your awesome team. Sorry we took a little long on this. You requested a balance or semi-stall team built around Porygon2 and this team may seem more bulky offense than them but we felt it was along that similar line of builds. Anyway.....

Porygon2 icon
This is the mon you wanted above all. It serves as your special tank and rightfully so. It can eat up Dracos and Leaf Storms from Specs Eggy-A very nicely and then either Recover its HP right back or pick off Eggy with a well-placed Ice Beam. Did I mention it can pivot with Teleport? Yeah, it does that! It also provides Toxic support where needed. Bear in mind that this thing is your go-to Scald switch-in.

Alcremie icon
My first thought when picking a partner for P2 is that it needs to be able to eat Fighting moves. Believe it or not, Aromatisse was there at first. But then we considered the powerhouse that is Guts Machamp. With the given EV spread, Alcremie can eat up any one move from a burned Guts Machamp (this includes Facade). I originally had Mystical Fire on there but given the lack of Steel types we have in RU, Aromatherapy seemed better for support on the team. It can function as a CM sweeper late-game.

Decidueye icon
This is your answer to bulky waters like Jellicent and Vaporeon and is also a switch-in to Ground moves. Both die to a +2 Leaf Blade even from full. Poltergeist is a great way to deal with stuff that resists Leaf Blade and all that. Shadow Sneak is there for revenge killing as well. MrAldo did recommend that this should not be brought in unless it was done via U-turn or for-sure safe switch (Porygon-2 Teleport for instance).

Togedemaru icon
The scarfer for your team and potential wincon. We threw in Toxic for support but you could just as easily replace it with Nuzzle for extra speed control if need be. Toge can also serve as your Poison, Steel, and Flying switch-in, but be very cautious since again, this is the scarf set, not SpDef.

Rhydon icon
Your rocker and way to beat Salazzle and potentially Centiskorch if brought in safely and at full since Power Whip does a lot. Keeping this thing healthy is key since you have no Wish passers on this team. The spread is rather old and from Copperajah times but it still does work and do its job. Ice Punch is nifty little present from Eggy-A thinking they're safe to switch into this. It's also your answer to Charizard but beware of Scorching Sands of course.

Charizard icon
Last but not least, your defogger. Aside from Decidueye, having a backup Ground resist/immunity is nice and this is where Zard comes into play. You could run Sands > Toxic if you want but extra Toxic support is good for Vaporeon and Jellicent. Other than that, standard Zard stuff. The EV spread is built for lasting longer than offensive.

Hope you like the team!​

Last edited:
Hello everybody!! I'd like to request a team revolving around exeggutor-alola in the new RU metagame. It's a beast that I want to use but I'm finding it really hard to build around. Looking for either a bulky offense or balance team, but if another archetype fits it better, it's fine by me.
Thanks!!
(Edit- I ended up changing my request to eggy-alola cuz lurantis doesnt seem that great in RU. Sorry for any inconvenience caused)

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
Since this thread says open on the title and is not locked for further replies I am going to assume this is still open. I would like someone to make me a balance team built around a Scrafty+sableye core. I think it works very well and haven't been able to get into RU this gen despite being fairly active last gen. I like these sets together in particular, but I'm fine with either being tweaked https://pokepast.es/2c5399702fbca85b

Common balance with some sets that facilitate certain matchups. Bulk Up Scrafty can be a very underrated threat in this meta, making quick work for any lazy p2 sableye balance you face so I like the choice. Growth Vileplume can be a rather neat wincon too. Moonblast is a neat tech to avoid giving duraludons too many free turns since your main switch-in doesnt have recovery so the more ways you limit it the better. Sableye with the classic set, extreme annoyance to any unprepared team. Scarf Drednaw for speed control is cool and facilitate not losing to charizard, our own zard for effective hazard control. It can be toxic or scorching sands over hurricane, comes down to preference but I had hurricane for opposing scrafty since I dont have a fairy keep that mind.

Lastly, galar fisk for stealth rock user, dragon resist and ground type, and this can be pretty ok but will be forgotten as soon as steelix returns so yeah. Snap Trap + Protect let you wear down stuff that cant touch it very well. Hopefully it isnt too late, sorry.

Voyager

He didn't notice that the lights had changed

Common balance with some sets that facilitate certain matchups. Bulk Up Scrafty can be a very underrated threat in this meta, making quick work for any lazy p2 sableye balance you face so I like the choice. Growth Vileplume can be a rather neat wincon too. Moonblast is a neat tech to avoid giving duraludons too many free turns since your main switch-in doesnt have recovery so the more ways you limit it the better. Sableye with the classic set, extreme annoyance to any unprepared team. Scarf Drednaw for speed control is cool and facilitate not losing to charizard, our own zard for effective hazard control. It can be toxic or scorching sands over hurricane, comes down to preference but I had hurricane for opposing scrafty since I dont have a fairy keep that mind.

Lastly, galar fisk for stealth rock user, dragon resist and ground type, and this can be pretty ok but will be forgotten as soon as steelix returns so yeah. Snap Trap + Protect let you wear down stuff that cant touch it very well. Hopefully it isnt too late, sorry.
Love the team. Thanks so much. Really like the drednaw. Many thanks again. Not too late at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)